CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How canwe find the date and city of the wrecked gold Pontiac?
JAG may of been the cause of the wreck, 1 car accident getting rid of car?
That car could hold the answer to allot of questions!!!
Passion, that info is on the radio interview, but I cannot remember what was said. Later, I may listen to it again, but got to go to work now. (it's 45 min long!)

Plus, anyone have locations for all so we can see where they are all close by

I don't know how large the data base is for the following link, but it's a WOW, right at your fingertips site. Rather than dealing with the bulky Megan's Law maps, you get all the pics and information in one search.

homefacts.com

Click on the safety tab, select sex offenders, and voila, all of the offenders, addresses and pics appear. (I don't read here all the time. This may be old information for some of you.) I am impressed with the ease of this information.

This may have been reported or may be unknown, but do we know if LE looked at sex offenders for the Dec. attack in the park?
I am wondering this as if they DID and JAG had been registered properly, he would have been looked at then and the jogger could have ID'd him...
But I am guessing that since they called it a robbery attempt back then (what does a jogger have to rob?) they probably did not consider it a sex crime...

In response to cluciano63:

Apparently they thought the attack on the jogger in December was an attempted robbery...so they never looked at SO's or ran the DNA through the database. The article I read said that robbery has a lower priority so that is why it was never run then.

New member here...lived in the Poway/RB community for 20 years and my kids all grew up there. Glad to have this site and like-minded sleuths to exchange info with.

This thread has gotten extremely long since I was actively up with it and I've tried to read most of it, but alas my eyeballs are petering out in this 3rd one. So if I'm repeating something that's already been brought up forgive me.

When I first suggested that JAG was from the Rim of the World HS, I had found that on classmates.com. According to a couple of posters that was correct and they knew him. What I wanted to bring up was that he said on classmates they he enjoyed "fishing and camping" as hobbies. Makes me wonder where he fished and camped and did he often go alone? Also makes me wonder if that was his excuse for staying with his parents near the lake? Which would also explain wet pants up to his knees if he was wading out to fly fish. Any girls go missing near campgrounds down around there?

Also, I'm confused as to whether or not the dna from the Dec. joggers elbow did or did not match? I've seen conflicting reports. If it did not, perhaps the tie-in with him to her is that she BROKE HIS DAMN NOSE, (hoohrah!!!) and that he had to go to the hospital, and have it was checked out and there is record of that, or he had to explain that broken nose to his family/employers, whomever. A broken nose is a hard thing to hide!

I am wondering if he did anything BEFORE his 1st caught attempt with 13 yr. old in 2009???
He was 20 then IIRC.................what about unsolved rapes etc in 2005 on?
He could of started as young as 13.........several serial killers have started young.

I just want to vent some personal frustration. Why in all of these encounters with the man in the black car aren't these girls getting a license plate number or using the cell phones they all carry 24/7 to take a picture of the car--even from a distance...

I guess I have been holding in some anger lately but I want to tell you what has me so upset. The girl that was nearly abducted by JAG in the Elsinore Area that had enough details to make such a great composite sketch of her predator encounter. It is obvious the sketch is a close enough resemblence to JAG and I want to know why the police department apparantly took enough time to do a sketch and didnt take enough time to check the Megan Website to determine the identity of the predator before he had a chance to do what he is accused of doing with Chelsea. The public is often told the Megan Website is there to make the community aware but if its good enough for the public as a source of informaton why isnt law enforcement also monitoring it and checking composites for possibly matches. I believe that this sketch should of been given to all surrounding areas and someone should of followed up on where JAG had moved to along with whether San Diego County had any dealings with this individual or recognized that composite. I think this was a big error and I frankly dont understand and want an explanation as to what kind of investigation was done into this girls report.

I read that the DNA was a match to JAG...that is how they connected hiim to that attack and have charged in in that attack.

Chelsea King's parents want changes in sex offender laws

Article

I believe the one small bright spot in this case will be a change in the sex offender laws. This case is such a typical, or sterotype example, of the dangers from a sex offender, it should be easy for the King family to get an audience.

I wish them good luck.

Also, I'm confused as to whether or not the dna from the Dec. joggers elbow did or did not match?

According to the sheriff, the DNA from her elbow did not match. (I think they think it's 'random DNA', not from her attacker.) I believe she has identified him as her attacker.

Here's a link to a yesterday's AP story that'll clarify. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZxpBuPrX2vIYnBuZtCVLuNvBN6gD9E7FQCG1

"San Diego police Capt. Jim Collins declined to describe the evidence connecting Gardner to the December assault but said a swab taken from the victim's elbow did not match Gardner's DNA."

I just want to vent some personal frustration. Why in all of these encounters with the man in the black car aren't these girls getting a license plate number or using the cell phones they all carry 24/7 to take a picture of the car--even from a distance...

I don't know but I would think that they were too scared to even think to look at the license plate number much less take pictures.

I agree, TheMentalist. The tools are there and they are not being used.

I am wondering if he did anything BEFORE his 1st caught attempt with 13 yr. old in 2009???
He was 20 then IIRC.................what about unsolved rapes etc in 2005 on?
He could of started as young as 13.........several serial killers have started young.

Thats so true. He could have started very young. I listed the other night of all the rapes (some could be attempted rapes) in that general area just from 6/09 until now. Frightening.

I thought everyone here would be interested in this. It's an update to the Amber Dubois case. Essentially last May, 2 boys found a bag of hair in Kit Carson Park in Escondido. They didn't call the cops. With the news of the Chelsea story, they decided to now call the cops. Police are now looking for this bag because they think it might lead them to Amber. :/ (note: I updated my summary. Originally the news said it was a suitcase, now they're saying it was a bag of hair)

http://www.10news.com/news/22754484/detail.html

Live coverage: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/05/live-video-sky10-watching-sinkhole/

I read that the DNA was a match to JAG...that is how they connected hiim to that attack and have charged in in that attack.

The dna was not a match. When she saw him on TV, she said thats who attacked her.

I thought everyone here would be interested in this. It's an update to the Amber Dubois case. Essentially last May, 2 boys found a suitcase with hair sticking out of it in Kit Carson Park in Escondido. They didn't call the cops. With the news of the Chelsea story, they decided to now call the cops. Police are now looking for this suitcase because they think it might lead them to Amber. :/

http://www.10news.com/news/22754484/detail.html

Live coverage: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/05/live-video-sky10-watching-sinkhole/

Thanx..OMG...I'm praying they find her. Its so sad.

This may have been reported or may be unknown, but do we know if LE looked at sex offenders for the Dec. attack in the park?
I am wondering this as if they DID and JAG had been registered properly, he would have been looked at then and the jogger could have ID'd him...
But I am guessing that since they called it a robbery attempt back then (what does a jogger have to rob?) they probably did not consider it a sex crime...

From what I've read, your conclusion about the attack being classified as a robbery probably did not alert LE to check the sex offender data base. SIGH...

The reason the December attack was called a robbery was that he demanded her money...but you're right, what jogger carries cash? As someone said, he had 5 years behind bars to learn new tricks from other inmates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela