Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to them, happened while they were in CV because that's the last place her cell phone pinged. Plus, why would they be all the way in Beaumont when AM told her sister the plan was to take JR back to his home in PD?? Someone drove her car to Beaumont, then ditched it. Maybe after they realized it was connected to On Star and could be tracked.

Whatever happened to them, happened while they were in CV because that's the last place her cell phone pinged. Plus, why would they be all the way in Beaumont when AM told her sister the plan was to take JR back to his home in PD?? Someone drove her car to Beaumont, then ditched it. Maybe after they realized it was connected to On Star and could be tracked.

Not necessarily. A phone will ping only if it is sending out or receiving calls or texts. LE stated that their phones were turned off the night of the tenth. It can't be determined if a phone is physically shut off or due to a dead battery. Maybe their phones went dark at the same time and LE is assuming they were intentionally turned off. Knowing when occurred and when that pic was sent might help a bit.

The police confirmed in a televised interview a few days ago that her phone was turned off at midnight on Wednesday, so that leaves a 3-4 hour window from the time she left her sister's house between 8pm & 8:45pm in the city of Coachella which is in the East valley. They would not confirm his phone activity & said it is part of the active investigation. Ive been conducting some research past the city of Thermal which seems to indicate that the final cell tower is in Thermal & there doesn't seem to be one in Mecca & none until Desert Shore which is already half-way into the Salton Sea area. The city of Brawley is roughly 71 miles from Coachella & it takes roughly 1 hour & 15 minutes to travel that distance. The route out of the CV is I-10 to highway 86. I haven't traveled those roads in a long time but i remember not getting a cell signal. So it is a possibility that she picked him up somewhere within that area. The purse found in her car was a rumor early on & there is no confirmation of that to my knowledge. I do know that there was a search conducted by family members of the fields adjacent to where her car was found & a scent search by the dog.

The police also confirmed that she was on her way to pick him up in the Imperial Valley. They have not released the pick up location (if known). I don't think it's that far-fetched for her to have been jacked if she stopped for fuel or something on her way to pick him up & then she was kept by that person or persons & she may have told them where she was going & why. Ive never had a gun to my head, but it's possible I might say I was meeting up with a boyfriend hoping they would realize someone was expecting me to show up & then they took him too & robbed them & kept the car & dumped it in Beaumont.
Or they could have been jacked after stopping somewhere together.

The other scenario would be the "friends" who were giving him a ride. Although they may have come forward by now (but they had not as of a week into the investigation, which was 3 days ago).

I am wanting to know if her "fueled" car was full or near empty considering her cell phone's 3-4 hour window, which might lead to a surveillance video from a gas station.

We do know her phone never registered use or pings beyond the Eastern Coachella Valley & a person driving to the Banning/Beaumont area must pass through the Western Coachella valley, so whatever happened probably happened in the East Valley or Imperial Valley & her phone was probably thrown away. His too, since I believe it's common knowledge that a cell phone can be tracked even if not in use as long as a cell tower is within range. I also think if his cell phone was used or pinged in the Coachella valley, the police would have released that info.

So, unless they vanished on purpose (which is unlikely) they were either in that car with a gun to their heads when it was dumped, or they were harmed somewhere between Thermal/Mecca & perhaps as far away as Desert Shores. I think the forensics inside that car may tell the police a lot about the case. If no one else was in that car, then they got out of it in Beaumont on purpose because nothing was wrong with it. (Of course this is all based on my theories of what could have happened).

I also think if the "friends" who gave him the ride from Brawley wanted to harm him, then why would they wait until she showed up, unless she was bringing him something that they wanted. If so, well they would have done the deed near to where she picked him up & then taken her car. They had a car too, because they were giving him a ride. So both cars could have gone on into the Coachella Valley & then hers was dumped on the freeway.

Those are are the scenarios I have been able to come up with so far.

The police also confirmed that she was on her way to pick him up in the Imperial Valley. They have not released the pick up location (if known). I don't think it's that far-fetched for her to have been jacked if she stopped for fuel or something on her way to pick him up & then she was kept by that person or persons & she may have told them where she was going & why. Ive never had a gun to my head, but it's possible I might say I was meeting up with a boyfriend hoping they would realize someone was expecting me to show up & then they took him too & robbed them & kept the car & dumped it in Beaumont.
Or they could have been jacked after stopping somewhere together.

The other scenario would be the "friends" who were giving him a ride. Although they may have come forward by now (but they had not as of a week into the investigation, which was 3 days ago).

I am wanting to know if her "fueled" car was full or near empty considering her cell phone's 3-4 hour window, which might lead to a surveillance video from a gas station.

We do know her phone never registered use or pings beyond the Eastern Coachella Valley & a person driving to the Banning/Beaumont area must pass through the Western Coachella valley, so whatever happened probably happened in the East Valley or Imperial Valley & her phone was probably thrown away. His too, since I believe it's common knowledge that a cell phone can be tracked even if not in use as long as a cell tower is within range. I also think if his cell phone was used or pinged in the Coachella valley, the police would have released that info.

So, unless they vanished on purpose (which is unlikely) they were either in that car with a gun to their heads when it was dumped, or they were harmed somewhere between Thermal/Mecca & perhaps as far away as Desert Shores. I think the forensics inside that car may tell the police a lot about the case. If no one else was in that car, then they got out of it in Beaumont on purpose because nothing was wrong with it. (Of course this is all based on my theories of what could have happened).

I also think if the "friends" who gave him the ride from Brawley wanted to harm him, then why would they wait until she showed up, unless she was bringing him something that they wanted. If so, well they would have done the deed near to where she picked him up & then taken her car. They had a car too, because they were giving him a ride. So both cars could have gone on into the Coachella Valley & then hers was dumped on the freeway.

Those are are the scenarios I have been able to come up with so far.

Surveillance at a gas station would be phenomenal. But I would think if it was available LE would have already posted it. However, she probably had plenty of gas. I'm thinking (or trying to) from a completely different perspective now. No purse, maybe no keys. Truck only parked at the location as late as the night of the 11th or early on the 12th. This may have been a robbery and/or carjacking. BUT I go back to the reports of the scent tracking. One puts the couple 20 yards west (in front) of the vehicle and Jon's mother said his scent went up the hill or in a "field" 50 ft. This might have been taken out of context because the reporter could have been asking about her son, so naturally she reports about what she has been told, excluding Audrey, probably subconsciously. Both accounts put them there. I double checked to see if the embankment could be actually be west of the vehicle but google maps has it as north.

So both the vehicle and the couple were missing a whole day before being reported and found on the 12th. It's possible they escaped their abductors and fled to the place in question, raced to the top of the hill and were recaptured.

But why?

I don't know too many people that do not have a driving license at 28 in California. Does it say that he doesn't have a DL? Or doesn't have a car?

Only persons I know without a DL is either because of suspended license or because of medical reasons such as epilepsy. I would think they would have mentioned a medical illness if that was the case.

I too worry about this two. What worries me is that her last cell phone ping never left the Coachella Valley and phone was turned off with no activity Wednesday at midnight. I suppose shortly after the selfie pic being sent.

Did she turn it off on purpose or did someone else did?

It didn't say he had no DL just that he didn't drive. Did anyone here who knew him ever know him to drive before? It could be no DL, no car or hell maybe he was in an accident before that spooked him and he is afraid to idk.

Most ppl w a suspended DL drive anyways though. If they have a car. And hope they don get caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know when & where his phone got turned off, but since the police wont say anything about his phone & only her phone, it makes me think that whatever happened may have more to do with him than her or that he was able to get some sort of message to someone b4 his phone went dark. Another scenario could be that they stopped at a friend's house or were forced to go to someone's house.

I also would like to know if she was expected at her work on Thursday. So far her family hasn't done any interviews with the news media & she wasn't reported missing as quickly as he was. If she was expected at work on Thursday morning & with her phone being shut off at midnight in the East valley, then why go to Beaumont? From the east valley to Beaumont is an hour drive, so that makes it 1am at the very least.

I'm fairly certain it is not confirmed that she was taking him to his home in Palm Desert, but that seems more likely than not. A person usually wants to go home at that late hour, especially when they have been on a trip.

I hope the police hold a press conference soon or do more interviews, so the public can have a better understanding of where to search for them.

Neither of them has surfaced. I think somebody saw, heard, or knew something they shouldn't have. Outlook grim, imo. :(

That's really sad. I'm sure it goes without saying that everyone here feels terrible for both of their families, but I just feel the need to repeat it. I don't know how parents continue on when their child goes missing. I would crumble.

ETA... i would crumble at first. Then I'd get all fired up and end up in jail for pushing too hard.

Is it possible we need to perhaps look at this from a different angle? Is it at all probable that he could have harmed her, and is now hiding out? Or is that completely out of the question? No offense meant whatsoever, I only ask this as I try to imagine every possible angle.

<modsnip>

I noticed that Beaumont had nothing regarding the case on their FB page. Considering that they found her car there, you would think that posting her car and their faces on the Beaumont FB page could possibly have witnesses come forward... it really is a shame. Not only that, what if they were victims of a robbery or road rage gone bad... you would think they would want to warn the Beaumont community. It's very strange. I'm thinking PD knows more than what they are telling us and have no urgency in warning the public or finding them because they already know what happened and who is responsible. It's probably just a waiting game for now.

Is it possible we need to perhaps look at this from a different angle? Is it at all probable that he could have harmed her, and is now hiding out? Or is that completely out of the question? No offense meant whatsoever, I only ask this as I try to imagine every possible angle.

I have a friend that lives in the desert, in the general vicinity of where the car was found. She has adopted this case and since she knows I'm a baby-sleuth-wannabe, she's been inundating me with theories and questions. Her most recent theory was this. What if she were harmed but the other party has fled to Mexico? Also, if the other party had her scent on their clothes from contact or being in her car (when they ditched it, for example) would that cause the dogs to track them both even if it were only one actual person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Confliciting reports in media - 8:45pm 10thMay selfie sent, or was Audrey at her sisters place? Time for vehicle discovery quoted as different times,

Has the MPR time ever been in media. I haven't found it...

That's really sad. I'm sure it goes without saying that everyone here feels terrible for both of their families, but I just feel the need to repeat it. I don't know how parents continue on when their child goes missing. I would crumble.

ETA... i would crumble at first. Then I'd get all fired up and end up in jail for pushing too hard.

I feel exactly the same way, GigTu!

Im a New Yawker, I just googled distance between Bakersfield and Coachella. 244 miles. That's kind of far to me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They came up with a new missing poster that's circulating on Facebook and it has the Palm Desert PD contact for JR and the Indio PD contact for AM. I just find it so ODD that they're splitting this case up between two different departments,I don't get why the calls and tips can't be centralized to one police department for them to piece together what happened. I'm seriously having a hard time making sense of why this case is being handled this way.

They came up with a new missing poster that's circulating on Facebook and it has the Palm Desert PD contact for JR and the Indio PD contact for AM. I just find it so ODD that they're splitting this case up between two different departments,I don't get why the calls and tips can't be centralized to one police department for them to piece together what happened. I'm seriously having a hard time making sense of why this case is being handled this way.

I read that earlier today. What does it mean? Why is each case being handled by a different city police agency when they were together and both missing? The only answer is, they have found evidence, some clues that are leading them to believe they are not both victims of the same thing. If they were together, and something happened to the two of them, then it would be in the same place, under the same jurisdiction. But the police are not treating it that way at all. And it seems like each agency investigating is not looking into or is concerned about the other missing person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob