Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just driven (from Joshua Tree, incidentally) across the Mexican border, I can attest to how easy it is to cross in Tijuana. There is some traffic and your license plates are photographed, but you never have to stop or speak to an agent.

I am on the fence about whether they were both victims, but right now I think that they were. The perp has either fled to MX or is in the CA sprawl. The victims are likely in the vast expanse of desert. I hate writing this, but I think it's the case.

This is the update that was aired just moments ago on our local 11am newscast. The interview was with Dan Marshall (the Indio police spokesman), the news anchor said he was interviewed this morning:

There is nothing absent them being off the grid that makes us believe that any crime has been committed. We are still looking for them, we are still 100% full board pressed. If u have any information call 911 or local police agency whatever. Social media is a great way to get those tips out however we do not monitor them all the time & u may have that hot lead that we need to get on right away so call that stuff in. (That is as near a word-for-word quote as I could get).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry Mr Marshall, I disagree. A woman sending random images out of context, then having her phone suddenly off, abandoning her SUV with the window down a day and a half later, moving 60' away from the car then disappearing, and not having her purse with her is more than a bit of cause for alarm! IT IS NUCLEAR :nuclear: and they need HELP!

But he's missing, too ... with no activity on his phone. I think they are both victims here. JMO.
I agree. I am getting that vibe. They are both victims , I think. I could be wrong. (Been wrong here before)

I do not think it is drug cartel related bc those folks tend to leave the bodies out in the open to terrify others and send a message.

Sorry Mr Marshall, I disagree. A woman sending random images out of context, then having her phone suddenly off, abandoning her SUV with the window down a day and a half later, moving 60' away from the car then disappearing, and not having her purse with her is more than a bit of cause for alarm! IT IS NUCLEAR :nuclear: and they need HELP!

Police need to have the mindset FOUL PLAY UNTIL PROVED OTHERWISE!!!

This is the update that was aired just moments ago on our local 11am newscast. The interview was with Dan Marshall (the Indio police spokesman), the news anchor said he was interviewed this morning:

There is nothing absent them being off the grid that makes us believe that any crime has been committed. We are still looking for them, we are still 100% full board pressed. If u have any information call 911 or local police agency whatever. Social media is a great way to get those tips out however we do not monitor them all the time & u may have that hot lead that we need to get on right away so call that stuff in. (That is as near a word-for-word quote as I could get).

How many times do we have to hear this: no crime, no evidence of foul play? Grrr. I get there's no blood, body, weapon, etc., so it's technically correct, but so frustrating.

Kissnk8-Do you recall which station this was on? TIA

Yes GigTu.... it's NUCLEAR!

I'm feeling absolute & uncontrollable terror right now!

What Son would let his Mother fly in from another State & go thru this living nightmare while they are off-the-grid???

This story has legs & it's everywhere!!!

What is he doing? Is he laughing somewhere in a hotel room checking his beloved Mother's Facebook page???

This does remind me of the McStay case though. The police said nothing for years.... YEARS... which is amazing to me that they were able to keep the forensics of their car quiet & the fact that they were murdered in their own home completely unknown to the public & say nothing other than the "maybe they went to Mexico" scenario....while all along they systematically let that suspected baby killer hang himself with his words & interviews!

I have to & want to put my trust in the police on this one. If the cases are similar & they have a suspect or suspects... they will keep them in their crosshairs.

If they truly don't have any evidence... then we are in big trouble here!

Has anyone heard of the Todd Kohlhepp case. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Kohlhepp

A couple had been missing for months last year. Todd had lured both of them with a cleaning job at his home, unfortunately he shot the male and kept the woman captive in a container. She later was found by the police after a tip. She was still alive. The whole story is pretty intense. He confessed of being a serial killer.

This just reminded me of the case because the detectives had no indication of any foul play and had no leads.

Police need to have the mindset FOUL PLAY UNTIL PROVED OTHERWISE!!!

LE does not operate on assumptions. Unless there is evidence of an imminent danger to either of them, there is very little they can or will do. They can follow up on sightings and interview some people. Anything beyond that requires a warrant. This is the protocol of every police agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE does not operate on assumptions. Unless there is evidence of an imminent danger to either of them, there is very little they can or will do. They can follow up on sightings and interview some people. Anything beyond that requires a warrant. This is the protocol of every police agency.

I'm aware. I'd like the protocol to be changed, is what I'm saying. If LE doesn't operate on assumptions, then why do they make the assumption nothing has happened despite evidence that something has.... car on side of road, purse in car, SM activity stopped, haven't contacted any family or friends??

I understand why the protocol is like this but IMO I don't like it and think it should change.

Has anyone heard of the Todd Kohlhepp case. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Kohlhepp

A couple had been missing for months last year. Todd had lured both of them with a cleaning job at his home, unfortunately he shot the male and kept the woman captive in a container. She later was found by the police after a tip. She was still alive. The whole story is pretty intense. He confessed of being a serial killer.

This just reminded me of the case because the detectives had no indication of any foul play and had no leads.

This is very scary!! I'm really hoping they just decided to take a break from the world but these two seem like responsible adults. I just don't see them leaving their vehicle on the side of the road like that.... something is up.

I have a FB but never post on it. I'm also not 28.
I do think it strange he doesn't have one but I think it's possible he has one with a different name.

See I think it's strange that so many people can't believe someone doesn't do FB. I get on FB but I rarely post. I actually keep in touch with my friends and don't care enough about the "friends" from years past that friended me on FB but I don't talk to or keep up regularly with to post on a public forum details about my life. My husband doesn't have a smartphone and no FB account (no we aren't old lol), and I know a few people that don't do FB. So when I read that someone doesn't have a FB account I definitely don't think that is suspicious or think they must have one under an alias. I admit I'm addicted to Websleuths and spend to much time on here, but that is out of a passion for court cases and solving crimes. I think society spends way too much time on electronic gadgets and social media. I find it sad that someone is considered strange and suspicious because they DON'T have those accounts. Lol I need to go live with the Ingall's on the prairie. Just my opinion and no offense intended! Like I said I am on this site way too much!

For her mom to say
If it's done let us know so we can lay them to rest.
To me was an odd statement.
Jmo

You've taken her statement out of context. Her statement didn't just say that so the part you selected seems odd. Excerpt from article, "Reynoso's mother, Mayra Torres, begged for anyone with information to come forward. "I wouldn't wish anything like this to a mom," she told KESQ in Palm Springs on Monday, one day after the Mother's Day holiday. “If you have them, let them go. Let them be free. Let them come home; there’s people waiting for them. If they’re hurt, if it’s already been done, then let us know so that we can put them to rest. Don’t leave them wherever they are.”
http://ktla.com/2017/05/15/indio-po...issing-couple-not-heard-from-since-last-week/

I found it odd that he had two Instagram accounts on private. Sometimes people have two different accounts: one private for private life and one public for business advertising. But two different private accounts is odd. But it may have been an old inactive account.

I'm assuming he knows how to drive and possibly has a suspended license. But I agree, he may just not have a car at the moment and possibly why it's difficult for hm to find a job. But how did he get to Brawley? Did she take him the day prior. The timeline is so confusing.

ALL off my social media is private. If you don't know me and you aren't a friend I don't want you seeing my information. I guess I must be hiding something. Umm, YES I AM! It's called NOYFB if I don't know you!

With the Todd case, friends and family were urging LE to follow up on the last cell phone ping and search (which ended up near to where they found them) but there was no evidence of foul play and from what I understood no valid reason to get a search warrant. The possiblity of them taking a break and leaving without notice, just to get away for awhile, was thrown around, but close family didn't believe they would do that for a second. I think family always has the best gut feeling when it comes to foul play. Let's hope they get some tips.

ALL off my social media is private. If you don't know me and you aren't a friend I don't want you seeing my information. I guess I must be hiding something. Umm, YES I AM! It's called NOYFB if I don't know you!

What caught my attention is the 2 different private Instagram accounts. I have 2 accounts myself. One with about 6,000 followers, showcasing my art that is public. And I private one with 300 friends... people I personally know and have close relationships with. having both is very time consuming, so it's seems odd that he would have two private accounts? For what purpose?

Yup that's the case I was thinking of too and mentioned in a previous post, but I couldn't recall the names. Thank you!

But these kind of kidnappings are quite rare, and somehow I don't think this is what happened here. I think Jon got mixed up with the wrong people, possibly for money, and things went south. Audrey was just unfortunate to be there. Unfortunately I don't believe they are alive. jmo

Let's hope I'm wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member