Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since LE said that they don't think it was premeditated I'm thinking that strangling is most likely way the way that he died. I don't see a knife or gun being involved. If he was choked the killer's tissue/blood may have been found under his nails.

rbbm

Do you have a link substantiating this? If one was posted, I must have missed it. :)

Since LE said that they don't think it was premeditated I'm thinking that strangling is most likely way the way that he died. I don't see a knife or gun being involved. If he was choked the killer's tissue/blood may have been found under his nails.

bbm I have not seen this anywhere. Do you have a link?

194 guests reading Blaze's thread!
Come on, sign up! Grab a username and join us, please.

rbbm

Do you have a link substantiating this? If one was posted, I must have missed it. :)

I'm glad you asked! I read this post on thread #3 this morning: "Just watched KTLA news. The reporter was at OCSD headquarters in Santa Ana. He felt strongly there will be a break in the case today. Also that investigators don’t believe this was premeditated. Of course he talked about the friend. The reporter also mentioned there were 3 search warrants served.
I will post a link as soon as it is available."

But I just went back and don't see that a link was ever posted... Does anyone know anything about this KTLA report?

I'm glad you asked! I read this post on thread #3 this morning: "Just watched KTLA news. The reporter was at OCSD headquarters in Santa Ana. He felt strongly there will be a break in the case today. Also that investigators don’t believe this was premeditated. Of course he talked about the friend. The reporter also mentioned there were 3 search warrants served.
I will post a link as soon as it is available."

But I just went back and don't see that a link was ever posted... Does anyone know anything about this KTLA report?

This one? Video at bottom of article: http://ktla.com/2018/01/11/document-reveals-new-details-in-blaze-bernstein-death-investigation/

I doubt this was a planned crime...surely a better story would be at hand, if indeed the driver is the perp and he had premeditation. And didn’t Blaze allegedly call this person to ask for the ride? So it seems unlikely the perp planned to pick him up and then kill him. We can’t know as of yet if this wasn’t some sort of consensual act gone wrong (it does happen)or an argument that turned physical. And it would not be the first time that an unplanned or even accidental death resulted in stupid, hasty attempts to hide the body rather than explain. There have been plenty of drug overdoses, for example, where companions have hidden bodies or fled scenes rather than say what happened and take their chances.

Not to say THIS was about drugs,
I doubt it very much.
Jmo

This park is not far from where my relatives lived. Wonder if his family will be able to stay after this.......?? Dreadful.

Wow, a lot of visitors on this thread. No doubt a lot of classmates and friends of Blaze desperately looking for answers; to make sense of this. Sending love to all of you. Our purpose is to research and offer theories, send tips if we uncover anything material. And of course, to provide support and prayers.

Sending all of you grieving deep felt condolences.
Trust that LE will resolve the why....
God Bless

According to this article, if accurate, there is blood evidence:

Crime lab expedites blood evidence in the Blaze Bernstein death

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...-blood-evidence-in-the-blaze-bernstein-death/
I'm going to take the OCRegister as being right about the blood evidence-they have the affidavit in hand, and have been pretty careful about their wording so far. I know that the press plays their version of the old telephone game and details get muddied on the regular. Rumors become facts in the hands of some reporters-suppositions become quotes. But I'm going with this one as truth.

Oh my :( So not strangled. Stabbed? Shot?

Poor Blaze :tears:
The "friend" had scratches around his hands. This could have been a result of a struggle. There could have been skin or blood under Blaze's fingernails.

I wonder if the large plastic bin in the rental car could have been part of a plan to remove the body from the park after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The "friend" had scratches around his hands. This could have been a result of a struggle. There could have been skin or blood under Blaze's fingernails.

I wonder if the large plastic bin in the rental car could have been part of a plan to remove the body from the park after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think the plastic bin had nothing to do with it and was probably just there for something else. I don't think this is going to end up being that complicated. Probably past lovers meeting back up on school break and something went wrong/got out of hand. I don't necessarily think there was any pre-meditation or luring that happened. Just sudden rage for whatever reason, but I think it was related to a romantic relationship between the two.

I think these 2 acquaintances started chatting on snap chat, agreed to meet, friend picked BB up and they headed to the parking lot of Hobby Lobby. (Has there been and surveillance video that backs this up?) Decided they needed some more privacy. Blaze suggested the park, I'm guessing the friend didn't know this park. It isn't on a major street, no signage, etc. Went to the darkest part of the park, something went wrong. Friend changes his mind, got disgusted with himself, angry with BB and strangled him. Drug his body to the closest bushes and found the drain pipe but it was bolted closed. He left, went and got a wrench, things to clean up a bit and something to mask the scent maybe? And went back to the park at 3:40 like he said he did to hide BB's body better.

The only other logical conclusion is that the friend knew the park and knew it well enough to know the drain pipe was there and this was premeditated. But I doubt someone from Newport Beach knew of this park.

In either case, I think the attack happened in the park, in that back corner. I can't imagine someone carrying/dragging someone the length of this park.

My deepest prayer is that these parents get clear answers as to what happened to their son. And that there is complete justice for BB.

Blood evidence could mean tox screen, no?

I don't think so because it says blood found at the scene.

ETA: the earlier report said "evidence found at the scene", this one says "blood evidence gathered", so maybe you're right and this means blood samples from Blaze. :dunno:

Blood evidence could also be from a bloody nose, a split lip, just drops on the ground. If he was beat around the face (so sorry) that could also contribute to him being unrecognizable. Doesn't necessarily mean shooting or stabbing.
I also wonder about fingernail scrapings from both Blaze AND the driver as well as dirt analysis from driver.

This park is not far from where my relatives lived. Wonder if his family will be able to stay after this.......?? Dreadful.

This particular neighborhood is more gossipy than others. Doubtful they’d want to stay but I’m sure they are sitting some big equity...might be hard to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader