Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've moved around a lot... when you move into a new state and apply for a driver's license there, they will either confiscate your old state's license or deface it in some way (like cutting off a corner). They also inform your old state so they can update their records. You cannot have valid licenses from two states at the same time. If she had a valid AZ license, she did not go through the process of getting a CA license.

Also, residency is more than just property ownership. She may still spend significant amounts of time in AZ, do her banking there, receive mail there, vote there, etc. We don't have enough info (unless I missed something, which is very possible!) to know which state was her actual state of residency.

ETA For tax purposes, most states have a six months rule, where if you reside in a state for more than six months of the year you are considered a legal resident. However, this is a rebuttable presumption, so based on other facts and circumstances (as mentioned above) you can exceed that and still maintain residency in the other state. This is MOST states, some do have a hard and fast six month rule.

Unconfirmed tax accountant here.

Moo, etc.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

Granted, but she had a CA license prior to 2007. I want to know why she lost it.

I think this thread is too mixed into Bruce changing. I have no problem with it. Never did never will. What he does with his life, will never affect me, my life. He has a right to make his own decisions in his/her life, same as Chaz. Nobody here can say what happened, you can't tell by pics. Nobody here can recreate the scene, unless they want too. Then the pic of him speeding , please post proof.

That's kind of misleading.

"Multiple unnamed sources" say....

Bruce Jenner told cops the Lexus driver who was killed in Saturday's crash suddenly, without warning, slammed her brakes in front of him and there was no way he could avoid the crash.

IMO that's not like an "ohhhh BJ is blaming a dead woman" sensational story that would sell. So they created a sensationalized title so they would get clicks.

It's his version of what happened.

And from his point of view from the driver's seat of that Escalde, I'd say its pretty accurate.

Except...... if the car in front of you suddenly slams on its brakes and there was no way for you to avoid the crash, that generally means that you were at fault, for not allowing sufficient distance between you and the car in front of you to stop in case the car in front of you suddenly slams on its brakes.

There are limited exceptions to the general rule that the rear-ending driver is almost always at fault. I personally haven't seen enough verified factual information about the circumstances of the crash to draw any conclusions about whether this particular crash involved an exception to that general rule. But Jenner saying "the car in front of me suddenly slammed on its brakes and there was no way I could avoid the crash," while that may be 100% true, in no absolves him from fault. JMO

Is it known if anyone was cited at the scene of the accident? Does that get deferred in the event than an ongoing investigation is commenced?

My D was recently in a car accident in which 3 witnesses gave statements to a police officer which would seem to indicate it was her fault. She wasn't cited for the accident though, which I don't quite understand. The insurance company seems to be proceeding as if it was her fault.

The California DMV rules say:

"If you are a visitor in California over 18 and have a valid driver license from your home state or country, you may drive in this state without getting a California driver license as long as your home state license remains valid.

If you become a California resident, you must get a California driver license within 10 days. Residency is established by voting in a California election, paying resident tuition, filing for a homeowner's property tax exemption, or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to nonresidents."​

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/dl_info

Except...... if the car in front of you suddenly slams on its brakes and there was no way for you to avoid the crash, that generally means that you were at fault, for not allowing sufficient distance between you and the car in front of you to stop in case the car in front of you suddenly slams on its brakes.

There are limited exceptions to the general rule that the rear-ending driver is almost always at fault. I personally haven't seen enough verified factual information about the circumstances of the crash to draw any conclusions about whether this particular crash involved an exception to that general rule. But Jenner saying "the car in front of me suddenly slammed on its brakes and there was no way I could avoid the crash," while that may be 100% true, in no absolves him from fault. JMO

I know all about safe distances, partial liability, comparative findings... I understand all of that. My post had nothing to do with that. I've stated all along BJ is at fault. I'm just not sure at this point if its 100%.

My point was only that the title of the article posted was sensationalized.
My post had nothing to fo with fault/not at fault.

I stated he gave his version how he saw it. He's not "blaming the dead woman" as the sensationalized title suggests.

JMO

Is it known if anyone was cited at the scene of the accident? Does that get deferred in the event than an ongoing investigation is commenced?

My D was recently in a car accident in which 3 witnesses gave statements to a police officer which would seem to indicate it was her fault. She wasn't cited for the accident though, which I don't quite understand. The insurance company seems to be proceeding as if it was her fault.

You don't have to be cited to be found at fault.

The driver of the Prius bears blame for stopping in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. The victim/driver of the Lexus also bears blame for hitting the Prius. Bruce is NOT solely at fault here! Noone is blaming the Hummer driver.

We don't know that the Prius was stopped for no reason. And that doesn't make it ok for the following car to hit the stopped car. When is it ever ok to hit a stopped or slowing vehicle?? Pretty much never! If a vehicle suddenly merges into your path or a vehicle doesn't have tail lights then you likely won't be at fault. But I don't see that to be the case in this accident.

eta: I never said Bruce was solely at fault.

You don't have to be cited to be found at fault.

My D tried to beat the yellow light and didn't make it. Burns me up since DH was the role model for that one. When I'd object he'd say "Oh, that wasn't red, it was pink!"

He admitted after this incident that he had not set a good example and had a long talk with her about slowing down and respecting the yellow light.

I think this incident made a huge impression on her. She cried and cried that night at the thought that she could have hurt someone.

If she spends more than 10 days straight at any of her properties in CA, she's not visiting and needs a valid CA license. Fact according CA DMV.

No, she has 10 days to get a license after establishing residency. It takes much longer than 10 days in a state to establish residency ( usually 6 months)

Let's look at this drivers license issue from another standpoint. Why did she have an AZ drivers license and a CA plate? Hmmm? Don't think that is legal.

I am speaking from personal experience. On one move to another state, did not change the license plates within time frame and was ticketed. Twenty years later, move to another state, immediately change plates, but failed to get drivers license changed, ticketed again! Both times just had to get changes made, go to courthouse, show proof, pay court charge, and ticket dismissed. I learned my lesson - am staying in my current state! :blushing:

Let's look at this drivers license issue from another standpoint. Why did she have an AZ drivers license and a CA plate? Hmmm? Don't think that is legal.
Maybe she has another car in Arizona? In any case, you don't have to have a California driver's license to drive a car registered in California.

No, she has 10 days to get a license after establishing residency. It takes much longer than 10 days in a state to establish residency ( usually 6 months)

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?...mv_content_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr33
[h=2]Am I a California Resident?[/h]You are considered a California resident if you are present in this state on more than a temporary or transient basis for 6 months or more in a 12-month period (CVC §516) and/or California is the state where:

• You are registered to vote.
  • You are gainfully employed. Military personnel are not considered gainfully employed in California, even if they also hold a civilian job.
  • Your place of business is located.
  • Resident tuition is paid at a public institution of higher education.
  • Dependents attend a primary or secondary school.
  • Homeowner's property tax exemption is declared.
  • Property is leased for use as a residence.
  • Residence is declared to obtain a license, privilege, or benefit not ordinarily extended to a nonresident.
  • Your current driver license was issued (except nonresident students).
  • You are determined to be a resident as evidenced by acts, occurrences, or events that indicate presence in the state is more than temporary or transient.

Why does the driver's license matter so much? What am I missing here?

Why does the driver's license matter so much? What am I missing here?

Because neither Steindorffer nor Howe had valid CA driver's licenses at the time of the crash, and neither should have been driving. Howe hasn't had one since 2007, and I think there's probably a very good reason that she lost it. I highly doubt driving on an Arizona license when she is a CA resident would cover her!!!

She has established residency. She owns 4 properties and is a neighbor of the Kardashians. She lived in CA at the time of her death.

Whether they had driver's licenses or not, doesn't change the fact that both Lexus and Prius were rear ended.
And Jenner's car hit the Lexus and even possibly the Prius.
Driver's license or not driver's license isn't going to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff