CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that theory is that after driving up there he remained there for the next 4 plus hours until phoning and texting friend.
My original theory was he drove up there and took a nap and awoke at 11:30 when someone approached him. Based on what you have said and what has been released, it just doesn't sound like he would take off on his own. By all accounts he just got a new apartment, had a steady job, was really transitioning into an "adult" time in his life.

I do hope you have some answers soon. Matthew is lucky to have his family out there advocating for him in this investigation.

This could very possibly be the case if we take into account that he was "partying" all night and then took the drive up.

Thinking about the bumper coming off, it's hard for me to imagine it falling off from racing up (or down) a rough road that short of a distance. Considering MW's possibly intoxicated or impaired state, maybe he was involved in a hit and run?

The problem with that theory is that after driving up there he remained there for the next 4 plus hours until phoning and texting friend.

There's also no other activity on his phone that would indicate that people would know where to find him or were contacting him to find out his whereabouts.

I suppose they could have seen the snapchat posting but the Dateline article (which was very good and a welcome alternative to the hysteria/bluster/ego-ranting of the Local) says the snap was posted at 5.30 or 6 am. If so, whoever was pursuing him would have turned up six hours later still expecting him to be there and without confirming that he was still there.

Is it possible that Matthew was using another messaging service, like WhatsApp?

No other way out in a vehicle but plenty of ways to hike out. Also, the video of the vehicle entering is from a good distance and only confirms a vehicle went by , not good enough to see who is driving. It is entirely possible it would not pick up someone walking out depending on their motion sensitivity- so no, not seen walking out on the camera, but that is inconclusive.

Was it the front or rear bumper that came off?

Does anybody know where they partied? Did they party in the same location? The park opens at 6am officially if I see that right. A lot of hiking pages mention it is gated so as mentioned before it sounds like it is gated for a majority of the time and then the gate is open every once in a while, maybe with work vehicles going up there? Hiking pages seem to mention that the road is paved all the way to the tower? Do we know whether he has been there before? Maybe upon arrival the gate was open and the road looked paved so he figured he would drive the car up and see where to park up there?

I am wondering about the distressed message. The Dateline article mentions that he tried to call the female friend he partied with at 11:30. 19 minutes later she texts him back she is at work and asking what's up. 4 Minutes later he texts back the distressed sounding message. So if he was scared or in some bad situation at 11:30...wouldn't he have tried to call someone else or 911 in the 19 minutes that it takes her to reply? That doesn't seem right. Unless it is in regards to a situation that only she knows about or would understand maybe relating back to the partying earlier in the night?
@joeconejo Can you confirm that no other contacts were made with his phone between his phone call at 11:30 to the female friend and the message he received back from her 19 minutes later? Am I the only one that thinks this is strange? There is of course the possibility that this message wasn't actually sent by him but somebody else. It is worded legitimately distressed though which is confusing if there were no other contacts made with anybody else?

Moving from his home into an apartment with roommates is in my mind, a big stressor. Especially if this is his first time moving out of the house. On top of that, he broke up with his longterm girlfriend. He may have convinced others that things were swell when in reality, he was struggling big time. I feel really bad for this young man.

I couldn’t agree with you more! Her last article had simple typos and was all over the place and looks as though she didn’t even proof read her article. She also posted something very disturbing in the past about Matthew and quickly deleted it and I just can’t trust anything she writes.
I never got a chance to see the article about Matthew. She had removed it by the time i went to access it. CeCe flew over the cuckoo nest.

I agree and she continues to 'update' the piece. It originally stated at the beginning of the article that MW dropped off his female friend at the Topanga gate at 5 am. She started off the article with erroneous information. The new updated version states that "The trunk lock on Matthew’s car was damaged from the inside" which is where I first heard about. Now we have MW's uncle state otherwise. So it makes me wonder where she is getting her info and why she as a 'Reporter' is making statements without properly vetting it. It's pretty irresponsible and unprofessional. All her articles read more like that of a sensational blogger, not a news reporter.

So being that she is also the source of the message "Some crazy s**t is going on" I have to take it all with a grain of salt.

Yep. Shes a piece of work.

No other way out in a vehicle but plenty of ways to hike out. Also, the video of the vehicle entering is from a good distance and only confirms a vehicle went by , not good enough to see who is driving. It is entirely possible it would not pick up someone walking out depending on their motion sensitivity- so no, not seen walking out on the camera, but that is inconclusive.
Wow, its starting to really look like someone may have driven his car in there to dump it and then hike out without being noticed. This is such an overwhelming thought.

Not the same canyon, about 2.5 miles away as the crow flies.
Please correct me if I'm wrong on the location, but it looks like the Topanga Tower Motorway is very close (less than a mile) to an armed robbery on Moonrise Drive on the 19th of September at 4:50am according to CrimeMapping.com. When I googled I couldn't find more information about this incident...which is strange. Further down the road is the location the body found (Roger Chavez Barahona) in July.

Attachments

• moonrise.JPG
    moonrise.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 15
The thing about Moonrise Drive
Malibu, CA 90265 is that it's a gated community.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on the location, but it looks like the Topanga Tower Motorway is very close (less than a mile) to an armed robbery on Moonrise Drive on the 19th of September at 4:50am according to CrimeMapping.com. When I googled I couldn't find more information about this incident...which is strange. Further down the road is the location the body found (Roger Chavez Barahona) in July.

The thing about Moonrise Drive
Malibu, CA 90265 is that it's a gated community.
Thank you for the info. I am curious to why I can't find any news coverage of this incident? I am guessing since it's gated and those are more affluent homes the general thought is that crimes there would be targeted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214