Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else heard of the other missing persons from around the same time, in the same area? JanettePantoja aka "JJ" and #JuanAlmanzaZavala ? Do we think there may be a connection?

Discussion here:

Question: Has it ever been officially released if Kiely and her mom used any of the phone apps to keep tabs on one another?
Not sure if specific app is detailed anywhere but mention of tracking via app is here, and I know it’s in other articles too just can’t quite find them at the moment.

I got up and looked at the driveway and her car wasn’t there. I looked at her room and she wasn’t there. I grabbed my phone and I looked for her location that she always shared with me and the last update it had was from the party site at about midnight,” she said.” Source

Has anyone else heard of the other missing persons from around the same time, in the same area? JanettePantoja aka "JJ" and #JuanAlmanzaZavala ? Do we think there may be a connection?

It is strange they seem to be missing without a trace as well, but I cannot put together a connection that makes any sense. I think the car show is just coincidence, since it was an event in the area and likely plenty of people had plans to go.

The only thing I considered was a crash between both vehicles, but seems they would have found evidence of that already? And then there is Kiely's phone basically pinging at/near the party. I'm not up to speed on anything related to phones belonging to either member of the missing couple, will go look.

Not sure if specific app is detailed anywhere but mention of tracking via app is here, and I know it’s in other articles too just can’t quite find them at the moment.

I got up and looked at the driveway and her car wasn’t there. I looked at her room and she wasn’t there. I grabbed my phone and I looked for her location that she always shared with me and the last update it had was from the party site at about midnight,” she said.” Source
Thank you! So it sounds as though they did use something to share locations and keep track of one another.

This also helps explain why everyone went out to check the campsite to see if she was there too. Personally, I think I would have flipped out straight away (not blaming AT all, just saying this helps with the timeline of events.)

It also makes me wonder who may have known mother and daughter shared locations and could have disposed/disabled the phone? Someone who knew Kiely well, or an experienced predator. (And yes, the phone could have also gone into water. Just thinking things through.)

Why is LE so sure that the phone, Kiely and the car are together in the same place, find one you find them all. Perhaps the phone was thrown into the water near the last ping and Kiely and the car left the area. Perhaps even they aren't together anymore. The car could be hundreds of miles away by now with or without Kiely.

Some thoughts:

IF someone took Kiely, it is possible they were in her vehicle at some point during the party. She may have left with them, willingly or otherwise.

They may have come back later for her vehicle after realizing there would be evidence linking them in her car?

Again, just thinking things through and trying to come up with reasons why her CRV could have been there <modsnip - no link from an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps she meant nothing by the statement, but when SS was asked if Kiely had a boyfriend, she did reply "She was, as we say, rocking the single life."

Granted, I'm old but "rocking" it sounds rather...active? Could she have been implying Kiely was having fun meeting new guys at the party? But did not want to come right out and say as much? Again, just another thought, since it could offer an explanation if Kiely thought she met someone new and nice who turned out to be not so nice....and possibly older than they appeared/claimed.

My gut feeling says that Kiely, her car, and her phone are not in one place if she's been abducted. Because if we try to think the way the abductor thinks, he will try to dispose of the phone first to stop all the tracking and then the car. It may have been possible that he drove the vehicle himself taking advantage of Kiely's vulnerability and to remove all the fingerprints, ditched the car into the water

Just my opinion

“The mind reels. That doesn’t stop. But I do have people coming forward and sharing stories of their loved ones who went missing and then came back days, weeks and months later.”

“And so as they start to transition their strategy, there’s a little of trying to remember that the sun shines and the days go on and quite frankly remembering that we have bills to pay… And perhaps there’s some healing in getting back to a little bit of a daily routine.”

“Being able to speak to people who can truly empathise and understand the situation is helpful,” she said.

“To see the strength and courage that they demonstrated in keeping the faith and hope alive is giving us strength to do the same.”

As of yet I have not viable working theory, but wonder if by now LE has looked through all of traffic cam footage nearby and can determine if her car ever actually left the area? Phone Ping only gets you the tower, unless they can trace the last "find my phone"(gps) data. Looking over the maps, I do not see her going in the water unless someone put her there. they roads going out are not exactly like off roading. They are well established and none of them put her near the water without being obstructions.

As of yet I have not viable working theory, but wonder if by now LE has looked through all of traffic cam footage nearby and can determine if her car ever actually left the area? Phone Ping only gets you the tower, unless they can trace the last "find my phone"(gps) data. Looking over the maps, I do not see her going in the water unless someone put her there. they roads going out are not exactly like off roading. They are well established and none of them put her near the water without being obstructions.
I'm not 100% certain, and hopefully the local sources will reply, but believe you can leave the party site without encountering cameras for quite awhile. Her friend SS indicated there is a camera on one of the highways in the area, but from what people have shared there seem to be multiple possible routes out.

“The mind reels. That doesn’t stop. But I do have people coming forward and sharing stories of their loved ones who went missing and then came back days, weeks and months later.”

“And so as they start to transition their strategy, there’s a little of trying to remember that the sun shines and the days go on and quite frankly remembering that we have bills to pay… And perhaps there’s some healing in getting back to a little bit of a daily routine.”

“Being able to speak to people who can truly empathise and understand the situation is helpful,” she said.

“To see the strength and courage that they demonstrated in keeping the faith and hope alive is giving us strength to do the same.”
I feel so sorry for Kiely’s mother. It would be wonderful if Kiely’s being held somewhere and can either escape or be released. It has happened as with the girls kidnapped by Ariel Castro and with Elizabeth Smart. It would be wonderful to see this mother filled with joy.

“....there’s a little of trying to remember that the sun shines and the days go on and quite frankly remembering that we have bills to pay…"
Oh my! I almost cried reading that. The awful realization that you can't put your life on hold to spend the rest of your life looking for your missing daughter.

I'd want to look for a missing member of my family forever and dedicate my whole life to it....but you do need income to pay for your house, and bills, car, taxes etc. and modern life doesn't allow you time off indefinitely. Isn't that just the saddest thing?

I do feel a bit bewildered that Kiely's mom is already starting to talk about getting back to a normal life. It's only been 10 days since she went missing, maybe leave it a while longer?

I just hope this isn't the start of her Mom 'giving up' and starting a downward spiral. Perhaps her disappearance has really started to hit her now?! I hope she doesn't feel hopeless.

MOO.

Do we no the actual location of the last ping?
The last ping from Kiely Rodni’s cellphone has placed the missing teenager at the edge of a lake at the campground where she was last seen more than one week ago.

Captain Sam Brown of the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office revealed at a press conference on Sunday that the last known location from Kiely’s cellphone was at around 12.30am close to Prosser Lake – the constructed reservoir that goes around the campground.

He said that it is difficult to get an “exact pinpoint” for the cellphone location data and that it is also possible that the cellphone did continue to ping after that time.

“The ping for the data points was near the water. It’s hard to tell an exact pinpoint,” he said.

“Just because it was last pinged there, that doesn’t mean that’s where the phone stopped pinging. There’s lots of reasons why those notifications or data points could be lost.”

Why is LE so sure that the phone, Kiely and the car are together in the same place, find one you find them all. Perhaps the phone was thrown into the water near the last ping and Kiely and the car left the area. Perhaps even they aren't together anymore. The car could be hundreds of miles away by now with or without Kiely.
Yes, only if it was a case of her veering off the road would she, vehicle, and phone all be in one place. If some guy at the party took her (even if willingly but then revealed evil intent later) chances are phone was damaged and thrown away, vehicle hid, girl hid, all in 3 separate locations.

Not just air. Hundred of volunteers - many of whom have extensive search and rescue experience - have been searching on the ground also.

Remember Truckee is an outdoors paradise. We regularly lose skiers, hikers, boaters, rafters. The Search and rescue community here is extensive and experienced.
Often, though, remains aren't found by SAR except by happenstance, even years later. A car would certainly be more conspicuous, but even cars go missing for years.
Drones are new technology for SAR and are proving very helpful. They also use heat-sensing devices in planes, but they might have been brought into this search too late.

I am not surprised, as others have stated in earlier posts, that not a single person that I know of has come forward to say they saw KR just before she left or just as she was leaving. Nobody has said I saw her car over next to that area or this area at about such and such a time. To my knowledge nobody has said that she said goodbye to them.
I wonder how close she was to people at this party. Did she know them well, other than her few friends who have spoken? Was she well-known? Someone said she was homeschooled; is this true? It is possible people don’t remember her because they weren’t paying attention to her because they did not know her and had no reason to pay attention to who was leaving and when and in which car.
<modsnip - quoted post that included information with no link/rumor? was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not believe that LE feel certain that Kiely, her phone, and her car, are still together in the same place, but they are certain that they were all together at some point, the evening she disappeared, and they are all missing now. While it seems logical to assume that they may all still be together, I am sure LE are exploring every possibility, and hoping that finding any of those three missing things may yield clues to the location of the others.

I do feel like if they all are not together, the highest likelihood is that she may have been separated from her phone first, and it may stil be very near the campground, perhaps in the lake. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member