Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my interest as well. The why, factors, environment, genetics etc. My son's pediatrician (in her 40s) said they are now being taught to focus on mental health vs "immunizations" (as they have a handle on this). My son is 12, adhd, short term memory issues, perceptual reasoning issues, anxiety. He was fully tested last summer by an awesome psychologist (recommended by ped dr). New meds and school grades from c's, d's and e's to a's, b's c's. So glad they helped me with my frustration with the school's lack of help :)

That is my interest as well. The why, factors, environment, genetics etc. My son's pediatrician (in her 40s) said they are now being taught to focus on mental health vs "immunizations" (as they have a handle on this). My son is 12, adhd, short term memory issues, perceptual reasoning issues, anxiety. He was fully tested last summer by an awesome psychologist (recommended by ped dr). New meds and school grades from c's, d's and e's to a's, b's c's. So glad they helped me with my frustration with the school's lack of help :)

That's great! :)

That supposed R.E.M. version of Mad World that keeps getting posted is NOT R.E.M. It's Gary Jules

I think people are getting R.E.M. confused with Tears For Fears - one of the band members wrote "Mad World."

[video=youtube;SFsHSHE-iJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsHSHE-iJQ[/video]

Having seen photos of the children who are neighbors and friends of Maddy happily doing art, music and dance, I am heartbroken for them. They may eventually heal, but they can't help but carry emotional scars from this tragedy with them for the rest of their lives. To live in such a happy, trusting, artistic and empowering community and to have one of your own assaulted and murdered so brutally by one of your own...I have no words. Just hugs for all these poor kids. My hope is that the art that draws families to live there will be a form of therapy for their children.

ADHD is not a special ed category, It is considered a medical diagnosis. So, no IEP's in school for ADHD. But, you probably can get a 504 plan if you feel he stills needs a little extra. Some modifications can be made such as where he sits in class , for instance. The Special Ed Law is Federal PL 94- 142 and identifies the categories that get special education.

Having seen photos of the children who are neighbors and friends of Maddy happily doing art, music and dance, I am heartbroken for them. They may eventually heal, but they can't help but carry emotional scars from this tragedy with them for the rest of their lives. To live in such a happy, trusting, artistic and empowering community and to have one of your own assaulted and murdered so brutally by one of your own...I have no words. Just hugs for all these poor kids. My hope is that the art that draws families to live there will be a form of therapy for their children.

And all of the oportunities he was provided such as being a counselor for two years at the art camp. He probably got a lot of positive affirmations from people who trusted and liked him.

Trust betrayed in this manner is going to go deep into the souls of these people.

I'm not directing this post at you, just bouncing off it.
This is good! Finally! Perhaps there is hope for the future now that pediatricians can assess ALL behavioral health needs. There are not enough child psychiatrists to handle all of our children.
As a Pediatric nurse and Mom of 2 with ADHD (now grown) IMO, ADHD is really just the tip of the iceberg.
If pediatricians screen for behavioral health problems and nip them in the bud, while Kids are still young, I feel like in the long run our young adults would have better coping skills less severe problems.

Baby steps...
http://www.apa.org/pi/families/resources/primary-care/integrating-services.aspx

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

ADHD is not a special ed category, It is considered a medical diagnosis. So, no IEP's in school for ADHD. But, you probably can get a 504 plan if you feel he stills needs a little extra. Some modifications can be made such as where he sits in class , for instance. The Special Ed Law is Federal PL 94- 142 and identifies the categories that get special education.

Not that I'm nitpicking, but you've not been misinformed. ANY student whose learning is interrupted or impeded to the point where they need special instruction, is eligible for IEP. All children with ADD and ADHD are eligible, but that does not mean all children will receive IEP

Yes, I was finally able to get a 504 Plan last year (didn't help too much) and this past year. He was Dx'd when he was 6 (now age 12). With the change in meds at start of this school year and addendum to his 504 plan with the help of the psychologist's input - big changes. He was also tested as being very impulsive. His dad (my ex), is a narcisstic personality type. (bully, impulsive, anger, controlling, etc). It took over 2 years for my son not to be so angry at me for divorcing his dad. He knew I was doing for him and myself.

I'm not directing this post at you, just bouncing off it.
This is good! Finally! Perhaps there is hope for the future now that pediatricians can assess ALL behavioral health needs. There are not enough child psychiatrists to handle all of our children.
As a Pediatric nurse and Mom of 2 with ADHD (now grown) IMO, ADHD is really just the tip of the iceberg.
If pediatricians screen for behavioral health problems and nip them in the bud, while Kids are still young, I feel like in the long run our young adults would have better coping skills less severe problems.

Baby steps...
http://www.apa.org/pi/families/resources/primary-care/integrating-services.aspx

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

That is excellent. Parents listen to doctors, I think.

As a teacher, it was really hard to tell parents there might be an issue. I usually asked them if they would have a speech and language assessment . I had to try interventions and if that did not work, the child could have an assessment from the speech lang person.

I know doctors where I live have parents fill out a developmental checklist and have for several years.

I wish parenting was taught in school starting at a fairly young age. Hopefully things could be taught that someone would not find objectional. I know there are atill people that believe in spanking and if you don't spank, you are ruining the child. So I am not sure what could be taught that someone would not be up in arms about.

Holding your baby instead of putting the baby in a container ( car seat, baby seat, play pen) all day. Not sticiking a baby in front of a TV. Letting children make choices.

I could go on and on because this topic has been in my heart forever. I loved the students I taught ( in my teacher way. Not as much as a parent could)

Those bright eyes full of hope for their lives. Even him( won't say his name) was a baby and a toddler. A cutie. Deserving of what life offers. Not to turn into one of the worst of horrendous souless monsters.

Things seem to have strayed Off Topic and stayed there. Please return to the subject at hand. Maddy and the crimes committed by the young man being charged as an adult.

Thank you,

tlcya

Yes, I was finally able to get a 504 Plan last year (didn't help too much) and this past year. He was Dx'd when he was 6 (now age 12). With the change in meds at start of this school year and addendum to his 504 plan with the help of the psychologist's input - big changes. He was also tested as being very impulsive. His dad (my ex), is a narcisstic personality type. (bully, impulsive, anger, controlling, etc). It took over 2 years for my son not to be so angry at me for divorcing his dad. He knew I was doing for him and myself.

Sounds like you are on top of it!

I cannot tell you how often I have seen the mother cast as the bad guy when the father is the one who truly is at fault. It does not always take two. Don't believe that at all.

I know the people who have had problems never said what the father was really like since he is the child's father.

What do you think? Should the mother tell or not?

I don't like how this reporter and attorney are IMO trying to play on peoples' sympathies. There are so many people in worse situations who raise children and their children don't go around murdering innocent, little, children. IMO whatever made AJ "tick" is not because of his upbringing, he has mental illness(es). AJ's threats of suicide, I suspect they were attention seeking threats. Whether they were a cry for help or just to get attention is yet to be revealed. I believe had he really been serious about suicide, that deeply depressed, he would have done it a while ago or just after he raped and murdered Maddy. There would have been reports of cutting/self mutilation, attempts to OD on meds, he would have been depressed not wanting to be around others...but apparently he was very much involved in the community, or other tell tale signs of suicidal tendencies. Will we eventually find out he had other sexual assault victims? Maybe so. And if so, I bet we will see that his talks/indications of suicide coincides with those assaults. Again IMO the suicide talks were attention seeking tactics.

I suspect there were other parents in that complex (or elsewhere) who had limited funds or no job, who are single parents and had left their partner because of infidelity or because of a criminal history. Perhaps many used food stamps and found themselves living temporarily with friends or relatives until they got their act together. When someone makes sexual advances toward you, you have the right to refuse them, not complying and if they insist, go to law enforcement. BTW which she eventually did and ended up with an undisclosed sum of money. ALL MOO.

People close to the Gonzalez family, including a civil attorney who represented Gonzalez' mother, Reje "Reggie" Dimailig Factor, for years, described an upbringing shattered by divorce and a frequent lack of money, employment and housing.

"She's had a difficult life," said Linda Jovich, a former Scotts Valley attorney who represented Factor in a recent civil case.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...ily-life-and-death-santa-cruz?source=infinite

IIRC... Ted Bundy found out his "parents" were actually his grandparents...

and his "sister" was actually his mom?

That revelation would be psychologically disturbing... IMO...

(Am I thinking of another Serial Killer?)

additionally... Ted Bundy is often described as "very handsome and charming"...

IMO... Being charming is a characteristic of many sociopaths...

and as for being "handsome"... Maybe he is just handsome when compared to the other serial killers... Kwim? (Like... He is voted "Most Sexy" of Serial Killers...:wink:)

JMO...
BBM. A good friend of mine in college revealed she was in the same situation to me. Her mother had been a young unwed mother, so her grandparents raised her as "older parents" and she grew up thinking her mother was her sister and her uncle- her brother. She didn't turn out to be a killer- she's a college professor.

I think people are getting R.E.M. confused with Tears For Fears - one of the band members wrote "Mad World."

[video=youtube;SFsHSHE-iJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsHSHE-iJQ[/video]
No I'm not confused! Tears for fears does a rendition as well.

Not that I'm nitpicking, but you've not been misinformed. ANY student whose learning is interrupted or impeded to the point where they need special instruction, is eligible for IEP. All children with ADD and ADHD are eligible, but that does not mean all children will receive IEP

This is very complicated in that it is possible to receive services for ADHD or ADD alone. It has to be very severe.

I never saw it happen for ADHD or ADD alone. But of course I don't see all millions of students.

What I saw was it being addressed with medication. Even though people decry the use of medication for ADHD or ADD it is a life saver for the children. The difference is night and day.

If a child does not have ADHD or ADD, I doubt if the meds would help.

I do know of situations where it was probably not the problem.

I asked my son's teenage friend when they were teenagers what he thought of being on the meds. He was so happy that he could focus.

http://www.additudemag.com/adhd-web/article/625.html

BBM. A good friend of mine in college revealed she was in the same situation to me. Her mother had been a young unwed mother, so her grandparents raised her as "older parents" and she grew up thinking her mother was her sister and her uncle- her brother. She didn't turn out to be a killer- she's a college professor.

I think the grandfather was thought to be the father. That is he abused his daughter. But there is plenty more that happened in the Bundy family.

I don't like how this reporter and attorney are IMO trying to play on peoples' sympathies. There are so many people in worse situations who raise children and their children don't go around murdering innocent, little, children. IMO whatever made AJ "tick" is not because of his upbringing, he has mental illness(es). AJ's threats of suicide, I suspect they were attention seeking threats. Whether they were a cry for help or just to get attention is yet to be revealed. I believe had he really been serious about suicide, that deeply depressed, he would have done it a while ago or just after he raped and murdered Maddy. There would have been reports of cutting/self mutilation, attempts to OD on meds, he would have been depressed not wanting to be around others...but apparently he was very much involved in the community, or other tell tale signs of suicidal tendencies. Will we eventually find out he had other sexual assault victims? Maybe so. And if so, I bet we will see that his talks/indications of suicide coincides with those assaults. Again IMO the suicide talks were attention seeking tactics.

I suspect there were other parents in that complex (or elsewhere) who had limited funds or no job, who are single parents and had left their partner because of infidelity or because of a criminal history. Perhaps many used food stamps and found themselves living temporarily with friends or relatives until they got their act together. When someone makes sexual advances toward you, you have the right to refuse them, not complying and if they insist, go to law enforcement. BTW which she eventually did and ended up with an undisclosed sum of money. ALL MOO.

People close to the Gonzalez family, including a civil attorney who represented Gonzalez' mother, Reje "Reggie" Dimailig Factor, for years, described an upbringing shattered by divorce and a frequent lack of money, employment and housing.

"She's had a difficult life," said Linda Jovich, a former Scotts Valley attorney who represented Factor in a recent civil case.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...ily-life-and-death-santa-cruz?source=infinite

YOu know, his life in this article describes the life of millions of kids...and many, many have it worse. Yet, these crimes (A juvenile murdering and raping) are exceedingly rare statistically. So, it's something else IMO. If these things could cause a kid to break and turn into a child rapist and murder...we would see a lot more teenage child rapist/murders. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse