Found Deceased CA - Heather Gumina Waters, 33, Pleasant Valley, 17 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
EL DORADO COUNTY — The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has found the car of missing woman Heather Gumina Waters.

The 33-year-old woman’s black 2005 Infinity G35 was located in El Dorado County; the exact location is unknown.

The car is being processed for evidence.

Missing El Dorado County Woman’s Car Found

EL DORADO COUNTY — The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has found the car of missing woman Heather Gumina Waters.

The 33-year-old woman’s black 2005 Infinity G35 was located in El Dorado County; the exact location is unknown.

The car is being processed for evidence.

Missing El Dorado County Woman’s Car Found
what is the location of the husband /father of the children? same father for all the children . this appears to be a crime of passion out of jealousy. where did she work and how did she break her collar bone?

Missing California mother's car found not far from where she was last seen
Missing California mother's car found not far from where she was last seen

This article says it was parked not far from her home. Websleuthing experiences would indicate that a car ditched by someone is usually found within walking or jogging distance of the home so the ditcher would not have to enlist the help of an accomplice or uber to get home.

I think it was put there after she disappeared and I don't believe that she is the one who parked it and ran home.

MOO

what is the location of the husband /father of the children? same father for all the children . this appears to be a crime of passion out of jealousy. where did she work and how did she break her collar bone?
Welcome to WS @xve777 - good questions in your first post. Due to TOS about rumors, the answers to father(s) of children & how the break occurred can't be posted here. I found plenty of correlating comments via El Dorado Co Sheriff link below (grab a coffee for this - there are 500+ comments)

Sadly, I think we know where this is going. MOO.

Some things I've been thinking about:
  • As soon as the vehicle was found the search ended. The vehicle is being processed for evidence. IMO that says that there was reason to believe from the vehicle that she is no longer alive. MOO
  • I haven't seen anything about a phone being found so assuming it's with Heather or destroyed.
  • So many questions here. Why wasn't anyone helping her drive home from hospital? She did supposedly stay at home the night she got out of hospital. Was she alone? Did anyone see her after she left the hospital?
  • It feels like she got in over her head with wrong person. Violence was escalating.
All MOO.

If you search the males name and Placerville, you'll see an interesting post on the El Dorado County Sheriff's facebook page dated June 20, 2016.
Are we not allowed to link to the post on the official LE Facebook page? The information on who she recently married comes from her Facebook page which is allowed as well, No? If both sources are explicitly allowed as sources, why is everyone dancing around them?

The El Dorado County Sheriff FB page post about finding the car explicitly states her whereabouts remain unknown, yet the search for her has ended?

I’m missing something.
The family run searches have ended for the integrity of the investigation. At least that is what the Admin of the Search page has said.

Per an Admin of the Search page for Heather, the family has called off the public volunteer search for Heather due to the integrity of the investigation.
Heather Waters Gumina Search Team
Very smart of the family to make that decision, I think LE has likely requested this and shared how evidence can be compromised. Most of us here know the drill and can predict the outcome. My heart goes out to Heather's children and loved ones.

Sadly, I think we know where this is going. MOO.

Some things I've been thinking about:
  • As soon as the vehicle was found the search ended. The vehicle is being processed for evidence. IMO that says that there was reason to believe from the vehicle that she is no longer alive. MOO
  • I haven't seen anything about a phone being found so assuming it's with Heather or destroyed.
  • So many questions here. Why wasn't anyone helping her drive home from hospital? She did supposedly stay at home the night she got out of hospital. Was she alone? Did anyone see her after she left the hospital?
  • It feels like she got in over her head with wrong person. Violence was escalating.
All MOO.
Most of the details can't be discussed because they come from social media.
< modsnip>

I think it's safe to say this was a volatile relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree. Why is this shrouded in secrecy? The family keeps saying they don’t want to get into details because they want to focus on finding her. If we knew the whole story, i would think someone would be named as a person of interest by now... targeting the perpetrator DOES HELP LOCATE HEATHER!!

I agree. Why is this shrouded in secrecy? The family keeps saying they don’t want to get into details because they want to focus on finding her. If we knew the whole story, i would think someone would be named as a person of interest by now... targeting the perpetrator DOES HELP LOCATE HEATHER!!

Welcome to Websleuths!

Websleuths is a victim-friendly site. Unless/until someone is named by law enforcement as a suspect, any family members of the missing person are considered to be victims also and cannot be discussed on the thread. The only exception is if family of the missing person has made a statement or given an interview, it's available in the mainstream media, and can be linked here.

I know this is frustrating for many not having the full story and background. Believe me there are many things I would like to know also that I feel would make helping find Heather easier or at least give a better “plan of action” unfortunately family in this situation is usually advised to not share to many details in order to “preserve” the investigation.
Again as far as search efforts go... this is one battle I know all to well as it becomes you against the world of LE and legalities. Once an item is found of possible evidence ANY kind of evidence especially something as big as a car LE puts a stall on PUBLIC search efforts. They will not allow anything that may compromise their efforts, even if they want to search areas not related to where the car was located it will most likely be a battle.
LE will not state the location or conditions of the car because there have been instances where this kind of information has gotten out and people out of curiosity have gone to the areas and compromised the scene.
Another note is that no matter the condition the car has to be analyzed. To not do so would be erroneous on LE. Just locating the car is not a sign of foul play. Only proper forensic testing will give a better idea.
Ok, I’ve gone on long enough. I’m praying for the best in this situation. It’s been heavily on my mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back