Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I just don't get it, but why would the girl have to use "strange behavior" or use code words or any such, to ask for help? It isn't likely that if she had been abducted or was otherwise in danger, the male she was with would have allowed her to use his phone to call for help. Likewise, once he arrived, and was physically there with her, if she were in danger, it would have made a lot more sense to just say "help me", rather than to try to play charades and hope her needs were figured out. JMO
The prevailing thoughts are that if someone were being trafficked, and tried to get away by telling a tow truck driver she’s in danger, she may fear for her safety if, say, her male companion had a gun, etc
Better odds a dude like that would go steal another car than risk calling roadside assistance (knowing there would be a dash cam!).

The whole thing is just weird.

Maybe I just don't get it, but why would the girl have to use "strange behavior" or use code words or any such, to ask for help? It isn't likely that if she had been abducted or was otherwise in danger, the male she was with would have allowed her to use his phone to call for help. Likewise, once tow truck guy arrived, and was physically there with her, if she were in danger, it would have made a lot more sense to just yell "help me", rather than to try to play charades and hope her needs were figured out. JMO
Because she is terrified and in the case of GP, as an example, programmed to be the victim, IMO. I am NOT inferring your question pertains to KR per se. But I want to help others pick up these signals. Watch the GP video by LE and think about the fact she was dead shortly thereafter.
IMO
ETA: video.

Last edited:
Maybe I just don't get it, but why would the girl have to use "strange behavior" or use code words or any such, to ask for help? It isn't likely that if she had been abducted or was otherwise in danger, the male she was with would have allowed her to use his phone to call for help. Likewise, once tow truck guy arrived, and was physically there with her, if she were in danger, it would have made a lot more sense to just yell "help me", rather than to try to play charades and hope her needs were figured out. JMO
Agreed. I suppose in a hypothetical case where she knows the male is armed, and if she openly says, “help me” he will pull the gun on them both, and yank her into the car and speed away, a code would make sense.

I do recall a case where a guy had been terrorizing and abusing his girlfriend and their dog. He was watching her constantly so she couldn’t call 911 or run away. She convinced him to take her and the dog to the vet, because the dog had gotten hurt in the scuffles. At the vet’s office she had a prepared note, which she dropped in front of the receptionist. It said, “Please call police, he has a gun and will use it”. The footage then showed her and the boyfriend in the examination room with the dog and the vet. The door opened and there were about 8 armed officers, started patting him down……

Edited for typos.

I hear what you are saying and respect your opinion.

I would like to know for sure whether that tow truck driver actually informed LE of his tip, and when the driver informed AWP of his tip.

If he did not inform LE, IMHO, this encounter between driver and teens at Prosser may not have even happened.
There have been high profile cases where people just want to insert themselves for some fame/notoriety. This wouldn’t be the first case (MOO).

I hope I am dead wrong and will the the first to admit my shame if I am.
BBM
He stated it is video tapped from the front of his truck.

BBM
He stated it is video tapped from the front of his truck.
We have been told the video was “locked down” by the towing company. There’s no evidence this was actually furnished to law enforcement. The company could voluntarily just hand it over to LE (no warrant required). I hope that has happened.

If they have video, it would be VERY easy to prove it happened, and possibly identify who it was, but all they are saying is that the footage is locked down.

The prevailing thoughts are that if someone were being trafficked, and tried to get away by telling a tow truck driver she’s in danger, she may fear for her safety if, say, her male companion had a gun, etc
Better odds a dude like that would go steal another car than risk calling roadside assistance (knowing there would be a dash cam!).

The whole thing is just weird.
I would think if he had a gun, she would have already seen it, and would not have "behaved strangely" to get attention. The guy, as described, does not seem to be the trafficking type, nor does she fit the victim profile of anyone being abducted for trafficking.

The battery was fine, the car wouldn't start because it was in neutral - the tow truck driver was very clear about those two things.

ETA - I didn't mean to quote Curiosa's post
I can’t imagine that a call for a tow truck via a dispatcher wouldn’t have records. You’d think there would be a fee for a battery charge.

I would think if he had a gun, she would have already seen it, and would not have "behaved strangely" to get attention. The guy, as described, does not seem to be the trafficking type, nor does she fit the victim profile of anyone being abducted for trafficking.
If a trafficker breaks down with a victim in tow he is going to call a co-conspirator, not AAA. jmo

Here's another possibility.

You might ask a Roadside Guy to fasten your seatbelt--i.e. close contact with you--and keep him around asking questions after he helped you with the original purpose of the call, if you were having a fight with the guy you were with and wanted to make him jealous, prove a point, etc.

Please keep in mind we do not know who the young couple was, only that they appeared to be having a rough day, and there was some kind of tension between them. Flirting with Roadside Guy sounds odd, I know, but he is also young, and maybe he didn't pick up on it, if that was the case? It's a possible benign explanation, and I can see it especially if the young woman was still a bit drunk and/or angry with the young man for some reason.

Because she is terrified and in the case of GP, as an example, programmed to be the victim, IMO. I am NOT inferring your question pertains to KR per se. But I want to help others pick up these signals. Watch the GP video by LE and think about the fact she was dead shortly thereafter.
IMO
I thought he was insinuating the girl he saw was so impaired she couldn't figure out how to buckle her seat belt. I didn't get the impression he was hinting at domestic violence.

What about the murdering type?

Anything is possible, but what would the guy gain in a positive sense, from fabricating something like this?

If he lied? He wastes time, and looks like a jerk, at best. As it is, even among those of us who find him credible, no one seems to be coming out and saying "Well, thank god for Roadside Guy! He saved the day!"

I mean, a couple of minutes in a YouTube video? Seems pretty lame to risk your job over?
IMO the tow guy was simply mistaken about the identities of couple he dealt with. But at the same time it's not all that unusual these days to see someone inserting themselves into a case to satisfy whatever need they may have. In the Los Angeles case of the woman who plowed down LaBrea Ave and killed 6 people with her Mercedes some woman was interviewed by msm who claimed she was a friend. Turns out it was some stranger looking for attention.

I would very much like to see LE vet this witness statement. Otherwise IMO it's just another social media rumor. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks