Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it's different in TO. I know someone who priced tats in Vancouver just yesterday and the quotes were $150/$160/$180 per hour.

Yes, can vary from place to place. I had a quote done at a popular TO shop. For the best artist for my piece, he charged $275/hour. My piece was going to be 8 hours or more. Decided to go with a differnt shop and paid $400. Mind you, I love my tat but the TO shop would have been photo perfect. I checked out the TO sop a few years back for hubbies 1st tat. I seen the they went back to by the piece.

the damn hoses at Riverdale. Will we ever hear what is going on with that story?? Looks like they detoured there at some point. Rinsing ashes away for 10 hours much? So much more that doesn't make sense.

Since CN's parents are "immigrants" typically they are not ok with their daughters being out all hours with boyfriend, smoking drugs, practically living at DM's house 6-7 nights a week. That is considered not acceptable to most immigrants. Trust me, I have lots of insight into that issue

I agree with other posters - washing off transferred blood. Whether from car seats, shoes, tires. That was a total blood bath. Blood is everywhere, including the driver side running board. DM probably stepped into a pool of blood.

It must be from an artery and probably not femoral because from there a lot of blood would go down the pant I imagine. Carotid artery wound probably could do that - neck is highly mobile and could spread blood in all directions.

This is a slippery path. Innocent people use lawyers more often than guilty people. Are you sure you are verse enough in law so as not to implicate yourself of a crime that you did not commit?

Are you even sure you know of all the illegal acts you ever committed?

i guess not coming to a full stop at a residential stop sign when no one coming from any direction is breaking the law, but I have never stolen, killed, or sold drugs. For anyone that would try to arrest me or charge me for something illegal, I would have nothing to fear or worry about. There would not be any inadmissible evidence excuse or remaining silent and refusing to cooperate with police. Innocent people can prove their innocence. It's the guilty ones that need to drum up an alibi. Police don't arrest innocent people out of the blue, for no reason.

Maybe be this an over implication, but I think you get my point.

Do you all think that these two clowns planned to kill Tim Bosma before going on the test drive? How in the world did they thought they would get away with it is beyond me. I thought that maybe they killed him when he resisted in giving up his truck. Will we ever learn what really happened?

Do you all think that these two clowns planned to kill Tim Bosma before going on the test drive? How in the world did they thought they would get away with it is beyond me. I thought that maybe they killed him when he resisted in giving up his truck. Will we ever learn what really happened?

I believe DM had this fully planned. He was not choosing which truck he wanted, he was choosing which truck owner would be the easier kill. I'm still unsure if MS knew how far this mission was going.

I also think he had planned on murder.

Now he's been charged with the murder of his own father as well as LB.. but the time of Tim's death his father had been ruled a suicide and LB was just missing with no real effort to find her.. He thought himself a mastermind at killing and getting away with it.

MOO!

A few things stick in my mind that I wonder about.
When AM or MH (can't remember which) said they fingered MS, Crown had no ?'s about it.
Not a, when did you decide to, not a why, nothing. And then he had a bad case of selective memory when he gave his police statements.
Seems odd.
Also, why was there so few ?'s about the Eliminator?
Why didn't Crown ask AM MH CN SS, DM's carpenter JV (is it)
When did you first see it? Where all did see it? Did you not question what it was for? Did you ever see it operation.
Many questions and Crown didn't ask any that I remember.
Do you suppose there was an agreement made?

I don't think there was ever any doubt that they planned to kill him.
Too many texts about fireworks tonight, bring a change of cloths, then it's an all nighter, MM's statement of how happy they were after etc,etc.

Yes I truly believe this "mission" to steal a truck and kill TIm Bosma was most definitely premeditated. Lots of the testimony so far certainly points to premeditation, IMO, for both DM and MS.

They had been stealing and getting away with it, and had already allegedly murdered WM (DM alone) and LB together and gotten away with it. Although the latter can not be used against them during this trial, their actions show rapid progression of committing murders ... Seems to me that, at the very least, DM was gaining extraordinary pleasure from killing, for no other reason than the thrill of the kill. Three people were murdered over the span of 10 months. Every single one of his depraved acts was bringing him enjoyment and thrills, and would have increased exponentially as time went on, had he not been caught.

How deeply tragic, sad and senseless that WM and LB death/missing weren't thoroughly and properly investigated at the time. If that had happened and Dellen had been arrested then, Tim Bosma would be safe at home with his loving family, sharing their wonderful lives together.

(Actually I am very angry that the WM and LB cases were so poorly investigated ... And I believe that the police involved in those two investigations have a part in the horrific death of Tim Bosma, which could have been prevented had those investigators been more diligent and devoted themselves to timely, thorough and proper procedures. IMO)

Premeditation for certain.

MOO

i guess not coming to a full stop at a residential stop sign when no one coming from any direction is breaking the law, but I have never stolen, killed, or sold drugs. For anyone that would try to arrest me or charge me for something illegal, I would have nothing to fear or worry about. There would not be any inadmissible evidence excuse or remaining silent and refusing to cooperate with police. Innocent people can prove their innocence. It's the guilty ones that need to drum up an alibi. Police don't arrest innocent people out of the blue, for no reason.

Tragically, in North America, there are tens of thousands of innocent people spending sometimes decades of their lives for crimes they did not commit. Innocent people can't always prove that they are, indeed, innocent.

Much of the time the reason for this is because they thought "I have nothing to hide ... Of course I will cooperate with the police ... Ask me questions and I will answer them truthfully."

It is in your best interests to have legal representation to advise you and perhaps accompany you BEFORE agreeing to speak with the police.

MOO

The scary part, and I think most of us don't enjoy it when this point it made, is how close they WERE to getting away with it. If I'm not mistaken, it's more or less down to DM using that burner phone twice, and then the ambition tattoo. Maybe one of the inner circle would have spilled eventually, or DM would have gotten even more reckless, but by then they would have had much more time to deal with the evidence and strip the truck.

A few things stick in my mind that I wonder about.
When AM or MH (can't remember which) said they fingered MS, Crown had no ?'s about it.
Not a, when did you decide to, not a why, nothing. And then he had a bad case of selective memory when he gave his police statements.
Seems odd.
Also, why was there so few ?'s about the Eliminator?
Why didn't Crown ask AM MH CN SS, DM's carpenter JV (is it)
When did you first see it? Where all did see it? Did you not question what it was for? Did you ever see it operation.
Many questions and Crown didn't ask any that I remember.
Do you suppose there was an agreement made?

(about the incinerator questions) ..... police have suggested that the incinerator was used on LB the previous year and for that reason I think the Bosma trial was very narrow in scope .... there may very well be a lot more about it during the LB trial .... that is my guess anyway .... did you notice how fast the judge cut off the Georgia manufacturer when he was on the witness stand ... he said the incinerator had been used more than once.

Innocent people definitely do get arrested out of the blue. Unfortunately not all can prove their innocence. Thousands can't.

Man sues Toronto police for $5M over violent arrest
A Woodbridge man is suing Toronto police for $5 million after being kneed and punched repeatedly during what they now acknowledge was a mistaken arrest.​
A video of the incident shows police officers subduing Santokh Bola, 21, on the morning of Nov. 1 as he pleads with them to let him go.​

He had the misfortune of matching the description given by someone who had called 911. Police misidentified him.

According to the Innocence Project, of the first 325 cases exonerated by DNA evidence, misidentification by eyewitnesses was a factor in 235 (72%) and unvalidated or improper forensics contributed to 154 (47%). Most had no prior criminal history. They also note that "for every case that involves DNA, there are hundreds that do not."

Even if you never go out of your house, there's still a chance of something like this happening: Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House. He and his wife were watching tv. The police acknowledged that they'd received "faulty" information from a drug informant.

The Cato Institute has a US map: Botched Paramilitary Police Raids. The pink markers signify raids on innocent subjects, the blue ones, the deaths of innocents. Business Insider: 9 Horrifying Botched Police Raids, including a computer glitch that resulted in NY police raiding an elderly couple's home over 50 times in eight YEARS.

There are countless examples of beatings, arrests, and deaths of innocent people by police, and convictions of innocent people, including people who have never committed a crime. Try searching for "police raid wrong house" or "police arrest innocent." From a 2010 LE article about the Innocence Project:

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 1.5 million people are incarcerated in U.S. state and federal prisons, with another million held in jails. Even if the criminal justice system is right 99 percent of the time, that would still mean that more than 15,000 innocents remain behind prison bars, while the real criminals walk free.​

That's innocent people in prison. Not just arrested, convicted and imprisoned. And just in one country.

The scary part, and I think most of us don't enjoy it when this point it made, is how close they WERE to getting away with it. If I'm not mistaken, it's more or less down to DM using that burner phone twice, and then the ambition tattoo. Maybe one of the inner circle would have spilled eventually, or DM would have gotten even more reckless, but by then they would have had much more time to deal with the evidence and strip the truck.

Yes .... very scary how close they came to getting away with it .... but I like to think they would eventually be caught if one of the groupies found out it was a murder as well as a theft .... friendship and loyalties only go so far in situations like that ... wishful thinking I know , but not everybody in that gang was a heartless psychopath.

Yes .... very scary how close they came to getting away with it .... but I like to think they would eventually be caught if one of the groupies found out it was a murder as well as a theft .... friendship and loyalties only go so far in situations like that ... wishful thinking I know , but not everybody in that gang was a heartless psychopath.

There's also fear. I grew up with a guy who years later killed someone over something minor. I cannot imagine being comfortable in his presence. No doubt I'd be terrified and, if I were in a position to turn him in, that'd probably terrify me too but I'd figure out a way to do it. There's no way I'd let someone get away with murder but frankly in the case of a friend or acquaintance, my primary motivation would probably be hard-wired self-protection.

Yes , and they probably have to keep a lid on it so as not to influence the current trial. I find an intriguing time gap in what we know so far .... police have already stated they think LB was incinerated .... the unit was ordered in June 2013 , didn't arrive until later in July , and was not functioning until maybe a month or so after LB was last seen.

Makes me wonder if there were any big old freezers on any Millard properties. Or did they try to use the homemade SS incinerator. Wonder where it ended up.

I think, it may have happened inside the homemade incinerator and after being unsuccessful then in the Eliminator. When police found TB it was said first he was burned inside a barrel - for that there has to have been a reason. The incinerator had been used more than one time - a reason more to think of an amateur action in 2 sequences. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties