CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He is so far removed from grasping what he has done. Does he think a stint in rehab will make this all go away? I know when I was a young attractive girl, centuries ago, we daintily called it " making a pass". This type of behavior has to stop, no matter if you are a young up and coming actress or your a divorced Mom working two jobs trying to just make ends meet. ( like I was) most of us have seen this in our own workplace.

I totally agree both women and men should be able to go to work and out socially without being sexually harassed.

'I Wish I Had Taken Responsibility': Quentin Tarantino Knew About Harvey Weinstein's Inappropriate Behavior

“I knew enough to do more than I did,” Tarantino told the Times. “There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. It wasn’t secondhand. I knew he did a couple of these things.”

“I wish I had taken responsibility for what I heard,” he added. “If I had done the work I should have done then, I would have had to not work with him.”

“What I did was marginalize the incidents," Tarantino said in the interview. "Anything I say now will sound like a crappy excuse."

BBM He's got that part right.

[video=twitter;921506409224732672]https://twitter.com/LawNewzNetwork/status/921506409224732672[/video]

Seth Berenzweig Talks Harvey Weinstein on LawNewz Network
#HarveyWeinstein

“Harvey Weinstein is leaving Arizona Saturday after completing a one-week program treating various psychological issues, and Weinstein's psychologist tells TMZ the fallen mogul took it seriously.

Weinstein gave his treating psychologist permission to speak with TMZ. The psychologist asked us not to use his name, but he was a key member of the team treating Weinstein.

The psychologist says Weinstin's program lasted 1 week, and involved "intensive therapy" on an outpatient basis.”

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/20/harve...atment-psychologist-arizona-anger-conspiracy/

Update

“A Weinstein rep just called to say the plan has now changed. Weinstein will stay in Arizona for another month or so because he doesn't want excessive distractions and wants to continue working with his doctors. The outpatient program which Weinstein entered still ends Saturday.”

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/20/harve...atment-psychologist-arizona-anger-conspiracy/

I don’t believe a word of what the rep is trying to sell here he could be in “treatment” for decades and I doubt it will change a thing. He should be in jail.

Sorry Harvey Weinstein, sex addiction isn't real

Sex addiction is not officially listed in the psychiatric bible of diagnosable disorders, the DSM-5. But that hasn't stopped the thousands of people coming forward claiming to be addicted to sexual activity.

So, what does the science say? Bob talks to Dr. David Ley, a clinical psychologist in Albuquerque, New Mexico and author of the book, The Myth of Sex Addiction and Dr. Eli Coleman, the Director of the Sexual Health Program in Human Sexuality at the University of Minnesota Medical School.

Interview at the link ^

Study:
Hypersexuality: A Critical Review and Introduction to the “Sexhavior Cycle”

The DSM-5 isn't the end all of psychiatric diagnoses. The US is basically the only country that uses it and there is a lot of criticism about it, both abroad and in the US. Most other countries use the ICD-10, which does include some diagnosis related to excessive sexual behaviors.

That being said, I really don't think any serious disorder can be treated by one week in a facility no matter how rigorous the treatment, especially one that has been going on for decades.

In related news, another instance of corporate and rape culture intersecting:

Last January, six months after Fox News ousted its chairman amid a sexual harassment scandal, the network’s top-rated host at the time, Bill O’Reilly, struck a $32 million agreement with a longtime network analyst to settle new sexual harassment allegations, according to two people briefed on the matter — an extraordinarily large amount for such cases.

Although the deal has not been previously made public, the network’s parent company, 21st Century Fox, acknowledges that it was aware of the woman’s complaints about Mr. O’Reilly. They included allegations of repeated harassment, a nonconsensual sexual relationship and the sending of gay *advertiser censored* and other sexually explicit material to her, according to the people briefed on the matter.

It was at least the 6th agreement made by him or by his employer on his behalf, and even then "Despite that record, 21st Century Fox began contract negotiations with Mr. O’Reilly, and in February granted him a four-year extension that paid $25 million a year."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment.html?_r=0

This is such a deeply entrenched way of life for corporations, many men and even complicit women, that it's difficult to ever see a day where this stuff is going to not be tolerated without the prospect of huge financial damages. And even then, as in O'Reilly's crimes, millions are paid out and the behavior continues to be tolerated if the person continues to make money. It's maddening.

Why is it allowed to pay people off to keep quiet about criminal behaviour? Isn't that classed as being an accessory?

HW's wife dropped him awfully fast.
Some news sources described their marriage as one of 'convenience'. Regardless, she probably knew him better than most.

And there's this :
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/damon-clo...ow-fight-114403425--abc-news-celebrities.html

Claiming Clooney and Damon didn't know the truth about HW.
Doubtful.

But this article has a different 'slant' :

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50...Harvey-Weinsten-harassed-Gwyneth-Paltrow.html

Seems hypocritical.
:moo:

From the DM link:

'But I was working with Gwyneth and with Harvey on [the 1999 film "The Talented Mr.] Ripley."
He then added: ' I never talked to Gwyneth about it but Ben told me that whatever or agreement they had come to there was an understanding ... and he treated her incredibly respectfully. Always.'

I'm not defending Matt Damon (I don't know if he's telling the truth in the interview), but it seems the Daily Mail added its own twist to what he said and the best way to figure out what he meant is to watch the GMA interview.

Why is it allowed to pay people off to keep quiet about criminal behaviour? Isn't that classed as being an accessory?

I wondered about that too. I just don’t understand the culture at Fox News they should have and had a zero tolerance policy towards sexual harassment. How can you pay $32 million dollars to settle a sexual harassment suit and still be kept on. What kind of message does this send to other employees in the company?

More Than 30 Women Accuse Writer-Director James Toback of Sexual Harassment
by Steve Patterson and Tim Stelloh

More than 30 women have accused longtime Hollywood writer and director James Toback of sexual harassment, The Los Angeles Times reported Sunday.

Thirty-eight women described similar meetings with Toback in which he boasted of sexual conquests, touched them inappropriately or masturbated in front of them, the newspaper reported.

Thirty-one of the women spoke to the Times on the record...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...james-toback-sexual-harassment-report-n813101

Weinstein Company Investigated for Possible Civil Rights Violations
by Claire Atkinson and Daniella Silva

The Weinstein Company is being investigated for possible civil rights violations following the series of sexual assault and harassment allegations against its co-founder and Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

“No New Yorker should be forced to walk into a workplace ruled by sexual intimidation, harassment, or fear,” New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman said in a statement on Monday. “If sexual harassment or discrimination is pervasive at a company, we want to know.” ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...ated-possible-civil-rights-violations-n813356

In related news, another instance of corporate and rape culture intersecting:

Last January, six months after Fox News ousted its chairman amid a sexual harassment scandal, the network’s top-rated host at the time, Bill O’Reilly, struck a $32 million agreement with a longtime network analyst to settle new sexual harassment allegations, according to two people briefed on the matter — an extraordinarily large amount for such cases.

Although the deal has not been previously made public, the network’s parent company, 21st Century Fox, acknowledges that it was aware of the woman’s complaints about Mr. O’Reilly. They included allegations of repeated harassment, a nonconsensual sexual relationship and the sending of gay *advertiser censored* and other sexually explicit material to her, according to the people briefed on the matter.

It was at least the 6th agreement made by him or by his employer on his behalf, and even then "Despite that record, 21st Century Fox began contract negotiations with Mr. O’Reilly, and in February granted him a four-year extension that paid $25 million a year."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment.html?_r=0

This is such a deeply entrenched way of life for corporations, many men and even complicit women, that it's difficult to ever see a day where this stuff is going to not be tolerated without the prospect of huge financial damages. And even then, as in O'Reilly's crimes, millions are paid out and the behavior continues to be tolerated if the person continues to make money. It's maddening.

Makes me wonder what Mr. O'Reilly knew about those who granted him a four-year extension that paid $25 million a year.

New Harvey Weinstein Accuser Comes Forward With Graphic Sexual Assault Allegation
by Daniella Silva

A former production assistant claimed on Tuesday that former studio honcho Harvey Weinstein sexually assaulted her in his New York apartment in 2006.

Mimi Haleyi is just the latest woman to come forward as the list of those who have accused the Hollywood mogul of sexual assault and harassment has climbed to more than 60.

Haleyi alleged that Weinstein “orally forced himself” on her while she was menstruating during a meeting in his apartment in Manhattan in 2006...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...mes-forward-sexual-assault-allegation-n813961

Yet another victim. :(
She must have been terrified !

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/actress-dominique-huett-sues-weinstein-025217916.html

In her lawsuit – filed in Los Angeles on Tuesday – actress Dominique Huett claims she first met the disgraced mogul at the bar of the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills in November 2010.......

There is so much concrete, provable evidence against Weinstein, and I'm thinking probably many others.

Anyone else would be behind bars.....

McGowan calls on #MeToos at Women’s Convention

Detroit — Speaking publicly for one of the first times since accusing Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct, actress Rose McGowan told attendees at the inaugural Women’s Convention at Cobo Center that "we are all 'MeToos.'"

McGowan said she’s been silenced for 20 years. She never used Weinstein’s name, but she referred to “the head monster of all.”

“They must die,” she said. “The paradigm must be subverted. ... We are no country, we belong to no flag. We are a planet of women and you will hear us roar.”

The “#MeToo” movement has prompted women to share their stories of rape, sexual assault and harassment across social media, including some for the first time...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...17/10/27/detroit-womens-convention/107061464/

I've always thought that the people in the 'film' business were pretty scummy. Gees, for many, what we know of their personal lives proves how completely dysfunctional they are. None of this is new, it has been going on for as long as movies have been being made or theaters played.

Look what they will do on screen for money. Imagine what they will do behind the scenes to get in position to make that money.

Adults can speak for themselves, but let's get the child rapists outed. FGS if they could only stop talking about themselves for one second and go after the kiddie pervs, I might have some respect for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife
Back