CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're estranged but he still knows that? How long since he last saw his son?

I feel terrible for their kid. Gah. Imagine that's the legacy your parents leave you.

I notice estrangement is very common for spree killers and terrorists.

There are explosives in the building KTLA

So from the tweet quoted last page Fox is reporting this is a two person crime? So does that mean the brother was innocent or the girlfriend/wife was? Or are they only counting crime as the shooting? If it was really just the couple I am leaning slightly more towards a workplace dispute with some very unstable folks. Just slightly. It really is hard to judge but the fact that witnesses knew exactly who this guy was gets me. This was a college educated guy, married with a kid and a government job. If there were few weapons involved I would be more certain this was a personal dispute rather than terrorism.

I think info from people who worked with the guy and/or were at the party will be very illuminating.

Good lord

KTLA interviewing guy. He met his friend in front of the building where the shooting was . Then the shootout with the car happens in front of HIS house.

He has had a day!

I would take these interviews with a box of salt. One of the news channels was doing an interview with some guy who said he was confronted by one of the shooters near his home, the shooter tried to take his vehicle. As soon as he was pressed by the media on details, he was too upset to answer and would answer any questions. Looking back on the incidents of the day, confirmed by LE and scanner, me thinks he was full of it. JMO

This is from 2014, but this lists mass shootings by country. Scroll down for a chart. Most countries in this list had between 0 to 6 mass shootings between 2000 and 2014. The United States had 133. It does appear for sure that 2015 is worse than years previous. I am not sure how mass shooting was defined in this chart - some researchers define it by the number of victims.

Says I need an account or subscription to view it.

Great. Just great. So ISIS has made its way to America.

And it hasn't done it through refugees, or through lack of bombing Arab countries, or any of the usual political hobby horses. Its arrived in America through the Internet.

So agree its managed by the guy who made the movie "Airplane"

If that does not speak volumes ..................

KTLA is doing a great job!

And it hasn't done it through refugees, or through lack of bombing Arab countries, or any of the usual political hobby horses. Its arrived in America through the Internet.

I think we all have kinda denied but knew it was gonna start here - TSA is farce - they failed 67 out of 70 tests to get stuff through

I notice estrangement is very common for spree killers and terrorists.

estrangement is common with a lot of people. I would agree that it sounds like this guy's dad isn't the best source for info since they have obviously been out of touch for a while.

I think we all have kinda denied but knew it was gonna start here - TSA is farce - they failed 67 out of 70 tests to get stuff through

Exactly, and not to be an alarmist but I have a feeling the way they are going to start attacking us next is where we feel comfortable. Our apartment buildings, our offices, etc. sorry...O/T. Just a huge concern I have.

I read that too.
Apparently they showed up for the party to see if a certain someone was there, and then returned later with their compadres to shoot the place up.
So bizzare.

That to me sounds like someone with possible connections to the event...ex-employee for the county?
One thought I have is that this was a Christmas party and the father of the suspect said he was a devout Muslim. Could he have been attacking a Christian event?

What does the TSA have to do with this? By current accounts, guy graduated from high school in California and was a government employee. He didn't just step off a plane.

SWAT was doing an exercise right near facility ..

I know. If you read the post I quoted, the training was not at the place of the shooting, it was a LE event which was near the training. The OP mixed those two things up and I was clarifying it for them. LE was on the scene quickly because they were doing training near by. Again, the event at the shooting was not reported to be a training event for county workers.

Snip

The suspects were carrying long guns and “dressed and equipped in a way to indicate they were prepared,” San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said. “They came prepared to do what they did, as if they were on a mission,” he said.

A man and a woman wearing combat-style clothing were killed in a gunfight with police on a street lined with homes, police said. Officers detained a third person, but they were still trying to determine if that person was connected to the earlier shooting.

More...http://www.wsj.com/articles/active-shooter-reported-in-southern-california-1449085770

I haven't seen anything to indicate ISIS is behind this. Where are you getting this info?

Terrific you can pick up A 15 in California its legal expert on KTLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members