Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I heard was his mother say THE scent was lost. Not sure if that means his or both of their scents. I can't find a news article that's very clear about that topic.

Where could they be, seriously??

This is just so strange. I understand if it was just one person who's car was found but BOTH of them gone?

Doesn't make any sense.

This is my turf, and I don't like this story one bit! I am very familiar with Beaumont and the Coachella Valley. I commuted daily on I-10 for 2.5 years. A good friend of mine lives a stone's throw from where Audrey's vehicle was left. That stretch is heavily traveled pretty much 24/7.

The stretch between Coachella and Brawley is about 75 miles of nothing but desert. If something happened to this couple and they were indeed in that area, that's exactly where I'd start looking. I've read that her phone has seemingly been shut off since midnight Wednesday. Is there any information regarding his phone? I'm curious to know what position the seat was left in and who they think might have driven the vehicle last.

I am not familiar with OnStar. Does it send out a continuous signal like a cell phone? Would they be able to determine how long it was parked on the side of I-10 and what time it was abandoned?

The discrepancy of who's scent was at the site is really important. Both scents means someone picked them both up and that's one kind of search. Just one scent, JRs, incriminates him, and is a completely different sort of search.

Sending an old selfie is kind of weird, unless it was expected or asked for. Do we have any information on why that selfie was sent?

According to this article, this was the actual picture, and only JRs scent was found. So that answers that. Sketchy!

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/254676966-story
The family said that bloodhounds apparently tracked Reynoso’s scent 50-feet into a nearby field before losing it.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8511.JPG
    IMG_8511.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 674
"Moran told family members she was going to pick up Reynoso May 10 after he returned from a trip to Brawley with friends. Investigators, however, don't know if he was actually there, nor do they know where Moran picked him up after she was last seen at her sister's house in Coachella between 8 and 8:45 p.m., Marshall said."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...ran-jonathan-reynoso/325359001/?showmenu=true

Does this mean LE doesn't know of he was actually ever in Brawley or if he was there when she went to meet him??

i wonder if the plan to meet in Imperial County was set up via text or an actual phone call. Could someone else been texting Audrey from Jonathan's phone to lure her out there?

that photo looks like it was taken at a bar, not at someone's home.

The reports about the Selfie are very conflicting. The picture circulating looks as if it's taking by someone else and is clearly a bar or restaurant setting. Some reports are that the picture was of the couple at his home but cell data indicates she was never there and that the photo was old. Why would she send an old pic?

The info about the him coming from Brawley with friends and no word from them is bothersome as well. She was to meet with him in Palm Springs to give him a ride to his home in Palm Desert, not that far away.

And then we have this article that says bloodhounds fracked THE COUPLE'S scent...I wish the media would get this fact straight. It certainly makes a difference whether it was just Jonathan's scent or both of their scents.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2017/05/16/audrey-moran-jonathan-reynoso/325359001/
The car, which was fueled and operating normally when found by police, did not show any obvious signs of foul play, but police are conducting a forensic investigation in case there's any evidence that can't be seen by the naked eye, Marshall said.

A bloodhound detected the couple's scents, but it ended about 20 yards west of the vehicle.
You're right, it says both.

20 yards west of the vehicle makes it sound like they walked a bit then got into another vehicle. It probably wasn't voluntary, since they are missing now. There's no way to know what time of day or night the transfer occurred, but I suspect not too long after that picture was sent. jmo

You're right, it says both.

20 yards west of the vehicle makes it sound like they walked a bit then got into another vehicle. It probably wasn't voluntary, since they are missing now. There's no way to know what time of day or night the transfer occurred, but I suspect not too long after that picture was sent. jmo

"Torres said bloodhounds apparently tracked her son's scent 50 feet into a field then lost it."

http://abc7.com/news/coachella-valley-missing-couples-car-found-abandoned/1994979/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Audrey Moran Car.JPG
    Audrey Moran Car.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,027
I think that they may have been intercepted before the selfie was sent..... either by another party or by her as a "sign" like hey this pic is old why am I sending it....

Here is a pic of the car from the video posted above.
attachment.php

The location seems to be about here, just after the onramp. https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...0ca7ca387d1acb!8m2!3d33.9294606!4d-116.977248

50' into a field is at the fence line, on the top of that hill. Did the dogs go to the other side of the fence to follow the scent?

Is it just me or does that look really steep?

I can't see anyone trying to get up there unless they were running from something?

This. is. so. strange.... people don't just vanish.

Any other information released regarding phone records??

Only 2 reasons you'd purposely stop your vehicle literally on the shoulder of 10 like that.

1. Car trouble
2. Being pulled over

Or, if you were looking to ditch a car that wasn't yours, and had someone following you to give you a ride. Although ditching a stolen car on the side of the highway sounds rather ridiculous, I admit.

If that is the location, there is no field. There is a steep incline to a fence, and then a golf course on the other side.

I was thinking the same thing, "embankment" would have been a better choice of a word.

Only 2 reasons you'd purposely stop your vehicle literally on the shoulder of 10 like that.

1. Car trouble
2. Being pulled over

Or, if you were looking to ditch a car that wasn't yours, and had someone following you to give you a ride. Although ditching a stolen car on the side of the highway sounds rather ridiculous, I admit.

It seems purposeful that it was parked there. Although if one wanted to keep people off their trail that they were missing (as in ditching) it would be better to park it in a large mall parking lot.

that photo looks like it was taken at a bar, not at someone's home.

I thought the same until I zoomed in on it. There's a guy in the back with his arm up - looks like he's pouring something maybe. Then it looks like there's a person sitting to her left as well. It looks a lot like our dining room with the the bar and mirror, table, etc. Not to get too nit-picky but it's not actually a selfie. Notice both their arms are down. So someone else actually took the pic. https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/missing-full.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all

The weird photo sent and car on the side of the road.... The theory that automatically plays in my mind is that someone overtook them while at his place, sent the photo, then took them towards LA, dropping off the vehicle along the way and transferring them to a different vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston