Bosma Murder Trial 05.03.16 - Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, guess she wasn't accepted into spy school?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if part of her motivation in pursuing medicine (or stating that is her plan) is so she can be presented at her trial as a future positive contributor to society.

But medicine can mean a number of things. She talks about her mom being a medical professional as a chiropractor. Her parents are in the medical field with their own practice.
My guess is she was accepted to grad school to do her masters in Kinesiology. It's even good for a spy to have a background field.

No kidding. Let's talk to the Bosma family about traumatic experiences? If getting little scraps of bone and ash as the only thing that was left to bury their son was traumatic? Let's ask Sharlene if birthday parties, Christmas, graduation, marriage ceremonies, someday having grandkids and other of life's milestones are lonely? I guess that is what victim impact statements are for!
And if her statement is anything like the most memorable and most quoted one about the "devil leading the vilest form of evil down her driveway"... If they are found guilty I hope SB drives the final nail in their coffin and then SMILES at DM specifically.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Her entire testimony of several days has done little more than give me a headache. We got a tid bit more info out of her, but I think it all could have been done in less than an hour. She is doing little to help convict either except she had verified he drove the red truck and moved the incinerator. That's about all she has had to offer. IMO

She had been dating one of AM's friends, I think. She went to school with AM, if I remember correctly.
She initially claimed to have met him 2010 and dated him then but said sorta 2011 and in cross, she said 2011. But even in 2010, she was 22 when she was in jail (April 2014) so she would have been 18 or 19 when she was dating him.

SC tweet "Her old boyfriend went to same high school as Hagerman, Michalski. She went to different high school.
She was 18 when she started dating Millard. She's 24 now."

I hear you, but WHY is it not appropriate, exactly? Go back to a fairy tale like The Red Shoes. It's all about wicked women. And we know the main reason women are wicked is because they have sex.

(This isn't something I'm going to go to the mat over, it's just that shoe color is pretty arbitrary, when you think about it, and we all have ingrained biases and myths.)

If the shoe color is arbitrary, can she wear one red shoe and one green shoe?

I think it's inappropriate because it's not certain how people will react, jury or judge. Especially when it is a murder trial. Is it not possible that some members of the jury will let the color of shoes influence their perception of her credibility. It may be wrong, but it is what it is. Not a good place for fashion statements.

Looks like the red shoes get their own trial. Informal one.

It is true. Everyone seems to have jumped to the idea of med school. But it was said she was accepted to grad school and plans to practice medicine. That can mean a number of different things.

Tweets from reporters said med school.

Massasauga has a good point... why were her personal notes not raised by the Crown? There must have been some legal argument around this. It's not the first time evidence has been introduced by the defense in this case; I'm not highly educated in the law either, but I think there must be some legal grounds for this...

I think they tried but for some reason didn't get anywhere.

Right when they were ending on Thursday, the Crown asked CN if she kept the letters because she thought they could protect her some way. She said no, and the Crown asked if she wanted to refresh her memory from her notes.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Did you think holding on to them could protect you? No. Were you concerned about what Millard would do?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Leitch asks if keeping them could protect her in any way. she says no. He asks if she wants to refresh her memory from writings. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Then there is some confusion and he says he's moving on. #Bosma

Her entire testimony of several days has done little more than give me a headache. We got a tid bit more info out of her, but I think it all could have been done in less than an hour. She is doing little to help convict either except she had verified he drove the red truck and moved the incinerator. That's about all she has had to offer. IMO

It helps not to think of her as a useful witness in and of herself, but rather opening up the door to all of DM's machinations and plotting via his epic letters.

Kinesiology and Psychology .....graduated with honours. She back working as a life guard at the pool now?

I'm going to offend a bunch of people but those majors are ones where you can get high marks (and look good on your med school application). high marks in comparison to those that slog through the hard sciences, physics, chemistry and biology. In my humble opinion I mean.

If the shoe color is arbitrary, can she wear one red shoe and one green shoe?

I think it's inappropriate because it's not certain how people will react, jury or judge. Especially when it is a murder trial. Is it not possible that some members of the jury will let the color of shoes influence their perception of her credibility. It may be wrong, but it is what it is. Not a good place for fashion statements.

Looks like the red shoes get their own trial. Informal one.

Right, it's proving my point about biases. But I should also mention that based on her sextimony (zing!), she knows exactly which buttons she's pressing. JMO

So what do you make of the blackmail reference in her notes that TD brought up under cross exam?
She insisted it was just a joke...something childish. I really liked how TD told her she wasn't a child...and that she had a criminal mind.

Did anyone else catch that CN said she didn't pay for her final year of University herself? Wonder who paid the bill for the final year?

It is true. Everyone seems to have jumped to the idea of med school. But it was said she was accepted to grad school and plans to practice medicine. That can mean a number of different things.

I think the way some columnists tweeted it. I think it was Dungey that put the "medicine" idea out there. AC "You've taken psychology classes right, you're going into medicine," Dungey says. She says yes. #Bosma May 03, 2016"

whereas SC said this:

"She had a BSC in kinesiology and psychology. Wants to go into medicine. Has been accepted. Nickname Rubix because she can do it. May 03, 2016"

I'm going to offend a bunch of people but those majors are ones where you can get high marks (and look good on your med school application). high marks in comparison to those that slog through the hard sciences, physics, chemistry and biology. In my humble opinion I mean.

We don't know what she has or has had any intent to apply for med school, though. She wants to work in the medical field - medicine might be a pretty generic word used during testimony. jmo

What I really liked from today is that CN remembered enough to clarify that DM never told her the incinerator was for "burning metal" as that would be silly CN. Metal doesn't burn. Yet she remembered enough to know she wasn't sure of her pronoun on her phone call with MS. About whether we/he/i/they was the pronoun MS used.

Yet again her selective memory prevails.

Sorry sweetheart, I don't buy that you knew nothing and weren't knowingly involved.

All, MOO.

I would wonder if she is getting feedback on her testimony, or seeking feedback.

Did anyone else catch that CN said she didn't pay for her final year of University herself? Wonder who paid the bill for the final year?

I didn't catch this? Do you have a source.
I only heard that she said the jobs she was working paid for her University that year.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-trial-noudga-cross-1.3563755

"Noudga never told police about Millard's mother being involved with the wiping down of the truck, court heard, until she testified about it in court this week."

bbm So . . . maybe now the police are actively re-investigating MB's involvement after the fact? Maybe she will be charged after all, IMO.

All MOO.

I'm wondering if MB wanted any evidence removed from the outside of the trailer so LE would not have reason to search her house. If she pretends she wasn't there and some anonymous person left it there then there wouldn't be any reason to search her house?

"Then there is Dungey, who has gained folk-hero status on Twitter by fans who have dubbed him "The Dunginator." They admire his old-school, gloves-off style of bellowing at witnesses which has reduced a few to tears, to the point where Justice Andrew Goodman has sometimes had to haul him back, telling him to "lower the tenor." "

Quote from today's Hamilton Spectator Susan Clairmont column:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...omplicated-as-noudga-faces-cross-examination/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would you just look at that as a damn smile from the devil too?!

Is the crown allowed to see medical documents on both MS and DM regardimg any treatment for shoulder injuries?
From prison records. Especially if MS was said to possibly need surgery? There was something in trstimony from MM regardimg MS going to doctor with his mother?

Sorry, missed the quote I a, responding to: I believe number 195.
On CN stating MS had shoulder injury prior to Arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse