CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone who has knowledge on the subject: Are these dogs that track scents generally reliable? Any numbers/percentages on their success rate? Is the direction they tracked him just as reliable as the general tip LE would receive via a hotline or phone call?

he probably didn't want his parents to know he ended it. and that area of LA county id very desolate, it is pretty much desert.

I just wonder with the probability of committing suicide from all the indicators, where he did it. Where is his body? I've all but given up that it's in the lake. It's been searched several times. Where could he go, hid himself so well, and then take his life? Most people who commit suicide eventually turn up. Why would he not want his body to be found, for closure for his parents. Unless he thought it would be kinder to his parents to let them think he might be alive somewhere than to know he was gone forever? Just thinking out loud.

I may be splitting hairs here, but I feel as though the difference between those two drugs is significant (In so far as how it relates to this case). Yes, you could at the very base level say both are speed, but there are differences and I will try to explain them while tying them into the relevance of BL's case.

Adderall is generally a short(ish) acting stimulant. Generally delivering a good 4-6 hours worth of speed-esque feelings. Vyvanse is a much longer acting drug. That will generally last 12 hours, sometimes more. I with no pride and true disgust at myself can say I have experienced times where I took Vyvanse at 7 AM and at 1 AM that evening still was feeling the effects and was not able to sleep. That's a very long time to be under the influence of drugs.

This raises a few questions for me. If he had been taking these for a few days, and not sleeping, the psychosis probably would have been very tough to deal with, especially if this is something he wasn't generally experienced in. Same goes for depression. I can speak to the crippling depression and thoughts that come post-stimulant usage. I am not even referring to abusing them and staying up for days. I have taken one vyvanse early In the morning to complete a 30 page research paper, and even coming down from that was a challenge.

These drugs suck you into whatever task you are performing while time is moving a lot faster than you think. I can easily see him pulling his car over, and getting sucked into internet on his phone and burning off 12 hours at the same spot. Also, if he was trying to come down before getting home to his insanely overprotective mom, I could see him sitting there that long. The thing is though, the cops who checked on him would not have said he was sober. His pupils would be a flashing/screaming red flag that he was under the influence of amphetamines. He'd be nonstop talking and chatty, so the police, Christian, and the people talking to him on the phone would have definitely noticed something, even more so if this was their first time interacting with him under the influence of this.

We've known from day one of this case about the Vyvanse as his GF and others who were certified to be on this site gave us insight and info through PM's as well. He was coming off them as he had not slept for days so more like a crash and burn. He was acting crazy and that is why his GF and friends took away his keys, mom told her to give the keys back after speaking to Bryce. Coming off High doses of Vyvanse and/or Adderall is when the real major depression sets in.

I may be splitting hairs here, but I feel as though the difference between those two drugs is significant (In so far as how it relates to this case). Yes, you could at the very base level say both are speed, but there are differences and I will try to explain them while tying them into the relevance of BL's case.

Adderall is generally a short(ish) acting stimulant. Generally delivering a good 4-6 hours worth of speed-esque feelings. Vyvanse is a much longer acting drug. That will generally last 12 hours, sometimes more. I with no pride and true disgust at myself can say I have experienced times where I took Vyvanse at 7 AM and at 1 AM that evening still was feeling the effects and was not able to sleep. That's a very long time to be under the influence of drugs.

This raises a few questions for me. If he had been taking these for a few days, and not sleeping, the psychosis probably would have been very tough to deal with, especially if this is something he wasn't generally experienced in. Same goes for depression. I can speak to the crippling depression and thoughts that come post-stimulant usage. I am not even referring to abusing them and staying up for days. I have taken one vyvanse early In the morning to complete a 30 page research paper, and even coming down from that was a challenge.

These drugs suck you into whatever task you are performing while time is moving a lot faster than you think. I can easily see him pulling his car over, and getting sucked into internet on his phone and burning off 12 hours at the same spot. Also, if he was trying to come down before getting home to his insanely overprotective mom, I could see him sitting there that long. The thing is though, the cops who checked on him would not have said he was sober. His pupils would be a flashing/screaming red flag that he was under the influence of amphetamines. He'd be nonstop talking and chatty, so the police, Christian, and the people talking to him on the phone would have definitely noticed something, even more so if this was their first time interacting with him under the influence of this.

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with the drug(s). I've long suspected he was still feeling the effects of the Vyvanse, but don't understand why the CHP cleared him to continue driving. Could the ones in Buttonwillow not know what to look for???

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with the drug(s). I've long suspected he was still feeling the effects of the Vyvanse, but don't understand why the CHP cleared him to continue driving. Could the ones in Buttonwillow not know what to look for???

I think it helped since Bryce looks like a clean cut all american college student, who was polite to the officer and not a trouble maker that law enforcement deals with on a daily basis in BW. My ex is retired police officer unfortunately sometimes looks and politeness matters when your approached by LE.

I think it helped since Bryce looks like a clean cut all american college student, who was polite to the officer and not a trouble maker that law enforcement deals with on a daily basis in BW. My ex is retired police officer unfortunately sometimes looks and politeness matters when your approached by LE.

If they were called on a welfare concern is take extra care to make sure he was okay before releasing him .
Also , I wonder if they recorded the contact ? And if if was reviewed by investigators for any clues ?

TT

If they were called on a welfare concern is take extra care to make sure he was okay before releasing him .
Also , I wonder if they recorded the contact ? And if if was reviewed by investigators for any clues ?

TT

Well, LE obviously misjudged him or Bryce led them to believe he was Ok just like when he spoke to his mom on the phone wanting his keys back. Obviously he was not fine. He should not have been driving in the first place that's why KS and friends took his keys. Almost three years later he's still missing and is most likely no longer alive. I hope and pray he is but feel he's not.

I've been doing some reading on Vyvanse, and I'm beginning to think this whole thing was related to Bryce's use of it. Someone already posted their experience here. It seems the depression can be quite significant when you start to come down, and it's difficult to stop taking the drug then because you want that euphoric feeling back. You can also very, very easily lose track of hours doing something like surfing the web. Or sitting in a car thinking. Hallucinations are also not uncommon, along with the ability to "sober up" enough to fool people.

It all seems to fit. Even his drinking could have been an attempt to deal with the effects of the drug. His family is in my prayers. I can't imagine their pain.

I've been doing some reading on Vyvanse, and I'm beginning to think this whole thing was related to Bryce's use of it. Someone already posted their experience here. It seems the depression can be quite significant when you start to come down, and it's difficult to stop taking the drug then because you want that euphoric feeling back. You can also very, very easily lose track of hours doing something like surfing the web. Or sitting in a car thinking. Hallucinations are also not uncommon, along with the ability to "sober up" enough to fool people.

It all seems to fit. Even his drinking could have been an attempt to deal with the effects of the drug. His family is in my prayers. I can't imagine their pain.

hmmm... :thinking: you just mentioned surfing the web, and since LE have his phone (correct?) - did he do any "surfing" while sitting in Buttonwillow?

also,

:welcome6: to Plo_Koon!!

:greetings:

hmmm... :thinking: you just mentioned surfing the web, and since LE have his phone (correct?) - did he do any "surfing" while sitting in Buttonwillow?

also,

:welcome6: to Plo_Koon!!

:greetings:

I was wondering about that too.

Posted today on the Find Bryce FB page:

The Laspisa family have an opportunity to share Bryce's missing information on a billboard for two months. It will be located at the 5 freeway near Lake Hughes Road, in Castaic, CA, where Bryce went missing. This is a highly traveled route for both trucks and cars. Our hope is someone will see this billboard and can provide information to help find Bryce.

They did have billboards relatively close to when he first went missing. Nothing (obviously) came of it. I think the Billboard company Lamar (going off of memory, think that was the name) donated them to the family to use for free for several months. I remember seeing one with Bryce on it along the 91 freeway at that time. This time the family has to pay and is asking for donations.

I was wondering about that too.

I believe all we heard was that there wasn't any activity on the computer or the phone, other than what we had heard about. I assumed it meant, in relation to his phone, that there weren't any text messages or calls. Not even sure if searches on a cell phone could be pulled up back then after the search engine was closed down (?) Anyone know the answer to that?

They did have billboards relatively close to when he first went missing. Nothing (obviously) came of it. I think the Billboard company Lamar (going off of memory, think that was the name) donated them to the family to use for free for several months. I remember seeing one with Bryce on it along the 91 freeway at that time. This time the family has to pay and is asking for donations.
Okay, but I-5 is a much better choice than 91, since that's where events happened and it is much more major.

They were actually throughout Southern California including along the 5 up in that area. I just happened to see the one while traveling on the 91. It was in early October of 2013.

I believe all we heard was that there wasn't any activity on the computer or the phone, other than what we had heard about. I assumed it meant, in relation to his phone, that there weren't any text messages or calls. Not even sure if searches on a cell phone could be pulled up back then after the search engine was closed down (?) Anyone know the answer to that?

I don't know for sure and imagine it depends on the phone as well as the browser settings, but I would think that you probably can if you have the phone. At minimum they should be able to see data usage, but if they have the phone itself they can probably get into the cache and history too (at least, I know you can on my phone).

I don't know for sure and imagine it depends on the phone as well as the browser settings, but I would think that you probably can if you have the phone. At minimum they should be able to see data usage, but if they have the phone itself they can probably get into the cache and history too (at least, I know you can on my phone).

I assume you can with mine as well (iPhone). I can't remember if they said what kind of phone he had, but I assumed it was a smartphone of some sort. I was thinking about Bryce today while watching a very similar case on Disappeared (Brian Histand).

I think there is some information that is being withheld. There wasn't any clues on his phone or computer? I find that hard to believe. Kids live on their electronic devices. Is there something they don't want out there to preserve his reputation or memory? What could he have possibly needed to tell his parents? Did he owe someone money? Did he steal something? Had something happened at school that could jeopardize his standing as a student? Was he interested in some other girl or guy? If they were that close as they represented on Disappeared, none of these things seem that out there to tell your mom over the phone and a proper investigation would have uncovered them. As I said, IMO there is something they are holding back.

I think there is some information that is being withheld. There wasn't any clues on his phone or computer? I find that hard to believe. Kids live on their electronic devices. Is there something they don't want out there to preserve his reputation or memory? What could he have possibly needed to tell his parents? Did he owe someone money? Did he steal something? Had something happened at school that could jeopardize his standing as a student? Was he interested in some other girl or guy? If they were that close as they represented on Disappeared, none of these things seem that out there to tell your mom over the phone and a proper investigation would have uncovered them. As I said, IMO there is something they are holding back.

I'm with you. I don't know what I believe. Maybe his Mom made that up about having something he was going to tell her. Nothing to backup., her words only. I fully believe more was said on those conversations that was never disclosed.

I believe many mistakes were made and this could have been prevented. Plenty of red flags as friends were noticing. Obviously Bryce had inner demons he held inside he was struggling with that he didn't feel comfortable or close enough to share with his folks. Mom comes across as not wanting to accept issues that have come forth but that's only my opinion.

They waited years to late to finally go on TV. This was never on dateline, 20/20 or Nancy Grace even though we tried to get the folks to contact networks in the first few months when he went missing. I'm just scratching my head on this.

This is a weird case. It's very upsetting. I have s son who reminds me of Bryce when he was at that age so I hold this case close and dear to my heart.

I really think Bryce committed suicide. All the textbook signs were there. When someone wants to end their life they find a way to do it. My husband is a retired LE officer and has shared many suicide stories over the years. You couldn't even begin to imagine the different ways people commit suicide.

This is so sad. I hope someday there is closure for the sake of his family. Not knowing has got to be the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid