CA - Five Ucar family members found dead in San Clemente home, 25 May 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Posted by Danielle Johnson
May 29, 2008, 7:12 pm
.....The media focus on the Ucars' private life or the fact that they were dressed in black taken out of context could be twisted to mean any number of things. I think the fact that they were an immigrant Turkish family would have made life in America difficult enough, and so it is understandable that they may have appeared more private. It seems as though the general public is demonizing the family as a foreign cult, when anyone who really knew the girls or the family would be very surprised that such loving and devoted people could be the central actors in such a gruesome story.

Comment from:
http://www.sanclementetimes.com/ind...ntnt01dateformat=%B %d, %Y&cntnt01returnid=99

Certainly frames this better for us, but we're no closer to understanding the situation, especially the link between the housecleaning and subsequent events. Sounds like dressing in black has a less sinister implication than being pre-funereal.

C6

It seems to me like they really did intend to move and that's why things were being cleared out. Is there any more info on this today? I'm hooked on this case.

It seems to me like they really did intend to move and that's why things were being cleared out. Is there any more info on this today? I'm hooked on this case.
I've seen nothing NEW, just speculations by bloggers.

One blogger speculated that because the Real Estate market had taken a dive and the fact that the mother Margrit delt in Real Estate dealings in their area may have had something to do with it.

bump

Is there anything new on this case? This case is the only reason I come to this part of the forum. It's too sad here.:(

“[Manas] apologized for not getting to know us better and that now they were moving.”

Marnella noted that conversation took place about a year ago, but nothing changed—until the first of this month. “We noticed they were cleaning everything out, so we thought they were probably getting ready to move, but instead maybe they were getting ready for something else,” Marnella said with a pause and an understanding that she was referring to the reported murder-suicide. “They just put all kinds of stuff out there; truckloads of things were hauled away.

“That week they were cleaning up was the only time I saw into their [home], quite possibly their bedroom—supposedly where things happened. It just looked like they were cleaning up.” The timing, she said, lined up with the authorities’ time frame of when the family was last seen two to three weeks ago.

I read in a previous link that JB posted that the family moved/followed the girls to med school:

The family bought or rented a house in San Diego when the twins left for medical school.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/...RecommendedOnly=0&oncommentsPage=2#slComments

Could this be why they were seen moving things out of the house? This article states MED school and the girls just graduated from a UC (IIRC) and only obtained BA's.

Dont know what this helps, but I noticed that no one commented on that fact yet. :waitasec:

this is off subject a bit - but for OC folks - remember several months ago - there was the husband/wife murder suicide at the Montage in Laguna Beach? I don't remember seeing a real resolution to that....wonder if we will on this one?

Also does SC have it's own police department or are they part of the sheriff's Dept?

I read in a previous link that JB posted that the family moved/followed the girls to med school:

The family bought or rented a house in San Diego when the twins left for medical school.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/...RecommendedOnly=0&oncommentsPage=2#slComments

Could this be why they were seen moving things out of the house? This article states MED school and the girls just graduated from a UC (IIRC) and only obtained BA's.

Dont know what this helps, but I noticed that no one commented on that fact yet. :waitasec:

UCSD has a med school, so first they did pre-med BA's and would likely continue at the same school. Not unusual.

UCSD has a med school, so first they did pre-med BA's and would likely continue at the same school. Not unusual.

Thanks Lola - I wasnt sure that UCs continued on to a full fledge med school or if you even need more degrees before you enter the "hands on med school" like I was thinking. So, were they going to be MDs since the one was studying up on anthrax, or get PhDs? Not that it should matter in the investigation, I just thought I would throw it out there if anyone knew.

Just checking in to see if there's anything new on this case. I, personally think at this time that LE does have some info from relatives. Someone in that family, brother.....or any relative MUST have some idea why this happened but no one is telling us. I think there's got to be an investigation going on as we speak. We'll possibly find out some day. This is a very strange situation.

xxxxxxxxxooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

2ahsbd3.jpg
21bp1m0.jpg

From these photos taken in 2005 (pubished at the OCregister) the twins dressed identical right down to their glasses and accessories

did they have a pet?? Was that dog theirs?? Is it ok?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightningwill
Back