CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense makes one ponder at this remark made in March 2010:

“My fear is that I’m looking for two adult shallow graves and … my two nephews’ crosses, ...”
But that statement pales in comparison to the evidence that Chase was actively embezzling from his boss days before the family went missing

That statement from Mikey just tells us he was worried his family was dead and buried

What is there to ponder?

I am speaking to common sense

Common sense says the crime was committed by someone---more likely more than one person---who had extreme anger and hatred for JM or SM, who were violent and brutal in nature and wanted JM and SM to suffer through the final torture before they were killed, and who had a lot to gain, rather than to lose, from the 4 deaths. No such indication in CM.

Common sense says the crime was committed by someone---more likely more than one person---who had extreme anger and hatred for JM or SM, who were violent and brutal in nature and wanted JM and SM to suffer through the final torture before they were killed, and who had a lot to gain, rather than to lose, from the 4 deaths. No such indication in CM.
I disagree that it was ‘more likely’ more than one person. There are dozens of crimes on this forum where one person took out an entire family, single handedly. I am on my cell not my computer do I can’t link them all now—-but the Groene family is one tragic example. And in Washington DC, Darren Wint took out 4 people in a deadly home invasion, holding them hostage overnight

Many of us believe that Chase did harbor extreme hatred and resentment towards Joey and Summer because Joey had everything Chase wanted and Joey was starting to distance himself from Chase

Chase did have a lot to gain from getting rid of Joey. Joey had just sent a memo saying that Chase owed him thousands of dollars. And Chase had just written forged checks to himself for thousands more. If Joey saw those checks he could report Chase for theft and fraud—-leading to Chases return to prison

Those are some powerful motives for murder. ...Just my opinion

Ah I was talking about the guy from Toronto, Eugene Lucio. We didn't see his face, though I remember his online picture in which he had the same hairstyle as Maline. :D

But Lucio's $14K is going to be nom nom'ed by our pesky Federal and Provincial governments at tax time. Ontario, Canada and US tax. And who knows if that fee is his alone, or for the company he is employed by. So even though 14K seems like monopoly money when exchanged to $CAD, our government will happily thank him for his service by taking some moolah.

Actually my common sense tells me he fits the criteria. Every step of the way. But I am not a juror so I guess it matters not what I think.

So true

Common sense says it would be believable that Joey might give Chase one or two signed checks and tell him to pay MSM what is owed and to buy copper tubing for the next job etc. that way Joey has a record of those 2 checks and can keep track

But that is very different than giving him a large amount of checks and telling him to forge them whenever he needs to write s check from Joeys 89k bank account—-especially knowing Chases criminal history for stealing and knowing he is dead broke and under financial stress due to his gambling addiction

And common sense tells me thst Joey would never give him the QB password and say create some checks made out ton yourself and then DELETE any notation of that check before you go ahead and forge my name and cash it

Common sense tells me Joey wouldn't have asked CM to do him the favour of deleting his QB account, by pretending to be him.
Common sense tells me Joey wouldn't make all of the forged cheques to the day he goes missing.
Common sense tells me if Joey had a business partner and best friend who didn't know what happened to him, that he would just stop calling him within days of him going missing, especially before anyone else knew he was missing. My best friend wouldn't do that to me.

Common sense would make one roll eyes on learning MM's removing his missing brother's computer/hard drive shortly after the family went missing and before LE could access them.
Common sense would also suggest that Mikey was trying to find out what happened to his missing brother and family, and was searching the computer for clues in that regard. Perhaps naively, he might not have considered LE at all, although that obviously was not too wise on his part.

What would you suppose Mike's motive would be? What would he stand to gain?

Motive for what? for taking the computer/HD? How could I know, if there is one? It's simply something that made me roll my eyes and want to know more.

Common sense would also suggest that Mikey was trying to find out what happened to his missing brother and family, and was searching the computer for clues in that regard. Perhaps naively, he might not have considered LE at all, although that obviously was not too wise on his part.
Agreed. MM was searching in every way. He naively thought that people in the cyber world could help him. Posted every detail. Poured out his thoughts and heart felt feelings. HUGE mistake. It did nothing but take him and his family down. So painful to witness. So very ugly. MOO.

Motive for what? for taking the computer/HD? How could I know, if there is one? It's simply something that made me roll my eyes and want to know more.
I am confident that LE may have felt the same way, at one time. He had a polygraph.They looked at his phone records. Surely, they took his DNA. But he is not on trial.What does that tell us?

That sentence makes absolutely no sense. The exact opposite is true.

Common sense tells me Joey wouldn't have asked CM to do him the favour of deleting his QB account, by pretending to be him.
Common sense tells me Joey wouldn't make all of the forged cheques to the day he goes missing.
Common sense tells me if Joey had a business partner and best friend who didn't know what happened to him, that he would just stop calling him within days of him going missing, especially before anyone else knew he was missing. My best friend wouldn't do that to me.

I sure hope the DA threads all these pieces together in his closing argument. I assume, we're thinking Imes will do the closing? I'm praying L&C or someone films this.

Why does everyone call Britt Imes THE DA? Imes and Daugherty are deputy DAs right? Isn't the official DA Jason Anderson? Ramos retired? But how come DA Jason Anderson isn't presenting evidence to the jurors or involved in courtroom? Are his deputies only involved in that?

CM said JM was his best friend but he was not JM's best friend. So we can't refer to CM as JM's best friend. I've seen this done more than a few times in different places.

Common sense is that when a family of four have not been heard for days, their relatives should get worried and go to check on them, rather than assuming they went on vacation. Common sense is that relatives don't delay checking on the missing family until being persistently asked by a business partner and friend. Common sense is that you don't do a house clean-up in your missing relative's house before the LE arrived. All these, for whatever good reasons, have negatively affected the initial investigation, which was crucial. Should common sense have prevailed in these instances, the LE would have likely found a lot of forensic evidence to bring the killers to justice.

Why does everyone call Britt Imes THE DA? Imes and Daugherty are deputy DAs right?

Each team has a lead counsel, right? Is Imes the lead of PT? Who is the lead of DT? How much difference whether you are the lead or not?

ve
CM said JM was his best friend but he was not JM's best friend.
seen this done more than a few times in different places.

Common sense is that when a family of four have not been heard for days, their relatives should get worried and go to check on them, rather than assuming they went on vacation. Common sense is that relatives don't delay checking on the missing family until being persistently asked by a business partner and friend. Common sense is that you don't do a house clean-up in your missing relative's house before the LE arrived. All these, for whatever good reasons, have negatively affected the initial investigation, which was crucial. Should common sense have prevailed in these instances, the LE would have likely found a lot of forensic evidence to bring the killers to justice.
BBM. This comment has always intrigued me. Especially coming from a grown man. Sounds like high school girl speak. How does he know if he was or wasn't JM's best friend? Only JM knows that. And why is that even important to him? Important enough to offer that up in an interview. Strange.Very strange, IMO.

ve
BBM. This comment has always intrigued me. Especially coming from a grown man. Sounds like high school girl speak. How does he know if he was or wasn't JM's best friend? Only JM knows that. And why is that even important to him? Important enough to offer that up in an interview. Strange.Very strange, IMO.

Not strange at all. Quite credible actually.

Ha, just noticed a comment under the video:

Jared Bradley 2 hours ago
As the president of M-Vac Systems I am very pleased with Suzanna Ryan and how she described and demonstrated the M-Vac forensic DNA collection system to the jury. Wish we had video but even just listening to the audio I can tell she did a great job. How she described how the system works (similar to a carpet cleaner), where it would likely be used and where it shouldn't be used. Very professional and very proficient testimony. We're accustomed to the M-Vac getting impressive results but viable DNA from evidence that has been buried for 3 years? That's amazing. www.m-vac.com

Its not typical for people to roll their eyes in anticipation. It would be likely to roll your eyes at a suspected lie though. Do you feel Mike was being untruthful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309