CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BH's daughter's explanation of the sheets.

Initially PPD's missing persons did not respond to multiple phone calls the morning of the 28th. Later that afternoon my sister came down from the mountains to watch for Dad to hopefully return and help him get special touches finished before Fontelle's arrival the next day. One example is that she had Dad buy new sheets the week before for this special occasion and he was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off the bed and have a nice new matching set on so it would be extra special for Fontelle.

http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5759&start=240

BBM~~~

Daughter R doesn't miss a chance to take a "cheap" shot at her missing father.

Yeah, why the big secret about what the home repairs were? It's a very simple question. Was he:

• Fixing a leaking roof
  • Painting walls
  • Fixing a walkway
  • Installing new windows
  • Other

Post from daughter R:

What I've been told is that, in the morning, he bought a soda and Dad had him working on several different small repair projects.
Later in the afternoon he went to Home Depot for supplies and that receipt was taken by PPD to show where he had been and when. PPD was able to view store video and verify his statement. I never heard that he went any other places.

When he returned and found the housekeeper waiting, he looked around inside the house for Dad, and let her in to clean, figuring Dad would return any time. While the housekeeper was doing her job, he continued working on projects until she was done, wrote Dad a note, and headed home.
That's all I know.

What I've been told.....Who told her?

That's all I know............Oh and JeM was working on "small projects".

http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5759&start=630

I am confused, after reading at other forums about BH's disappearance. On this other forum, it sounds like the barber lady is the prime suspect, with many pointed barbs directed at the new wife (FH).
I thought the BL had been cleared and had a solid alibi?
I am confused.
I know you all have talked about it a lot already, but if someone could direct me to some links or a specific thread/set of posts on WS to learn more about the BL's role, and if she is still a POI or not, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Sure, Georgiajean -- please check out the articles linked below (respectfully snipped):

Just to refresh every one-Georgia's hairdresser provided a solid alibi to PPD for both herself and her family. We know that this was not a crime perpetrated by a stranger, we know that the person last known to be with Bob by his own admission was not Georgia's hairdresser and we have the words of Colleen Loomis an esteemed member of PPD stating repeatedly that Georgia's hairdresser was cleared of involvement in the murder of Robert Merle Harrod.

Links:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html
Police have cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/4
The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi.

So, if we keep in mind that the so-called 'BL' has been cleared -- note, she is not just 'not a suspect' and not just 'not a POI'...she has been cleared -- why do Bob's daughters keep implicating her? Why, right from the start, did his SiL report (through family members, I guess) seeing a vehicle they assumed to be the 'BL's? Was this premeditation with respect to creating a scapegoat, distracting LE, or sowing seeds of doubt about what really happened?

Sure, Georgiajean -- please check out the articles linked below (respectfully snipped):

So, if we keep in mind that the so-called 'BL' has been cleared -- note, she is not just 'not a suspect' and not just 'not a POI'...she has been cleared -- why do Bob's daughters keep implicating her? Why, right from the start, did his SiL report (through family members, I guess) seeing a vehicle they assumed to be the 'BL's? Was this premeditation with respect to creating a scapegoat, distracting LE, or sowing seeds of doubt about what really happened?

Thank you. I read both articles.
So the BL and her famiy have been cleared. The daughters are not suspects, if I read correctly. And "SIL's story checks out" is the phrasing used for him.
Did I get that right?.

So the BL and her famiy have been cleared. The daughters are not suspects, if I read correctly. And "SIL's story checks out" is the phrasing used for him.
Did I get that right?.

In a recent court filing all three daughters, the SIL and the grandson are named POI's in a homicide investigation.

ETA: I'm trying to find a link to the motion and am having no luck. Help anyone?
Off to look some more.

Did I get that right?.

Yes -- and I would read that as follows:

First, the BL and family have been cleared.

The daughters have not been named as suspects, but let us keep in mind that LE and the media use the term 'suspects' very carefully (at least since, I guess, Richard Jewell). LE has no obligation to specify who suspects are. So, it likely doesn't mean very much to say that they are not formally designated as suspects. (It does not mean, for instance, that LE is not investigating them or members of their family.) Not being called suspects does not mean that they are cleared.

And as for JM's story checking out: I believe that means that he has a receipt from the hardware store and that perhaps PPD has corroborated that he was there with witness statements or video evidence. I do not think that his story checking out means that he has been cleared -- there was, evidently, much time that day that he and Bob could have been (alas) alone.

In a recent court filing all three daughters, the SIL and the grandson are named POI's in a homicide investigation.

ETA: I'm trying to find a link to the motion and am having no luck. Help anyone?
Off to look some more.

I had forgotten all about that.
Thank you for refreshing that information. It was posted back in December if I recall correctly?

Hypothetical conversation on Tuesday, July 28, 2009:

Person #1: Honey, I know you saw that black vehicle drive slowly by Dad’s house yesterday, there’s been no sign of him, and Fontelle filed a missing person report last night after the police did the welfare check. This morning I called all of the local hospitals and coroner’s office, and I emailed them photos and Dad’s information and they will send out a blast fax to hospitals and other institutions. In the meantime, I’m going dth to watch for Dad to hopefully return and to make sure he put those new sheets on the bed that he bought last week. He was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off and have a nice new matching set on it so it would be extra special for Fontelle.

Person #2: Ok, well I was going to return today to do more work for Bob, but since he hasn’t been answering his phone, I’m not going.

That was just too funny. I think that under the stress of the situation, a lot of really bad ideas, really dumb stories, really preposterous courses of action were embraced quite quickly, and my guess as to the reason would be that the architect of this event, so to speak, is not well balanced.

Thank you for refreshing that information. It was posted back in December if I recall correctly?

I believe so. I found the link. It's at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

I think you can find the document you're asking about here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Please note -- if you are new to this case and would like to see some legal documents that capture the salient issues at play, I highly recommend viewing the document attached to the post linked above.

Thanks for bringing the link over. I've been struggling with copy and paste for five minutes!

I think you can find the document you're asking about here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Please note -- if you are new to this case and would like to see some legal documents that capture the salient issues at play, I highly recommend viewing the document attached to the post linked above.

Definitely important viewing.
I read it when it was first posted--it is what got me interested in this case. So I've been watching for the last couple months mostly. I just got a bit confused by the different take on things on another forum. Quite different than my understanding, from reading MSM and the court docs. So I was trying to figure out where I got lost!
Thanks much

Hypothetical conversation on Tuesday, July 28, 2009:

Person #1: Honey, I know you saw that black vehicle drive slowly by Dad’s house yesterday, there’s been no sign of him, and Fontelle filed a missing person report last night after the police did the welfare check. This morning I called all of the local hospitals and coroner’s office, and I emailed them photos and Dad’s information and they will send out a blast fax to hospitals and other institutions. In the meantime, I’m going dth to watch for Dad to hopefully return and to make sure he put those new sheets on the bed that he bought last week. He was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off and have a nice new matching set on it so it would be extra special for Fontelle.

Person #2: Ok, well I was going to return today to do more work for Bob, but since he hasn’t been answering his phone, I’m not going.

Thanks CJ, it really shows how ludicrous this whole story is.

Did I get that right?.

Yes...SIL has a time-stamped receipt showing he was at Home Depot at 3:04pm.

So SIL can account for a small amount of the day Mr. Harrod disappeared while SIL was at the house doing "small repair projects".

[snipped]
Some examples of the moving timeline. Add to these what is in the police report.

The SIL's Home Depot receipt is stamped at 3:04 pm.
__________________________________________________ ___

July 28, 2009~~ Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm and says that her father has been missing for about 28 hours. That would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at about 10:00 am on July 27, 2009.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

This is important and post has since been removed. I don't know if she posted this from her house or from Bob's house, but she didn't post that her father was missing since yesterday, yesterday afternoon, etc., she posted at 1:50PM local time "My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago," which as you pointed out, would be about 10AM local time. And she also posted "We suspect foul play." Yet her husband didn't go back to Bob's house with her.

Daughter R posted that her Dad may have had another pair of glasses, which she saw in a fairly recent photo of him.

Wonder why this information and photo have not been made public.

I don't believe such a picture with another pair of glasses exists, IMO. If such a picture existed, it could be easily posted on the Facebook page she controls to "find Bob."

This is important and post has since been removed. I don't know if she posted this from her house or from Bob's house, but she didn't post that her father was missing since yesterday, yesterday afternoon, etc., she posted at 1:50PM local time "My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago," which as you pointed out, would be about 10AM local time. And she also posted "We suspect foul play." Yet her husband didn't go back to Bob's house with her.

Yes this is important. JuM's post is very specific about the time. We know SIL arrived around 9:30am. So according to SIL's wife, Mr. Harrod went missing shortly after the arrival of her husband. JuM puts the time at approximately 10am.

Perhaps hubby JeM did not accompany his wife DTH because they both knew she was not in any danger. It would be interesting to know the exact time JuM arrived at her father's house on July 28, 2009.

Post from JuM on ROTW (since removed):

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 01:50 PM

Plea for Positive Thoughts and Prayers - My dad is missing

I need to request positive thoughts and prayers. My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago. We suspect foul play, but want 1o remain as positive; his new wife will be arriving with her belongings tomorrow. My father's name is Robert Harrod in Placentia; his new wife Fontelle Heeter-Harrod is just besides herself, please pray for his safe return.

Regarding daughter J's post on ROTW at 1:50PM local time on Tuesday, July 28, 2009. Was it really done as a "Plea for Positive Thoughts and Prayers," or was there some other reason for it, e.g., a cover. Maybe it seemed like a good idea at the time but then later when the timeline needed to shift due to timestamp on Home Depot receipt, not so much. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB