CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPS failed this pre-teen. She was severly punished, removed from school. the mom is an addict. They did nothing to help her. I got other neighbors and the landlord to file. Still crickets. Creepy bf moved in. No follow-ips. Nothing.

CPS was called on us by a government agency because one of our underaged daughters was at a friend’s house for a sleepover (from the IP findings) and coerced by someone the girls thought was a contemporary to do disturbing things with her friends over video chat. It was not a contemporary and was disseminated in revolting internet circles. The reporting agency notified us that this had happened more than a year after it had happened and reported us to CPS a year after that because our child refused services. My daughter before that point still thought they had been chatting with a young boy. She herself refused victim services and she told the social worker just that. We still discuss regularly that counseling is available if she wants. Our social worker came unannounced, looked at bedrooms, the kitchen, kids and their homeschool schoolwork, talked to everyone and it was a case closed.

Any reasonable parent homeschooling or otherwise will let their house and children be viewed and evaluated by any person who wants to do so. When the parents don’t allow access or hide their children is a huge cause for concern across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if the front door was opened to them and they smelled some of the foul smell they described when they found the children, would that have been enough to warrant further action? Could they have insisted on seeing all of the kids?

I don't think you can go into someones abode because it smells. There has to be probable cause of something criminal and smell isn't it. IMO

mind you, I am here and they are elsewhere. Might be different laws. IMO

Bankruptcy is handled differently than foreclosure. I know with a foreclosure it stays on your record for 7 years, I think the bankruptcy laws have eased and it doesn't stay as long. I sell real estate and know of clients that have gotten into a credit rehab program and progressed quicker. Bankruptcy will only protect your primary residence and gives you power to negotiate on the consumer debt.

But if the front door was opened to them and they smelled some of the foul smell they described when they found the children, would that have been enough to warrant further action? Could they have insisted on seeing all of the kids?
In most case the not only ask if kids are ok but have to see them, because of the fact it is very easy to lie.

Forgive me if this has been brought up recently, I’m a few pages behind.
To some degree I completely get that the extended family would not see a red flag concerning the children based on not speaking to them. That is if we were actually thinking in normal terms. SO HUGE RED FLAG....when you don’t hear of graduation from high school/college, moving to their first apt/house plans, marriage plans, baby plans...I honestly think the majority of these kids are mentally delayed (whether genetically or by abuse). How else can you not think it’s odd that none of these kids seem to become adults?

That is ODD. PERIOD. JMO

Not all families are close, mileage-wise, or sharing-wise. Especially, if one person is adamant about the relationship being cordial, at best. The other family members tend to get the picture, and back off.

The 13 children were all biological offspring of mom and dad...multiple news sources have stated that, and I tend to believe it in this instance. JMO

Getting pregnant in one's late 40s can more easily happen if the mother continues to get pregnant over the years--the fertility period can be extended. I see it all the time in my genealogy charts with the farm wives. And I agree that for some women, even today, this can be a fulfilling and purposeful choice (though we see it less often than a generation or two ago).

My own instincts - just a hypothesis at this point - are that mom perhaps struggled with advancing mental illness, and dad tried to keep her happy (eg. three vow renewal ceremonies since 2011 per the Heavy.com article, which also mentioned her smirking and spitting when arrested). Close friend growing up had a schizophrenic mom who only felt 'well' when pregnant; big family. Mom was in and out of hospitals all her life and the elder sibs (big family) mostly raised the younger. Schizophrenia is also a disease often associated with 'religiosity' (though not to be confused with any one faith).

The bankruptcy in 2011, the move to CA, the lessening of ties to family and friends in the past 4-5 yrs (per facebook and grandparent comments), last vow renewal in 2015 or 2016...in my opinion this could have been a scenario where there was a downward spiral of increasing isolation and mental illness that was unaddressed. My heart breaks for those kids. The last vow renewal mom had a baby in her arms. That baby is now two...time to get pregnant again, be a bride again, or have a breakdown. ☹️

JMO, and just a guess for now.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Anyone who brings up Trump or politics gets an automatic 7 day time out.

Please do not quote a post that discusses politics. Makes more work for the mods. Please alert only.

I feel so sorry for these children. Even when they've been through nutritional, physical and emotional treatment and therapy, they will still have to deal with the WWW and all the horrific things said about them.

Bankruptcy is handled differently than foreclosure. I know with a foreclosure it stays on your record for 7 years, I think the bankruptcy laws have eased and it doesn't stay as long. I sell real estate and know of clients that have gotten into a credit rehab program and progressed quicker. Bankruptcy will only protect your primary residence and gives you power to negotiate on the consumer debt.

Bankruptcy stays on your credit report 7 years for chap 13 and 10 years for chap 7 AFAIK. I also didn’t see the current house of horrors listed on the bankruptcy docs so I don’t think they had this mortgage when they filed.

I don't think you can go into someones abode because it smells. There has to be probable cause of something criminal and smell isn't it. IMO

If anyone in a legal or social service capacity went to a door and smelled something as horrific as what appears to be here, I would hope it was adequate to trigger a further investigation, even if a warrant was needed first before entering. The smell of death or of a lot of feces would triger me to call.

I just wondered if the smell was urine or feces if that would make a difference.

It is like the mom is the perpetual bride and the kids are forever children.

jmo

Forever children. Oh god. Haven't there been child abuse cases where the parents wanted to keep the kids children forever? It sounds so familiar.
From how the father's parents talk about him and their family. it sounds like the apple doesn't fall far. "A respectable family"? Dressed alike "for safety reasons"? Who says that?

Feces are considered a health hazard. So this could be a red flag. Don’t know what the next step is

I finally figured out who the dressed up girls remind me of . I'm not making light but this is THAT creepydownload.jpg

The Bankruptcy petition was interesting. Most of the credit cards say the debt was incurred in 2007/2008. Credit lending/standards were much looser than they are today. If they reported a $100,000+ income they likely would have gotten whatever credit cards they wanted without the issuers doing much checking. Still, it was odd for them to have 40 credit cards with $500-$5,000 balances. Like they just ran up one card and went to the next.

The 401k looks high on paper but it's quite low for someone making that much money. My guess is early on he contributed a reasonable amount (2-5% before taxes) but once things got tough stopped contributions. There's a penalty and the money is taxed if you take it out, so most never take it out before retirement.

How does that affect height? My brother in law was growing slowly and the doctor said that as long as he didn't reach puberty he would keep growing taller. So we wanted him to reach puberty later.

But would almeone attain height if there being starved? Some of those girls look taller than mom.

If they were consistently low in Vitamin B12 it would affect their overall growth. I need B12 injections, and one of my breastfed children developed a deficiency as a baby that wasn't picked up until she became failure to thrive. She'd stopped gaining weight and was lethargic at 7 months old, but another significant symptom was that she stopped growing taller and there was a hollow in the back of her head, where those three skull bones are supposed to fuse. Famine-starved children do not stop growing taller, even when they lose weight, but a B12-starved child will almost immediately experience arrested growth. This makes me sound terribly negligent, but we just didn't know, and it was so easily fixed at 7 months old because we were WATCHING our child and consulting doctors the moment we thought something was wrong... Other symptoms of B12 deficiency (that a baby can't tell you) is that your mouth and throat are always sore, so my baby didn't want anything except familiar breast milk. Long term B12 deficiency can also affect emotional responses and the nervous system.
So I think they didn't eat much meat/ animal products, and didn't have the basic nutrition to grow and develop normally. The cut and style of those dresses would also seem designed to bind down/ camouflage even a little sign of breast development - they are definitely "little girl" dresses, rather than dresses worn by a small-breasted woman.

Other observations: I have a new respect for Elvis impersonators who take on clients like that and run with it. Those guys in the videos were all true professionals, helping the kids participate and never losing character for a minute with even a flicker of "Wow, these people are weird." Even in the world of Elvis Vegas weddings, this one would be out of the ordinary. The wedding video reminded me of a kid's party where you hire an entertainer who just takes control and everything goes seamlessly. Only the "kid" in question was the mother.

I noticed that the kids had trouble coordinating and singing (I choose to blame a B12 deficiency) but it also seemed to me that they didn't know the words to the songs. This seemed weird and sad to me too, because if the mother was so fixated on Elvis, surely she'd be playing the music regularly at home or in the car so the kids would know the words. There's another sad aspect to their childhood.

I am recalling a case in Australia where the father had a decent job and was well-respected yet behind the scenes the SAHM simply couldn't cope with 2 children and opted out. One child died when he cut his foot in the rubbish-infested house. While it seems a very different case, I think Louise was completely out of her depth and couldn't admit it, she couldn't deal with adult children so she consciously and unconsciously condemned them to an eternal childhood. She had a fantasy to fulfill and she was fixated on that. Now that sexual abuse seems to have been ruled out, my gut feeling is that she was the driving force behind this, and David didn't risk tarnishing his shining armour by taking the children's side. Although I think they both must be emotionally stunted to keep having babies to reinforce their own beautiful love story when they couldn't seem to interact normally with any of these kids. As someone else mentioned, there is no interaction with the children. Elvis came across as more of a loving parent than the two of them put together.
Again, it's Elvis who has finally got me crying in this. I just want to thank him for giving those little girls a moment of feeling special when he lined them up and told them to each step out into the chapel one at a time - those girls were beaming and they stopped for an individual photo in front of the camera and then kept going, just to blend into the background of their parents' fourth/ fifth special day. Elvis is probably the only one who ever treated any of those kids like an individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne