CA - Child Raped By As Many As 10 College Athletes, Police Say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possible witness found in rape case
Authorities locate SLO girl, 15, who may have witnessed an assault on 11-year-old in Fresno
Wire and staff report

Authorities located a 15-year-old girl in Atascadero on Tuesday who may have witnessed the widely publicized sex assault on an 11-year-old girl in Fresno over the weekend.

Jamie Gonzales, who is from San Luis Obispo, ran away from a Fresno group home Friday with the younger girl. Gonzales was found safe in Atascadero, according to Fresno police. --->>

The 15-year-old is one of three teens Fresno police wanted to speak with about the assault, which may have involved up to 10 men. The other two juveniles are teenage boys who may have been with the victim when she visited an acquaintance at a Fresno apartment complex, police said. --->>

Two men, Mackey Lee Davis IV, 20, and Eddie Scott, 19, have been arrested in the case. Six others — all of whom were planning to play for Fresno City College this fall — were interviewed Sunday night and allowed to leave but could face charges if evidence, including DNA samples, links them to the incident. Davis and Scott, both former Reedley College football players from Florida, were formally charged Tuesday with one count each of a lewd act on a child. If found guilty, they could serve as many as eight years in prison.
--->>

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/news/local/15027862.htm

Fresno Football Players Plead Not Guilty To Rape
2 Fresno Junior College Football Players Pleaded Not Guilty To The Rape Of An 11-year-old Girl.

(CBS 13) Two junior college football players plead not guilty today in court to charges that they sexually abused an 11-year-old runaway girl in Fresno.

Police believe 20-year-old Mackey Davis and 19-year-old Eddie Scott were two of ten men who allegedly raped the young girl Saturday night.

Davis's attorney says his client is waiting for DNA test results.

“Mr. Davis eagerly awaits DNA tests which will clear him of any allegation he raped or had sexual intercourse with this runaway girl.”
--->> http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_193233330.html

Does anyone else think the defense attorney's remark about "this runaway girl" seem to somehow demean/blame the victim? Or am I just reading too much into it?

I think the defense attorney is, no doubt, working already to undermine her credibilty and value as a human being. Which is why I despise most defense attorneys.

I doubt that would be his perspective if it were his child who was the victim. I couldn't ever be a defense attorney.. I would be likely to cause more damage to their case by calling them what they are... lowlife scum and pedophiles. I ticks me off that the vitim is somehow always the one who is really having to defend themselves in order for the criminal to be convicted especially when the victim is a child!

LovelyPigeon said:
Fresno Football Players Plead Not Guilty To Rape
2 Fresno Junior College Football Players Pleaded Not Guilty To The Rape Of An 11-year-old Girl.

(CBS 13) Two junior college football players plead not guilty today in court to charges that they sexually abused an 11-year-old runaway girl in Fresno.

Police believe 20-year-old Mackey Davis and 19-year-old Eddie Scott were two of ten men who allegedly raped the young girl Saturday night.

Davis's attorney says his client is waiting for DNA test results.

“Mr. Davis eagerly awaits DNA tests which will clear him of any allegation he raped or had sexual intercourse with this runaway girl.”
--->> http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_193233330.html

Liscia Garcia, a former girlfriend of Mackey Davis says: "He's not harmful, he's not disrespectful, he's really nice ... he never asked for anything, never made contact, touched, nothing."

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4359669

So far, nobody did anything.

:banghead: What the is wrong with this world an 11 year old is a child.

Definition of a gang.

An identifiable group of people (highly organized or loosely structured) who form an alliance for a common purpose which identifies with or claims territory in the community. Members engage either individually or collectively in antisocial or unlawful activity/activities and frequently create an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. [5] Gang-Identifying Terms. Clothing, accessories, make-up, markings, or other items/material that identifies a student as a member of a gang.
If people don't know that having sex with anyone under the age of 18 is illegal then maybe we need to teach basic law in elementary school up.

cathieq said:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4362812
Fresno's police chief is not calling the incident a gang rape, but he does say about ten men did have sexual intercourse with the 11-year old.

Meaning 1 of 3 things (IMO): 10 is not a gang OR each one went into the room one at a time...OR ...what?

Because the DNA results are not back yet, it is hard to believe that the Mayor said ten guys had sex with her.

Wudge said:
The girl was eleven, so it is statutory rape, and these guys did not play for a Duke quality college. If the rape charge is true, the future storyline is more likely to be just a matter of how many guys (braindead morons) go to prison.

The quality of the college really isn't going to mean that the guys who attend are going to be any better then kids from any other college. You have to take it person by person not by what the quality of a college is.

Pepper said:
Who knows what kind of life this child had. Obviously there was some trouble in her background or she wouldn't have been in a group home. She told one or more of the suspects that "she was turning 18 soon" - that in today's paper. I agree that she wasn't consenting to group sex with 10 or so, but I suspect she wasn't plucked off her porch while playing with her Barbies either. This poor child needs lots of help, or she will end up in serious trouble.

It is hard to tell what kind of a background this little girl came from. She is pretty young to have gotten into so much trouble with LE that her parents, through the courts, would have had her placed into a group home. At one time I worked in a Residental Center for troubled teens which is pretty much the same as a group home. Every child that came through there came from VERY dysfunctional homes with the exception of one family. When we got that child the family was pretty much together but the parents had both been active alcoholics and had since gotten into AA and into recovery. But before they straightened their lives up some really awful things had happened in their home between the youngest boy..the one we had...and an older son.
Most of the kids I worked with had been sexually abused and they were pretty wild kids. We took them from 12-17 yrs. We only had one 12 yr old when I worked there though. My guess would be that this girl was taken away from her family and some pretty ugly things had probably happened to her.

I wonder how this little girl along with the other girl happened to end up at this apartment? I believe that some of the guys said that she looked older but after talking to her they could tell that she was young. An 11 yr old would have a hard time acting 16-18 yrs. Maybe the 10 or so that raped her didn't take the time to have a conversation with her.

I can't even imagine 10 or so guys taking a little girl like this into a bedroom or where ever it was and lining up to have sex with her. That says something about the mentality of these guys. They treated her like a *advertiser censored*. They deserve whatever sentence they end up with. If one of those guys was my son I would be so disgusted and sick over him doing something like that. I think I would beat the chit out of him myself.

There was an AP story on this case that went out over the country on July 14. However, the TV "crimetainment" shows are still ignoring it.

County girl, 11, subject of Fresno sex assault probe
By SUKHJIT PUREWAL
Herald Staff Writer
Officials confirmed Friday that the 11-year-old girl who allegedly was sexually assaulted by at least two junior college football players in Fresno last weekend is from Monterey County. --->>

Elliott Robinson, Monterey County director of social and employment services, said during a press conference Friday that the girl was moved from Monterey County to a group home he described as an "intensive residential treatment facility" in Fresno County about a month before the July 8 incident.--->>

The girl is fine physically, he said, but has been deeply traumatized. She is receiving counseling.

"We are working tirelessly to find the best therapeutic options for her and to foster stability in her life so she doesn't continue down the path of running into danger," Robinson said. --->>

Sometime on July 8, the 11-year-old went to the Villa Hermosa apartments in a run-down section of Fresno, Cardinale said.

Fresno police aren't saying whether the 15-year-old accompanied the younger girl to the apartment. In an effort to track the older girl down for an interview, police released her identity to the media. But now, Cardinale said, officials aren't identifying her by name.

While at the apartments, the 11-year-old allegedly was assaulted, with acts including intercourse and oral copulation, Cardinale said.
--->> http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/local/15045920.htm

Football Players Deny Sexual Assault Charges
Jul 16, 2006, 09:00

FRESNO - Two football players from the Central Valley deny allegations that they sexually assaulted an 11-year old girl. They pleaded not guilty last Wednesday.

The girl, who ran away from a group home, said that Eddie James Scott, 19, and Mackey Lee Davis IV, 20, assaulted her in an apartment in Fresno, California. Eight other men may also have been involved in the crime.

Jack Rivvell, Davis’s attorney, in a statement near the Fresno courtroom stated that his client did not have sexual intercourse with or rape the 11-year-old girl. Bail is set for each at $55,000.

Among others, Davis and Scott face a lewd-act charge. This charge states that the men tried to arouse themselves or the girl. Sexual intercourse is not necessary for this charge to apply.

The Fresno court will hold a hearing on July 24 to decide if there is sufficient evidence for a criminal trial.
- http://www.canyon-news.com/artman/publish/article_4615.php

Girl pointed out man in assault
Alleged victim told of lewd act, arrest report says

By Tim Eberly / The Fresno Bee
(Updated Monday, July 17, 2006, 1:34 PM)
The 11-year-old runaway at the center of a sex assault investigation pointed out at least one of the suspects to police the night of the alleged incident, according to an arrest report.

The report, filed in Fresno County Superior Court, also states the girl told police that 19-year-old Eddie James Scott "committed a lewd act with her and she participated in oral copulation with him."

No such report was filed for the other suspect, 20-year-old Mackey Lee Davis IV, and Fresno police spokesman Jeff Cardinale said he did not know whether Davis, too, was pointed out by the victim.

The report on Scott states he was cooperative with police officers. It also says that it wasn't known whether he had been drinking alcohol that evening.
--->>

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/12450124p-13170624c.html

A very informative article but I would classify it as a pro-player article. Again, it seems we're back to the "she looked older" argument and the "I didn't have sex with that woman" defense.
http://tinyurl.com/r5lvy

snip

...The gated confines of the Villa Hermosa apartment complex feature well-manicured lawns, blooming bougainvillea and giggling children at play.
But there's an ugly side here as well.

From the stairs leading up to Apartment No. 246, you can see the spot in the bushes where, two years ago, police found the bullet-riddled body of a young father of three. It was the 40th homicide that year in this city of about 500,000.

On July 8, a frantic 911 call brought police to Villa Hermosa again.

A young female voice made an alarming accusation. She had watched as about 10 college football players surrounded an 11-year-old girl and forced her to perform oral sex on at least two of them....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back