CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With a heavy heart after reading every post in these threads, I want to say my reaction to this, like many of yours, has been absolutely visceral - along the lines of my reaction many years ago as a child when I learned of the WW2 concentration camps.

A little while ago, with a thumping heart and tears in my eyes, I prepared a modest meal for myself and consumed it with humble gratitude for food and freedom.

WS has in the past inspired me to donate to the SPCA and to a women's refuge.
I'll be making a donation to a child-protection/family assistance charity in my country very soon.

It depends on how much body fat the woman has.
"If your body is chronically malnourished or overexercised, you can't menstruate, since a minimum of 22 percent body fat is necessary for normal ovulation and reproductive competence."
Above from here: https://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/fertility/boost/8-surprising-facts-about-fertility/

Thanks for sharing.
This is so interesting and I never knew this when we were trying to conceive many years ago.

I have to wonder if it would have helped us if we had known. I also wonder if it would help other couples trying to conceive that they may need to gain some extra weight while trying.

Its fascinating and makes so much sense. Thanks

Siblings planning their escape for two years according to that Daily mail link. Officer said there may have been a trigger. What happened in that house two years ago? Baby was born. Hate thinking it, but I wonder if the baby is the connection
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5285723/House-horrors-parents-kept-children-night.html

The Officer was referring to a trigger that might have happened recently.

There is speculation that the evil ones where planning to leave town soon....

Someone mentioned DT looked like he was on the autistic spectrum and I agree. Socially awkward but clearly super intellectual. Spectrum traits are more commonly passed to boys too which might explain the boys looking even more awkward. Would also explain the coordination issues.

Traits often emerge at 2yo which might also explain LT’s turn of feelings as the kids get older.

I’m in no way justifying anything, just theorising. I have met plenty of autistic adults that don’t abuse their kids.

You're talking about what could have happened on Earth 2 in a different universe where the past 30 years didn't happen. I'm saying, as LE has said in this very case, that people should call in their concerns to LE when they see situations that look like abuse. Mandatory Reporters have a mandatory reporting duty, but that's often through CPS - my mother is a mandatory reporter and in addition to filing her required reports will often make an informal report to a police officer she knows in extreme cases. Calling the police for a welfare check is an immediate step that happens that minute. These abuse cases happen just as often with public and private school children. The responsibility to stop it starts with the parents, continues with the extended family, and extends to the community. No one likes this answer because then we must blame ourselves instead of state agencies, but people make changes, not bureaucracies.

We can agree to disagree. If those monsters knew they had to send their kids to school every day to actually be a part of society, there is literally no way they could hogtie them for extended periods of time or leave them tied up to defecate themselves for days. Or only allow the kids to shower twice a YEAR. Because that’s not socially acceptable. And people would notice. Because if the kids were in the school system, the parents would not have the opportunity to hide such horrific behavior. The parents would know people were watching. But instead, they were allowed to quietly imprison their children under the guise of homeschooling them.

We can agree to disagree. If those monsters knew they had to send their kids to school every day to actually be a part of society, there is literally no way they could hogtie them for extended periods of time or leave them tied up to defecate themselves for days. Or only allow the kids to shower twice a YEAR. Because that’s not socially acceptable. And people would notice. Because if the kids were in the school system, the parents would not have the opportunity to hide such horrific behavior. The parents would know people were watching. But instead, they were allowed to quietly imprison their children under the guise of homeschooling them.

Homeschool parents should have the same background check and mandated reporter requirements as parents. FFS in PA parents have to have three background checks to chaperone a field trip with their kids.

These sweet children will need this and much more.
I’m hoping they stay together so in that case they will need a home with 13 bedrooms, many bathrooms, commercial kitchen and PROFESSIONAL carers 24/7 to help then mentally, physically and emotionally. Oh & throw in a 24/7 cook all in house for the start before being introduced into normal life.

The government can achieve this for them I’m sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two houses side by side would be great. One for the adult kids who can be independent and take care of themselves, and another for the younger ones with several nannies. I deliberately refrain from using the words housemother, grandmother, auntie, granny, housedad, foster parents.... Everyone with a family name abandoned them years ago.

Radar has some photos from the forensic examination of house.

For those asking about shelves in garage:

"Their garage included floor-to-ceiling collections of DVDs that were alphabetically ordered."

Look at all those Target bags.
68772b91dfe2a3d5b11f70d24363258f.jpg
5aca3ec1de232e4f0518a36c483bd7f5.jpg
9c151d0d20f385e23279e351e62572f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am sensing OCD--alphabetically ordered DVDs and those bags. I wonder were they found all sorted like that or did investigators do that to catalogue them? Wonder what's inside.

Bizzarro that the parents were sentencing themselves to life in a stinking hole of a house. Even if the Mom and Dad areas were pristine (which I doubt), the whole house had to smell.

Thanks for sharing.
This is so interesting and I never knew this when we were trying to conceive many years ago.

I have to wonder if it would have helped us if we had known. I also wonder if it would help other couples trying to conceive that they may need to gain some extra weight while trying.

Its fascinating and makes so much sense. Thanks

Nancy Kerrigan had problems conceiving and even losing several pregnancies which made me wonder if all the skating, training and dieting caused her problems. I guess it's natures way of correcting a balance a woman needs if they are to carrying a child to term. Your body needs that fat for energy, I even lost weight with my second son. I only gained 7 pounds and he weighed almost 8 pounds plus the planceta and extra blood is another 2 pounds. Of course I gained that all back in no time flat after he was born.

I love that these survivors were found alive. As bad as it was, it could have been so. much. worse. I love that they'll have each other, and they don't have to mourn and grieve any siblings that didn't make it. As horrible an existence as they've had, there really is a lot to be hopeful for.

I have often though about the plight of children who are not victims of stranger abductions, such as Jaycee Duggard, but are just as mistreated by their own families and have so little support as adults. Those that are never found and saved...No loved one's with which to be "reunited ... there will be no press coverage about their ordeal, no public outpouring of support... They have to forage through life as adults, often being re-victimized by incompetent therapists, and their own Achilles heals ...

So many wounded people that we will never discuss on Webslueths, or hear about anywhere. So many harsh judgement will likely fall apon these invisible victims that walk among us every day.

These children were, in a sense, very fortunet, that they were rescued, and never had to just try to make their way in this judgmental world, broken, confused and hurting. So many child abuse victims just have to escape as adults and try to deal with it on their own, often with limited access to competent assistance. ( if any).

Right here in this thread, I see the beauty and salvation we have to offer one another. Why stop with those who get press coverage? Keep your eyes and hearts open to those who might be right next to you ,who might be struggling survivors, yet invisible. Reach out if you feel moved, to ask someone "How are you?" ... You never know what a difference you could make.

I've been lurking on Websleuths for years and finally thought it was time to make an account. This case is absolutely horrendous - I hope the children get all the help they possibly can and the "parents" are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I am sensing OCD--alphabetically ordered DVDs and those bags. I wonder were they found all sorted like that or did investigators do that to catalogue them? Wonder what's inside.

Bizzarro that the parents were sentencing themselves to life in a stinking hole of a house. Even if the Mom and Dad areas were pristine (which I doubt), the whole house had to smell.

Who the heck watches DVDs anymore? And I thought the Target bags had trash or poop in them. What is in them??

Even if the Mom and Dad areas were pristine (which I doubt), the whole house had to smell.

RSBM I believe reports were the house did smell and investigators had to open windows to air out the house while they were going through things.

One of the DMs captions on a pic of the mom said hers were not shown in the pics, insinuating she had shackles as well. So I don’t think it’s bc he acted out. It is probably standard.
This is one of those times when I wish the punishment really could fit the crime - that they be shackled in their own waste for weeks, hog tied, never given enough food to make them full, taunted with pies, no television, no entertainment, no outside contact, etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nancy Kerrigan had problems conceiving and even losing several pregnancies which made me wonder if all the skating, training and dieting caused her problems. I guess it's natures way of correcting a balance a woman needs if they are to carrying a child to term. Your body needs that fat for energy, I even lost weight with my second son. I only gained 7 pounds and he weighed almost 8 pounds plus the planceta and extra blood is another 2 pounds. Of course I gained that all back in no time flat after he was born.

Hi Dizzychick!!!!! I remember you from Caylee Anthony!!!! Haven't posted this much since then!

I think it's a long while before they can do this, because it would make them very ill. Evidently, that's what happens when you try to refuel a severely malnourished person. I think something was mentioned about this in the presser.
It would kill me to be one of their caretakers now and not be able to feed them pie and whatever they want yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Homeschool parents should have the same background check and mandated reporter requirements as parents. FFS in PA parents have to have three background checks to chaperone a field trip with their kids.

How is homeschooling not more regulated? These kids didn’t even know what a police officer is. Obviously they weren’t being instructed (understatement of the year). Idk, I’ve been into a few cases lately where homeschooling is a theme. I never really had a reason to think about homeschooling before. Homeschooling isn’t really a thing where I live. So it wasn’t something I thought about until recently. But it just keeps popping up. And this is not to say all homeschooling parents are abusers by any means. But boy does it seem to give abusers easy access.

I think it's a long while before they can do this, because it would make them very ill. Evidently, that's what happens when you try to refuel a severely malnourished person. I think something was mentioned about this in the presser.

I’d DVR’d the NBC Nightly News this evening and just watched it a few minutes ago. Here’s a quote from that broadcast about the Turpin children. .

“The victims are so weak that they’re receiving antibiotics, nutrition by IV.
So malnourished, they could still go into shock.
The Turpin’s 29 year old daughter, weighed just 82 pounds.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members