Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try & frame this reply from a perspective of people who do not know this area, so u can help with the efforts to solve this case. We are in the Coachella valley & we have access to only 1 freeway which is the I-10. Anyone who has lived here for a time has a good working knowledge of all the freeway exits & Jon has lived here many years after moving here from Queens, New York as a boy (thus the pics of him wearing the New York ball caps that u have probably seen).

The Banning/Beaumont area is roughly 30 miles west heading toward the Los Angeles area. The place where the car was located is just past the main exits for the city of Beaumont (if u were heading west out of the valley here). Everyone knows those Beaumont exits & would know that if they wanted to get off of the freeway & go where all the fast food restaurants and so on are... they would exit previous to where the car was found, or they would continue on past that spot because there is another exit ahead where there are known fast food & gasoline etc. type of businesses. I say this because a resident of the Coachella valley would not stop purposely at the place where her car was found. Plus this is a somewhat remote area leading into Yucaipa with empty fields. (I'm going to interject my opinion here of what I think happened, but it has been well thought out as u can imagine, plus I'm drawing from known info on the case).

First of all, no one pulls over on the freeway unless they are having a mechanical issue or a road rage situation, or perhaps forced at gunpoint to do so. Yet her car was fueled & still operational. Plus... the Highway Patrol will tow a car fairly quickly if it's left parked on the freeway. So I have my doubts that the car was left there Wednesday night until it was discovered by Onstar on Friday morning. So, it is my opinion that the car was dumped there by the assailant/assailants perhaps on Thursday night leading into Friday morning.

I've driven that stretch of highway on my way to Palm Springs and you are correct. There are two exits in between where the car was found that have restaurants and gas stations in case someone needed to pull over to make a call, put gas, check the car or go to the restroom. There wouldn't be any reason why someone would pull over in that area, on the side of the highway, as it is pretty remote and dark if I remember correctly.

If someone would have impersonated a highway patrol, I would think that the bloodhound would have traced the scent going behind the SUV as opposed to the front or into the embankment. (I read a story were last week a person impersonating a police officer pulled over a woman in Tucson Arizona. The police impersonator still hasn't been found.(

if the scent went into the field, its bad news. Either they were running away from someone or hiding from someone. I hope someone is able to remember something about a car pulling over the side of the road. I know in California, when people pull to the side of the road, people slow down and look in case they need assistance. They may not stop but they call CHP.

I've driven that stretch of highway on my way to Palm Springs and you are correct. There are two exits in between where the car was found that have restaurants and gas stations in case someone needed to pull over to make a call, put gas, check the car or go to the restroom. There wouldn't be any reason why someone would pull over in that area, on the side of the highway, as it is pretty remote and dark if I remember correctly.

If someone would have impersonated a highway patrol, I would think that the bloodhound would have traced the scent going behind the SUV as opposed to the front or into the embankment. (I read a story were last week a person impersonating a police officer pulled over a woman in Tucson Arizona. The police impersonator still hasn't been found.(

if the scent went into the field, its bad news. Either they were running away from someone or hiding from someone. I hope someone is able to remember something about a car pulling over the side of the road. I know in California, when people pull to the side of the road, people slow down and look in case they need assistance. They may not stop but they call CHP.

Not that dark, there are two street lamps nearby where they pulled over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant comparable to the rest of that highway. There are few places were shopping centers or car lots run parallel along the highway that are very well lit with ample parking lot lights. They light up the highway pretty well. This section is empty fields and a golf course with no other lighting except the street lights that are pretty dim. No homes near by the highway either. for safety reasons probably not a great place to stop.

I meant comparable to the rest of that highway. There are few places were shopping centers or car lots run parallel along the highway that are very well lit with ample parking lot lights. They light up the highway pretty well. This section is empty fields and a golf course with no other lighting except the street lights that are pretty dim. No homes near by the highway either. for safety reasons probably not a great place to stop.

True that.

This is an interesting case. I'm surprised there's not much LE or MSM following. Hoping they're found soon.

So lets assume for a moment both of them were in the car alive and well when they noticed that someone with bad intentions was following them. They decide to ditch the car and run and hide, then deliberately stop in that spot because lighting is less bright, and they hope it will give them an advantage. In the panic Audrey forgets her purse in the car. They run up the embankment (one report said both their scents were detected), and hop the fence. Maybe they hide somewhere in some brush or something and switch off their phones so that the followers won't hear it ring should they come close. The fact that they haven't turned up would suggest that they were found and something terrible happened. Have there been any searches done at all in that area?

Coachella Valley is well known for their annual Coachella Festival. Basically, a music festival similar to the days of Woodstock. It is held for two weekends and this year it was from April 14-23 with about 100,000 people in attendance.

People from all over the country and world come to this festival. Someone mentioned that Jon worked at the festival last year but was unsure if he worked the festival this year. Perhaps this is where he met these friends. Since it seems as if no one knows who they are, they must have been newly acquired friends, perhaps he met them at the festival where they promised him a job or new opportunities. It'll be a challenge to figure who they are unless they acquire his phone records.

Yes a previous poster had commented that he lives in the area and anybody who lives in that area would know that is not an exit that you would exit since it's all fields you would either exit a few exits before that where it's populated or after that he said that it's very odd that they would stop there on their own

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/254676966-story

Nothing much new in this updated story but I haven't seen it reported that bloodhounds picked up his scent before.

"The family said that bloodhounds apparently tracked Reynoso’s scent 50-feet into a nearby field before losing it."

The dog tracking "his scent" makes me wonder if she was taken directly from the car or even in the car where it was found.
Position of the drivers seat could be an indicator of her not driving.

I wonder if the car was locked up when found.

Since On Star helped locate the vehicle maybe they can provide additional information of where the car may have been before found.

Some of the photos have people that are with him using gang signs? Or is that common now, legit question...

It's very common - some of my kids have been doing it for years, and they're about as gangsta as Forest Gump.

The dog tracking "his scent" makes me wonder if she was taken directly from the car or even in the car where it was found.
Position of the drivers seat could be an indicator of her not driving.

I wonder if the car was locked up when found.

Since On Star helped locate the vehicle maybe they can provide additional information of where the car may have been before found.

I don't know anything about OnStar but can it be used as a navigational device that might show the route they took before disappearing? It would be a great tool. It would show if she went to his house and picked him up, and the path they took to where the car was found.

Seat position is important, it can tell who might have been driving. Both these people sound sweet and kind, its a shame that a couple on a night out could disappear like this without a trace.

With the car in good working order, they did not stop by choice in the location the car was found, they were forced to. I-10 gets a lot of transient traffic. It's a thoroughfare from AZ to metropolitan So. Cal. This could be anyone, not just someone these people know. IMO

I see your point, but why not walk forward or back instead of up an embankment with a fence. If in distress try to flag someone down... BUT the car was operable right? as not stalled etc. so....???? Where were the keys? Did they have to tow it? and I'm confused. HIs was the only scent the dogs followed. Why only his if she was in HER car?

Not judging, but where was he born? MAybe he doesn't have a license to drive bc he cant get one. If caught there are fees and ... well you the idea. I'm an immigrant lover. NOt judging. I have a dear neighbor in this situation.

In CA illegal immigrants can get a DL. I know my city opened a whole new DMV service center for this (dealing only w DL not registrations or anything else)

In front of or behind the car you still risk being hit. In front, you risk someone hitting your car and your car hitting you.

I was just commenting on that part though I know the car was operable. I'm really worried about these two [emoji30]

In CA illegal immigrants can get a DL. I know my city opened a whole new DMV service center for this (dealing only w DL not registrations or anything else)

In front of or behind the car you still risk being hit. In front, you risk someone hitting your car and your car hitting you.

I was just commenting on that part though I know the car was operable. I'm really worried about these two [emoji30] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know too many people that do not have a driving license at 28 in California. Does it say that he doesn't have a DL? Or doesn't have a car?

Only persons I know without a DL is either because of suspended license or because of medical reasons such as epilepsy. I would think they would have mentioned a medical illness if that was the case.

I too worry about this two. What worries me is that her last cell phone ping never left the Coachella Valley and phone was turned off with no activity Wednesday at midnight. I suppose shortly after the selfie pic being sent.

Did she turn it off on purpose or did someone else did?

I think her vehicle was intentionally left there. If she was actually fleeing the car I would think she would at least take her keys. I wonder if they dusted for prints and if the family has the car.

I think her vehicle was intentionally left there. If she was actually fleeing the car I would think she would at least take her keys. I wonder if they dusted for prints and if the family has the car.

I know her purse was left in the car, but I never saw it mentioned that the keys were there.

I know her purse was left in the car, but I never saw it mentioned that the keys were there.

Yes the purse as well is something else to consider.

Maybe there wasn't keys, I'm assuming because they stated the car was fully operational and had gas. Also it's not a beater, so if they were being chased they could easily out run another vehicle, at the very least to a highly populated exit.

Perhaps this is a road rage incident but usually there isn't abductions involved.

This is a totally bizarre case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members