Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop for a minute to think about the driver of the Hummer? This was an innocent man, out with his family, when suddenly a white Lexus appears in his lane coming at him. His family includes a wife, a child, a one month old baby, and a 73 year old woman. Just think what was going thru his mind in those seconds he had before hitting her. Terror, I would imagine.

Talk about feelings, despair, being upset? What do you think he is dealing with after the crash? To know you were the driver of the vehicle that caused the impact which claimed a woman's life? He and the adults in the Hummer have just been thru a life changing experience. Please pause a minute to think about them or if you believe, offer a prayer on their behalf. Thank you.

***Please don't get snappy with me - I know this thread is about BJ. However, due to him hitting the Lexus, the Lexus ended up in front of the Hummer and this family needs some tender loving thoughts. IMO.

It could have had trailer brakes.
Smaller trailers often don't, but it might have.
Our flatbed snowmobile trailer is about twice that long and it has brakes. :twocents:

He definitely didn't reach down and pull the trailer brakes though.
So if it had them it was connected at the back of the Escalade.
There might be pictures of the back somewhere that we could tell?

Not the mystery of why she didn't have a valid CA license for 8 years when she is a CA resident isn't.:snooty:
I still think she could've had it taken away by DUI's or such.

I've moved around a lot... when you move into a new state and apply for a driver's license there, they will either confiscate your old state's license or deface it in some way (like cutting off a corner). They also inform your old state so they can update their records. You cannot have valid licenses from two states at the same time. If she had a valid AZ license, she did not go through the process of getting a CA license.

Also, residency is more than just property ownership. She may still spend significant amounts of time in AZ, do her banking there, receive mail there, vote there, etc. We don't have enough info (unless I missed something, which is very possible!) to know which state was her actual state of residency.

ETA For tax purposes, most states have a six months rule, where if you reside in a state for more than six months of the year you are considered a legal resident. However, this is a rebuttable presumption, so based on other facts and circumstances (as mentioned above) you can exceed that and still maintain residency in the other state. This is MOST states, some do have a hard and fast six month rule.

Unconfirmed tax accountant here.

Moo, etc.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

Our flatbed snowmobile trailer is about twice that long and it has brakes. :twocents:

Yes. Reports are the trailer brakes left skid marks.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/02/13/bruce-jenner-car-crash-lexus-slammed-brakes-accident-police

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the Lexus left no skid marks, but that is not necessarily telling. Bruce's SUV didn't leave skid marks either ... only his trailer did. We're told the anti-lock devices on these vehicles could have prevented the tires from skidding.

http://www.myfoxcarolinas.com/story...alibu-crash-involving-bruce-jenner-identified

The trailer had brakes that left skid marks, which are being analyzed to determine the Escalade's speed, he said.

(He being Sgt Brooks)

Articles say there were skid marks. This one is odd.

http://patch.com/california/malibu/...bruce-jenner-possibly-being-pursued-paparazzi

The trailer had brakes that left skid marks being analyzed to determine the Escalade’s speed, he said.

Yes, I read that, but since we have photos, I think it makes more sense to believe my eyes and I just do not see any skid marks. Maybe skid marks left by trailers are very light and are not able to be picked up by a camera? Also, it seems strange that the truck would not leave skid marks too.

What would we look for?

Yes, I read that, but since we have photos, I think it makes more sense to believe my eyes and I just do not see any skid marks. Maybe skid marks left by trailers are very light and are not able to be picked up by a camera? Also, it seems strange that the truck would not leave skid marks too.

It's not strange at all. The Escalade has anti-lock brakes. So did the Lexus and that's why it left no skid marks.

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/skid-marks

Anti-lock brake systems are designed to prevent car crashes; when they don't, the systems can put the brakes on accident investigations.
See, anti-lock brakes, which allow wheels to continue rotating, often don't leave skid marks.
But when anti-lock brakes are involved, all that's left behind are faint marks that are easily overlooked or misinterpreted, and that disappear within hours, not weeks.

http://papers.sae.org/2007-01-0723/

Relationship Between Anti-Lock Tire Mark Length and Speed Change

Anti-lock brake systems reduce the wheel slip and avoid wheel lock (100% slip) to enable a vehicle to achieve high deceleration rates under emergency braking while retaining steering control. Typically, during braking an ABS system will maintain 5-25% slip, and can sometimes leave faint and/or alternating tire marks as opposed to the dark skid marks created by a locked sliding wheel.

That's kind of misleading.

"Multiple unnamed sources" say....

Bruce Jenner told cops the Lexus driver who was killed in Saturday's crash suddenly, without warning, slammed her brakes in front of him and there was no way he could avoid the crash.

IMO that's not like an "ohhhh BJ is blaming a dead woman" sensational story that would sell. So they created a sensationalized title so they would get clicks.

It's his version of what happened.

And from his point of view from the driver's seat of that Escalde, I'd say its pretty accurate.

JMO

I know someone with a home in California and another state, spend equal time at both places. For tax purposes, other state is primary residence and where she has a license. Maybe Arizona has lower state income tax rate.

It was said she was going back and forth to see friends in Arizona, maybe her Arizona friends would say she was going back and forth to see friends in California.

If she spends more than 10 days straight at any of her properties in CA, she's not visiting and needs a valid CA license. Fact according CA DMV.

RBBM - Maybe it's because we believe Bruce Jenner was at fault. I would fault the driver of the Lexus for the damage caused to the Prius if the driver did in fact hit it. IMO Jenner is responsible for hitting the Lexus and the tragedy that ensued. The driver of the Hummer and the driver of the Prius are not at fault IMO unless there is something that we don't yet know.

It's against the law to plow into a slowing or stopped vehicle. If someone can prove to me otherwise, then I might change my mind.

The driver of the Prius bears blame for stopping in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. The victim/driver of the Lexus also bears blame for hitting the Prius. Bruce is NOT solely at fault here! Noone is blaming the Hummer driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles