Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaah I see okay. You think the spontaneous has anything to do with them realizing she has OnStar?? Maybe they were on their way somewhere else and noticed and quickly ditched? Anyone remember what time her family tried making emergency calls to her car?

That's a great point I completely forgot about the OnStar - that could of been the perfect catalyst for someone to get nervous and decide to jump ship and leave the car where they did. I don't remember when the family placed the calls, I'll have to dig back some. Weird that it wasn't included in the timeline provided by The Desert Sun article, seems pretty relevant in understanding the timing of everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great point I completely forgot about the OnStar - that could of been the perfect catalyst for someone to get nervous and decide to jump ship and leave the car where they did. I don't remember when the family placed the calls, I'll have to dig back some. Weird that it wasn't included in the timeline provided by The Desert Sun article, seems pretty relevant in understanding the timing of everything

I can't find the article but I know a news article specifically mentioned that they tried making an emergency call through On-Star. But the more I'm reviewing articles I think family didn't start to really worry until Thursday so I don't think the emergency calls would have been made Wednesday night or too early Thursday. But it's still possible that it had something to do with being ditched in an off spot.

From your link:

"A bloodhound detected the couple's scents, but it ended about 20 yards west of the vehicle."

Which would be directly in front of the vehicle on 10 - not up the embankment as was previously reported. Almost as if they got out and walked, and then got into another vehicle.

"Cell phone towers never picked up Moran's phone calls outside of Indio and Coachella the night she disappeared."

And yet her car was located in Beaumont, 2 hours away. Which means, her phone was shut off before she ever left Coachella.

Nothing in this case makes any sense.

Coachella to Beaumont is actually about a 45 minutes drive, give or take.

The area where the car was found makes that theory hard for me. Considering that if they drove the car 40 miles east of the valley and not west to Beaumont (where the car was found) there is desert upon desert upon desert - a much more comfortable location for someone to force someone out of their car or commit a crime and go undetected. What bothers me about where the car was found is that although it was by open fields, it's a pretty heavily trafficked area- close to the banning jail and a short distance to town where sheriff and CHP vehicles can be seen patrolling any time day or night. It seems to me that someone got scared and dumped the car there - it's not the ideal location for someone to be perpetrating a kidnapping or crime especially when anyone local to the area would know of so many more other stretches of road that see almost no traffic or activity compared to the 10 W heading into the I.E. it's so perplexing because even though I can't wrap my mind around about there being an undetected incident where the car was found - that doesn't explain the scents... were items of theirs dumped there that were possibly later moved? I'm not sure but to me I feel like someone was driving their vehicle and dumped it there because they got nervous of how hot that area of the freeway is - my guts telling me that they weren't in the car when the car was dumped.

The car for me is the biggest red herring in all of it. The Mcstay's vehicle was abandoned 160 miles in the opposite direction of where they were located. AM's car was heading west bound, and also like the Mcstay's, found days later. The opposite direction has Brawley, Salton Sea and Anza Borrego which is also a massive area to lose someone. The one thing that makes it convoluted is the scent(s) found outside the vehicle.

I read that last night. Interesting because in the preliminary reporting it was said - or at least alluded to - that her handbag was left behind. Now it's reported that her bag and wallet were never found. Financial records don't report any suspicious activity - however it's not made clear if either of their bank accounts or debit/credit cards showed any activity after they went missing. I presume not, but the inactivity of either of them attempting to access money over the past month is suspicious in itself. If there were no big withdrawals or purchases before they went missing that indicates suspicious activity to authorities, surely their stagnant accounts would indicate that they did not go missing voluntarily, unless they lived a cash only lifestyle. It's confirmed that Audrey's car had gas and was running fine, which further indicates that someone purposefully abounded the car. None of their friends and family down the 10 towards the inland empire (where the car was found) were expecting a visit from either of them and it's still not confirmed why Jon was in Brawley or with who. I am well acquainted with Jon's circle of close friends but I personally don't know ANYONE from Brawley or of anyone that moved to Brawley from the Coachella Valley that would have any degree of separation between myself and Jon. The Valley is a pretty close community and if you're a local, and especially if you went to school out here - you know EVERYONE. Even if you think you're meeting someone new, after a 5 minute conversation you realize that you either have mutual friends or know a family member, went to the same school etc.. so it's extremely ODD that no body - not even his close friends - can pinpoint who in Brawley he would be out there to see. And Brawley isn't a hop skip from the Coachella Valley- it's pretty far away. there's no reason for a person from the Coachella Valley - that has an abundance of restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc- to stumble out to Brawley unless they were going for a very specific reason or to meet a person who lived out there. Again, why those "friends" wouldn't travel to the Valley to visit Jon- where there is so much more to do - makes me conclude that if he really was out there that it was because of a certain circumstance that even the ones closest to him are unaware of.

I do think it's interesting that at first it was reported a purse was found and now it wasn't but it looks like there have been various conflicting or vague reports in this case. I don't necessarily believe that they voluntarily disappeared, however, it is possible that if that is what they wanted to do, maybe they made sure to cover all grounds such as even making sure that their financial records don't give them away. Just an idea.

The car for me is the biggest red herring in all of it. The Mcstay's vehicle was abandoned 160 miles in the opposite direction of where they were located. AM's car was heading west bound, and also like the Mcstay's, found days later. The opposite direction has Brawley, Salton Sea and Anza Borrego which is also a massive area to lose someone. The one thing that makes it convoluted is the scent(s) found outside the vehicle.

Ya I can see the possibility of leaving the car in the opposite direction or in a different direction/location to throw people off. It would be rather obvious to leave the car near where they actually may be. Is it possible that whoever drove the car removed some of their belongings left behind in the car and put them in another car? I believe belongings have been considered before on here and I am not sure how much a scent that may leave behind but again just an idea.

I do think it's interesting that at first it was reported a purse was found and now it wasn't but it looks like there have been various conflicting or vague reports in this case. I don't necessarily believe that they voluntarily disappeared, however, it is possible that if that is what they wanted to do, maybe they made sure to cover all grounds such as even making sure that their financial records don't give them away. Just an idea.

With so little being known, it's hard to rule out any possibility. From what I know, they both were working young people, yet from the jobs they worked, it seems hard for me to believe that they had some lump sum of mattress money that allowed them to leave their lives behind without accessing any of the traceable money in their accounts, cards, etc. unless they had unreported income from any extracurricular affairs that allowed them to dip out without LE being able to track any suspicious activity from their banks -which is entirely possible- but I find it more likely that if there has been no big withdrawals, then they weren't expecting to leave town, and if they haven't accessed any accounts, it's because they are unable to.

With so little being known, it's hard to rule out any possibility. From what I know, they both were working young people, yet from the jobs they worked, it seems hard for me to believe that they had some lump sum of mattress money that allowed them to leave their lives behind without accessing any of the traceable money in their accounts, cards, etc. unless they had unreported income from any extracurricular affairs that allowed them to dip out without LE being able to track any suspicious activity from their banks -which is entirely possible- but I find it more likely that if there has been no big withdrawals, then they weren't expecting to leave town, and if they haven't accessed any accounts, it's because they are unable to.

I'd like to know if JR had and used a bank/credit card that day and where it was used. I can't quite recall but didn't LE determine that he for sure went to Brawley?

the last pings from AMs phone were from Indio and Coachella the night they disappeared. That would fit in the train of thought that they could of ended up east in or past the valley, then the phones were turned off and the car was driven west. I completely agree with you regarding the scents- but as we know these were not blood or cadaver dogs they were only scent dogs, so there is some room to speculate that just because their scent was picked up doesn't mean the were physically there.

I'd like to know if JR had and used a bank/credit card that day and where it was used. I can't quite recall but didn't LE determine that he for sure went to Brawley?

It's mind blowing how few developments there have been. It's not just one person, it's two which means twice the info!

I also feel like there have been simple things that should be fairly easy to confirm that haven't been. I.e the Brawley visit / brawley friends etc.

Hoping LE is sitting on a gold mind of information....

According to the timeline The Desert Sun reported on yesterday, it is still being confirmed if JR was actually in Brawley.

Today I thought I saw Jon working at a car wash. Looked and dressed like him. Did a double take to check for tattoos. Of course, there was none. I think about this couple several times a day. Such a sad case.

[h=1]Missing Coachella Valley couple: Everything we know about the investigation and their disappearance[/h]
  • Audrey Moran, 26, left her sister's Coachella home May 10. She said she was going to pick up her boyfriend, Jonathan Reynoso, 28, who was returning from Brawley.
  • Moran claimed she was going to give Reynoso a ride to his Palm Desert home
  • That night, the sister received a photo of the couple at Reynoso's home, but police say it was an older picture.
  • Moran drove a 2010 GMC Terrain SUV, which police found May 12. It was parked along westbound Interstate 10, west of Oak Valley Parkway in Beaumont.
<Snip>
More at link: http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2017/06/22/jonathan-reynoso-audrey-moran/407081001/

Today I thought I saw Jon working at a car wash. Looked and dressed like him. Did a double take to check for tattoos. Of course, there was none. I think about this couple several times a day. Such a sad case.

Thanks for taking the time to double check. It's good to know that there are locals on the lookout.

<modsnip> I read somewhere that he had a roommate and he was the last to see Jon before he left to Brawley. But it has't been confirmed is he was in Brawley to begin with. The picture that was sent to Audrey's sister was of Jon & Audrey at JONS HOME. Could it have possibly been a hint?

I find it strange they still have not been able to confirm if Jonathan was in Brawley. This case has me baffled.

Did remember seeing Audrey worked at a storage facility? Could she possibly have seen or learned of something she shouldn't have?

Hmmm. I hope the storage facility in Palm Desert has been searched. And yes, I watch too much Forensic Files ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08