CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to note my own thoughts

I think we cannot assume how much blood he was bleeding because he could have used his shirt to control bleeding. I remember the LE said he took something from his bag, he could have taken more clothing.

Also I know if I was in a crash and bleeding I would either want to stay with the vehicle or go get cleaned up, but maybe that is just me. I would be curious if he saw the water from where he was standing after the crash or if he blindly made his way to the water edge by coincidence? I guess he may have known walking downhill would be towards water if it was slanted ground?

Anyways after cleaning up maybe he was headed back towards the scene of the accident or the store but being disoriented went the wrong direction. I have been lost before and it is easy to get lost in the wrong direction and when you see or hear people looking for you, in my experience I would try to catch up to them or holler and they would move on before I could get there.

What about any blood droplets leading out and away from the Toyota? Wonder if LE checked for that. If B was bleeding how/why would it stop so quickly?

OK so maybe we all can work on the route to take and what should be done in Buttonwillow? I don't want to kick myself later.

I do know that either a homeless person, crack head, or street walker will be my best bet for gathering intel since they spend so much time in the streets.

I feel like I might get in trouble for saying this but should I attempt payoffs if I feel its necessary or bad idea?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe if their information does in fact lead to Bryce. Don't do this alone as a lot of these are shady people and are ex felons on parole or probation, been arrested yada, yada yada. They also LIE and are manipulative. Please be careful. Take a canister of pepper spray. I always carry it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OK so maybe we all can work on the route to take and what should be done in Buttonwillow? I don't want to kick myself later.

I do know that either a homeless person, crack head, or street walker will be my best bet for gathering intel since they spend so much time in the streets.

I feel like I might get in trouble for saying this but should I attempt payoffs if I feel its necessary or bad idea?

it would be very helpful if you had someone with you who spoke spanish... even just a little bit.

i would start on the street where his car was found. hit the motels and try to find out if any of them have people that live there. i'd walk by stairwells and service entrances looking for smokers - staff or possible residents. same with restaurants.

i def wouldn't be flashing cash.

I would start with where we know he was at, the truck stop area, Lagoon Dr. Start with the businesses closest to that. Try to find out who worked during the time he spent there and talk to them directly. Goes without saying that you will be taking fliers, try to post as many as you can. I would also go to the rest stop north of there where he ran out of gas. You may not get any leads there but maybe post a flier or two, and just get a feel for the place. Not sure how welcome you would be in the town of Buttonwillow itself but, not guts, no glory. Don't go alone

BBM totally agreed!! I so appreciate you doing this but please, please be safe, as well.

In terms of the actual "downtown" Buttonwillow, for flyers I'd try Lucky Lotto to see if they'd be willing to put up signs. Independent store, so I bet they'd be more open to it than some others. I'd also try the racetrack, on Lerdo highway (info here http://buttonwillowraceway.com/). The motel and truck stop areas might have more useful info, but I thought these might be useful for putting up flyers if you have time.

MOO bad idea

@ Amanda

Maybe take a photo of BL's SUV in good condition, before the crash.
I haven't seen one in this case. Maybe ask L family.

Or a photo of a similar SUV make and model with that same color.
I'll see if I can find one on the internet. If others have seen one please
post for Amanda. TIA

SUV details from the LE Wellness Check transcript:
2003, Sand colored Toyota Highlander 6VXN536
http://www.ocnewsmap.com/dat/crime/laguna_niguel.html

I'm definitely with you on this. My younger brother is the same age and he has a history of getting in dumb trouble. Not drugs or anything but just stupid stuff that my parents don't approve of regardless of the fact he is just growing up and learning things the hard way.

He has a bad habit of ditching his phone when he goes somewhere he's not suppose to. Like he will say he's at place A and his phone will be at place A but he will be off in place B.

Quite a few times we weren't able to get ahold of him for quite awhile and when we tracked his phone we found his phone and not him.

He pushed away the more they pushed so I can totally see this.

My brother was the same way, got into a ton of small scale trouble... He was arrested once for climbing onto a roof at a nearby school so he could watch the nearby wildfire... Kids do weird things and he vanished once as well, but not for very long.

OK, I'm still 2% not convinced he was in the vehicle when it went down:D....FWIW when I say I'm not convinced, I mean I just leave that possibility open, not that I think it is probable. (Heck, my dad ALWAYS put the car in park except that one time.....) And I definitely do NOT think he pushed the car down, but that it could have rolled away from him under the right circumstances. The dog scent search path that dragracerz posted show that the dogs DID trace him up the hill, BTWhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9891328&postcount=350

I do, however, think he went down with the vehicle due to the blood being
on the passenger side. That makes me think he was moving around and spattered a nosebleed or small cut as he extricated himself from the car. This also makes me think it is far more likely he had a concussion, and headed towards lights and civilization.

He (DRZ) corrected that a bit later - he said he was in a hurry and drew the line accidentally from up above where the car landed. He meant to show the scent trail only from the vehicle on the lower road. Based on this, and the earlier comment about steering (right on! Wish I could find that right now) and the dozen or so tiny drops of blood that landed on the passenger door, etc. IMO it is 98% certain he was in vehicle... MOO :)

I didn't get to stop there this last trip, but my suggestion, go past Buttonwillow exit to the 262 exit 7th Standard Rd/ Rowlee Rd (just north of the rest stop area) and turn around and hit the south bound Buttonwillow rest stop area. From there, continue south and get off at exit 257 (Bakersfield 58) and turn left under the freeway, then turn left on Tracy Ave. You will see Lagoon Dr and all the hotel/motels, etc. If you feel safe enough, I'd ask the businesses if they remember seeing him. When you are done there, make sure you go back and check out the Oasis Valero, which is back under the freeway, on the right side before you get back on the freeway.

@ Amanda

Maybe take a photo of BL's SUV in good condition, before the crash.
I haven't seen one in this case. Maybe ask L family.

Or a photo of a similar SUV make and model with that same color.
I'll see if I can find one on the internet. If others have seen one please
post for Amanda. TIA

SUV details from the LE Wellness Check transcript:
2003, Sand colored Toyota Highlander 6VXN536
Here is a photo:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:01-03_Toyota_Highlander_1_--_01-13-2010.jpg

It's such a common color, though, it's hardly noticeable.

I disagree. It would've been less than 2 miles if he had just followed Lake Hughes road down to the lagoon. Way easier terrain and possible cars driving by that could have picked him up. Instead he goes the longer route, to the lake, crosses the dam, and tries to get down to the lagoon area? If you've seen the lake area in person, this does not look very approachable or feasible, let alone in the dark.

His last texts to his roommate were "you saved my soul" with his roommate texting back about how beautiful his life is and to not waste it. He breaks up with his GF after multiple attempts. All signs to me point that he was suicidal. I do think his roommate talked some sense into him, but those feelings can come back fast and furious and with a vengeance. I think he is in the lake or near the lake to finish the deed that he impulsively set out to do that night when he was having a bad night and saw the lake on his GPS. If you've seen the crash site, it does not appear to be an accident. it feels very intentional, very impulsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think your point is just as valid because at this point nothing is certain.

I just think that regardless of speculation about drug use, Bryce was probably not in a good "mental place" during this whole event.

Thus, I I present the idea that his decision-making ability was not at an all-time high for the following reasons based on what I have read.

Quite frankly who would be concerned about terrain choice and best possible route under these circumstances:

1. This started at some point with some drug even if it wasn't abuse or distribution as some have speculated.

2. He was involved in several relationship dramas at the time, possibly making life changing decisions.

3. He was driving long enough to fester about these issues before reaching castaic.

4. He ran out of gas (preoccupied)

5. He somehow rolled and totaled his car.

This chain of events alone would be more than enough to impair most individuals decision-making process, let alone drugs. Not to mention at 19 these events could seem insurmountable with less life experience.

That is why I think he was self preserving because he made it to what would seem to be a semi-logical choice to abscond.

In conclusion, it is really easy to surmise about the best route using google earth/maps with a clear mind....or even visiting the site with a defined purpose or familiarity. Logical routes do not seem to apply here IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

It never hurts to socialize over a cup of coffee....in a public place.

@ amanda

maybe take a photo of bl's suv in good condition, before the crash.
I haven't seen one in this case. Maybe ask l family.

Or a photo of a similar suv make and model with that same color.
I'll see if i can find one on the internet. If others have seen one please
post for amanda. Tia

suv details from the le wellness check transcript:
2003, sand colored toyota highlander 6vxn536

car.jpg

I disagree. It would've been less than 2 miles if he had just followed Lake Hughes road down to the lagoon. Way easier terrain and possible cars driving by that could have picked him up. Instead he goes the longer route, to the lake, crosses the dam, and tries to get down to the lagoon area? If you've seen the lake area in person, this does not look very approachable or feasible, let alone in the dark.
(Trimmed for space)
BBM. To this point, I have a strong agreement with whoever posted that Bryce at that moment after impact did not want to be seen for whatever reason. There was the possibility mentioned he could have experimented with a little bit of something, and coupled with the accident, just wanted to hightail it out of there. The best way to avoid being found immediately is to avoid the cars, traffic and anyone on the road. It makes perfect sense in that scenario that he set out on a path away from cars, traffic, eyeballs. Car tumbles, he needs some time to collect his thoughts...

Based on the scent trail "suddenly ending" I have a theory which connects to the above supposition that I'll post in little bit. Maybe giving searchers one more region to search... :moo: :)

Could anyone do a search for the person who offered up there sedan? I can't search from my phone and I need to get in contact with them.

Gosh a wish a guy would volunteer!! I'm only getting female hits and I just feel like 4 girls in a unfamiliar town isn't the best idea. Just having a guy there might help aid in our safety.

Riverking can't go grrr.

Could anyone do a search for the person who offered up there sedan? I can't search from my phone and I need to get in contact with them.

Gosh a wish a guy would volunteer!! I'm only getting female hits and I just feel like 4 girls in a unfamiliar town isn't the best idea. Just having a guy there might help aid in our safety.

Riverking can't go grrr.

Maybe it would be helpful to post a message on The Find BL Facebook page. I read people's comments on there all the time that are locals..

He (DRZ) corrected that a bit later - he said he was in a hurry and drew the line accidentally from up above where the car landed. He meant to show the scent trail only from the vehicle on the lower road. Based on this, and the earlier comment about steering (right on! Wish I could find that right now) and the dozen or so tiny drops of blood that landed on the passenger door, etc. IMO it is 98% certain he was in vehicle... MOO :)

RE: comment about steering [straight, with someone controlling the wheel otherwise SUV would have been all over the place - or some words to that effect] - I think Riverking may have made that comment based on his observations. JMO. Couldn't find anything in the bits I had picked out from DRZ' posts.

Blood:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

While in Buttonwillow I would visit all of the confirmed locations he made stops at (Shell, Oasis Valero Gas Station, as close to the address on Lagoon drive where his phone was pinged as well as the three motels in the radius of the ping of his phone,etc.)

I would print out a map and visit any locations within a certain proximity of where his car was parked on Lagoon Drive that he, having a working car, would have been likely to walk to rather than drive.

I think the rest area is a good place to visit, too. (Perhaps after you make contact with Christian, if possible so that he can direct you to exactly where his was parked, what direction was he facing, etc.) I would like to know if you have a good view of the traffic on the freeway from the rest stop parking lot. I would also like your opinion on the "feel" of the rest stop. (Some have mentioned it is similar to other rest stops while another poster stated it was slasher movie scary.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3