Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple more vehicles arrived, other vehicles moving around, looks like they're trying to figure the best way to get the tow truck near the water, maybe?
I am watching it live as well. It is so sad to watch. That being said, yes, they are about to get things ready to pull the car out. From the angle provided on the cam, the car does not look to be very far in the water based on the buoy.

when watching TV from the states i'd always see those water driving messages, you know if you are around water even in good weather, slow down etc
we don't really get those here in Australia, but seeing just how many people end up in these water ways, its very sad

An accident into water was the overwhelmingly likely outcome in this case. I had to leave the thread after LE kept suggesting Kiely had been abducted. Those statements caused the friends and partygoers to be subject to so much unwarranted scrutiny.

The lack of rationality on all sides, even from LE, makes many cases hard to follow. I can only assume overconfidence about "clearing" areas clouds opinions in these cases. Over and over we see people found within areas that had allegedly been searched and cleared, deceased from the likeliest outcomes-accident, suicide, or OD, after weeks of wild speculation about foul play. I'm just a bystander and I find it infinitely frustrating, but I can't imagine what it's like for the people who end up in the social media crosshairs as complicit or possible perps.

It's not what happens to us specifically, but what happens to others. This sort of thing happens with incredible frequency, whether those involved survive or not.

But I obviously see where you're coming from.
Yep agreed that was the realization about bias. If someone's body doesn't reject the substances, they can get "blackout" drunk and not even remember the next day where they were. So then I guess you could drive into a lake.

I'm really hoping the autopsy will be clear one way or another so the murkiness about other people who may have been there will not linger.

Anyway, a sad day for the family.

Yes, all good questions and thoughts. The party attendees may not have been able to answer the question of what happened to her, but they need to provide LE answers to parking, if there was any activity in this area, etc.

Frankly, it’s hard to believe that - if this is really the party hub others have claimed it is - this hasn’t happened before considering how easily accessible the banks of this reservoir are.

JMO
The water level is low this year. I was surprised when I looked at this map. Compared to earlier maps, the sandy part of the shore is much larger. Droughts have been announced in the USA this year, and have been seen in Europe and many other countries. Was the lower water level a factor in her perceptions, parking locations, party locations?

Google Maps 2022

1661133148253.png

An accident into water was the overwhelmingly likely outcome in this case. I had to leave the thread after LE kept suggesting Kiely had been abducted. Those statements caused the friends and partygoers to be subject to so much unwarranted scrutiny.

The lack of rationality on all sides, even from LE, makes many cases hard to follow. I can only assume overconfidence about "clearing" areas clouds opinions in these cases. Over and over we see people found within areas that had allegedly been searched and cleared, deceased from the likeliest outcomes-accident, suicide, or OD, after weeks and weeks of wild speculation about foul play. I'm just a bystander and I find it infinitely frustrating, but I can't imagine what it's like for the people who end up in the social media crosshairs as complicit or possible perps.
In defense of law enforcement here, they had to cover their bases. They said they were treating this as a possible abduction because of the fact her car was missing.

Despite that, the search efforts continued in the immediate area.

You only get one chance to get a criminal investigation right, so I'd rather them be wrong 99% of the time, than not handle it that way and play catch-up.

Even if they had come out and been a bit more direct, saying "we think an abduction is very unlikely," I think we still would have seen the social media insanity that we always see.

I guess I would prefer that though.

Yes, I watched enough of the video to get the location. If you think the location is incorrect, please let me know - I'll double check. I'm curious about how she ended upside down in 14 feet of water. The water has steep drops near shore, but did the water appear like a puddle mirage, did she push the gas when she meant to push the brakes, what happened? Was she intoxicated and unable to drive?

Where was the party, where did people park. This could be suicide, accident, or murder. Toxicology will tell us whether she was in any condition to drive.

View attachment 360935
I don't think there is any evidence (at this point) that this was a suicide. By all accounts Kiely had plans for her future, a number of good friends and a stable home life.
IMO this is simply a heartbreaking case of a young person under the influence of alcohol or another substance that was unable to navigate her vehicle safely home.

In defense of law enforcement here, they had to cover their bases. They said they were treating this as a possible abduction because of the fact her car was missing.

Despite that, the search efforts continued in the immediate area.

You only get one chance to get a criminal investigation right, so I'd rather them be wrong 99% of the time, than not handle it that way and play catch-up.

Even if they had come out and been a bit more direct, saying "we think an abduction is very unlikely," I think we still would have seen the social media insanity that we always see.

I guess I would prefer that though.
I suppose, but if LE had gone with the 95% likelihood she'd had an accident into the water and done an immediate thorough, methodical search, this family might be able to have one last viewing and say goodbye to their daughter. I'm not trying to put LE on blast, I understand what you're saying, but failure to eliminate the strongest possibility put this family (and Kiely's friends) through weeks of suffering.

Yeah not at all. All those things, plus cars (likely) continuously coming and going. That's why I wasn't concerned with people supposedly not coming forward.

No one saw a thing.
What about someone seeing her leaving. Perhaps LE knew this and didn't want it made public for the integrity of the investigaion, JMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01