Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole case is so far extremely frustrating. The media reports are so conflicting - LE should definitely be holding a press conference at this point. JR mother has done multiple media interviews which is great for a case that seemingly has no leads. It's hard for me to have known JR and think of this case in my normal "sleuthing" manor. He was a funny, likable, friendly guy. I really can't think of him doing something to AM and being on the lam. Even though Sleuthing Me is trying to look into this with every angle and draw parallels between this and other cases, it's just difficult. Unless a witness or one of them comes forward or LE announces a break in the case, it's very confusing to try and tie everything we do know (which isn't much) together. I'll continue to sleuth though, my whole social media timeline is filled with pictures and posts about this case.. we need to stay on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they could see a matted down area where they went up that hill. Seems like that dry grass would show evidence of it if that happened.

Exactly! Especially Jonathan, he's a big guy! If this was some small, skinny kid's scent I'd say that might be hard to tell but he's a big guy! He probably played football when he was younger.

PS - bunnygirl - I agree with you. I'm getting a very genuine vibe from Jonathan. My gut has been wrong before but I think something is seriously wrong. Hoping they're found safe.

This whole case is so far extremely frustrating. The media reports are so conflicting - LE should definitely be holding a press conference at this point. JR mother has done multiple media interviews which is great for a case that seemingly has no leads. It's hard for me to have known JR and think of this case in my normal "sleuthing" manor. He was a funny, likable, friendly guy. I really can't think of him doing something to AM and being on the lam. Even though Sleuthing Me is trying to look into this with every angle and draw parallels between this and other cases, it's just difficult. Unless a witness or one of them comes forward or LE announces a break in the case, it's very confusing to try and tie everything we do know (which isn't much) together. I'll continue to sleuth though, my whole social media timeline is filled with pictures and posts about this case.. we need to stay on this.

LE to hold a press conference is very unlikely. The most they will do is provide an interview.

I feel for you about your friend but I can't help but think this is going to end badly for one or both of them.

LE to hold a press conference is very unlikely. The most they will do is provide an interview.

I feel for you about your friend but I can't help but think this is going to end badly for one or both of them.

Me too. Like I said, Regular Me wants this to have a happy ending but Sleuthing Me knows that at this point that is very unlikely.

I'm glad you're here, and I hope this has a happy ending, for them and for everyone who knows and cares about them.

Sadly, I have to agree that it doesn't look voluntarily.

Purse left in the car, and phones both turned off, are two big red flags, unfortunately.

If this was foul play, and the scent dog was correct, they must have been marched from their vehicle to another one, probably at gun point. Are there any cameras in the area that could show a vehicle tailing them?

If they were forced into another vehicle they are likely now deceased. It's been 8 days ... not likely that someone would hold two adults hostage somewhere for so long - and one of them being a big strong guy. For what reason? Not that this has never happened, I vaguely remember one case here a while ago where a couple was kidnapped and held, I think the man was killed, and the woman found in the end. But it is rare.

LE must be digging into their past now to find out the reason why someone would take them. Drugs? Money owed?

All jmo.

From what I understand Imperial County is well known for Cartel activity. Mexicali is one of the places where drugs are smuggled into the US. My first feeling that came after hearing the city Brawley being mentioned was not good. Can they have innocently fallen victims of a drug smuggling crime? I don't believe AM sent the selfie.

I hate to shoot this down.... LE said the car was working perfectly. Also, they had just left a town. AND, who goes to the top of a hill that's blocked by a fence, and where EVERY car approaching will see you? Not private at all, imo. If I were driving by and saw that I would LOL.

I think the top of a hill is a good lookout location to see over the wall to the OTHER side of the freeway.

Two thoughts on that.... does the scent show him returning to the road? Was it 50' towards the field (which is actually a hill), or 20 yards west of the car, which is up the highway? I have read both.

Also, just his scent, or hers too? I have read both.
It's ok. I agree. The mind wonders while waiting to hear...hopefully good news soon.

Maybe the photo of the both of them was sent so someone would know who she was with? Or who is responsible?

For me, Brawley and the 'Friends' is the key in all of this.

On Tuesday May 9, they went to dinner and looked happy, without a care in the world.

Wednesday JR heads to Brawley but no one seems to know why. It's over an hour drive. I'm curious to know when JR left and what the couple's itinerary was throughout that day before he left. LE must have phone records to pinpoint the soonest point they were apart and when he contacted AM to meet.

8 pm AM is at her sisters house for approximately 45 before departing to meet JR. At an unknown time later the sister receives a picture of the couple from AM's phone.

There is no known activity from either AM or JR after this.

Reports are that AM's vehicle was located by LE via On Star on the 11th. However AM's family did not report her missing until the early hours of May 12. A witness also reported seeing her vehicle at 6:30 am on the 12th. The original reports are erroneous. So this vehicle was somewhere other than the freeway spot for a full day prior. That would mean AM and JR was as well if we can conclude the 'scents' to be factual. At least one was there anyways.

I'm betting on that it was just Jonathon Reynoso. I also think it was him who sent the photo and not AM. Reason being, AM maybe told him where she just came from and she told him that her sister knew where she was.

For whatever reason AM maybe felt threatened, whether by JR or his friends. this would merit for JR to send the pic to reassure her things were cool. Obviously I have nothing to back this up and it's pure speculation but considering once JR got back from Brawley via his 'Friends' there has to be some a connection there. Unfortunately, due to there not being a body found somewhere, LE will not pursue this much further IMO.

Brawley/Friends/JR/AM's Purse/Car/JR's scent - Indicates JR is a part of this. or accomplice. Just my feeling. My apologies to those who may know him but good people do get embroiled in bad things.

...another theory...car problems and he went up to pee somewhat private?
Just throwing things out while we wait.

No car trouble!
He went up the hill and waited for someone to come pick him up maybe.

Hinkey meter is red hot on this one.

All jmo

I hate to shoot this down.... LE said the car was working perfectly. Also, they had just left a town. AND, who goes to the top of a hill that's blocked by a fence, and where EVERY car approaching will see you? Not private at all, imo. If I were driving by and saw that I would LOL.

I think the top of a hill is a good lookout location to see over the wall to the OTHER side of the freeway.

Two thoughts on that.... does the scent show him returning to the road? Was it 50' towards the field (which is actually a hill), or 20 yards west of the car, which is up the highway? I have read both.

Also, just his scent, or hers too? I have read both.

I agree he was waiting for a ride.jmo
I'm sure they have phone records.

How long has she known this guy?
Where did she meet him?

Does he work?
Have a drivers license?

You don't go up a steep embankment for a ride imo as a big dude.

One was the target and the other was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. *sigh*

The "friends" could add plenty to this story.

How did he get to brawley? (not his home, right?) Who picked him up to get there? Friends' silence is weird.,

The keys were in the car? WHERE? in the ignition? elsewhere?
Her purse was in the car, (?) but her scent was not picked up by dogs? I am so confused.

You don't go up a steep embankment for a ride imo as a big dude.

One was the target and the other was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. *sigh*

The "friends" could add plenty to this story.

How did he get to brawley? (not his home, right?) Who picked him up to get there? Friends' silence is weird.,

Depends what kind of frienda they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member