CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These people seem trapped in the past ~ but which decade?

I know, right? The fashion alone is all over the map. Mom's wedding dress: modern day, but for a much younger woman in a non-conservative household. Dad and boys: 1960s Beatniks. Girls: 1970s twins from the Shining, but some get stripper heels (??) and some are wearing Mary Janes!

Couple charged with chaining up kids lived in Texas

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/ca-c...aining-up-kids-lived-in-north-texas/508417055

FORT WORTH -- A couple arrested for endangering and torturing their 13 children in California lived in North Texas just a few years ago.

According to online records, David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, have ties to Fort Worth, Burleson, and Rio Vista.

David Allen Turpin has a 401(k) from Lockheed Martin, records show . . . more at link above

OOHH that has a clearer vid of them being arrested.

Mental and intellectual disabilities can’t be diagnosed on looks, and especially not based on photos. You are speculating about an abused victim here.

First, I said I my opinion, and second, I said just my thoughts.
I didn’t say I was diagnosing as I’m not a doctor nor a mental health professional.
I stated my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry that you experienced that.

I agree entirely. What i find most heartbreaking is the girl who i think who may turn out to be the oldest daughter, seemed to be having a good time, it must have felt wonderful for a few moments maybe.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but knowing what we know, it's so bloody awful to watch. That poor boy at 24 minutes, James i think. His legs in those short trousers are just heartbreaking.

I agree. I think Jonathan is the middle eldest boy. His little ankles broke my heart. Someone who is now 22/23 (19 or so in the video) shouldn't be so small and frail. That was a particularly disturbing aspect.

Couple charged with chaining up kids lived in Texas

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/ca-c...aining-up-kids-lived-in-north-texas/508417055

FORT WORTH -- A couple arrested for endangering and torturing their 13 children in California lived in North Texas just a few years ago.

According to online records, David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, have ties to Fort Worth, Burleson, and Rio Vista.

David Allen Turpin has a 401(k) from Lockheed Martin, records show . . . more at link above

Oh wow - that TX house is a disaster area and yeah I wonder if they made their children sleep in that attic

Oh God.

I'm assuming the under-age kids are in foster care. Where do the adult children go?

I am finally all caught up, and just speechless about this situation. As a mom of two, and a teacher, I just cannot imagine treating children (or adults) in this manner. Does anyone in the area have any suggestions as to how we can help them out? Is there anything we can do?

You know we had a case on here before with a teen who was confined, chained and tortured and we created a thread with personal messages to be delivered to him. Could we do something like that for these kids?

I am on post #471, Tapatalk says page 48/76. I am so far behind but I want to add before I start reading about press briefing a few observations. “Mother” is detached from all kids in video. Girls all touch and sway in their dresses, like it’s a new experience. Middle boy walks pigeon toed. He also has something different about his eyes. The youngest boy and one girl look like twins, even though I know the parents stated none are twins in a comment to a picture. The oldest boy looks like - in my opinion - he has a profound intellectual and/or mental disability. Don’t ask what it looks like. Just my thoughts.

Something is there. Maybe years of abuse as they say here? In this report they are stating the oldest, the 29 year old, has the body of an underdeveloped 15 year old! https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/doctors-speak-abc-news-siblings-233321898.html

Facebook page has gone. Photos disappeared one by one as I was looking at them. Poof.

Whoa. Bail? Did they make bail? or did they talk to someone and give them the passwords to make changes?

Bankruptcy stays on your credit report 7 years for chap 13 and 10 years for chap 7 AFAIK. I also didn’t see the current house of horrors listed on the bankruptcy docs so I don’t think they had this mortgage when they filed.

I'm not sure that is the case now. I will investigate this further. I think personal bankruptcy rules have changed - it may be state by state though.

About the previous place in Rio Vista, Texas where they once lived.

"She never allowed her children to go outside and play"

"Inside the home, the new owner said she found something unusual. “There are two vents in the closet, and they are covered up now," she said.

Inside the master bedroom closet, there were vents. She wonders if the couple's children were locked in the closet."

I have been following different threads on WebSleuths for years and this case has been the one to bring me to register. I MUST participate in this discussion. It's too disturbing to let this one go without a further look.
I've been fascinated with this case since the news broke here in Australia.

Request: I've seen a few people here mention that the 17-year-old escapee who alerted LE, took photographs with the phone before she ran. Can anyone please provide me with a source for this info (not the photographs) as I haven't read any further details in regards to that.

I am younger than a few of these victims and I cannot comprehend what suffering they have been through. Last night I went to bed feeling distraught but so, so grateful for my upbringing and safety. It may not have been perfect but it was not this.

Here is one of the links: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/us/california-turpin-13-siblings-held-captive/index.html

I know, right? The fashion alone is all over the map. Mom's wedding dress: modern day, but for a much younger woman in a non-conservative household. Dad and boys: 1960s Beatniks. Girls: 1970s twins from the Shining, but some get stripper heels (??) and some are wearing Mary Janes!

The mixed-up fashion reminds me of when long-term prisoners like the Manson girls dress up for interviews or parole hearings and their outfits seem carefully chosen but odd - they are isolated from society, so they learn about fashion from TV and magazines, resulting in a mash-up of styles. Imagine if you got your fashion advice from watching re-runs of the Brady Bunch and Dynasty in between today's TV shows, and then you get to pick one outfit a year.

There's no sign that the mother had any social network or close friends, so she lives in her own dream world where the ideal man looks like some 1970s British pop star and little girls wear long skirts with sashes, while the heroine wears the latest romantic gown for her wedding day.

Pure speculation ahead***
Reading that some of the kids tried to memorize the whole Bible really sets me off. This reminds me of my own family and background. It goes beyond brainwashing. Brainwashing assumes you had regular thinking at one point and then were manipulated into changing your thinking. But if you're born into that type of mindset and taught it from birth you have no other reference to go on. It is everything and it is normal. Them trying to memorize the whole Bible makes me think they were trying desperately to gain parental approval and to please God. Probably they complied with everything the parents did out of the ' honor your father' mentality in which you don't question your father's ( or mother's) motives. You just do as your told because displeasing a parent means displeasing God and that is a fast track to hell. I would even guess that some of these older children are probably terrified that one got out and found help and now they are in a very precarious place with their salvation and future. They are now ' free' in the world but if they've been taught that the world is bad and only their family and their religion is good enough then they may not want to be free in the world. There are countless forums online for survivors of these types of religious teachings because the psychological scarring is deep and permanent. Even without being chained or starved, it can be abusive. You can run away and leave the family and start over in a new place, but you can never get away from the teaching.
Again this is speculative*** but I'd bet money on it being very near the truth...... a lot of money.
This ‘religion’ angers me beyond words. Lost my Granddaughters to this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne