Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madyson-surveillance-flier-JPG-1.jpg
More information about the scooter from the above flyer:

"The scooter has pink handlebar "?" (can't read it) and a multi color LED lightup "?" (Can't read it)

*still looking for a hi resolution flyer

if this was a little boy I would be worried about the water.

with a little girl I worry about a predator who is probably hiding in plain sight.:(

Any other attempted abductions or missing children/unsolved cases in the area?

BBM:

Search underway for girl, 8, missing in Santa Cruz
http://m.kcra.com/news/search-underway-for-girl-8-missing-in-santa-cruz/34373512

"Authorities are searching the woods and parks around the arts center and the nearby San Lorenzo River waterway and levees.

The center provides affordable housing and studios to musicians, artists and dancers.

Santa Cruz police frequently patrol a bike trail behind the center along the river. The path has been a hotspot for drugs."

FBI joins search for missing Santa Cruz 8-year-old girl
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...-residents-search-for-missing-8-year-old-girl

AR-150729727.jpeg
Madyson’s mother, Laura Jordan, hasn’t seen her daughter since Sunday afternoon. (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

Snip

"The scooter has not been recovered, nor has any other evidence of anything Maddy had with her Sunday, Blaschke said.

Madyson was visiting her mother, Laura Jordan, who lives at the Tannery Arts Center.

Jordan, 42, described her daughter as a vocal and smart girl who loves swimming and dancing and has a dog. Jordan, who has lived at the Tannery for about six years, said there are about 350 people living at the Tannery and just about everybody knows each other.

“She knows not to ride around the back of the building because it’s heroin highway,” Jordan said Monday morning.

Jordan said Sunday afternoon Maddy was underneath the window playing. She was supposed to have a play date with another little girl from the complex. While communicating with the child’s mother, she realized Maddy was missing.

She said a group of 200 folks fanned out again this morning. Jordan said her daughter has never gone exploring at the river alone, which they call Fairy Glen.

The back of the residential facility at the center is next to a concrete path and a heavily wooded area that leads to the river. The center is across the street from the city’s Homeless Services Center. The area is known for criminal problems relating to drugs and homeless issues.

Jordan said she believes the Tannery Arts Center is safe, but thinks the area outside the center is not and that Maddy knew to stay inside the complex."

"Deputy Chief Steve Clark said the case doesn’t meet the criteria to issue a statewide amber alert.

Surveillance video showed Madyson by the mailboxes at 5:05 p.m. by the living spaces near the trails by the San Lorenzo River. The Tannery sits between the river and Highway 9.

Among the groups searching are folks from Take Back Santa Cruz, a standup paddleboarding group and a group from Watsonville."

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...-residents-search-for-missing-8-year-old-girl

FBI joins search for missing Santa Cruz 8-year-old girl

View attachment 78877
Madyson’s mother, Laura Jordan, hasn’t seen her daughter since Sunday afternoon. (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

Snip

"The scooter has not been recovered, nor has any other evidence of anything Maddy had with her Sunday, Blaschke said.

Madyson was visiting her mother, Laura Jordan, who lives at the Tannery Arts Center.

Jordan, 42, described her daughter as a vocal and smart girl who loves swimming and dancing and has a dog. Jordan, who has lived at the Tannery for about six years, said there are about 350 people living at the Tannery and just about everybody knows each other.

“She knows not to ride around the back of the building because it’s heroin highway,” Jordan said Monday morning.

Jordan said Sunday afternoon Maddy was underneath the window playing. She was supposed to have a play date with another little girl from the complex. While communicating with the child’s mother, she realized Maddy was missing.

She said a group of 200 folks fanned out again this morning. Jordan said her daughter has never gone exploring at the river alone, which they call Fairy Glen.

The back of the residential facility at the center is next to a concrete path and a heavily wooded area that leads to the river. The center is across the street from the city’s Homeless Services Center. The area is known for criminal problems relating to drugs and homeless issues.

Jordan said she believes the Tannery Arts Center is safe, but thinks the area outside the center is not and that Maddy knew to stay inside the complex."

Is Mom a dancer? this arts center has housing for the ballet company.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/opinion/20140304/editorial-once-again-san-lorenzo-river-revival-is-the-topic

BBM:

"This is not a river taking a long path from an alpine source, across states and borders. The San Lorenzo begins its short journey in the Santa Cruz Mountains and flows 29.3 miles through the San Lorenzo Valley before emptying into Monterey Bay near the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk."

Snip

Soon after the epic flood, government agencies stepped in to "protect" the city from its river. A levee system was constructed to keep the river within its banks as it flowed through town on the way to the sea. While the levees worked in terms of flood control, they turned what was once a tree-lined stretch of river into what it looks like today, essentially a drainage system devoid of character."

Qmfr / jumping off my post, sorry for the multiple posts:
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/op...-again-san-lorenzo-river-revival-is-the-topic

BBM:

"This is not a river taking a long path from an alpine source, across states and borders. The San Lorenzo begins its short journey in the Santa Cruz Mountains and flows 29.3 miles through the San Lorenzo Valley before emptying into Monterey Bay near the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk."

Snip

Soon after the epic flood, government agencies stepped in to "protect" the city from its river. A levee system was constructed to keep the river within its banks as it flowed through town on the way to the sea. While the levees worked in terms of flood control, they turned what was once a tree-lined stretch of river into what it looks like today, essentially a drainage system devoid of character."

http://beachboardwalk.com/

http://ecotopia.org/trail/levee/

The San Lorenzo River levee promenade

"Paved pathways along both banks of the San Lorenzo River bring together the East and West loops of the Circle Trail. The river cuts through downtown Santa Cruz from the redwoods to Monterey Bay. The levee path extends for a mile and a half from Highway 1 to the river mouth, next to the Beach Boardwalk."

levee.jpg

Note: Highway 9 was mentioned upstream, trying to get a grasp of the area...

I spent my childhood wandering the Santa Cruz boardwalk. It is full of families and other kids. Very crowded. If she made it to the boardwalk I think she would have been safe and found some kids to scooter with.

It is the trail to the boardwalk that is dangerous, imo. Lots of shady creepers lurking about in the shadows.

It is the trail to the boardwalk that is dangerous, imo. Lots of shady creepers lurking about in the shadows.

Yup, I agree. I never felt safe walking near there when I was a student. I love Santa Cruz, but it definitely attracts a large transient population and it has a strange history. Now that could mean nothing at all in this case, but when I saw that she disappeared from River St and they tracked her near the beach, I definitely did a double-take.

Maddy doesn't live with mom? I've heard several times that she was visiting mom? So does she live with dad? Grandparents? Aunts and Uncles? Foster care? Just wondering.

(O/T, wow, interesting:
Santa Cruz installs high pitch noise boxes along San Lorenzo River levee
http://ksbw.com/news/santa-cruz-installs-noise-boxes-along-san-lorenzo-river-levee/27963182

"Santa Cruz city officials installed boxes that produce an annoying noise along the San Lorenzo River levee to deter people from hanging out there.

The boxes let out a high frequency sound that is so annoying it causes headaches and thwarts unwanted company."

Snip

"The levee downtown has many paths along it, and city planners were concerned about walkers and bicyclists running into seedy characters too frequently."

slr-jpg.jpg
Boxes called The Mosquito were planted along the San Lorenzo River levee in downtown Santa Cruz

*more at link )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member