CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s unfortunate that your school system is lacking. It’s a shame when teachers don’t put the needs of their students first. I’m also sorry you’re taking my posts so personally. You’ve had your experiences, and I’ve had mine. I didn’t intend to upset you. My apologies.

No problem :)
You never upset me at all!
Homeschooling is always a hot topic, and because I was homeschooled (grade 7 and most of 8), and my brother is currently homeschooled, I just like to explain my POV.
It's really not as bad as people say.

I’m curious too. Where I live, you pay taxes regardless if you have kids in the school system or not.

Edit - I meant to say you pay the *same* taxes whether or not you have kids in the school system

That's how it is everywhere- your property taxes are based on the value of your property, and a set percentage goes to the public schools. (Also why, unfairly IMO, schools in wealthy areas are always much better than in impoverished ones). However, I think OP means that the school gets certain grants and awards from the state/feds based on enrollment. So if enrollment drops significantly, fewer students would be in the school and less funding would be awarded. But this is on top of property taxes that are the major funder of schools.

This is always an issue in wealthy areas with high property values but an older population because the primary taxpayers are no longer using the resource they're paying into. You hear way more complaining about it from the AARP crowd than homeschoolers. Homeschoolers argue that they pay twice, so they should be entitled to a deduction on their income taxes (which don't go to the school anyway) since they pay for school once through property taxes and then twice for homeschooling expenses.

'House of Horrors' parents plead NOT GUILTY to abusing their 13 children as it's revealed the starved siblings were forced to stay awake all night in squalid home - and heroic daughter, 17, who raised the alarm planned her escape for TWO YEARS
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-parents-kept-children-night.html?mrn_rm=rta

This gets more and more disturbing. David Turpin looks like a creep. I wonder what kind of childhood David and Louise Turpin had.

I could see David Turpin as a psychopath. Louise Turpin is a willing accomplice.

That's fine. It really doesn't matter which is best in terms of this case. The conversation should be about what kinds of oversight can be implemented to prevent kids from literally being tortured without anyone ever having to see them outside the house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you google homeschooling right now, the news articles that pop up are about the concern of kids slipping thru the cracks. This is an issue. Yes, many parents homeschool successfully. Said parents aren’t the problem. The ones who use homeschooling as a guise to be able to abuse their kids, that’s where the issue is. We will never know the true statistics because (god forbid, but unfortunately possible if not likely imo) there can be many more children who suffered like the turpins.

https://twitter.com/pressenterprise/status/953845986496995328

Louise Turpin of Perris, who was arrested on suspicion of torture and child neglect on Jan. 14, 2018, released two Maltese mixes to Perris Animal Control, city spokesman Joe Vargo said.
He said both are approximately 1-year-old female Maltese mixes; one is black and one is white. Both dogs are available for adoption at the Public Works Yard, 1015 South G St., Vargo said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osu thank you for the link!.. I wish the dogs photos where a little clearer the black one looks like it could have eye infection.. the eyes don't look right the pink swollen stuff around the eyes is not normal.. they do look a bit thin also.. its harder to tell with dogs that have longer hair as it hides their body.. It would be interesting to know if a vet will check them out and what they actually say about it..

I also have worked out an age chart. I got the younger siblings from the school records in Ca. going off of their grade level, and what students in that grade level would typically be, and then comparing that to the media reports and other evidence folks have dug up. This is what I have:
#1 female 29 years
#2 male 25-26 years
#3 female 24 years
#4 male 22 years
#5 female 20 years
#6 female 19 years
#7 female 18 years
#8 female shero grade 11 17 years
#9 male grade 10 15-16 years
#10 female grade 9 14 years
#11 female grade 7 12-13 years
#12 female grade 6 11 years
#13 2 years old

That's fine. It really doesn't matter which is best in terms of this case. The conversation should be about what kinds of oversight can be implemented to prevent kids from literally being tortured without anyone ever having to see them outside the house.

Same with the district my sons were in, seem to be a mis perception about homeschooling, as opposed to kids who just vanish from society. Seriously, I want to know why Pediatrician practices don't fall under the same scrutiny. Where is the testimony from the Dr's that ever birthed/ treated these people?

My kids participate in Lego Club, Scouts, Dance, Piano, Book Clubs, Geography Clubs, STEM class, Art, and various other activities..so the “socialization” argument is definitely moot in our case. Homeschooling is not the issue here. Cruel parents who abuse their children are.

I have only read up to almost the end of Thread #2 and I don't know if this has been posted before and answered..BUT these are Questions that have been going through my head...

http://www.fox4news.com/news/couple-accused-of-chaining-up-13-children-lived-in-north-texas

#1 Their Neighbors in Texas said the Abruptly left their home in 2010 leaving things behind?!!! Why would a family so large with pigs just pick up and leave like that?

#2 They had a pigs that ate 55 pounds of the neighbors dog food?? If this is true this means the pigs were not being fed either and this was 2010.So did it start with not feeding the animals and it escalate to not feeding the kids.. or were the kids not being fed at the same time? Did they have more animals and were the animals treated and abused like or even worse than the children?? What happened to the animals when the family abruptly left. How many pigs did they have and for what reason? I believe there also was animal abuse going on there.

#3 One of the girls was bitten by a dog?? Whose dog was it? and what happened to that dog? Did the dog bite the girl because the girl had food at the time and the dog was being starved and it was just hungry?

#4 They had a farm in 1999 the lost in foreclosure(I read this in Thread#2) Did this farm have animals that they did not feed also? And if so what became of those animals?

#5 They mention 4 sons in the bankruptcy statements in 2011(I read this info Thread#2) Who is this Mystery son that has not appeared in any of the family photos? Was he left behind in the backyard of one of these houses they kept leaving behind when they moved?? Are there other kids that have not been accounted for in the past?

#6 They also mention being a family of 15 in 2011 in the bankruptcy papers.(I read this info in Thread #2) This was BEFORE being a family of 15 now with the Birth of the baby 2 years ago

#7 There are 2 dog /cat Bowls that are clearly seen in the backyard of the house the family has recently been removed from.. Has anyone reported they found a dog or cat in the house or outside or is that animal dead from starvation somewhere in or around the house?.. IMO David and Louise Turpin should also be looked into animal abuse... Just My thoughts... People don't just have a dog/cat water and food bowls placed at there back door for no reason. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/aa2fe4ee2e7bc92b639b816a4e7ca5f2

Notice the dog bowls are still thereView attachment 128981

According to the neighbors, they moved not long after they decided their kids could no longer play with the neighbor kid - after the neighbor kid's mom asked too many questions.

The dog who bit the child was put down because it was not up to date on its shots. You usually have the option to quarantine it at your expense at the shelter for 10 days, or have it put down and send the head off for rabies testing if there is no proof of rabies vaccination.

When they left the Texas property the neighbors found two dogs abandoned and locked in the house and a kitten in the dumpster.

And I'm curious what others make of your #6. I do not know.

As far as family involvement, we try, wr text call and plan trips. My Inlaws still have no interest in our family. I do believe the lack of family involvement might be more normal than we think. My love and prayers go out to those kids and adults

I'll see that bet and raise you this: They had to pay to get in the darn park. Why would they not go on any rides. and what would make you think that they didn't? Because you weren't privy to the visual proof? Embellishing the horror is unnecessary imo.

I agreed with KiwiLaura, but i will concede, looking again at the photos, they are actually outside the castle, so yes im sure that you are right, they would have had to have paid an entry fee. Its the lack of casual photos which made me think that.

My understanding is that Federal funding levels are based on the number of enrollees. That's the reason for daily roll call. Of course, that doesn't affect local and state school board taxes one iota. But I believe all states lose the federal funding when children aren't in the seats in a school building.

Thanks. I'm googling now and the most recent I can find so far is that 83 cents on the dollar is from state and local funding and the remaining is federal however that is my initial findings:) I will keep looking.

It’s been a very long day. I cried through the presser, stuck around for the arraignment, expressed my feelings, suppressed my feelings and tried to move on. On that note, I’m going to pour myself a very large glass of wine, Oh wait, I already did that. I’m now going to turn on Netflix and instead of my usual murder mysteries, I’ll be checking out what my 5 year old granddaughter watched when she was here that caused so many giggles.
She was watching My Little Pony, so I’m good with that.

I'll see that bet and raise you this: They had to pay to get in the darn park. Why would they not go on any rides. and what would make you think that they didn't? Because you weren't privy to the visual proof? Embellishing the horror is unnecessary imo.

Maybe they did go on the rides, but from the pictures we've seen, they all appeared to be staged. Most people will take photos of their kids on the rides.

I would hope they did more than just take a few photos here and there...Disneyland isn't cheap! It would be a waste of money to get into the park, take some photos and then leave!

IMO

Nope, I don't see the children missing those torturers.
For TWO YEARS there were plans being made for salvation.
Each child watched the others laying in their own filth or tied to the furniture. And were themselves made to suffer the same.
Love, amongst each other, yes.
The bastards, no.

Agreed. They're probably terrified. And I don;t believe they can feel love for their torturers who tormented them for fun and punished them for nothing.

Remember, they were often punished for MONTHS by being chained to something, for things like washing their wrists.

These poor babies were treated like concentration camp victims.

While I agree with you, regulations are being rolled back as we speak on so many different levels. Many feel like their private lives, their business and corporations shouldn't have to answer to regulations. Then something like this happens:(
This should be a wake up call.

No problem :)
You never upset me at all!
Homeschooling is always a hot topic, and because I was homeschooled (grade 7 and most of 8), and my brother is currently homeschooled, I just like to explain my POV.
It's really not as bad as people say.

It’s not bad when you have good parents by any means. It’s these monsters who are bad. Not people like your parents.

Imagine these children and adults tonight...
Clean, safe, fed, and tucked in with a smile from someone that truly cares that they have a better day tomorrow than they did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cngmac