CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused however. Since Day 1 I was under the impression that the marriage was irretrievably broken. They were living separately within the same house.
—-
I really need to understand the dynamic in that house. Were they just experiencing marital problems over the past year or were they truly separated?
———
Why were they still cohabitating? Did Covid cause force this situation?
——
It sounds like a tense, toxic dynamic in that house and a very stressful situation for everyone-children included. It was a simmering powder keg.
——-
MOO it is always a dangerous thing to continue to cohabitate with with a spouse when you are intending to divorce.

IMO, the pandemic itself has made it much more common for divorcing or separated couples to remain in the same house. In addition to it being even more of a hassle than usual for interested parties to visit potential apartments or homes, the economic effects have meant that some couples have lost income from one or both partners, which might make it impossible for one person to move out while the other stays and pays the rent or mortgage. Add to those factors the presence of young children who likely were home most of the day, remotely attending school, and I could understand if Maya was willing to stay under the same roof with LM.

On a related note: what is LM’s profession? Do we know? I have been assuming MM was the breadwinner but realized I did not know that for sure.

One question: Did LE ask LM if he knew MM's appointment with the divorce lawyer and what they were arguing in the night before MM's disappearance?
Hi there. Great questions. We just found out there was an appt with a divorce attorney. Her family never mentioned it, that I know. Did they know? Stay tuned.

While I had time waiting for my taquitos to crisp, I listened to half of the husband's phone interview again.

Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm
  • 00:18 Give her space
  • 01:01 Give her space
  • 1:27 Give each other space. Well, I don't need space, she always wants her space.
  • 1:58 (JMO here, although locked in room all day Friday with daughters not home schooled and brother trying to talk to her thru door) LM hears her downstairs in kitchen, rustling around.
  • 4:44 He thought she "stepped up her game."

LE must have been aware of the divorce appointment and that bizarre Friday beach travel very early on, still it took so long to get a search warrant, why?
There was plenty of time to clean everything up. I truly hope they were keeping an eye on the husband from day 1. MOO
If there's charges coming, I hope we get similar cctv from car washes, shop receipts of binbags etc like with Gannon's murderer.
MOO of course.
I am so worried for those children, whoever is responsible for the disappearance of their mother, they need professional support and help asap.

Can CPS do regular checkups if May's family requests?

LE must have been aware of the divorce appointment and that bizarre Friday beach travel very early on, still it took so long to get a search warrant, why?
There was plenty of time to clean everything up. I truly hope they were keeping an eye on the husband from day 1. MOO
If there's charges coming, I hope we get similar cctv from car washes, shop receipts of binbags etc like with Gannon's murderer.
MOO of course.
I am so worried for those children, whoever is responsible for the disappearance of their mother, they need professional support and help asap.

Can CPS do regular checkups if May's family requests?
I believe anyone can ask for a welfare check to be performed on the children, to make sure everything is okay.

I hope at the very beginning LE got to speak to the kids although their father probably was there as well so who knows what they actually said. If they heard the argument - what time it was, 11 year olds are up way longer than a 4year old - whether they saw her afterwards at all.
I also am curious about the 11 year old, did she have a mobile phone?
MOO

Hi there. Great questions. We just found out there was an appt with a divorce attorney. Her family never mentioned it, that I know. Did they know? Stay tuned.

While I had time waiting for my taquitos to crisp, I listened to half of the husband's phone interview again.

Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm
  • 1:27 Give each other space. Well, I don't need space, she always wants her space.
  • 1:58 (JMO here, although locked in room all day Friday with daughters not home schooled and brother trying to talk to her thru door) LM hears her downstairs in kitchen, rustling around.

That stepped up her game statement really bothered me. JMO

I know we are all worried about the children. I saw this video this morning, and thought others might appreciate knowing that the girl's school has stepped up with support.

I work in a school so I was expecting that, safeguarding is priority and taken extremely seriously.
Are they still home learning there? Am in UK and due to lockdown schools are all online. Most schools here now do at least one zoom/Google meets for every class. I do hope these children are seen daily by professionals. MOO

I work in a school so I was expecting that, safeguarding is priority and taken extremely seriously.
Are they still home learning there? Am in UK and due to lockdown schools are all online. Most schools here now do at least one zoom/Google meets for every class. I do hope these children are seen daily by professionals. MOO
In the clip, he mentions they are still schooling virtually. It would be interesting to know who is the home proctor; dad or grandma.

I still think those kids should be removed from the home until LE formally clears the father.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I know we are all worried about the children. I saw this video this morning, and thought others might appreciate knowing that the girl's school has stepped up with support.

Thank you for posting this @Windsortie. The school family sounds like a very active group.

And, it was impressive that the principal learned of Maya's disappearance so early in the investigation. I believe he said it was the evening (Sunday) the police came to the family home, January 10th. Wonder who called the school?

Using the word "space" five times in the first 1 1/2 minutes is what I call trying to paint a picture. Leaves out all details of the time of the argument, and doesn't say where she went then right after the argument... he just says it again, he gave her space then, too.
animated-space-travel-image-0005.gif

animated-space-travel-image-0007.gif

animated-planet-image-0077.gif

Been trying to concentrate on the word space because that was certainly what he gave her from what he said.
This desert is as desolate and unforgiving as it looks. Everything is dry and thirsty. There are huge spiders and some snakes here, some birds, and some jackrabbits, and when the wildflowers and cactus bloom, it might well be the most beautiful place on earth. But no one would be smart to go there to hike alone, or unprepared. Ever.
You said, "But no one would be smart to go there to hike alone, or unprepared. Ever."
So, the desert is huge and a vast stretch of space.
upload_2021-2-11_22-44-31-png.283868

BBM, I believe it's possible he found a spot back over the New Year's weekend when they were there with family.
Well, they're searching in Glamis and the Sand Highway where there is so much space. BBM and MOO

Let’s hope something breaks soon, I’m very confident LE is doing everything legally possible to get the evidence they need. It’s been my experience they LE are doing their due diligence and looking at every angle. The focus we are all giving this case definitely helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne