Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring a friend to the park at 11:30...
Have to tinkle so go use the facilities...
Exit the restroom and your "high school buddy" is nowhere to be found...
Leave immediately...
Return 4+ hours later on a whim...

Makes sense...right? ;-)

I thought restrooms were locked in the evenings?
I know they are at my city parks

[QUOTE the reporter states the parents located the friend he left with by accessing his Snapchat[/QUOTE]
So how did they access his Snapchat? A secondary device-maybe an iPad, since he was using a borrowed phone? Chats erase once you read them, so maybe the friend snapped to Blaze trying to pick him up or asking him where he was, and it remained unread until his parents opened it on his logged-in account on the iPad?

While the family's address has not been publicly reported [which is odd], I will not post it here.
Using information that has been publicly reported, it is easy to find the address.

I'd encourage folks to view that location on Google Maps streetview because it will show that:
- The family does not live on a large estate,
- The homes are very close to each other
- The driveways are barely long enough for one car to park.

I mention this only to say that if someone is driving up to the house, you or your neighbors would very likely take notice.

but the friend may not have driven up to the house. ...they probably met up out on the street, so no one would hear...

I noticed this and it is weird to me. Someone makes a page named HUFBB but they don't want anyone to search, ask questions or makes suggestions. There are a handful of family representatives that firmly ask commenters to quit basically speaking and they are confident that LE knows much more than everyone commenting.

If LE and the family know everything that they need know and don't want community feedback or support then what is the point of going public with this story? Why create the facebook page? Why do news interviews?

It doesn't make any sense to me.

call it a hunch but I'd bet the "high school buddy" leads an alternative lifestyle..
Blaze could be held against his will by the 3rd party.

call it a hunch but I'd bet the "high school buddy" leads an alternative lifestyle..
Blaze could be held against his will by the 3rd party.

So the "high school buddy" (who is between 18-22 years old), who appears to have been somewhat cooperative, if not completely cooperative is holding him captive somewhere?

Being a gay male, I find your comment beyond ignorant... But must ask: Is your kidnapping theory predicated on your assumption that "the high school buddy leads an alternative lifestyle"?

So the "high school buddy" (who is between 18-22 years old), who appears to have been somewhat cooperative, if not completely cooperative is holding him captive somewhere?

Being a gay male, I find your comment beyond ignorant... But must ask: Is your kidnapping theory predicated on your assumption that "the high school buddy leads an alternative lifestyle"?

Could the third party she's referring to be the so called mutual friend Blaze was going to meet in the woods and not the friend that drove him?

As most of these cases the family is not releasing all the information to the public as stated on the Find Blaze Bernstein FB Page. Which is understandable and their right and perhaps not to jeopardize the investigation.

"I understand that people are frustrated over not getting the full story, but, out of respect for Blaze’s family and friends, please stop speculating. If we needed to know certain details the family or police would’ve released them. THIS SITUATION IS NOT ABOUT US. Please stay away from making judgements on people you don’t know and a situation you don’t know the full details of. Also, please try to not create events or search parties without talking to the family or the sheriff’s department first. It’s a nice gesture, but we are here to support the family in what they say they need and it could interfere with the investigation. It’s easy to get caught up when there is a media frenzy surrounding this, leading many to objectify the people involved and causing people to see the situation as a spectacle or a TV show rather than something awful that has happened to a singular person and his family and friends. But please, I’m the midst of all of this, remember that this is real life and this is a real situation and real people are involved. Please stay respectful of that. I know some of Blaze’s friends and even the well-meaning comments and posts on this page have been very hurtful. First and foremost this is a group dedicated to supporting Blaze’s family and friends. It is not here for theories or criticisms of the situation or parties involved. It is not here for us."

As most of these cases the family is not releasing all the information to the public as stated on the Find Blaze Bernstein FB Page. Which is understandable and their right and perhaps not to jeopardize the investigation.

"I understand that people are frustrated over not getting the full story, but, out of respect for Blaze’s family and friends, please stop speculating. If we needed to know certain details the family or police would’ve released them. THIS SITUATION IS NOT ABOUT US. Please stay away from making judgements on people you don’t know and a situation you don’t know the full details of. Also, please try to not create events or search parties without talking to the family or the sheriff’s department first. It’s a nice gesture, but we are here to support the family in what they say they need and it could interfere with the investigation. It’s easy to get caught up when there is a media frenzy surrounding this, leading many to objectify the people involved and causing people to see the situation as a spectacle or a TV show rather than something awful that has happened to a singular person and his family and friends. But please, I’m the midst of all of this, remember that this is real life and this is a real situation and real people are involved. Please stay respectful of that. I know some of Blaze’s friends and even the well-meaning comments and posts on this page have been very hurtful. First and foremost this is a group dedicated to supporting Blaze’s family and friends. It is not here for theories or criticisms of the situation or parties involved. It is not here for us."

This was not posted by a family member or a page administrator, if I understand correctly. I could have gone there and written that.

There is zero purpose to the HUFBB group. They don't want any ideas or discussion. There's nothing productive. I hope someone finally convinces them to convert it to a page instead. Or just convert it to a prayer group.

Disclaimer: Just brainstorming a possible scenario. I'm not saying this is what happened or that I'm committed to this theory. I also apologize ahead of time if these suggestions are painful and disturbing. I mean well.

Hypothetically, if the driver/no-park scenario holds, and if (I'm sorry) the Big Tujunga Rd. victim is BB, then I think this would be a hate crime perpetrated by at least two people. Hypothetically...

1. There were two criminals.

2. Two vehicles, at least 1 of them stolen.

3. The criminals had throwaway phones.

4. Person #1 picked up BB in Car #1, the stolen vehicle, and went straight to the highway.

5. Person #2 met up with #1 later, elsewhere.

6. Car #1 would be the crime scene, abandoned on Big Tujune Rd and burned with throwaway phones inside.

7. Both criminals left Big Tujune Rd. in Car #2.

I think it's possible no info has been published because evidence has been very difficult to gather. There wouldn't be much useful video surveillance footage, and evidence in the burned vehicle would present major processing challenges.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

But if you couldn't get a hold of him, wouldn't you at least call the parents house or visit their home, to make sure he's ok?

Yes, you're right, we did silly things at 19, but we never left a friend alone in a dark park. Sorry but that doesn't wash with me. If my friend didn't come out, and they were supposed to by a certain time, and they didn't answer my texts, I would have either called his parents house to see if he got home or the cops.

That would depend on the reasoning of meeting up at the park in the first place. And just because * you* would've acted differently, it doesn't mean driver friend is guilty.

We're still talking about young adults here. They don't have full sense of awareness we older adults do.

I agree, it should be looked at but I also understand his friends feelings. Gay hook-up culture has a bad rap, it's considered a sort of stain on the community, not something that is publicly discussed because of how it can be manipulated and feed the narrative of the bigots and homophobes who want to paint us as sex crazed fiends. Some people are embarassed by it, especially younger gay kids so they tend to pretend it doesn't happen or if they do acknowledge it then it's one of those things where it's other people do it but not them. It's all a very strange dynamic and kind of hard to explain without writing an essay.

I read that and I think there is a difference between the public wanting answers and the public trying to help with suggestions. It seems that any time someone makes a suggestion they are attacked for being insensitive to the family's feelings. I have not seen anyone post anything vicious or degrading. It seems that a lot of people are concerned for Blaze and want help.

If they not want the community involvement then maybe you can shut down the favebook page dedicated to finding their son? I am not sure what their intention with that page was. Or maybe they can just post updates but turn off the commenting option.

I understand that everyone behaves different but his parents seemed very calm and put together in their interview. Unless they are amazing actors I don't think they believe that their son is dead.

With all due respect, that’s a ridiculous thing for someone to post, and completely unrealistic. They should have made it a PAGE and not a GROUP. Or they should just post updates and turn off commenting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet it was reported he was using a borrowed phone for the past week, just call me confused.

jmo...but maybe he was using a trac phone...I would imagine those are hard to trace, if at all.
And, plus , with trac phones you have to buy minutes to use it. Perhaps the phone ran out of mins, hence not being able to make contact or track gps. ( which i don't think u can do anyway )

The entire park story can very well be fiction. Maybe he never even drove him there.

I think the reason there's so much conflict on the HUFFBB site is because it's new and there's no real structure or rules of etiquette to facilitate constructive discussion. WS works because it's long-established, there are very clear guidelines for exchange, participation is monitored, and most importantly, we are a victim-friendly community.

HUFBB exists in the form it does because that's the very best the family can do at this point, especially on their limited resources. I don't blame them at all and wish they had a team of people like WS's to help them. Unfortunately, they don't, and the social-media-monster will corrupt a good thing every time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Story changed a few times but last was he went to the restroom and Blaze was gone. He said he returned at 4am. Why have the guy take him 5min away from his house. Why not just walk its only a 10 min walk to only leave him there.

I'm not buying this story at all. I know OCSD quite well I can bet you they are not buying his story either. I'm sure he is under intense interrogation and surveillance until he gives up where he is or where he left him. Hence why his name has not been released.

Who know maybe the guy never took him to the park in the first place. LE and family are keeping quiet.

Maybe high school friend was called to get drugs for Blaze. He meets with friend in park and overdoses or runs away with friend. Just thinking out loud! Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is zero purpose to the HUFBB group. They don't want any ideas or discussion. There's nothing productive. I hope someone finally convinces them to convert it to a page instead. Or just convert it to a prayer group.

They all end up this way, though. It is why I rarely go look at them. I think the majority of people who have a family member go missing are not at all prepared for the onslaught of different types of comments they are going to get, and are not prepared for any bit of negativity or questioning at all. Most of them don't hang out here at WS :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member