CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the SUVs tracks down the mountain its impossible someone pushed it. The tracks go in a straight line and based on the terrain which was very uneven if no one was inside the car would have gone either left or right depending on which side his cars wheel alignment favors more. Someone definitely was inside holding the wheel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

here is the quote about holding the wheel ~ Amanda wrote it

Could anyone do a search for the person who offered up there sedan? I can't search from my phone and I need to get in contact with them.

Gosh a wish a guy would volunteer!! I'm only getting female hits and I just feel like 4 girls in a unfamiliar town isn't the best idea. Just having a guy there might help aid in our safety.

Riverking can't go grrr.

Post 848 of Thread #5 is where you answered her if that helps.

If I had rolled my car at 19 (which I did) and looked up to see a bunch of sheriffs lined up and waiting to get into the park, and a couple of highway patrol cars, and an ambulance, I'd have definitely gone in the opposite direction as fast as I could go, and I would be staying out of sight if I could. I'd be sure they were coming for me, especially if I had a buzz or some thing I shouldn't be associated with under the circumstances, but even if I was stone cold sober.

Just saying.

Okay, ready for my new theory? ;) In case we don't have enough yet :blushing: Just could offer a new area to search around Castaic.
Reasoning: I traced a path, backtracking from where the scent trail ended, trying to think like a 19-year-old who doesn't want to be seen at that moment, backing away from the arrivals, etc. I would try to get to higher ground to keep an eye on the sheriff vehicles now crowding up around where the SUV was left.... so here goes one theory which I felt compelled to share, for the searchers:
It seems very, very possible that Bryce backtracked on that scent trail (where it ended just past the rec area) to avoid being seen by all of the people arriving, et al. So he now travels up on the left (west) side of the pump trough - basically following the path that the Ironman runners follow. Until he branches left to get to higher ground. He has probably seen the sheriff cars arriving. He goes up Pine Ridge Road toward the water tower up there, for a better view from a safe distance. Maybe even tried to climb it to get a better view. In any event, I've attached three images, 2 from Google Earth, and one from Ironman, for the area that I believe should be searched, IMO ;) This is a great vantage point for someone wanting to look out over the lake... It's just about perfect for keeping an eye on LE, the tow truck, everything. I hope this helps...
View #1
View #2
View #3
Keep the ideas and research coming, and thank you to all of those who are able to get out to Buttonwillow... be safe!

@ Amanda - If you are able to speak with Christian, the roadside service man, ask him if he noticed any major damage to the exterior of the SUV. TIA

Could anyone do a search for the person who offered up there sedan? I can't search from my phone and I need to get in contact with them.

Gosh a wish a guy would volunteer!! I'm only getting female hits and I just feel like 4 girls in a unfamiliar town isn't the best idea. Just having a guy there might help aid in our safety.

Riverking can't go grrr.

Amanda: I sent you a PM with my contact info. Unfortunately I'm not a guy and I couldn't get my husband on board for the adventure :(

His last texts to his roommate were "you saved my soul" with his roommate texting back about how beautiful his life is and to not waste it. He breaks up with his GF after multiple attempts. All signs to me point that he was suicidal.

When I read it in the context as you wrote it, I think he was unhappy with GF and somehow convinced him that life was too short to spend time in a relationship that isn't good for you.

Riverking can't go grrr.

4's a whole lot better than 1 safety wise... girl power! Thank you again for doing this. Be cautious but I bet you'll be fine.

4's a whole lot better than 1 safety wise... girl power! Thank you again for doing this. Be cautious but I bet you'll be fine.
Does anyone know when she is planning on making the trip?

Does anyone know when she is planning on making the trip?

Last I saw on here was Saturday or Sunday depending on what was best for everyone. I think Plan A was Saturday.

And I definitely do NOT think he pushed the car down, but that it could have rolled away from him under the right circumstances. The dog scent search path that dragracerz posted show that the dogs DID trace him up the hill, BTWhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9891328&postcount=350
Snipped by me.

I have to go back and find this post, but someone questioned dragracerz on that point, that the pic he presented showed the dog's path from the tower to the car, and dragracerz came back and said that he had mistakenly added that part in, that the dogs definitely started the track at the crash site not at the antennae tower.

Still 2% unsure? LOL. j/k

Oops, guess RoseGarden already covered what I put in the above post. Guess I should read to the end before I post.

This mystery is what nightmares are made of. I feel so helpless, and don't even have any ideas for the family. Prayer is all I can add.

Please Bryce, if you can see this, join Websleuths, send a message to your family to let them know you're OK, or that you want to be left alone, or if you're afraid, tell them! Give a detail that they will know it's you posting to them. Oh Bryce, you have so much love awaiting you at home. So many people who know you, and respect you. And so many strangers that are wishing the best for you.

I would really love to be on the adventure to Buttonwillow. I've thought about going up there several times. However, this weekend and next I can't do it because of family committments. Come from a super large family and there is always something going on.

I wish you girls luck, be careful and maybe I can go on the next one. I can't wait for your reports back to us. Thank all of you for doing this. :)

I can definitely go Sunday. Did you receive my PM?

I did! Thanks that's great. Seeing if I can get the other 2 on board for then. Anthony can you go Sunday by chance?

OK so maybe we all can work on the route to take and what should be done in Buttonwillow? I don't want to kick myself later.

I do know that either a homeless person, crack head, or street walker will be my best bet for gathering intel since they spend so much time in the streets.

I feel like I might get in trouble for saying this but should I attempt payoffs if I feel its necessary or bad idea?

I'd still love to see what the area would look like just before sunrise. I know you all are going further north, but if any locals can get out to the crash site and video what Bryce would have seen at 4:30-5:30 am that would be great! I think if we all had a sense of what Bryce could have seen in the dark it would give us a better idea of his thought process post accident.

I would really love to be on the adventure to Buttonwillow. I've thought about going up there several times. However, this weekend and next I can't do it because of family committments. Come from a super large family and there is always something going on.

I wish you girls luck, be careful and maybe I can go on the next one. I can't wait for your reports back to us. Thank all of you for doing this. :)

I too have considered driving down there myself, though I am quite a ways north :lol: if I can get out of commitments I just might go. Would be a week from now though. I sure hope Bryce turns up before next week, I can imagine what his family is going through right now :(

I'd still love to see what the area would look like just before sunrise. I know you all are going further north, but if any locals can get out to the crash site and video what Bryce would have seen at 4:30-5:30 am that would be great! I think if we all had a sense of what Bryce could have seen in the dark it would give us a better idea of his thought process post accident.

I have night time pics that aren't wonderful but they aren't from 5am just after dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member