ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hart family crash: Sarah Hart sent alarming 3 a.m. text to friend ... then silence

Sarah Hart sent a middle-of-the-night text message to a friend only hours after child protective services first visited the family's home, saying she was so sick she might have to go to the hospital, according to 911 records obtained by The Oregonian/OregonLive.

The friend, Cheryl Hart, said she received the alarming message from the mother of Devonte Hart and his five siblings at 3 a.m. March 24 but was unsuccessful in reaching Sarah afterward. By 8 a.m., the family, authorities would later learn, was in Newport, Oregon

Sarah texted her friend at 3 am and said she was so sick she may have to go to the hospital on March 26th. She made several attempts to get back to Sarah with no reault so she phoned 911 and asked them to do a wellness check on the family. 3 hours after ahe called 911 was when the suv was found. <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sarah Hart sent a middle-of-the-night text message to a friend only hours after child protective services first visited the family's home, saying she was so sick she might have to go to the hospital, according to 911 records obtained by The Oregonian/OregonLive.

The friend, Cheryl Hart, said she received the alarming message from the mother of Devonte Hart and his five siblings at 3 a.m. March 24 but was unsuccessful in reaching Sarah afterward. By 8 a.m., the family, authorities would later learn, was in Newport, Oregon.

Cheryl Hart of Vancouver told a Clark County emergency dispatcher two days later that she had not heard back from her friend.

"Nobody has been able to get ahold of her, talk to her or seen her since," she told the dispatcher at 1:15 p.m. on Monday, March 26.

Hart, who shares Sarah's last name but is not related, asked the Clark County Sheriff's Office to do a welfare check at the family's Woodland, Washington, home. She also said Sarah Hart's cell phone appeared now to be dead.

OK, so now I'm confused. Was it the friend or was it CPS who asked the Sheriff's Department to do the welfare check?

OK, so now I'm confused. Was it the friend or was it CPS who asked the Sheriff's Department to do the welfare check?
They both couldve I guess idk the story changes alot [emoji848]

http://www.kptv.com/story/37927858/hart-family-volunteered-at-sherwood-farm-and-food-pantry

More info from farm where family volunteered, from 2013 to 2016, kids appeared happy and healthy there.

This article makes it sound like things must have gone downhill fast, during 2017, and after the move to WA, which would go along, with Jen’s FB post, that someone shared earlier, about 2017 being a tough year.

Good article with another perspective-

From the article - couple of standouts to me.

Something changed when this family moved to a remote location, Oregon to Washington. They stopped visiting the farm and food pantry. Maybe the isolation affected the parents just as much as the kids?

I don't know, a preteen taking on the whole social justice movement sounds really ominous. It's such an adult driven narrative. And knowing what I know now about Devonte's iconic photograph, he had absolutely no context.

And while I would be wary of raising my kids as vegan without a doctor's supervision, I mostly notice the weight discrepancies between the parents and ALL the children.

I have not seen anything, anywhere, about any one of these kids having one outside friend their own age. This makes me truly sad.

Boggs said they started seeing the family less after the family moved further away with their own plot of land in Woodland.

He said he last spoke to one of the mothers on social media in July.

The viral photograph of Devonte Hart hugging a Portland Police officer was snapped during those years the family visited the farm.

Boggs remembers talking at length with the preteen about the photo.

“Just having conversations about what he wanted his life to look like, and just how much this social justice movement is his responsibility and how stressful that can be -- and how important it is to balance,” Boggs said. “The kids were wise beyond their years.”

And the center stage Bernie photo came after the famous hug photo... After they said they were laying low due to the negative comments they received... And declined Ken's invitation (free hug project) to meet Devonte... Also, there is that professional music video which features the kids... The name of the group escapes me. posted it a while back, will have to hunt for it.

It seems to me that these big events were showy displays, big political events, big parties, and not much more.

Though I do hope in the back of my mind that maybe Devonte made a connection, and someone gave him their contact info?

View attachment 132775

And no other children. Like I’m sure the Hart kids really interested in politics. Oh how fun for them. NOT. Most kids would be playing sports, playing catch, throwing a football, shooting some hoops, riding bikes, skateboards, girls going shopping, playing with makeup, having silly crushes on a boy, what the heck was wrong with these psycho, selfish women? Kids didn’t even get a normal childhood. Instead parading them around in politics. Pathetic!

Sarah texted her friend at 3 am and said she was so sick she may have to go to the hospital on March 26th. She made several attempts to get back to Sarah with no reault so she phoned 911 and asked them to do a wellness check on the family. 3 hours after ahe called 911 was when the suv was found. <modsnip>

I would be interested to know where she was when that text was sent. Were they still at home and left after that or did the phone ping in Oregon? Very interesting

I would be interested to know where she was when that text was sent. Were they still at home and left after that or did the phone ping in Oregon? Very interesting

Oh I’m sure that was to pacify the friends suspicions as to why they took off.

Those weights are someone's guesstimate and likely to be incorrect.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Even my husband, who is clueless when it comes to kids weights, would not guesstimate a 16 yr old at 45 lbs!

Oh I’m sure that was to pacify the friends suspicions as to why they took off.
Idk how the friends can justify that as why they took off. There is no hospital at the bottom of the cliff also I'm sure there is a hospital closer to them than California.

There's so many things this could be. A ruse to back up being gone for a few days. A legitimate illness. Something that was given to her that made her sick. Interesting, though, that Sarah had friends she felt comfortable texting at 3am about stuff like a bad illness. That's not something you'd send to someone you were trying to be superficial with.

Why did this take two weeks to be reported, though? (Or maybe my expectations of family/friend disclosures to the media aren't normal?)

They both couldve I guess idk the story changes alot [emoji848]

I believe both called. The article states the 911 call from the friend was Monday around 11. The 911 call from CPS was also Monday but it doesn&#8217;t reference what time.

There's so many things this could be. A ruse to back up being gone for a few days. A legitimate illness. Something that was given to her that made her sick. Interesting, though, that Sarah had friends she felt comfortable texting at 3am about stuff like a bad illness. That's not something you'd send to someone you were trying to be superficial with.
Im now wondering if sarah had the cancer.

I've watched too many episodes of Catfish to believe every online claim of someone having cancer.

I've been lurking very heavily here, and I haven't spoken up about this. But I looked at Google Maps early on, and I saw that there's a wooded park less than a mile from the Hart's home. It's pretty large, and only one intersection down the road. I contacted the Clark County Sheriff to ask if they ever searched there, and got no reply. I wrote to The Columbian and the Oregonian, and they really didn't know much. They parroted what Clark County released, that they'd gone out to the property and searched right away (but did they...?).

So I visited the park myself. I went out with my partner and dog, and we walked it somewhat... Let me tell you, it is DENSE out there. Absolutely wild northwestern woods. Not a lot of big trees, but heavy blackberry thickets and secondary growth. You can't see much off the path, and there's definitely running water. If it were closer to Portland, you could bet there'd be folks living in it.

Of course, it's been a week since then and we figured that if they *were* there they'd have come out by now. The woods are thick but you can easily see/get to neighboring properties on all sides.

To add to this... As far as I know, the Sheriff and CPS have only sent people by the home a few times. It wouldn't be impossible for runaways to get to the house unseen if they did so at night. It's probably just a fantasy, of course... but Istill think there's a .01% chance that Hannah and/or Devonte ran away to woods nearby, just because of the nonperishable food. I thought so even before the Dekalbs openly wondered as much...

Another possibility is that Hannah had been punished for so long and so severely after running away, that Devonte was moved to get food for her in particular. I seem to see him standing next to her in many of their group photographs. She would have been very frail, if that's the case... If they continued to get violent, not to mention the water dunking/simulated drowning, Hannah was just way too small to take much of that. I wouldn't be surprised if they accidentally killed her after finding the card from CPS. They would never have thought to blame Devonte first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston