CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Leila! You know, it's cases like this that make me glad my neighborhood has small back yards where nothing like what was going on in that yard could be hidden. I found it interesting that she said it was only the 11 y/o who she saw and not the other girl. And Jaycee was being passed off as the "older sister". Very strange. I wonder who these girls call "mom"? :eek:

Yes........I thought that was strange too that she only saw the younger girl, and that she said the girl had a blank stare. She interpreted it as a call for help.

More and more people, beginning with the campus police at Berkley, have described the two girls as having blank stares.

Bolded by me. I hear you! I hear this from my hubby often. He's 61, I'm 48 so way different upbringings so to speak. And I do remember hearing about the story of the woman that was stapped. :( But I can say this...everyone that knows me knows how noisy I am. I watch my surroundings and I would report something in a heart beat. But that's just me. And I'm not sorry for it, not one bit. Neither are my neighbors who appreciate that I keep an eye on things. It's time people started getting involved again, don't you think? Again, a crazy world we live in.

Im glad now after this has happend, that i have a bunch of nosey nieghbors lol

I dont think this could happen on my block

just last week, my husband had let his friend borrow his car trailer and he was bringing it back and we were not home, and the neighbor thought he was stealing it instead of bringing it back, she came over her and confronted him lol,

called the law and all. it was mess lol
thankfully he is my niece cousin and she was home and came and straighted it out lol

heck i locked my keys in the house and had to climb in the window and someone called the cops on me a few years ago lol

I remember when KItty Genovese was stabbed to death and people were stunned that no one came to that poor woman's aid.

I think that for many many years people didn't want to get involved, and that became the new norm. But in more recent times, since September 11, 2001, and learning how people on flight 93 fought back and tried to overtake the terrorists, the trend is now changing. We've seen incidents happen in recent times where people have jumped in and become involved.

When the airplane crashed into the Hudson River earlier this year, many people sprung into action to help save those in the water.

The Kitty Genovese case was in March 1964. It was considered one of those events that mark a major change in a society. Clearly, September 11, 2001 was another. You may be right. I sincerely hope so because when a nation of people does not care about the security and welfare of one another, they will not have the will to fight to win with a common enemy and that nation is in decline.

The Kitty Genovese case was in March 1964. It was considered one of those events that mark a major change in a society. Clearly, September 11, 2001 was another. You may be right. I sincerely hope so because when a nation of people does not care about the security and welfare of one another, they will not have the will to fight to win with a common enemy and that nation is in decline.

I hope after this everybody will at least say hi to there neibors and heck maybe everbody needs to check there shingles on there roof so they just maybe glance over in the yards next to them and just make sure it not happening somwhere else

What they need to do is go up the chain. Report again on a different shift. Make sure other people hear it. Report to a different agency. Make noise and lots of it. If necessary, call the County Board of Supervisors! In this case, it was a University Campus Police Officer who responded.

YES!! Long story short I did this because of a pit bull that lived in a back yard (not fenced) backed up against a nature trail near our house. He freely came onto the trail from his yard and almost attacked me, then went for my Lab instead. My hubby kicked the you know what out of him and sent him running. The police did nothing, animal control did little so I went to City Hall. The dog is gone. Yes, keep making noise...be a pest. Whatever it takes, just do it.

Yes........I thought that was strange too that she only saw the younger girl, and that she said the girl had a blank stare. She interpreted it as a call for help.

More and more people, beginning with the campus police at Berkley, have described the two girls as having blank stares.
I hope the blank stares are from lack of social interaction instead of the horrible possibility they've been constantly drugged. :( MOO

I've got a different problem. I don't understand the language most of my neighbors speak!

I hope the blank stares are from lack of social interaction instead of the horrible possibility they've been constantly drugged. :( MOO

I hope it may be just a matter of not knowing how to respond when people say hello.

I hope it may be just a matter of not knowing how to respond when people say hello.
That's the lack of interaction I was thinking off. Being isolated all the time, not having gone to school, etc. I hope the girls can adjust to being "normal" after all these years.

Geraldo is playing more of the 1994 interview with Carl and Terry Probyn. In the brief segment, he asked Terry if she was over protective of her younger daughter, to which she responded that she is very over protective.

Now taking questions from viewers

I have a question. It seems to me that very quickly after the info about the kidnapping was found out, the news about the prostitute murders came out. Am I right about that? I mean that connection was made even before the id of Jaycee was confirmed.

I think someone talked. I think right at the beginning LE was told of the connection to the prostitute murders. Not sure who talked, Jaycee or PG or even HG. But someone talked.

LE may have made the connection themselves later, after they did a home search related to the kidnapping. But the quick connection to me seems to indicate that someone is cooperating with LE and telling it all, or at least most of it.

The question is, are they telling it all? LE has confirmed they are looking for things related to the prostitue murders and the Lisa Norrell murder, but not much is being said about the missing kids in the area.

Geraldo is playing more of the 1994 interview with Carl and Terry Probyn. In the brief segment, he asked Terry if she was over protective of her younger daughter, to which she responded that she is very over protective.

Now taking questions from viewers
The one call from a lady here in NC asking what the public could do to help, send donations etc, and I think part of Carl's answer "just pray" was most appropriate. That's just what Jaycee and the two girls need the most right now. :angel:

What Carl is saying about the time lapse from when he told LE about her abduction to them actually doing anything is appalling. Why did they wait for the bus to get to the school and then call Terry at work ~ while the suspect is driving 170 miles away? :mad: MOO

I have a question. It seems to me that very quickly after the info about the kidnapping was found out, the news about the prostitute murders came out. Am I right about that? I mean that connection was made even before the id of Jaycee was confirmed.

I think someone talked. I think right at the beginning LE was told of the connection to the prostitute murders. Not sure who talked, Jaycee or PG or even HG. But someone talked.

LE may have made the connection themselves later, after they did a home search related to the kidnapping. But the quick connection to me seems to indicate that someone is cooperating with LE and telling it all, or at least most of it.

The question is, are they telling it all? LE has confirmed they are looking for things related to the prostitue murders and the Lisa Norrell murder, but not much is being said about the missing kids in the area.

I don't have a link for you, my understanding is PG was a suspect when the prostitute slayings originally happened and LE picked that angle up again.

I just had a thought about all that. The very first place the very first LE stepped foot in was the house. IF he is a serial killer, rapist, dirtbag, insertyourownfavoriteword, then its very possible he had "mementos, trinkets, souvenirs" from his victims - that's what I thought when they came out with those postitute murders possible connection so quick - they found something in that HOUSE first. I also do believe they have gotten a whole lot of "preliminary" information from Jacyee and the girls - maybe even weirdo female subhuman is talking as well (I know I need to stop calling "them" these names - probably against TOS - but hey can't ya look the other way on this one?).

This is getting deeper by the hour as far as the "crimes" go. We know about Jaycee - but what else are they finding?

What they need to do is go up the chain. Report again on a different shift. Make sure other people hear it. Report to a different agency. Make noise and lots of it. If necessary, call the County Board of Supervisors! In this case, it was a University Campus Police Officer who responded. Child Protective Services, the Sheriff's Office, Probation Offices -- all work for the County Board of Supervisors. Local police work for the Mayor and City Council. Parole Officers work for the State. Find out who they work for and make a second or third call.

From what I am reading the neighbors only knew that there were women and children in the backyard sometimes. And that there were tents in the backyard. And that PG was a sex offender. I am not even seeing that they knew that Jaycee was actually living in the backyard, only that she was there sometimes. From their interviews they don't seem to sure of who all was living in the home. What did they have to report? They felt something might be wrong, they thought that something might be wrong. They made a report and thought it was investigated, but nothing seemed to be wrong.

Now the business associates seem more familiar with the persons in the household. They had met Jaycee, seen the girls. But they weren't aware of the backyard compound, and they didn't know the circumstances of how Jaycee came to be there. They don't seem to have thought anything was wrong, they just thought PG was weird, his 'daughter' was nice, and the children were pale and quiet.

This is kinda related to the discussion.

Although Garrido had been convicted of a sex crime, there apparently was no ban on him having contact with children, nor restrictions on his travels during his federal or state parole, officials said.
http://www.rgj.com/article/20090828/NEWS/90828055/1321

What person in their right damn mind wouldn't call cops if they saw suspcious activity followed by screams on one or more occasion? God that makes me so sick!!!! SO SICK.

The one call from a lady here in NC asking what the public could do to help, send donations etc, and I think part of Carl's answer "just pray" was most appropriate. That's just what Jaycee and the two girls need the most right now. :angel:

I have read something about a trust fund being established.

I have read something about a trust fund being established. I am looking for it now.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4096930#post4096930"]Trust Fund for Jaycee Dugard has been Created[/ame]

Very interesting observation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members