GUILTY CA - Eliza Delacruz, 3 wks, Long Beach, 4 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is very easy to get the number of shots wrong. Plus one of the shots might have been in a different part of the house and she did not hear it. Or she began listening when the final 2 shots came?

May I assure you most of us can count. :smile: There probably were three gun shots, but the neighbor only heard two.

So how can LE rely on her testimony? Just fill in when it does not match the evidence?

Ketamine used to be popular, I don't know if it still is. It's a tranquilzer for large animals. I'm not sure if it's kept on site but any vet would have access.
O/T but . . .

Now they are also looking at ketamine as a significant med for treatment of depression that is chronic and has not been relieved with other meds/therapies for decades. It is given IV in an outpatient setting. Early study results are excellent. It has helped Vietnam-era vets with persistent depression/PTSD they have suffered with for decades.

So how can LE rely on her testimony? Just fill in when it does not match the evidence?

LE won't rely on how many gun shots the neighbor heard. LE has to figure this out. We just don't have much released info yet to understand what happened in this case. Many here are concerned the shooter got across the border. LE needs someone to come forward with a tip, then maybe a police sketch or a name of the suspect to catch him. I sure hope this gets solved.

Candlelight vigil to be held tonight for baby Eliza.

The vigil will begin at 6 p.m. at 35 W. 51st St. in Long Beach and is being organized by LaWanda Hawkins, founder of Justice for Murdered Children, a San Pedro-based group that advocates for families of murder victims.

http://www.presstelegram.com/genera...beach-infant-eliza-delacruz-to-be-held-friday

Hawkins said the objective of tonight's vigil is to go door-to-door to pass out flyers regarding the Board of Supervisors' $25,000 reward to neighbors to try to get them to come forward to police with information.

http://lbpost.com/news/2000005226-candlelight-vigil-for-eliza-delacruz-to-be-held-tonight

A friend of three-week-old Eliza Delacruz's family has set up a memorial fund to assist the family with funeral expenses.

While police have released minimal details surrounding Saturday's shooting, Lynne said Eddy was shot by a single bullet that went through his leg and hip, and Eddy's girlfriend and brother were each shot in the facial area. Police have not confirmed any of these details.

http://lbpost.com/news/2000005223-memorial-fund-established-for-eliza-delacruz

It is also possible that if Mom was shot while SITTING... and Dad STOOD UP to confront the shooter...
That he was hit by a bullet that passed through Mom and hit him.
It is possible the shooter was in a hurry and just saw Dad fall and thought that was good enough. :twocents:

Or the neighbor just didn't hear one of the shots. :twocents:

IF the father is not involved (and I can't get that bad feeling to go away), I believe it is him the shooter was punishing! I wonder if they originally took Eliza to try and get a ransom off the family and when she died either during the shoot out or in transit they quickly get rid of the evidence. There are no visible marks to Eliza's body so it sounds like she may have been suffocated....either as a result of her mother falling on her because she had been shot or as a result of being shoved in a bag/case whatever by the shooter.

This case reminds me of one here in the UK, over 20 years ago now a young mum ( I think she was 17) woke to feed her newborn son, she propped herself up in her bed and started breast feeding. Tragically, she fell asleep and the baby rolled onto the bed and she threw her arm over his face while she was asleep and suffocated him. She was so scared she would be accused of murder, she told people he had been taken by social services at first, then when people grew suspicious she said her had been kidnapped. There was a lot of sympathy for her, someone set up a fund for her to help her out. She ended up dumping the body and when he was found, more people donated and sent messages of support. Thankfully within a week the physical evidence, COD and TOD led the police to her and she was charged with manslaughter and concealing a death. She was found not guilty although she had to spend sometime in an institution. She admitted years later that the idea of more money had motivated her to dump her son's body. She lived just up the road from me and I can remember people crying about the case, I was only 12 I think and it stayed with me all this time. :(

When I look at this picture of an infant Eliza sleeping peacefully it evokes such a feeling of peace like everything is right in the world. Then, I remember what happened to this innocent child and it breaks my heart. She was precious. The word "was" is the tragedy.

Whoever dared to go into their home and shoot her family and take her away is a cold-hearted criminal who needs to be off the streets for a long time. Someone knows something and they need to overcome their fear and talk to LE to help solve this case.

How do we know what the evidence is? Potentially there could be an explanation for why there were two shots (if there were only two shots).
For example, a bullet could have gone through mother or uncle, hit the floor, then father's leg.

Good point about them having no money, that more or less rules out kidnap for ransom. What I don't understand is WHY the father isn't talking more, I mean they have released his name and, from what I can see, he is still in the home not protective housing. I can understand he is apprehensive but this 'person' attempted to murder his girlfriend/wife, his brother and took away his newborn baby girl and killed her. The last thing on my mind would be my own safety, I would want to see my daughter get the justice she deserved by LE finding the perp and ensuring he got the very harshest punishment possible. It doesn't make sense.

MOO

The neighbors on the family's street haven't seemed to come forward in leaving as much of a memorial for Eliza as the residents of Imperial Beach where her body was found. I don't know what it means, but it bugged me. I guess it speaks to me of some kind of fear within the Long Beach neighborhood for some reason, or like they know more to this story and don't want to get involved. ???

about Eliza's neighborhood street
http://www.presstelegram.com/genera...beach-infant-eliza-delacruz-to-be-held-friday

"When she visited the scene and saw the memorial in front of the home where a gunman shot Eliza’s parents before abducting her, she was shocked."

“I expected a big community outpour,” Hawkins said. “That block should have been full (of flowers and candles). We have to come together as a community. They’ve got to stop this killing.”

about the Imperial Beach residents creating a memorial for Eliza
http://www.imperialbeachnewsca.com/news/article_462350d0-9766-11e4-844b-a7361fd9d62c.html

"...brought a blanket she had knitted attaching a note that read “You will always be loved. IB will always consider you one of their own.”

"...left a stuffed animal and a note that read in part “You now have wings and can be anywhere you want to go. We are so deeply saddened your innocent life was cut so short…He/She will be found and justice will be served for the sweet city angel who landed among us…”

I received compensation from the CVOC fund as a crime victim and it was truly a lifesaver for me. It helped pay for lost wages, etc, I have wonderful health insurance so did not require any financial help for that; however many of the members in my support group could not have afforded the therapy necessary to help us move forward. They also pay for funerals, etc. for deceased crime victims. One of the best thing about the program is that while it receives federal funds, it receives funding from the "restitution fund." This is monies paid in restitution by criminals, fines, etc. and is matched by the federal funds. Nice to see criminals actually provide some real help to victims.
Police, crime victim advocates, etc. provide this information to victims and their families almost immediately. They also continue to reiterate the info as necessary since people tend to be so confused during such difficult times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau
Back