CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to think of something positive with having no camera in the courtroom for at least a couple of weeks.

Maybe the testimonies will go more at a fuild pace since the cameras wont be there for the attorneys to perform their antics, and all the show out drama rama.

Maybe for once they will get down to serious business knowing they cant watch themselves perform later on.

I hope so anyway.

Imo
Gosh, I hope this is true. But really bummed that we are lost in this void. Will we get updates ? We have such a paucity of information. No one seems to care anymore. What happened to all the interest back in the day? Granted, it has been nine years. Has the length of time killed all interest?

Gosh, I hope this is true. But really bummed that we are lost in this void. Will we get updates ? We have such a paucity of information. No one seems to care anymore. What happened to all the interest back in the day? Granted, it has been nine years. Has the length of time killed all interest?

This trial killed my interest. No offense. I have watched multiple trials and this one is just out of hand. I don’t even check during the day anymore. Just catch up on tweets. I didn’t even realize we had a new thread here until now.

Cell tower testimony just wrapped up for this week. What you ya think? convinced CM buried the bodies 2-5-10 between 11 Am - 2 Pm or so? Very suspicious!!! No cell tower pings from JM or SM after 2-4-10?

I have to watch it again... lost a bit of interest with the knowledge that they won't be streaming next week... so we will miss the rest of this testimony and cross. Have lots of time to go back to it lol

I was having a hard time following because I don't know the area... so having them mapped on individual sheets was hard to follow, rather than one larger map that maybe could have showed just how much the pings moved. I would hope the jurors know the area's well.

I think it's the length of time... the length of the trial..

I was in it for the long haul, will see if it can keep my interest if it's not being streamed. It's like taking candy from a baby :confused::confused::confused:

I think it's the length of time... the length of the trial..

I was in it for the long haul, will see if it can keep my interest if it's not being streamed. It's like taking candy from a baby :confused::confused::confused:
Who cares how long it is ? How many high profile trials have lasted this long? Really disappointed in Dan Abrams. He sold out. It's all about profit. Shame on him.

Who cares how long it is ? How many high profile trials have lasted this long? Really disappointed in Dan Abrams. He sold out. It's all about profit. Shame on him.

I use to like Dan a lot, but recently, I've changed my mind.

It drives me bonkers when the commenters talk, and talk, right in the middle of important testimony.

It's so rude imo.

I dont need them to tell me how I have to think about any testimony being given.

So, it's 9 years since the murder of a family of 4 which started out as a missing persons' case, bodies discovered in shallow graves, years of delays, extremely poor sound quality on coverage, and now no coverage. What the he11?

just a fair warning for you all... if we are going to have to rely on cathy for tweets...

cathyrusson: Sorry, but not proven where the crime scene was

Last I heard her say, she does not think they are proving their case at all.

Sigh. I wish she'd leave out her personal opinions and just tweet what's happening in the trial. Maybe that would free her up to tweet more often.

I just read through that article. It seems like click bait, more that authentic information, in my opinion. The 'source' for the contention that they could barely afford their rent seems to be lacking some credibility. He s a tenant who moved into their rental when they moved out.

Lots of inconsistencies in his statements. If they had 100k in their bank, then how can one say they could 'barely afford' their rent. That makes no sense. It says they were behind and about to be evicted.

I remember discussions earlier about them being in a dispute of some kind with their landlord. People often withhold their rent when certain rental issues arise. We don't know, but we do know they could 'afford; to pay it, since they had 100k saved up.

And just 2 months later they bought a nice home. So it wasn't a matter of not being able to pay, it was some other reason. Which we will likely never know.

Also, this guy admits that the 'unpaid bills' and letters from the IRS 'may have arrived' AFTER the family went missing. So the headline in the article is misleading, in my opinion.

from link above, this guy doesn't seem all that credible, about what he really knows about the timing:

'After I moved in I got a lot of their mail, which they obviously hadn’t redirected. I kept getting letters from attorney's representing a doctor's surgery outside of California.

'Apparently they had paid Mr McStay $14,000 up front to build a fountain and ship it out to them. But they obviously didn’t get anything. After the family went missing they weren’t going to get their fountain, but I think the letters started when they were still around.

'I also got letters from the IRS and debt collectors chasing them as well, but the majority of those came after they had vanished. I guess a lot of these people didn't realize they'd gone missing.

'It's hard to say how many of these debts came because they went missing and how many were owed before, but I really can’t explain how they went from not being able to pay $850 a month to buying a house and having $100,000 in the bank.'
I remember this well. The landlord was using the size of their dog Bear and a parking space issue as excuses for evicting them, because he wanted that unit for his own use. They did exactly as you say - stopped paying their rent. They were looking for a home at the time anyway. because it was indeed getting crowded in that condo. It was later established that the McStays were not behind in any payments of any kind to anyone.

I wonder how much this guy got paid for his baloney blather.

So, it's 9 years since the murder of a family of 4 which started out as a missing persons' case, bodies discovered in shallow graves, years of delays, extremely poor sound quality on coverage, and now no coverage. What the he11?
Not to mention two little ones! Very disappointing. Have we become so hardened?

So so many have let down, or dropped the ball on this family of four. There's almost no coverage of this trial where I live. And I live in Fallbrook!!!

Sigh. I wish she'd leave out her personal opinions and just tweet what's happening in the trial. Maybe that would free her up to tweet more often.

I should have made it clear... that was her commenting in the chat. I have not always watched the chat (it get's confusing because it's one chat for all the feeds LOL) But saw that today and thought I should give you all a good warning, but she may be all we have for the next few weeks.

A glimmer of hope...

a reply from Cathy to someone on twitter (didn't want to include the person she replied to):

Unfortunately we had to make a decision, BUT we're working on a plan and hopefully will only miss a couple of days.

I use to like Dan a lot, but recently, I've changed my mind.

It drives me bonkers when the commenters talk, and talk, right in the middle of important testimony.

It's so rude imo.

I dont need them to tell me how I have to think about any testimony being given.

The feed I watch on does not have any talking heads inserting their commentary. It is just a straight feed into the courtroom. Are the talking heads on site? Is it possible they will leave a camera in the courtroom? Wishful thinking, I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme