CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck is the camera man on news10.net taping? It was the press conference, and then it went to this. Is he waiting to see Garrido arrive?

From chat blog on news10.net:

Sharon Ito, News10 To recap, the sheriff of Contra Costa County has just apoligized for missing an opportunity to rescue Jaycee Dugard. A call was made to 911 in 2006 to report tents in Phillip Garrido's backyard, children present. Caller described Garrido as psychotic and a sexual addict. The deputy however did not know Garrido was a registered sex offender -- and he was not arrested.​
Maz

I emerged victorious over mine....but some things can never be given back nor undone. It is woven into the fabric of my life and would that it had not been. Pedo's should pay, and they normally reoffend until they die.

ITA, it's something that will never go away no matter how hard we try. I still have nightmares.

Maz

I was in court all day yesterday and couldn't post. Now I can. I so remember this case. I was 21 when it happened. Never forgot. THIS IS AMAZING!

As a male I cannot understand this phenomenon, but what is the deal with women falling in love with men that are in prison? I don't get it. Basically, by them being locked up isn't that telling the woman what the future holds in no uncertain terms? This case has that aspect too... like so many others.

Thanks for th elink.

The expert they are talking to says the DA is having a problem with the stature of limitations but the reporter said they are both facing 20+ charges each.

arraignment at 1:00
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/28/crimesider/entry5271527.shtml

CBS News Legal Analyst Andrew Cohen blogs about the statute of limitations in the Jaycee Lee Dugard case.

NEW YORK (CBS) There may be some valid legal defense for the man and woman who allegedly kidnapped Jaycee Lee Dugard 18 years ago. But the argument that the statute of limitations has run out on any prosecution won’t be one of them.

Whether Nancy and Phillip Garrido are charged with kidnapping, or rape, or child molestation, or some combination of both, prosecutors won’t be barred from proceeding to trial just because the initial crimes may have occurred way back in 1991. In California, and most other states, the limitations for these sorts of crimes are triggered when the victim is found and tells the police of the abuse.

fox news saying they have found a new crime scene at the home/yard!

I hope they didn't find a body.
:(

Fox news is reporting new crime scene declared at house and more police personnel arriving...including the placement of new yellow tape areas around the home

Is there a link to the courthouse for the arraignment?
TIA

I also saw that on FOX about the house being a new crime scene.

I must say I'm really liking this setup that News10 has, with the chat/footage going on. I am not liking a lot of the people and their comments, but those are easy to block. I wish our local stations had something like this setup.

Fox news is reporting new crime scene declared at house and more police personnel arriving...including the placement of new yellow tape areas around the home

horrible, but not surprising!! :furious:

i can't even begin to imagine the horrors that will come from this case....

fox news saying they have found a new crime scene at the home/yard!

I hope they didn't find a body.
:(

But I bet they did. And I bet it's more than one. There were likely natural infant deaths in addition to whatever the F he may have done to any boys, other children, or adults. Freaking chamber of horrors!

That is so sad about the boy who says she actually told her his name!! If this happened today, and this kid lived an hour and a half away from where a child was abducted, her name would have been on TV EVERY day, for months. I guess that's one thing to say for tabloid journalism coverage of these things, keeps their name and face out there. If that kid had a TV in his house, and if it happened now, he would run to tell asap!

not confirmed yet, but what i'm hearing is 28 felony counts, max would be life, both plead NOT GUILTY and bail hearing on 9/14. Again, hearing this from another person, not a news source yet.

Contra Costa Sherriff apologizes for missed opportunities. reading this article makes me even more angry about the neighbors call. it says not only did he say that there were children living in the backyard, but that Garrido was psychotic and a sex addict. THE DEPUTY DIDN'T EVEN CHECK THE BACK YARD!!!

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13223930

"Contra Costa County Sheriff Warren Rupf acknowledged today that his agency failed to detect a hidden backyard compound at the Antioch-area home of a registered sex offender and missed two opportunities to rescue the girl he is accused of kidnapping.

"We missed an opportunity to have intervened earlier," Rupf told a news conference. "We are beating ourself up over this and are continuing to do so."

Rupf added, "I offer my apologies to the victims and accept responsibility for having missed a chance to rescue Jaycee."

I seem to a recall a lot of pedo-priests got out of charges because of SOL. Some had already been convicted and were released from prison.

It seems crazy.

I would think the kidnapping wasn't just a one off crime from 1991, it was ongoing until Wednesday, August 26, 2009.

Here's a photo from today's arraignment

98383595.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

From the shoutbox:

# Sharon Ito, News10 "Authorities searching home of Garrido for evidence in murders of several prostitutes, according to Associated Press."

Details
2009-08-28 8:39 PM
On

Sharon Ito, News10 "The bodies of the murdered women were dumped near an industrial park where Garrido worked during the 1990s."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/28/crimesider/entry5271527.shtml

CBS News Legal Analyst Andrew Cohen blogs about the statute of limitations in the Jaycee Lee Dugard case.

NEW YORK (CBS) There may be some valid legal defense for the man and woman who allegedly kidnapped Jaycee Lee Dugard 18 years ago. But the argument that the statute of limitations has run out on any prosecution won’t be one of them.

Whether Nancy and Phillip Garrido are charged with kidnapping, or rape, or child molestation, or some combination of both, prosecutors won’t be barred from proceeding to trial just because the initial crimes may have occurred way back in 1991. In California, and most other states, the limitations for these sorts of crimes are triggered when the victim is found and tells the police of the abuse.

Good. Just as I suspected. I hope these monsters never breathe free air again, and, I hope they are in GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member