CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard right now on NBC news that NG was infertile, and that is part of their bizarre thinking for Jaycee to have children. I don't have a link, I'm just watching the news right now.

Probably true, but If she wanted kids, why didn't she protect them and keep them in the house?
nice and comfy etc. I can almost understand a woman wanting a baby so bad ...........but to hold a girl captive and raping her, ruining her life!
Making her have babies to her husband and letting him do this. This woman is very quilty also of what happened to all 3 children! JMO

This entire case is so disturbing and the perp so diabolical. For him to say this will basically be a heartwarming story....what more can be said about this guy?
It will be heartwarming for me the day he receives the needle at San Quentin!:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

If you're referring to the murdered prostitutes, they were found near an industrial park where PG worked during the 1990s.

Hiya Vask!!! Great to "see" you.

I find myself hoping he is the killer of these poor women. For one thing, another mystery will be solved and more families will have answers. And he will be facing murder charges and, God willing, the DP.

Probably true, but If she wanted kids, why didn't she protect them and keep them in the house?
nice and comfy etc. I can almost understand a woman wanting a baby so bad ...........but to hold a girl captive and raping her, ruining her life!
Making her have babies to her husband and letting him do this. This woman is very quilty also of what happened to all 3 children! JMO

She is also charged with sexually abusing Jaycee. Not sure how they thought that would result in a pregnancy. Freaks.

Or, like looking for more missing OFFSPRING? Why would they have any problem getting a warrant on this guy for anything? Tear the freaking place up!! Get the archaeologists in there, they can tell them every place that the ground has ever been disturbed. They are going to have to dismantle everything in the stinking pig sty that is that yard, strip all the plant life away, everything.

Wonder what the elderly mother knew before she was demented (if anything) and where she will go. Also, are there dogs there now? Neighbor reported pit bulls back there?
I'm guessing Adult Protective Services (APS) will place the mother in a nursing home, hopefully a locked-unit Alzheimer's facility.

I don't buy this. Antioch is not a sanctuary city. Not even close. It's actually pretty conservative. Not all of the bay area is a hippy liberal bastion, ya' know and we can't blame the illegal immigrants for everything, as much as some would like.
The bottom line is that this pig is a registered sex offender and a parolee but someone (or two) failed to do their jobs. His home should have been ransacked with a fine tooth comb at the first HINT that something was up. I'm sorry, but I fail to see why we can't have a one strike law for these monsters. Not enough money in California? He!!, I be more than happy to pay higher taxes to keep these demons in prison for life. I just read all about how so many states have decided to veer from involuntary commitment and/or one strike laws due to the cost but surely this is important enough to pay for. For every Jaycee Dugard, there are millions of kids being molested and some of those becoming molesters because of what happened to them. Countless lives, psyches and souls are destroyed by these predators. That's a cost we can't afford.
I agree. I live about 40 min. from Antioch, and it is by no means a "sanctuary city", despite having a high Hispanic population. We are the suburbs of San Francisco, not San Francisco proper- that's why it's the San Francisco Bay Area- it encompasses cities an hour away from S.F.

Hiya Vask!!! Great to "see" you.

I find myself hoping he is the killer of these poor women. For one thing, another mystery will be solved and more families will have answers. And he will be facing murder charges and, God willing, the DP.

Hiya Fairy! I hope he turns out to be the killer too so at least there will be some closure in those cases. Hopefully their identities are already known and the murderer is the only missing piece.

I want to remind everyone that we do a danger to ourselves by "Monday-morning quarterbacking" this situation: engaging in vicious speculation about how the neighbors failed in our judgment, or about the credibility of Mr. or Miss XYZ who got a three-line quote in a hastily-written AP article.

It's very easy and dangerous to tell ourselves that
  • We as a bystander can always tell who is crazy but harmless vs. crazy and a criminal.
  • We would know to keep calling police over and over even after they showed up once or told us it had been taken care of.
  • We can tell from a distance of a thousand miles and all the preliminary information in a dozen website articles (the accuracy and completeness of which no one is sure yet) just who should be ashamed of what kind of negligence.
  • We know that Phillip Garrido (and Joseph Duncan) must be "faking" mental illness and have been faking it consistently for decades.
  • We are capable of judging from here that the Garridos' concealment of the girls must mean that they have an internal grasp of right and wrong beyond "other people don't understand me so I'll hide the weird things I'm doing."
  • We know from here that a scanned signature on a slip of paper on a crazy guy's website must mean that everything the signers have said is discreditable.
  • We know that it's because of illegal immigrants, or [insert favorite scapegoat group here], that everything went wrong.
  • etc.

NO! We know hardly anything beyond what we've been told through the filter of mass media at this point. We know that horrendous crimes against innocent women and children were committed, we know who did it, we know who the victims are and some of what happened to them. We know that Contra Costa County authorities screwed up big time back in 2006; we don't really know why.

We don't know whether witnesses have been accurately quoted or had their entire story told by reporters; misquoting and altered quoting is certainly common.

My point is just that laying down harsh judgments of the neighbors and bystanders, condemning one person or another without the direct experience and with insufficient information is a BAD idea. It's BAD because it allows people to mislead themselves into thinking that they would never have made the same mistakes, it's BAD because it blinds those people — us — without their realizing it. It makes us less likely to see, understand, or intervene the next time something happens, not more.

Life is rarely black-and-white, human behavior is rarely simple to understand. Hindsight is always 20/20. Why do we persist in gossip that nearly slips into bearing false witness? Let's use the information to investigate and do our best to stop these crimes from happening to others.

If you want an example of what happens when we believe the worst of others without walking in their shoes, go watch that clip of O'Reilly blaming Shawn Hornbeck for not leaving his captor.

I hope that by grace the girls and their family are able to spend most of the rest of their lives in serenity, and that the perpetrators are kept from harming anyone again.

I wonder when the stepfather will get to see her again? And meet her girls. I think that so far, he's done a pretty good job providing a little buffer, giving some news of the family and etc and he is obviously someone affected firsthand, but just a little removed right now. I hope that Jaycee's mom talked with him and told him it was OK to talk, and that he's not just doing this without her permission. He's doing a great job though, poor guy, so many doubted him and it sounds like he's really the only father Jaycee really knew.

In regards to the stepfather talking to the media, I also hope that he has been given permission by Jaycee's mother to do so. I can understand his happiness at learning his stepdaughter is alive and wanting to share this with the world. This man has lived his life under a cloud of wrongful suspicion for 18 years. I can't imagine what he has gone through. He is saying that it led to his divorce, and it may have very well done so. However, there may have been other issues that led to the divorce that we don't know about. I can't help thinking that he should stop talking to the media for now. I'm sure his heart is in the right place, but he is divorced from Jaycee's mother and it seems to me that only Jaycee and her mother should be the only two people in the family talking to the media.

there is someone in all of this that i do not want to forget. thats Jaycees younger 19 year old sister. i have been thinking alot about her.

there is someone in all of this that i do not want to forget. thats Jaycees younger 19 year old sister. i have been thinking alot about her.

Yes, you are right, this is going to rock her world. She grew up under a shadow no doubt, with her parents splitting, depressed and probably overprotective (well duh!) much of the time. And now, she's a woman herself, and has found her way, and she's going to have to be the big sister now. I'm sure it will be very tough on her at times. But it is still overwhelmingly wonderful that the family will be whole again and that the beautiful little life was not snuffed out.

I want to remind everyone that we do a danger to ourselves by "Monday-morning quarterbacking" this situation: engaging in vicious speculation about how the neighbors failed in our judgment, or about the credibility of Mr. or Miss XYZ who got a three-line quote in a hastily-written AP article.

It's very easy and dangerous to tell ourselves that
  • We as a bystander can always tell who is crazy but harmless vs. crazy and a criminal.
  • We would know to keep calling police over and over even after they showed up once or told us it had been taken care of.
  • We can tell from a distance of a thousand miles and all the preliminary information in a dozen website articles (the accuracy and completeness of which no one is sure yet) just who should be ashamed of what kind of negligence.
  • We know that Phillip Garrido (and Joseph Duncan) must be "faking" mental illness and have been faking it consistently for decades.
  • We are capable of judging from here that the Garridos' concealment of the girls must mean that they have an internal grasp of right and wrong beyond "other people don't understand me so I'll hide the weird things I'm doing."
  • We know from here that a scanned signature on a slip of paper on a crazy guy's website must mean that everything the signers have said is discreditable.
  • We know that it's because of illegal immigrants, or [insert favorite scapegoat group here], that everything went wrong.
  • etc.
NO! We know hardly anything beyond what we've been told through the filter of mass media at this point. We know that horrendous crimes against innocent women and children were committed, we know who did it, we know who the victims are and some of what happened to them. We know that Contra Costa County authorities screwed up big time back in 2006; we don't really know why.

We don't know whether witnesses have been accurately quoted or had their entire story told by reporters; misquoting and altered quoting is certainly common.

My point is just that laying down harsh judgments of the neighbors and bystanders, condemning one person or another without the direct experience and with insufficient information is a BAD idea. It's BAD because it allows people to mislead themselves into thinking that they would never have made the same mistakes, it's BAD because it blinds those people — us — without their realizing it. It makes us less likely to see, understand, or intervene the next time something happens, not more.

Life is rarely black-and-white, human behavior is rarely simple to understand. Hindsight is always 20/20. Why do we persist in gossip that nearly slips into bearing false witness? Let's use the information to investigate and do our best to stop these crimes from happening to others.

If you want an example of what happens when we believe the worst of others without walking in their shoes, go watch that clip of O'Reilly blaming Shawn Hornbeck for not leaving his captor.

I hope that by grace the girls and their family are able to spend most of the rest of their lives in serenity, and that the perpetrators are kept from harming anyone again.

I don't blame the neighbors - some of whom did try to alert the authorities over the years. And I certainly would never blame Jaycee or question her judgement over the last 18 years. I also don't recall seeing any "vicious speculation." :waitasec:

I do blame LE for not digging deeper when they had valid reason to do so. Absolutely. And I'm not sure "hindsight" is the proper term to use here. It took about 5 minutes to find PG as a registered sex offender on the Internet. If the people in the neighborhood were even marginally vigilant, they would have known that and would have been appropriately suspicious had they seen him with young girls.

I blame PG and NG completely for taking an innocent child right out of her safe and loving life and using her for their own sick, perverted purposes. How dare they? How dare anyone?

I am hoping against all hope that these freaks will confess and end it all soon. If it goes to trial, Jaycee, and possibly her children, will have to testify. IMO, it will be ages before they will be able - and willing - to do that. And it will only cause them further pain and anguish and they don't deserve that.

I believe there will be much, much more to this case.

In regards to the stepfather talking to the media, I also hope that he has been given permission by Jaycee's mother to do so. I can understand his happiness at learning his stepdaughter is alive and wanting to share this with the world. This man has lived his life under a cloud of wrongful suspicion for 18 years. I can't imagine what he has gone through. He is saying that it led to his divorce, and it may have very well done so. However, there may have been other issues that led to the divorce that we don't know about. I can't help thinking that he should stop talking to the media for now. I'm sure his heart is in the right place, but he is divorced from Jaycee's mother and it seems to me that only Jaycee and her mother should be the only two people in the family talking to the media.

I think he must be elated - not only because Jaycee has been found alive - but because his story has been confirmed, 100%, and he's no longer under suspicion. I feel sorry for him.....for all of them.

I'm not sure they're actually divorced. IIRC, they are separated and not living together, but I don't think they've divorced.

Has anyone ever seen any reference to Jaycees bio dad? I never have. Wonder where he's been and is now????

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13226119?nclick_check=1

A motorcycle accident when he was a teenager and a later drug habit robbed Phillip Garrido of his sanity, his father said Friday.
"Tell those ... cops to treat him like a crazy person because he is out of his mind," Manuel Garrido said.

The father, a Brentwood resident, said son Phillip, who is accused of kidnapping Jaycee Dugard in 1991 and hiding her in his Antioch backyard for 18 years, was in a motorcycle accident as a teen.
"They had to do surgery," Manuel Garrido said. "After that, he was a different boy. Entirely different. He was a hell of a good boy."

I think he must be elated - not only because Jaycee has been found alive - but because his story has been confirmed, 100%, and he's no longer under suspicion. I feel sorry for him.....for all of them.

I'm not sure they're actually divorced. IIRC, they are separated and not living together, but I don't think they've divorced.

Has anyone ever seen any reference to Jaycees bio dad? I never have. Wonder where he's been and is now????

The phone interview i heard him say
they have been separated for 12 years, but have not filed for divorce

Kidnapping Victim Was Not Always Locked Away
  • By [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/m/jesse_mckinley/index.html?inline=nyt-per"]JESSE McKINLEY and CAROL POGASH[/URL]

Published: August 28, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO — About a year ago, Ben Daughdrill drove to the home of Phillip Garrido near the Bay Area suburb of Antioch to check on a printing job he had hired Mr. Garrido to do.

Mr. Daughdrill was met by a polite young woman with blonde hair who Mr. Garrido had said was his daughter Allissa.

“She was the design person; she did the art work; she was the genius,” Mr. Daughdrill said.

Mr. Daughdrill said that he had regularly exchanged e-mail messages and even spoken on the phone with Allissa, but that she had never hinted at her real identity or at the secret of her life with Mr. Garrido.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/29/us/29abduct.html?em

For those of you who mentioned Jaycee's sister, Shayna:

Dugard, who is now 29, has been reunited with the mother she hasn't seen since she was snatched off a California street at the age of 11. Also at the reunion is her 19-year-old stepsister Shayna, who was 1 when Jaycee disappeared.
"As of this moment we are just reuniting and everything is going well," Shayna wrote in response to a question from ABC News on her MySpace page.
"Shes only 29. She has the rest of her life to live and I have a lot of love to share with my sister and new nieces. In due time my mom will make statements and so will I if needed, but you have to understand this time is critical and the media attention would just add stress to something so delicate."

The message ends with, "Thanks, Shayna."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8431843

From this same article:

"Cheyvonne Molino and her husband, James, said they had known Mr. Garrido in a professional relationship for about a decade but only recently met his two daughters with Ms. Dugard — apparently named Starlite and Angel — most recently at a birthday party on Aug. 15 at a local community center.

While the younger child seemed happy and carefree, Ms. Molino said, the 15-year-old seemed overly dependent on her father. “Before walking across the room, she was checking to see if that’s O.K.,” Ms. Molino said. “She’d ask, ‘Dad is it O.K. if I go here?’ ”

Diane Doty, a neighbor, said she had encountered Mr. Garrido on the street recently and was even more disturbed than usual by his demeanor. “He said he hadn’t seen me in a while,” Ms. Doty said. “And he said, ‘You’ll see me on the news soon.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/29/us/29abduct.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2&em

I don't blame the neighbors - some of whom did try to alert the authorities over the years. And I certainly would never blame Jaycee or question her judgement over the last 18 years. I also don't recall seeing any "vicious speculation." :waitasec:

I do blame LE for not digging deeper when they had valid reason to do so. Absolutely. And I'm not sure "hindsight" is the proper term to use here. It took about 5 minutes to find PG as a registered sex offender on the Internet. If the people in the neighborhood were even marginally vigilant, they would have known that and would have been appropriately suspicious had they seen him with young girls.

I blame PG and NG completely for taking an innocent child right out of her safe and loving life and using her for their own sick, perverted purposes. How dare they? How dare anyone?

I am hoping against all hope that these freaks will confess and end it all soon. If it goes to trial, Jaycee, and possibly her children, will have to testify. IMO, it will be ages before they will be able - and willing - to do that. And it will only cause them further pain and anguish and they don't deserve that.

I believe there will be much, much more to this case.

Normally I would agree with Zinc about Monday morning quarterbacking. And in regards to Jaycee and the neighbors, I agree with Zinc wholeheartedly. But in this case, when it comes to LE yeah I think they dropped the ball. First Garridy was a registered sex offender, and second I believe he was on parole. In most cases that gives LE some leeway when it comes to how and when they can interview them or enter their property.

Kidnapping Victim Was Not Always Locked Away

Published: August 28, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO — About a year ago, Ben Daughdrill drove to the home of Phillip Garrido near the Bay Area suburb of Antioch to check on a printing job he had hired Mr. Garrido to do.

Mr. Daughdrill was met by a polite young woman with blonde hair who Mr. Garrido had said was his daughter Allissa.

“She was the design person; she did the art work; she was the genius,” Mr. Daughdrill said.

Mr. Daughdrill said that he had regularly exchanged e-mail messages and even spoken on the phone with Allissa, but that she had never hinted at her real identity or at the secret of her life with Mr. Garrido.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/29/us/29abduct.html?em

See, when reports like this come out, it only gives fodder for those creeps like O'Reilly to say "oh, she liked it and wanted to stay there."

The title of this article, "Kidnapping Victim Was Not Always Locked Away," cannot be farther from the truth.

This young woman was most definitely locked away--her entire identity had been stolen from her, her faith in humankind had been severely altered, her sense of security within the bosom of her own family had been ripped away.

Jaycee had locks surrounding her entire being by virtue of all that she had endured at the hands of two cretins who have no right to continue breathing oxygen. The locks that kept Jaycee where she was were no less binding than any lock made of steel--and likely, were ten times stronger than steel.

Jaycee was in survival mode, and I am sure that was the only thing that kept her alive. We have no way of knowing how many threats she heard against her own life or that of her family by these subhuman monsters. She did what she had to do in order to survive, and likely to protect the ones whom she truly loved--her mother, step-father and little sister.

I sure better not hear one negative word come out of O'Reilly's mouth or he will get an objurgation the likes of which he would never fathom or envision.

(The term objurgation was specifically chosen because O'Reilly likes to make himself look like a bigshot with his use of obscure and seldom used words. An alternative term for objurgation is "tongue lashing." I wonder if Mr. Pompous will have to pull out his thesaurus to look it up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume