CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people are homeschooled and they aren't being abused.
Yes, it's a lot easier to abuse kids if they're being homeschooled, but plenty of kids that are in the public school system are abused as well.
Now obviously, the Turpins weren't homeschooling and were just using it as an easy way to abuse the kids.

My brother who is almost 6 is homeschooled. The reason why? He's intellectually above other kids his age. He'd be bored stiff in school if he were to be enrolled in the schools here.

I do agree that there should be more home checks and regulations on homeschools. There would probably be less cases like this and others on WS if this happened.

They must have been home schooling to some extent though. If the children were writing in journals, they knew how to read and write----and the oldest son attended college.

It is possible to get your period with less than 22% body fat. I did not achieve that until college (I remember not weighing enough in my health class), and I got my period regularly when I was in 4th grade. I was very tiny and underweight.

Yes, but you were probably eating food on a regular basis and getting the required protiens your body needs to menstruate. Our bodies are finely tuned machines and need the right amount of everything to function properly. The Turpin girls would not have had enough protein in their bodies.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/can-not-having-enough-protein-diet-cause-miss-period-12031.html

They must have been home schooling to some extent though. If the children were writing in journals, they knew how to read and write----and the oldest son attended college.

It's possible the older kids were homeschooled (at least for some period of time) and the younger ones weren't. Did all the kids have journals or just the older ones?

IMO

I have only read up to almost the end of Thread #2 and I don't know if this has been posted before and answered..BUT these are Questions that have been going through my head...

http://www.fox4news.com/news/couple-accused-of-chaining-up-13-children-lived-in-north-texas

#1 Their Neighbors in Texas said the Abruptly left their home in 2010 leaving things behind?!!! Why would a family so large with pigs just pick up and leave like that?

#2 They had a pigs that ate 55 pounds of the neighbors dog food?? If this is true this means the pigs were not being fed either and this was 2010.So did it start with not feeding the animals and it escalate to not feeding the kids.. or were the kids not being fed at the same time? Did they have more animals and were the animals treated and abused like or even worse than the children?? What happened to the animals when the family abruptly left. How many pigs did they have and for what reason? I believe there also was animal abuse going on there.

#3 One of the girls was bitten by a dog?? Whose dog was it? and what happened to that dog? Did the dog bite the girl because the girl had food at the time and the dog was being starved and it was just hungry?

#4 They had a farm in 1999 the lost in foreclosure(I read this in Thread#2) Did this farm have animals that they did not feed also? And if so what became of those animals?

#5 They mention 4 sons in the bankruptcy statements in 2011(I read this info Thread#2) Who is this Mystery son that has not appeared in any of the family photos? Was he left behind in the backyard of one of these houses they kept leaving behind when they moved?? Are there other kids that have not been accounted for in the past?

#6 They also mention being a family of 15 in 2011 in the bankruptcy papers.(I read this info in Thread #2) This was BEFORE being a family of 15 now with the Birth of the baby 2 years ago

#7 There are 2 dog /cat Bowls that are clearly seen in the backyard of the house the family has recently been removed from.. Has anyone reported they found a dog or cat in the house or outside or is that animal dead from starvation somewhere in or around the house?.. IMO David and Louise Turpin should also be looked into animal abuse... Just My thoughts... People don't just have a dog/cat water and food bowls placed at there back door for no reason. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/aa2fe4ee2e7bc92b639b816a4e7ca5f2

Notice the dog bowls are still therecache[1].jpg

So the routine was that they would be chained up at daybreak so they could sleep away the daylight hours. The 17yo escaped at around 6am (?) so she had identified a crack in the routine when her parents were busy chaining up the other kids so she probably only had minutes to escape.
Was the father still working? How did he manage to bring in an income if he was up all night with the kids?
Also the police have pinpointed 2010 as the start of the abuse. That's when the kids were housed separately from the parents, so that's probably not when the abuse started but when the kids recognized it as abuse.
I hope the guy who served Louise her slice of pizza testifies in court, and I hope Elvis from comes to visit the kids while they are recovering. I'm getting a bit sick of the neighbours and family saying "We saw this and this, but didn't pick up on any red flags." But Elvis was so lovely with the kids, I think he is one person who could genuinely say to them, "I wish I'd known."
There's a fitting punishment for Louise - make her sit and watch videos of Elvis singing "Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock" to her daughters who will look healthy and glowing and free.

Lots of people are homeschooled and they aren't being abused.
Yes, it's a lot easier to abuse kids if they're being homeschooled, but plenty of kids that are in the public school system are abused as well.
Now obviously, the Turpins weren't homeschooling and were just using it as an easy way to abuse the kids.

My brother who is almost 6 is homeschooled. The reason why? He's intellectually above other kids his age. He'd be bored stiff in school if he were to be enrolled in the schools here.

I do agree that there should be more home checks and regulations on homeschools. There would probably be less cases like this and others on WS if this happened.

Yes I’ve stated many times that there are lots of legit parents homeschooling their kids. But the bad apples are the ones who are making headlines. It’s an easy out for abusers and I think that homeschooling parents should have to meet certain requirements and be checked in on. Hell, where I live, public school teachers get observed throughout the year. I think the same should go in any educational setting. And obviously legit homeschooling parents would have no problem with that. It’s the creeps who would have an issue.

It’s a shame that there aren’t more options for your brother where you live, such as skipping a grade or two, or going into a gifted program.

I hope and pray these "children" are all being taken care of. The 29-year-old daughter only weighed 82-pounds.

I have only read up to almost the end of Thread #2 and I don't know if this has been posted before and answered..BUT these are Questions that have been going through my head...

http://www.fox4news.com/news/couple-accused-of-chaining-up-13-children-lived-in-north-texas

#1 Their Neighbors in Texas said the Abruptly left their home in 2010 leaving things behind?!!! Why would a family so large with pigs just pick up and leave like that?

#2 They had a pigs that ate 55 pounds of the neighbors dog food?? If this is true this means the pigs were not being fed either and this was 2010.. Did they have more animals and were the animals treated and abused like or even worse than the children?? What happened to the animals when the family abruptly left. How many pigs did they have and for what reason? I believe there also was animal abuse going on there.

#3 One of the girls was bitten by a dog?? Whose dog was it? and what happened to that dog?

#4 They had a farm in 1999 the lost in foreclosure(I read this in Thread#2) Did this farm have animals that they did not feed also?

#5 They mention 4 sons in the bankruptcy statements in 2011 Who is this Mystery son that has not appeared in any of the family photos? Was he left behind in the backyard of one of these houses they kept leaving behind?? Are there other kids that have not been accounted for in the past?

#6 They also mention being a family of 15 in 2011.(I read this info in Thread #2) This was BEFORE being a family of 15 now with the Birth of the baby 2 years ago

#7 There are 2 dog /cat Bowls that are clearly seen in the backyard of the house of the house the family has recently been removed from.. Has anyone reported they found a dog or cat in the house or outside or is that animal dead from starvation somewhere in or around the house?.. IMO David and Louise Turpin should also be looked into animal abuse... Just My thoughts... People don't just have a dog/cat water and food bowls placed at there back door for no reason. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/aa2fe4ee2e7bc92b639b816a4e7ca5f2

I'll try to answer some of these!
1) DT and LT probably figured out that people were suspecting something very fishy was going on, so they left before they could be arrested or CPS came.

3) It was a border collie and it ended up being put down.

5) I think the 4 sons was a typo. One of the female children is named Jordan and whoever entered the info into the database assumed it was a male and listed it as such.

IMO

The NBC news at 6:00pm in Los Angeles said that a classmate remembers the Turpin boy who attended college classes with him. It was stated that they knew something wasn't right. The Turpin boy was very thin and never wore shoes. He only wore flip-flops.

It's hard to run in flip flops.

On my phone & can't post the link, but KESQ.com (a local Texas site) has an article with details I haven't read before.

The neighbor whose kids sometimes played with several of the girls said everything seemed normal enough at first, that the "parents" had even given them a thank you gift (doesn't say for what).

What she connects with the abrupt cessation of any further contact is that she asked one of the girls she wasn't familiar with what her name was, and was told by the girl that they weren't allowed to answer that question. Boom. End of any contact, much less of the kids getting together to play.

The article also quotes the buyer of the monsters' second Texas house. She said they found broken, boarded up windows, feces spread on the walls of most of the rooms, and many cans of vienna sausages, which in retrospect made her wonder if that's all the children were fed.

With a heavy heart after reading every post in these threads, I want to say my reaction to this, like many of yours, has been absolutely visceral - along the lines of my reaction many years ago as a child when I learned of the WW2 concentration camps.

A little while ago, with a thumping heart and tears in my eyes, I prepared a modest meal for myself and consumed it with humble gratitude for food and freedom.

WS has in the past inspired me to donate to the SPCA and to a women's refuge.
I'll be making a donation to a child-protection/family assistance charity in my country very soon.

Beautiful and poignant post, Corina. Yes, me too, I felt the same tonight with humble gratitude for my supper.

I am heartened to know that there is this foundation set up specifically for these siblings. The outpouring is huge. They need all the love and support they can get.

http://www.ruhealth.org/en-us/foundation/donate/Pages/PerrisSiblingSupportFund.

I am flattened tonight.

With each new revelation in the news I can't stop crying. Oh my goodness, these sweet, beautiful kids!!!

I might not be able to wrap my brain around it except for all the pictures... It makes these children so much more real. And we know who #8 is... We WSers applaud and love her!!! In my own shock at reading this story, I just breakdown. This child, these swaying, awkward, sweet kids at the Elvis chapel wedding!!!

May the universe shine its light on these children and protect them forever.

I'm new. Just discovered this fine community behind this horrorshow story from Perris and decided to join. I need to hear and see what other people think about this.

Some thoughts:
-On the male suspect being Autism Spectrum. Very possible. I understand that isn't unusual among engineers, particularly in the aircraft/defense industries. I went through a situation with a girlfriend's ex husband who had Aspberger's. He was an engineer, very socially awkward but good with numbers, who kidnapped and raped her daughter after a psychotic breakdown. I'll tell the story sometime. I am in no way saying Autism is a CAUSE of such things, but I know from experience that people on the spectrum can become obsessive. The presence of other mental problems can be exacerbated by it.

-On the DVD shelf. My guess is that was Dad's hobby and in his OCD they were kept in pristine condition. I'd imagine they were in the garage to keep them out of the filth of the house. And I noticed in at least one photo he was wearing a Darth Vader shirt. I'd assume some of the toys are Star Wars as well. And the collecting was ANOTHER symptom of his OCD.

-One possible reason I can think of for putting the monsters together in one cell would be to attempt to get them to talk to one another. Catch them on surveillance. I'm not sure about the California rules of admissibility of such evidence, however. Thoughts?

-I think one reason the journals were mentioned as a "good source of evidence" was to send a message that, perhaps, they've got such overwhelming information the kids won't have to testify. I certainly hope so.

I live about an hour from Perris and this story has grabbed me. I had a bad childhood, but it was "Leave It To Beaver" compared to this. We can't imagine how this could have happened because we aren't as broken as the monsters are. Which is a good thing. I watched the press conference today with a slack jaw and tears on my cheeks. Doesn't happen to this middle aged man very often. Then this evening I saw that pile of donated goods and read some of your comments and misted over again for a different reason. Sometimes the horror of humanity is almost overwhelming. Then you hear of the GOOD that still exists. And for a moment you get a flicker of hope that maybe after all is said and done we are mostly decent.

Thanks for reading and thanks for having such a decent community here.

So the routine was that they would be chained up at daybreak so they could sleep away the daylight hours. The 17yo escaped at around 6am (?) so she had identified a crack in the routine when her parents were busy chaining up the other kids so she probably only had minutes to escape.
Was the father still working? How did he manage to bring in an income if he was up all night with the kids?
Also the police have pinpointed 2010 as the start of the abuse. That's when the kids were housed separately from the parents, so that's probably not when the abuse started but when the kids recognized it as abuse.
I hope the guy who served Louise her slice of pizza testifies in court, and I hope Elvis from comes to visit the kids while they are recovering. I'm getting a bit sick of the neighbours and family saying "We saw this and this, but didn't pick up on any red flags." But Elvis was so lovely with the kids, I think he is one person who could genuinely say to them, "I wish I'd known."
There's a fitting punishment for Louise - make her sit and watch videos of Elvis singing "Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock" to her daughters who will look healthy and glowing and free.

I didn’t get to watch the press conference but I think it was posted that the dad was working. The sleeping all day and being up at night aligns with the dads paystub being accurate that he worked second shift.

I'll try to answer some of these!
1) DT and LT probably figured out that people were suspecting something very fishy was going on, so they left before they could be arrested or CPS came.

3) It was a border collie and it ended up being put down.

5) I think the 4 sons was a typo. One of the female children is named Jordan and whoever entered the info into the database assumed it was a male and listed it as such.

IMO

&7. two dogs have been surrendered for adoption on the authority of LT, they are both in good health. There was a link put up earlier, ill see if i can find it

I'm new. Just discovered this fine community behind this horrorshow story from Perris and decided to join. I need to hear and see what other people think about this.

Some thoughts:
-On the male suspect being Autism Spectrum. Very possible. I understand that isn't unusual among engineers, particularly in the aircraft/defense industries. I went through a situation with a girlfriend's ex husband who had Aspberger's. He was an engineer, very socially awkward but good with numbers, who kidnapped and raped her daughter after a psychotic breakdown. I'll tell the story sometime. I am in no way saying Autism is a CAUSE of such things, but I know from experience that people on the spectrum can become obsessive. The presence of other mental problems can be exacerbated by it.

-On the DVD shelf. My guess is that was Dad's hobby and in his OCD they were kept in pristine condition. I'd imagine they were in the garage to keep them out of the filth of the house. And I noticed in at least one photo he was wearing a Darth Vader shirt. I'd assume some of the toys are Star Wars as well. And the collecting was ANOTHER symptom of his OCD.

-One possible reason I can think of for putting the monsters together in one cell would be to attempt to get them to talk to one another. Catch them on surveillance. I'm not sure about the California rules of admissibility of such evidence, however. Thoughts?

-I think one reason the journals were mentioned as a "good source of evidence" was to send a message that, perhaps, they've got such overwhelming information the kids won't have to testify. I certainly hope so.

I live about an hour from Perris and this story has grabbed me. I had a bad childhood, but it was "Leave It To Beaver" compared to this. We can't imagine how this could have happened because we aren't as broken as the monsters are. Which is a good thing. I watched the press conference today with a slack jaw and tears on my cheeks. Doesn't happen to this middle aged man very often. Then this evening I saw that pile of donated goods and read some of your comments and misted over again for a different reason. Sometimes the horror of humanity is almost overwhelming. Then you hear of the GOOD that still exists. And for a moment you get a flicker of hope that maybe after all is said and done we are mostly decent.

Thanks for reading and thanks for having such a decent community here.

Great post, thanks for sharing. And welcome

#2 They had a pigs that ate 55 pounds of the neighbors dog food?? If this is true this means the pigs were not being fed either and this was 2010.So did it start with not feeding the animals and it escalate to not feeding the kids.. or were the kids not being fed at the same time? Did they have more animals and were the animals treated and abused like or even worse than the children?? What happened to the animals when the family abruptly left. How many pigs did they have and for what reason? I believe there also was animal abuse going on there.

#3 One of the girls was bitten by a dog?? Whose dog was it? and what happened to that dog?

#4 They had a farm in 1999 the lost in foreclosure(I read this in Thread#2) Did this farm have animals that they did not feed also? and if so what became of those animals?

#5 They mention 4 sons in the bankruptcy statements in 2011(I read this info Thread#2) Who is this Mystery son that has not appeared in any of the family photos? Was he left behind in the backyard of one of these houses they kept leaving behind when they moved?? Are there other kids that have not been accounted for in the past?

#6 They also mention being a family of 15 in 2011.(I read this info in Thread #2) This was BEFORE being a family of 15 now with the Birth of the baby 2 years ago

#7 There are 2 dog /cat Bowls that are clearly seen in the backyard of the house of the house the family has recently been removed from.. Has anyone reported they found a dog or cat in the house or outside or is that animal dead from starvation somewhere in or around the house?.. IMO David and Louise Turpin should also be looked into animal abuse... Just My thoughts... People don't just have a dog/cat water and food bowls placed at there back door for no reason. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/aa2fe4ee2e7bc92b639b816a4e7ca5f2

https://twitter.com/pressenterprise/status/953845986496995328

Louise Turpin of Perris, who was arrested on suspicion of torture and child neglect on Jan. 14, 2018, released two Maltese mixes to Perris Animal Control, city spokesman Joe Vargo said.
He said both are approximately 1-year-old female Maltese mixes; one is black and one is white. Both dogs are available for adoption at the Public Works Yard, 1015 South G St., Vargo said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to run in flip flops.

You know, i didnt post anything because i didnt know if it was just me, because i would be in agony, but in one of the disney pictures they've all just got rubber flip flops on and i thought how hard it must be to walk round all day and stand queuing in them.

when ive been to disney, my feet have been wrecked at the end of the day.

It’s been a very long day. I cried through the presser, stuck around for the arraignment, expressed my feelings, suppressed my feelings and tried to move on. On that note, I’m going to pour myself a very large glass of wine, Oh wait, I already did that. I’m now going to turn on Netflix and instead of my usual murder mysteries, I’ll be checking out what my 5 year old granddaughter watched when she was here that caused so many giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest