CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most states require homeschooled children to be tested or evaluated yearly (we test and submit scores and a notice of intent to the city yearly in VA) and most children who are homeschooled attend outside groups, classes, etc.. IME the very vast majority of homeschooling parents do so in the best interest of their children. Those who are not doing it for their children’s best interests would absolutely go 100% off-grid with their kids and be even harder to find if homeschooling wasn’t an option. Honestly I’m pretty surprised that these parents were complying with homeschooling laws in their state.

That is your state. Many states don't even require notice of intent.
Homeschool_map.jpg

The Unplanned Homeschooler_ How to withdraw from public school

In the article I just posted the doctors stated they were most worried about the eldest who appeared about 13-14.

"The adults siblings are currently in stable condition but have not been medically cleared to be discharged from the hospital. They are being kept together in the same unit in an attempt to recreate a family environment as they undergo physical, psychiatric, cognitive and medical evaluations by a team of doctors in the coming days.

Hospital staff are most concerned about the eldest child, a 29-year-old woman who Uffer mistook as about 13 to 14 years old, he said.

Kamalpour and Uffer hope that with the a good environment that includes "appropriate" nourishment, physical activity and social interaction, all of the siblings will eventually be able to live a normal life. Hospital staff are currently coordinating with adult protective services to determine how to achieve that, emphasizing that there is "no rush to push them out the door," Uffer said."

My devout religious friend decided to keep her boy from the ‘evils’ of society and decided to teach him home school so she could teach him the biblical way.....by the time he was 14 years old he had hair waist length because she said during prayer her bible fell open at some section speaking of Samson(?) having the strength in his hair, she said it was a sign. Go figure, anyway by the time he was of age he decided to venture from her, cut his hair and found his new wife, has had a child now and is estranged from his mum. She’s seriously upset and doesn’t understand why he doesn’t want much contact with her.
I’m sure he wasn’t chained to the furniture, that’s seriously nuts!
Is the waist length hair as crazy as those boys bowl cuts? :thinking: :dunno:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we know if all the kids are still being treated? I keep thinking about the older children... they're over 18 so technically "adults" by legal definition. I wonder who will help them as they are allowed to leave the hospitals.

I’m also concerned about the transition as well. I’m hoping they are not shown the hospital doors saying ‘go forth and multiply’.

So LT's parents both died in 2016. When was the most recent vow renewal ceremony? I think whoever brought up hoarding children like hoarding animals, has hit the nail on the head. And hoarders often get worse after a significant life event like the death of a parent.

And I have this sneaking suspicion that they didn't actually "take the kids to Disneyland". I think they took them to there, dressed them all in new clothes, took some photos and posted them on their publicly-viewable joint facebook account. To me that sounds like paranoid behaviour. Somebody else mentioned maybe the parents went to Disneyland but the kids didn't - yeah, maybe they were chained up for weeks at a time while parents went on holiday. I wonder if an older child was made to care for the younger ones during this time. I am very curious about the older girl seen driving one of the cars.

I think there are going to be a lot more shocking revelations in this case. I think the surface has barely been scratched.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I homeschooled my kids all the way through high school - and we are familiar with loads of other families who are homeschooling as well. I would say the answer to the question "How would we even know if there is abuse in homeschooling families" is simply, "normal" homeschooling families have their kids out and about - we are big (BIG) on life experiences, being out there with a full range of exposure across generations (so visiting nursing homes, elderly neighbors, as well as interacting with other "littles" at the park). Yes, there ARE the crazy families out there, but I would say generally speaking, you expect to see homeschooled kids out and about - going to the park or Y or just out on their bikes for exercise or playing outside, lots of time at the library or local museums, doing real-life stuff with the parents. The first clue that this is a "crazy homeschool family" would be that you DON'T see them piling into the mini-van and coming home with book bags from the library; you just don't see them. And yeah, some of us homeschooling families keep strange hours (we are all up reading late at night and starting school later in the morning, for example), but you wouldn't normally see little kids outside working in the yard late at night. Oh, another clue:maybe you see the families together where the kids are silently following the parents in a row without good eye contact between the parent and kids - perhaps that is the way a mother of multiple children manages to go to the store, but usually there is loads of interaction seen between the parent and the kids. For our family, even if we had a start and stop time for classes (recorded in a book in case anyone ever wanted to know) the general thought is that learning / home education is a lifestyle and we are interacting with our kids all day long / all evening...it's a way of life.

I hope this teaches us all to be more aware of what is happening in our neighborhoods, and if we do see something that seems odd to us, stop and think...esp if it is an on-going thing - NOT saying at all that we call 911 on any parenting situation we see that looks "off" but we do be aware if there is something that seems odd consistently. Does that make sense?

I’m also concerned about the transition as well. I’m hoping they are not shown the hospital doors saying ‘go forth and multiply’.

IMO, I doubt any of the children are equipped to live on their own. I think with time, love, and demonstration, they'll learn to their ability. I pray their ability hasn't been permanently affected by their abuse. It's possible they were required to do some chores, but I'm thinking not enough was learned to be independent. Afterall, it appears keeping them dependent was part of whatever plan this couple had.

"They told ABC News that the children were given "very strict home-schooling" and they would memorise long passages of the Bible, with some striving to memorise it in its entirety.

The grandparents last saw the family about five years ago when they visited them in California, saying the children "looked thin" at the time but the Turpins seemed like a "happy family".

Since then they had kept in touch with their son by phone, but they had not spoken to their grandchildren because their parents would often call when they weren't with the kids, they said."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christian-couple-who-starved-held-11859360

"Neighbours have said the children appeared "afraid" and some were seen digging for food in rubbish bins."

Snip

"Neighbours told CBS2 News that they saw some of the children digging for food in rubbish bins, and picking up trash around the family's home.

They said the children were shy and pale, but did not appear to be in poor health."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/

Ummmm...I think if I saw my neighbors' kids digging in the trash for food, I think I would call someone.

"Neighbours have said the children appeared "afraid" and some were seen digging for food in rubbish bins."

Snip

"Neighbours told CBS2 News that they saw some of the children digging for food in rubbish bins, and picking up trash around the family's home.

They said the children were shy and pale, but did not appear to be in poor health."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/

Ummmm...I think if I saw my neighbors' kids digging in the trash for food, I think I would call someone.

And no one thought to call authorities!!!
This is what I was saying yesterday...they had to be on someone's radar. I tried saying that responsibility also lies with a community, if they see something not right they should report it. Now we know that neighbours are saying things from when they lived in Texas. Of course people may not have known the extent, but they knew something was up!

Her dress from 1 and 3 are the same.
Very disturbing and saddening watching the awkwardness in these videos.

Awkward indeed, makes me so sad. These kids do seem happy at this moment (??), moo...

Did you guys notice in the "Don't be Cruel" video the girls' voices sound really high? Maybe its just me but they practically sound like toddlers...

"It seemed the mother was perplexed as to why we were at that residence," Fellows said."

Snip

"Hospital officials say*the siblings appear to be friendly and cooperative and hopeful their lives will now get better.

"They are stable, they are being fed," said Mark Uffer, CEO of Corona Regional Medical Center. "They are in a very safe and secure environment.""

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...usation-tortured-starved-children/1035301001/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth