CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Facts presented indicate a plan. I wonder if something went wrong for this end result. It appears to me their plan was not fully carried out???? Yet why? IMO

JMO I think they didn't know about the SWAT exercises down the street that morning and that screwed up things.

Read the Quran. It mandates the killing and beheading of the people of the book, i.e Christians and Jews, and the enslavement and defilement of infidels. It also countenances lying to the infidels (i.e. non-muslims).

Ummmm...actually it doesn't.

The Quran forbids randomly killing OR enslaving the people of the book (which is why ISIS was taking Yazidi slaves, also why the Arabs started the African slave trade).

I'm angry with myself for the knee jerk reaction of assuming these were part of some type of radicalized religious group....just because of their names. I actually prayed they weren't Muslims early on. My mind tells me to watch with an open mind. THIS is what terrorism has done to me. And I HATE HATE HATE it! JMOO

I think LE did a terrific job yesterday. The command center and perimeter set up immediately along with triage and medical response was fantastic. The scanner revealed calm, cool dispatch and LE communication. And the swift organization of witnesses and info was amazing. Well done. I wish it could have been prevented, but I am so impressed with LE. Bravo!

IMO, he went to party to check out site and/or to plant bombs. He was reported as nervous and irritable at the party. After he checked out the site and/or planted bombs, he went home, picked up his wife and proceeded with his plan. IMO, this was planned. Dropped off child with mother in law, had the pipe bombs and other incendiary devices ready, go-cameras ready to go, and AK's and bullets.

I think I read somewhere that the shooters reloaded after initial shootings, while the victims were shaking in fear. This sounds like cold-blooded terrorist act.

BBM

Yes. Just heard this. They emptied out. Reloaded and again.

Like others have said, I think it's best to sit back and wait for more information. There is information which makes the terrorist event appear to be motivated by religious fundamentalism, but there is other information which makes the event appear more like the workplace shootings we've seen in the past. Right now, not everything fits together, but it's early. I find after these events we are so quick to look for answers, we as a nation (the media really fuels this) jump to conclusions and sometimes innocent people are hurt. We're not supposed to have all the answers yet. It's not even been a day. There's no need to fight over the few scraps of info we currently have, when a clearer picture will emerge if we're patient.

Am wondering if bullying in the workplace caused this.

IMO, he went to party to check out site and/or to plant bombs. He was reported as nervous and irritable at the party. After he checked out the site and/or planted bombs, he went home, picked up his wife and proceeded with his plan. IMO, this was planned. Dropped off child with mother in law, had the pipe bombs and other incendiary devices ready, go-cameras ready to go, and AK's and bullets.

I think I read somewhere that the shooters reloaded after initial shootings, while the victims were shaking in fear. This sounds like cold-blooded terrorist act.

Actually this is a good observation. Maybe the altercation at the party was a side effect of him being enraged and planting bombs covertly. People noticed him acting weird and him getting aggressive. That would mean that the altercation really had nothing to do with what happened since he was planning it anyway.

She says all four guns were bought four years ago but she's not saying whether they were purchased out of state or how and when they got into the hands of the two shooters.

Davis says California requires paperwork when guns change hands privately but many other states don't.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-03-08-48-54

She also says the rifles involved were .223-caliber - powerful enough to pierce the standard protective vest worn by police officers, and some types of ammo can even plow through walls.

I'm angry with myself for the knee jerk reaction of assuming these were part of some type of radicalized religious group....just because of their names. I actually prayed they weren't Muslims early on. My mind tells me to watch with an open mind. THIS is what terrorism has done to me. And I HATE HATE HATE it! JMOO

You know what's funny. I myself should know better but I have the same reaction. That's why I try to speak out about it more. Good for you for being self reflective.

[video=youtube;SRNJNlCGduM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRNJNlCGduM[/video]
Sorry, scrutinizing vid again and looks like it is the police response.

CNN reported this am that 2 guns (of 4 found) were bought legally by killers and 2 not known until traced. Confusing!

I'm sure the FBI has the weapons now. Question is, will they tell the public what they are? Time will tell.

And I highly doubt they were purchased legally. JMO.

They reported last night that most of the weapons were purchased legally and that another weapon was purchased by a former roommate.

Federal authorities say that the two assault rifles and two handguns used in the San Bernardino massacre were all purchased legally in the United States

- two of them by someone who's now under investigation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-03-08-48-54

The way I read this is that the killers did not purchase the 2 guns but someone they know or are related to did and that person is now under investigation.

She says all four guns were bought four years ago but she's not saying whether they were purchased out of state or how and when they got into the hands of the two shooters.

Davis says California requires paperwork when guns change hands privately but many other states don't.

She also says the rifles involved were .223-caliber - powerful enough to pierce the standard protective vest worn by police officers, and some types of ammo can even plow through walls.

Im familiar with the .223 as I have a rifle that uses that caliber. They are a very fast bullet. The Feet-per-second is outrageously fast bullet. Around 2500-3000+ FPS. The bullet size itself is rather small but the speed of the bullet makes up for it and it can cause tremendous damage to human tissue because the impact velocity is super fast.

Feeling guilty for getting the two woman mixed up sorry

Their garage is described by investigators as an IED factory - reporter on Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads