CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was fired 2 years ago as per this article …. I believe it was only the premises that was new ….

Also this in the same article

Sheriff Vernon H. Warnke did say he believes there might be a second person who was involved in the kidnapping and killings, but investigators are still collecting evidence.

"If that person is watching, might as well turn yourself in," Warnke said. "Our detectives are like bulldogs. They’re not going to give up. Once we find or determine that there was in fact a second person, they're going to go after and go after hard."

We haven't gotten any answers from him yet, it has been someone else who called/found them etc. He had to be sedated because he was out of control. I don't see many answers coming from this $^@$. IMO
To quote our own @MassGuy, for this guy, the only thing worse than staying silent is telling the truth.

As to motive, I suppose all doors are open here including a hate crime but I don't see the perp of a "hate" attack-- especially against owners in a trade known to the suspect...
I agree. There could be mixed motives (ethnicity aggravates situation), but that would be difficult to show. Still would be good to screen social media and prison buddies for any racist comments, threats etc.

Even with your objective points, I still cant help but wondering that had the victims been of another ethnicity, would all four still have been killed?

But.... an answer to that question is not likely.

Last edited:
I don’t guess he’s officially been “arrested” or booked into the jail as he’s not listed on their roster. Is that unusual?
If OP is referring to suspect Salgado, it would be unusual for any party under medically induced sedation to be arrested prior to being cognizant or competent to understand the action. Seems to be he's already under police observation at the hospital so if he moves, MCSO will be aware of his actions. MOO

NEWS BREAKING UPDATE WITH SPECIFICS WHERE THE MOTIVE COULD BE THE SUSPECT (SALGADO) WAS AN ALLEGED, DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE, AND HISTORY REPEATING:

Oct 6, 2022: Updated 47 mins ago​

A 48-year-old man suspected of kidnapping and killing a family in Central California this week used to work for the victims' trucking business, NBC Bay Area has learned.

Spokespeople for the victims confirmed Thursday Jesus Salgado worked for the Merced County family as a truck driver two years ago. Paramjeet Singh and Edwin Kainth said trouble started after an out of state assignment for Salgado two years ago.

"When he came back they had a little argument with the owners and the truck drivers, so I think that’s how he got mad and taken that action after almost two years ago," Kainth said.

The Merced County Sheriff's Office said it couldn't confirm that information.

Damian Trujillo
@newsdamian

NEW: Family spokesmen for the victims’ of the Merced kidnapping/murders says the suspected killer worked for the victims’ trucking business two years ago and had an argument with them then. Confirming.

1:02 PM · Oct 6, 2022 from Merced, CA

The suspect in the kidnapping and killing of a central California family was a former employee who had a longstanding dispute with them that “got pretty nasty,” a sheriff said Thursday.

Relatives of the slain family told investigators that Jesus Salgado, 48, had sent angry text messages or emails about a year ago after working with their trucking business, Merced County Sheriff Vern Warnke told The Associated Press.

Salgado is expected to be booked into the Merced County Jail as soon as he is medically cleared.

Sheriff Vernon H. Warnke did say he believes there might be a second person who was involved in the kidnapping and killings, but investigators are still collecting evidence.

"If that person is watching, might as well turn yourself in," Warnke said. "Our detectives are like bulldogs. They’re not going to give up. Once we find or determine that there was in fact a second person, they're going to go after and go after hard."

NEWS BREAKING UPDATE WITH SPECIFICS WHERE THE MOTIVE COULD BE THE SUSPECT (SALGADO) WAS AN ALLEGED, DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE, AND HISTORY REPEATING:

Oct 6, 2022: Updated 47 mins ago​

A 48-year-old man suspected of kidnapping and killing a family in Central California this week used to work for the victims' trucking business, NBC Bay Area has learned.

Spokespeople for the victims confirmed Thursday Jesus Salgado worked for the Merced County family as a truck driver two years ago. Paramjeet Singh and Edwin Kainth said trouble started after an out of state assignment for Salgado two years ago.

"When he came back they had a little argument with the owners and the truck drivers, so I think that’s how he got mad and taken that action after almost two years ago," Kainth said.

The Merced County Sheriff's Office said it couldn't confirm that information.

Damian Trujillo
@newsdamian

NEW: Family spokesmen for the victims’ of the Merced kidnapping/murders says the suspected killer worked for the victims’ trucking business two years ago and had an argument with them then. Confirming.

1:02 PM · Oct 6, 2022 from Merced, CA

So he was out of prison in 2015, on probation for 3 years and, two years later, had an argument with this family. Two years after the argument, he kidnapped and murdered them?!

That seems to me like a long time to be stewing with that resentment. If that’s what it was. JMO

I dunno... Given these are identical details to his known conviction from the 2005 criminal event, and if this was truly history repeating itself, and the ready motive, a disgruntled former employee -- I think we'd be hearing of this from MCSO and not an unnamed spokesperson!

Salgado’s criminal history involves a robbery in 2005 that led to an eight-year prison sentence.

A victim in that 2005 robbery shared his story exclusively with KSEE/KGPE.

The man, who owned a Central Valley trucking company, said Salgado worked for him for two years. After he fired Salgado, the man said, his former employee came to his home wearing a ski mask one night in December 2005.

“I went to shut the front door,” said the man, “when he pulled out a gun and held it to the back of my head.”

The homeowner said Salgado duct-taped his hands and those of his wife, his 16-year-old daughter and his daughter’s friend before he “stole all the money we had, rings, that kind of stuff.”

The man said Salgado even took the ring off of his wife’s finger before he “made the girls jump in the pool and tried to push me in the pool.”

Once in the pool, the man said, Salgado told them, “If you call the police, I will kill you,” before he walked out the front door.

The man said they did call the police and Salgado was arrested the next morning, according to the California Department of Corrections.
Police report from 2005 case: https://dig.abclocal.go.com/kgo/PDF/100622-kfsn-merced-kidnapping-suspect-2005-police-report.pdf

Linked in this article: Merced kidnapping: Suspect in custody has violent past, previously arrested for robbery, threats

The similarities are uncanny. MOO

Would there be any value in drawing a circle around a map and looking at potential places Jasdeep & Amandeep could have been taken to in the six minute truck ride?

<modsnip>
Yes ….

However, could the 2 men have still been in the back seat when the offender returned for Mum and Bub???

I couldn’t see the video of the vehicle that well, but didn’t he put Mum and Bub in the front passenger seat???

Just wondering if he drove a little way, changed his mind about leaving 2 behind and did a simple u-turn to go back for them.???

Happy to be incorrect if anyone can see the video more clearly…. And just speculation on my part …

He was fired 2 years ago as per this article …. I believe it was only the premises that was new ….

Also this in the same article

emph. mine.
Good !!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth