Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of an open mind... here is another hypothetical scenario that fits the few facts and tidbits we have. IMO!

What if KR knew she couldn't drive home in the condition she was in. People say she was a very responsible kid. Maybe afterall she decided to stay the night at the campground in her car. So KR lay down on the back seat of her car and passed out, after turning off her phone at 12:33am so she is not disturbed.

At some point later in the night along come two guys (or gals). They are very intoxicated and looking for a car to joyride in for entertainment. They look among the parked cars remaining at the party to see if someone left a car with keys in it.

Voila, they find one. Its dark so they don't see KR sleeping / passed out / unconscious in the back seat, maybe under a blanket. Off they go, driving around the dirt roads near the party and down onto the beach. They get too reckless and end up in the water. They manage to get out but KR does not. She may not even wake up. She could have been injured (neck?, head?) during the wild ride. And sadly she perishes. In the dark, the kids don't even notice. All they think they've done is dump a car into the Prosser Lake after some fun. Until they find out KR is missing... and her car.

That long, pregnant pause by the Nevada Captain at the 8/22 presser, when asked if there was more than one body in the car, could be because he knew there was a second person in the car when it went into the lake. Maybe he knew that because both front air bags were deployed. Only LE ( and AWP) would of course know that.

This is hypothetical, conjecture, speculation and all that. But what if the incident that killed KR was an accident, but just with a very complex set of facts.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the fact that she passed away, I'd be furious that she thought she could drive home inebriated, putting other people on the road at risk.
I really don't think we know at all if KR was driving her car home when she ended up in the lake. That is of course pending the thorough investigation underway by the FBI, CHP, MAIT, PCSO, NCSO, etc.

I agree I'm shocked at the minimal posts online for keily..I would have thought teens would have stormed that beach with candle vigils etc as we have so often seen after someone passes...and I've only seen one person really writing tributes online it baffles me..
On local social media, I've seen a few posts from the musician community with musical tributes to her. The silence from most of her peers is deafening, but so was their silence and inaction when asked by police to help. If she was home schooled for much of her childhood, maybe many of them did not know her well. It still seems odd and leaves me with an uneasy feeling.

If it wasn't for the fact that she passed away, I'd be furious that she thought she could drive home inebriated, putting other people on the road at risk.
I think we really need to be careful. We don't even know for sure that she was drunk. I wonder if they did find alcohol in her car or if even that wasn't true. Why would a 16 year old be holding the alcohol for a party of kids who were mostly older than her? It's not impossible but again there are many details of this case that are not sitting right with me.

The problem with this is that to get away with the crime didn’t require hiding the car. All you had to do was leave and shut up. Hiding the car actually increases your chance of being seen.
Depends what evidence was in the car. I disagree though. If she's found dead and her car is available, investigation begins immediately, evidence not compromised. Possibly DNA evidence all over the car. If car is dumped in water, evidence begins to deteriorate immediately and car may never be found in such murky water.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I don't know what happen yet, accident vs foul play. If the CHP's MAIT team says this was a tragic accident with no foul play I will accept that finding. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the spirit of an open mind... here is another hypothetical scenario that fits the few facts and tidbits we have. IMO!

What if KR knew she couldn't drive home in the condition she was in. People say she was a very responsible kid. Maybe afterall she decided to stay the night at the campground in her car. So KR lay down on the back seat of her car and passed out, after turning off her phone at 12:33am so she is not disturbed.

At some point later in the night along come two guys (or gals). They are very intoxicated and looking for a car to joyride in for entertainment. They look among the parked cars remaining at the party to see if someone left a car with keys in it.

Voila, they find one. Its dark so they don't see KR sleeping / passed out / unconscious in the back seat, maybe under a blanket. Off they go, driving around the dirt roads near the party and down onto the beach. They get too reckless and end up in the water. They manage to get out but KR does not. She may not even wake up. She could have been injured (neck?, head?) during the wild ride. And sadly she perishes. In the dark, the kids don't even notice. All they think they've done is dump a car into the Prosser Lake after some fun. Until they find out KR is missing... and her car.

That long, pregnant pause by the Nevada Captain at the 8/22 presser, when asked if there was more than one body in the car, could be because he knew there was a second person in the car when it went into the lake. Maybe he knew that because both front air bags were deployed. Only LE ( and AWP) would of course know that.

This is hypothetical, conjecture, speculation and all that. But what if the incident that killed KR was an accident, but just with a very complex set of facts.

So all that is made up from that pause from LE?

I assert that the biggest offense by these mostly minors is being self-serving and self-consumed at a summer blow out where they didn’t pay attention to someone who it seems most, if not all, where not even in the same class through school; whose parents treated like an adult. Who are they to look out for her they barely were looking out for themselves.

Unless there is LE confirmed evidence those are some pretty serious public allegations both direct and alluded against the party goers including minors.

all imo

Assuming the most direct route; isn’t it one right hand wrong turn and it goes straight into the reservoir?

Considering KR lived on a drive that is impassable by regular vehicle I would say she is more than used to bumping along at speed.

It’s sadly simple:

The whole set up was an accident waiting to happen

There is no evidence that it was any more than a large group of good kids with promising futures having fun in a community and parent approved location and style. Even the much maligned “older guys” are said to have come from University.

There is zero confirmation in MSM or from LE that foul play is involved.

The heavy stuff to come out of this is the end of condoning of underage drinking and partying on public lands by enforcing the rules with penalties applied, imo.

all imo
From what we believe is the parking area at the party, it would be a wrong right turn and then a wrong left turn. Then it would be ignoring the fact that one was obviously on the beach (which is very obviously not the way home). There is nothing "straight" or straightforward about the drive. You couldn't "fall asleep" being lurched every which direction and if you did your car would have stopped in a pot hole or brush unless you just happened to fall asleep in the last few hundred yards on the beach. It does not add up.

Has there been any specific info about how often she had driven out there before that night? Someone getting home who was familiar with the area would know they have a stretch of pot hole ridden, narrow, brush surrounded ATV track and they are looking for that asphalt where the road home begins.

Assuming the most direct route; isn’t it one right hand wrong turn and it goes straight into the reservoir?

Considering KR lived on a drive that is impassable by regular vehicle I would say she is more than used to bumping along at speed.

It’s sadly simple:

The whole set up was an accident waiting to happen

There is no evidence that it was any more than a large group of good kids with promising futures having fun in a community and parent approved location and style. Even the much maligned “older guys” are said to have come from University.

There is zero confirmation in MSM or from LE that foul play is involved.

The heavy stuff to come out of this is the end of condoning of underage drinking and partying on public lands by enforcing the rules with penalties applied, imo.

all imo
Totally agree. Kids partying in the pitch black forest, unmarked dirt roads everywhere, an inexperienced 16 y/o driving alone who may have been intoxicated, and a body of water. What could go wrong?? IMO

MOD NOTE:

@CharlestonGal has found a video, filmed by a local, showing the probable route driven the night of Kiely's death. This video, and ONLY this video from the local woman is approved. As always, refrain from discussing comments on social media.

9.13.22 UPDATE - the video referred to above is no longer available.

I still don’t rule out that she might have driven down the beach from the general party area and accidentally went into the water for one reason or another. Before everyone jumps on me, I know that this is not the direct route to start her journey home. But, she was already running late for her curfew extension and what if she was blocked by other parked cars from going the logical route? Being that she had been up there before, she knew you could drive along the beach hugging the shoreline.

MOD NOTE:

@CharlestonGal has found a video, filmed by a local, showing the probable route driven the night of Kiely's death. This video, and ONLY this video from the local woman is approved. As always, refrain from discussing comments on social media.
Thank you! The video was found by member @WillenFan21.

9.13.22 UPDATE - this video is no longer available.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I'll propose another common saying that helps to distinguish probability.

It's the doctor's motto, " When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras."
Of course there are rare diseases and diagnoses that are in fact zebras, but almost all the time, a doctor's training will allow them to diagnose what the symptoms clearly reveal. Horses.

Of course we all have opinions, to which we are entitled on WS, and I respect that.

IMO, though, this is what it seems to be. Before she was found I can understand why we, as well of course LE and Kiely's friends and family, had to speculate on every possible scenario. The police did have to consider abduction, for example, and direct their resources to interviews, searching for her parked car everywhere, plowing through tips, searching through any videos that may have shown something important.

But now, it seems to me, the obvious scenario is the obvious scenario.

There is of course an outside chance that there is foul play, but with all respect, IMO some of the scenarios being laid out now would require logistics that are vastly improbable. I also believe at least one teenager would crack under the pressure and tell what happened, if there was someone or multiple people who are responsible for Kiely's death.

We've all heard about people who have driven the same highway every day, for years, and then one day, under the influence, they drive the wrong way on that same highway and kill themselves or others. Multiply that by Kiely being 16. No matter how much she drove a snowmobile etc., she just did not have the years of experience that may have saved her, especially if she was intoxicated with the attendant slowed-down reflexes.

No shame/blame on Kiely, but I would be much more suspicious if she weren't at a nighttime party in the dark woods where substances were being consumed. IMO, the circumstances of someone, a very young driver at that, ending up this way is a tragic and heartbreaking horse, not zebra.

Moo

AWP also said during their video statement:

"This a big ongoing investigation, a lot of answers still out there. A lot of questions to be answered, and the FBI, NCSO, and PCSO now have one of the biggest missing clues to their investigation, and I fully expect a lot of very heavy stuff to come from this."
I wonder about the last part, BBM. Was this said merely as speculation, or did he have some inside information which led him to say this?

From what we believe is the parking area at the party, it would be a wrong right turn and then a wrong left turn. Then it would be ignoring the fact that one was obviously on the beach (which is very obviously not the way home). There is nothing "straight" or straightforward about the drive. You couldn't "fall asleep" being lurched every which direction and if you did your car would have stopped in a pot hole or brush unless you just happened to fall asleep in the last few hundred yards on the beach. It does not add up.

Has there been any specific info about how often she had driven out there before that night? Someone getting home who was familiar with the area would know they have a stretch of pot hole ridden, narrow, brush surrounded ATV track and they are looking for that asphalt where the road home begins.

<modsnip>

I feel like she went rocketing along in the wrong direction into the reservoir without realizing it.

That’s why driving under the influence is against the law, especially underage, as what may seem obvious is distorted by intoxication.

Once she was heading towards the reservoir it looked very straight forward into the water.

There’s the entry to beach, beach length then the water no other obstructions to block entry into the reservoir, right?

What a horrible thought she was going along looking for asphalt that was never going to start as she headed probably confidentially toward the dark water.

All IMO

I still don’t rule out that she might have driven down the beach from the general party area and accidentally went into the water for one reason or another. Before everyone jumps on me, I know that this is not the direct route to start her journey home. But, she was already running late for her curfew extension and what if she was blocked by other parked cars from going the logical route? Being that she had been up there before, she knew you could drive along the beach hugging the shoreline.
This is a really brilliant point. In a panic to get home on time and perhaps with people and cars blocking the logistical way home, and the very likely chance she was inebriated, she decided to drive down the shore and accidentally ended up in the water.

On local social media, I've seen a few posts from the musician community with musical tributes to her. The silence from most of her peers is deafening, but so was their silence and inaction when asked by police to help. If she was home schooled for much of her childhood, maybe many of them did not know her well. It still seems odd and leaves me with an uneasy feeling.
I think we are used to seeing folks from towns and cities come together and gathering on television en masse when tragedies happen, but this is a very country/mountain family that lives 4 miles from the paved road, and Kiely was home schooled. They may just not have a huge presence in the community. Also, I’m sure that everyone’s rush (including my own, if I’m honest) to scrutinize the behavior of the partygoers put a real damper on what we are seeing outwardly, publicly, now. Folks out there are scattered. School has started. This has been an ordeal.

What’s most important, I guess, is how Kiely’s family feels about their community’s response to this tragedy, and I think they have expressed a lot of grace and gratitude to the folks around them. I’m sure there’s a feeling of collective guilt and/or failure.

The family haven’t taken to heaping blame on the kids, or anyone else. Maybe that will change if evidence comes out that people did bad things to their daughter, but I haven’t seen them express anger or outrage about any of this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia