CA CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 Feb 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I know I still have some posts to catch up on, and I promise to do that soon! But we've just gotten some more information, and I wanted to bring it to websleuths first of all.

We've been working on recovering deleted files from his computer. We've had some success. I'm not part of the tech team, so I don't know the details of exactly how this happened, but we were able to recover more of his search history. We’ve found information that suggests he might have gone into the 12th street Oakland City Center Bart station and taken the train into the city where he got off at Embarcadero St. Station.

From there, it’s possible he walked to Drumm street and California street the Presidio shuttle to the Presidio, gotten off at the Presidio Transit Center and headed towards East Washington St. The Presidio holds particular significance for John as this is the area in which he grew up. We’ll be contacting Presidigo shuttle and working to canvas the area around the Presidio this week.

More soon!

Best,
Joy

TeaTime, thanks for your post. I'm not sure why Mr. Beck is getting so much sympathy on this thread. If he were younger, I think the sentiment would be very different. His age doesn't make me feel sorry for him at all. JMO and all.

I can speak for myself and say I have a special interest in older people who go missing, mostly because my mother had dementia and could easily have been someone like John or another older person listed on this forum. I don't care what he supposedly did or didn't do...my interest is based on a vulnerable adult who may have a medical problem who needs to be found now.

I just want to help the authorities, and friends and family of anyone who goes missing. If it is only to support the effort to find them. Personally since I joined WS I had a very good friend go missing, it didn't end good. I know even more so now, how helpless you feel. It helps me to feel like I'm doing something to help others, irrelevant of the circumstances. JMO and MOO

What a great new lead JoyM! You sure seem to have some great resources in the effort to find John! I would keep pressing with the surveillance pic when interviewing ppl or transit workers.

For every person/poster who believes John shouldn't receive our sympathy, effort or thoughts you will find 10 more on WS who do. WS is full of missing people who disappear with precarious backgrounds or while engaging in nefarious activities - it doesn't mean people shouldn't want or help them be found.

Some cases just grab our attention or pull at our heartstrings more than others.

Joy - remember, scroll and roll ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeaTime, thanks for your post. I'm not sure why Mr. Beck is getting so much sympathy on this thread. If he were younger, I think the sentiment would be very different. His age doesn't make me feel sorry for him at all. JMO and all.

I think the people who are getting sympathy and help on this thread are his family and friends who are trying to find him. This thread isn't for the purpose of discussing the FTC judgement, although I did post some information when it broke so we would be fully informed and could sort out our feelings. The purpose of this thread is to help find John for the sake of his family and to support his family and friends. John's legal situation doesn't change the agony they are feeling.

Also, he may be sick and his disappearance may have little or nothing to do with his legal problems. We don't know until he is found. Age is only a factor insofar as he may have had a medical issue. I can name several possibilities that wouldn't be an issue or serious for a younger person.

Do I have a problem with the ethics of get-rich-quick info-mercials and seminars? Absolutely. Do I think less of John as an attorney for getting involved with these things? Certainly. Do I figure the FTC got this case at least partially right for the protection of consumers? Of course. Do I feel sorry for him for the part of this mess he brought on himself? Nope. Will I be extremely disappointed in him if I find out he has run and left his family holding the bag? You'd better believe it!

But at this point, there is an unwell-looking man missing and his family is frantic. I really had to stop think about it, but I am capable of helping the family of a man who may have done things I strongly object to. Once he's found, the legal chips can fall where they may.
JMO, MOO

Wow

As someone who has visited San Fran many times as I have family there. I know exactly where you have described him to have been. This photo is heartbreaking, powerful and hopeful. He still has his binder with him. In my opinion, if he didn't want to be found, he would, have ditched that binder a loooooong time ago given his travels. On the other side, this is a beautiful but lonely walking trail if you are in the wrong frame of mind.

Social media is amazing.

Sending you all strength and hope for the best. John is my fathers age and I out myself in the family and friends shoes and didn't like that feeling.

PS ... where did he stash the hat when he left? In the binder?

Joy why don't you give a call to the National Park Service, since the visitor centers are operated by them at the Presidio. Also someone should go there and pass flyers.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I have been following this thread from the beginning. I am so happy to see a photo of John but on the same note I am terrified he intends to do himself harm. Obviously he is missing for a reason and not a medical emergency. He obviously has not been abducted so I fear LE will not help too long if they think he is missing because he wants to be missing. He must be in such despair! John, please come back home to your wife and children.

i was wondering that too! It's a cloth hat. maybe it would fit in a pocket?
it's the hat he's wearing in this photo:
attachment.php

Attachments

• john beck 3.jpg
    john beck 3.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 288
big development!
we searched instagram for photos of the presidio on that day, and we found one that is definitely of him: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBmLOlwB2Mf/

he's wearing a hat that was missing from the house but we weren't sure he had with him. we've emailed the photographer to get more information.

the strap across his chest is for a glasses case he usually wore!

Can someone who knows how add this site to the case map? TYIA!

Yes! They have been searching there--the presidio police is on the case--but we'll go back to them right now with this info

If I am looking correctly at the case map in relation to the photo, I believe he may be walking on the Land's End Trail. Is that correct? So hoping he is found very soon!

Can someone who knows how add this site to the case map? TYIA!

It's 1:15 am here, I know I'm still up lol But I will do it in the morning as I'm just checking in on my phone at the mo.

That photo is beautiful yet profound. Remarkable John was caught on it and brilliant how it was found. This is quite surreal!

And he didn't have the glass case strap over him on the BART video. Would he have stashed a bag in the area prior? When zooming in on the photo, the binder looks smaller in height but it could be the angle. I hope the photographer was able to add some more information.

Sending more thoughts to all of you ...

This is such helpful but worrisome news. John seems to be walking with purpose. I would definitely talk to the Bridge authorities and check video. Also wonder if any of the documents have been found. Let's hope he walked across to Marin. Where are you John?

In that area are the ruins of the Sutro Baths

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members