Found Deceased CA - Fang Jin, 47, flew to LA from China, train to Palm Springs, Morongo Basin, 21 Jul 2023, w/ John Root Fitzpatrick, 55, (fnd dec.), 30 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC ImNobody pointed out her lips in thread #1

That's because the photos are not great quality and it looks like she had lip gloss and sheer blusher on - but some of it wore off. Her eyebrows are inpeccably pencilled. Both sides of her lips are the same color. Her cheeks have the same pink sheen on both of them (and the one nearer the window is a little more pink - could very well be her natural blush - but something tells me she did apply makeup that morning - almost no one just does their brows and nothing else).

There are no bruises. Pink cheeks are normal. No one, not even our VI, has mentioned that she looks hurt in that photo.

Commenting on Jin Fang's natural appearance is irrelevant to this case.

IMO.

I didn't comment on her appearance.

Last edited:
Could the friend (DH) have felt something was off when he visited and took pics of FJ cleaning? What was she cleaning up? Had there already been an issue at that point? Maybe he made a report???
my first impression of the photos is that she could have just been tidying something that spilled... but why take photos without her face? photos of her foot and her bending over the floor? ... unless they are stills taken from a video that was mainly something else?

my first impression of the photos is that she could have just been tidying something that spilled... but why take photos without her face? photos of her foot and her bending over the floor? ... unless they are stills taken from a video that was mainly something else?

Dunno....but something spurred him to document it.

I was looking at the map and immediately thought of Mickey Guidry's case. This is because I go camping at Anza Borrego 1-2x per year, and I've been thinking about Mickey Guidry ever since. He was a troubled16 year old boy who got stranded in his vehicle in the area. The vehicle was located, but he was never found. However, his clothes were located in December 2022, at the south part of Harper Canyon where it joins Harper Flat! In fact, the searchers postulate that Mickey was trying to get to Harper Canyon and then a mobile home park, but succumbed to the elements.

Here is a map from the Help Find Mickey Guidry facebook page (comments under his mom's March 2023 post). This red line is the trail they speculate that Mickey was taking. It's practically an exact match of where this jawbone etc was found.
1697686638757.png

I am confused about who took the photos of her cleaning and why. Why did his friend have the phots of her cleaning?
Very confusing. My thoughts are that JRF must have taken them, she wouldn't be mopping while a visitor was there. So perhaps he took them to send to his friend while he and his friend were chatting...What's Jin doing? She's cleaning...

Perhaps friend turned over all his communications to LE.

JMO

I was looking at the map and immediately thought of Mickey Guidry's case. This is because I go camping at Anza Borrego 1-2x per year, and I've been thinking about Mickey Guidry ever since. He was a troubled16 year old boy who got stranded in his vehicle in the area. The vehicle was located, but he was never found. However, his clothes were located in December 2022, at the south part of Harper Canyon where it joins Harper Flat! In fact, the searchers postulate that Mickey was trying to get to Harper Canyon and then a mobile home park, but succumbed to the elements.

Here is a map from the Help Find Mickey Guidry facebook page (comments under his mom's March 2023 post). This red line is the trail they speculate that Mickey was taking. It's practically an exact match of where this jawbone etc was found.
View attachment 454349
has LE already said that the remains are JRF (dna)?

has LE already said that the remains are JRF (dna)?
The email from the Sheriff's Dept to the reporter claims that the human remains are still being identified. But that CBS8 link says that JRF family members said that JRF's ID was found with the remains. So, that would definitely go against my Mickey Guidry theory.

Mark, our VI, and the police documents themselves mention cash still inside the mobile home. The initial amount of cash listed in MSM was $2000, which is not a huge sum for what was supposed to be a 3 month stay.

At any rate, it appears money was still in the home and not a motive for whatever happened to Jin Fang, IMO.
Thank you

View attachment 454349

Wow, I was way down the rabbit hole with his disappearance while researching the area. The volunteers have been very responsive to requests in prior searches-in excess of 200 volunteers provided search and rescue assistance.

@mark1969
Was JRF at the base twice???

Did you find he was there also at the time of the 29 palms (night time & last sent) video clip that has him at least near the base on the 21st???

This is what's being reported:

Snipped...
...On July 16, the couple was seen on surveillance video purchasing toiletries inside the Marine Corps Exchange at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, a military base in Twentynine Palms.

Last edited:
A few points of clarification, please

1. The pdf mentioned a purchase on base of duct tape from July 3. Why 7/3?

2. The police spoke with Fitzpatrick and an unnamed Asian female at his residence at some point? why?

3. Which came first, the officers noticing the smell of decomposition, or their collection of FJ's items from the residence? Was that at the same time?

4. Someone please explain how his body was found 2000 feet from his car? Are we to believe he walked 1/2 mile? Or body was carried? In such temperatures?

Tbh I really think they need to have a long talk with the friend who reported him missing. He's the ONLY one to step forward and it might be that he thinks he'd be the last to be questioned as a result....

ALSO if the trailer was not well maintained on the inside, I can imagine a woman who has been known to own a well appointed hotel in Europe to need to clean and organize his trailer, if she were going to stay there for an extended period of time. This would either irriate the eff out of Fitzpatrick since someone else is taking charge of HIS space and showing disapproval,

OR it would make him happy since someone is doing the cleaning.

Eta: I am sure there is a LOT more we don't know, and will be out in due course- I am impressed at the local LE, their silence doesn't mean they're not working on the case!

Last edited:
So this article states that JF's remains were separated. There was a jawbone and skull separate from other remains nearby. Seems as if an animal had gotten to JF's remains and dragged them. It seems the truck was found some time before the hiker found the remains.
"The man who said he found the bones told CBS8 the remains were located in Harper Canyon several miles away from Harper's Flats. He also said an officer who responded to the scene told him F's truck had been found previously 'pretty wrecked'. The man did not know the exact date the truck had been found."

A few points of clarification, please

1. The pdf mentioned a purchase on base of duct tape from July 3. Why 7/3?

2. The police spoke with Fitzpatrick and an unnamed Asian female at his residence at some point? why?

3. Which came first, the officers noticing the smell of decomposition, or their collection of FJ's items from the residence? Was that at the same time?

4. Someone please explain how his body was found 2000 feet from his car? Are we to believe he walked 1/2 mile? Or body was carried? In such temperatures?

Tbh I really think they need to have a long talk with the friend who reported him missing. He's the ONLY one to step forward and it might be that he thinks he'd be the last to be questioned as a result....

ALSO if the trailer was not well maintained on the inside, I can imagine a woman who has been known to own a well appointed hotel in Europe to need to clean and organize his trailer, if she were going to stay there for an extended period of time. This would either irriate the eff out of Fitzpatrick since someone else is taking charge of HIS space and showing disapproval,

OR it would make him happy since someone is doing the cleaning.

Eta: I am sure there is a LOT more we don't know, and will be out in due course- I am impressed at the local LE, their silence doesn't mean they're not working on the case!
I think the only one we know the answer to is #3. The welfare check and open door gave them reason to enter the mobile home, but not take anything. That's when they noticed the odor. The odor, among other circumstances, gave them probable cause to obtain a search warrant, at which point they seized FJ's things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024