CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This stood out to me immediately. He’s talking waaaay too much about himself here. He’s not worried at all. I can’t tell if he’s laughing or breathing in quickly several times as well which disturbs me. When he says she stepped up her game, it sounds bitter. This is all MOO.
Yes, he comes across as having contempt for his wife.
This isn't looking particularly good for LM. That being said, just because someone acts weird or says thoughtless things doesn't mean they are a murderer. Still waiting on additional info from LE.
Not looking good all around.
Get those kids out of that house!

Amateur opinion and speculation

They are about to go over Larry's statement on Chris M's show, for whoever is interested. It's live now:

Haven't watched the discussion yet but this is so helpful to have the interview transcribed. Above I said that he was with the children doing the dinner/bath routine but actually he said "um" not "I'm" so it's still a bit unclear here. He did say "We can hear her downstairs" but this could just be a reference to him and his son. Still all a bit odd around here though IMO.

Purely MOO but on reading the transcript whilst listening to it again, I thought there was quite a bit of eagerness from LM to regularly put MM far away from the house. 8:49 - when asked if she would hike alone - sometimes, but only at the trail near the house. But most of the time she would take her car and go to trails further afield like Santee or La Mesa. The talk about the long hiking challenges. Then the wine tasting, wine tasting, wine tasting. It just comes across to me as a bit of diversion to further afield rather than closer to home.

Still intrigued at to who "Shane" is. Will have to do some digging.

One thing I meant to include in my first comment was my interpretation of the statement "It's embarrassing" by LM. IMO he's not referring to his embarrassment over the situation. In context he's talking about her running away and coming home. I believe he's referring to it possibly being embarrassing for MM to return to all the media attention. That was my interpretation anyway.

2/13/21 The Unsolved Casefile: Where is Maya Millete? - Court TV
Re: Mays sister talking with the children Sat ....
Maricris says the 9 yr old said she saw her mom last on Thursday night.
Maricris goes on to say that the girls said they did not see their mom all day Friday.
Maricris says they did not see their mom for 11 hours ..Then Dad came home.
She also says that when she ,Maricris, tried & tried to call on Friday not only Mays phone went to v/mail but LMs phone and the children’s phones all went to v/mail.

MOO

Last edited:
I'll do my best here to make notes about what was said in "The Interview Room" video. Please let me know if something is incorrect, those who watched. Sometimes it's challenging to get all the details when they are all speaking at once, but there is so very much to learn from these gentlemen! :)

(The interview being discussed is the only one LM gave with the reporter.)

Lacks detail, no emotion, no sense of attachment, references the past, no specificity, no level of worry. However, when LM says things like "well, sometimes she'll stay out until 2:30 am, it shows that there is some sort of monitoring going on in the relationship. Relationship troubles.

Her victimology is low risk, meaning it's likely someone very close to her that has caused her disappearance (unless there was some activity that took her out of her low-risk lifestyle). We don't have enough info to know which of these Maya is right now.

The use of words like "embarrassing," "surreal," "mind-numbing," are red flags. Discussing May's drinking is victim-shaming. He builds himself up to be the "good guy," which always sends out alarm bells. "She needs space, I don't" is LM putting her disappearance on May's shoulders.

That he makes it a point to mention the argument at all is concerning and significant, and tells us it's possibly a triggering event for him. Triggering events are typically preceded by precipitating stressors.

LM is asked about the last time he saw May, and he starts discussing, in detail, issues they were having and the argument they had before she disappeared. He minimizes the argument by saying they "kinda" got into an argument. He's minimizing it because it was significant to him. All the problems they'd been having "for the last year" was the build up to that last night he saw her. "I give her space" tells us that it's ongoing, and that he was "giving her space" during this year they've been having problems. (He didn't say "I gave her space" the last time he saw her, he said he gives her space, so it's for a longer period of time). His brain is recalling the buildup of the last time he saw her.

The reporter says, "So you got into an argument, and the last time you saw her was in the house?" LM replies, "Yes, briefly." Briefly implies that it's possible whatever happened started in the house, but then possibly moved to a different location.

He becomes wordy, and uses descriptive words like physically, visually, rustling around, making dinner, to describe seeing her in the house on Friday, but he is trying to convince the listener that he saw her Friday. When you take that into context with him saying he "knows that the first 48-72 hours are the most important in a missing persons case" + him delaying her brother with the locked bedroom door + delaying the family coming over until Saturday, he is making sure that those first 48-72 hours is passing before the cops are called. It's no coincidence that she wasn't reported missing for 72 hours after the last day she was seen.

He didn't use her name one time in that interview.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Will be continued in next post.

I'll do my best here to make notes about what was said in "The Interview Room" video. Please let me know if something is incorrect, those who watched. Sometimes it's challenging to get all the details when they are all speaking at once, but there is so very much to learn from these gentlemen! :)

Lacks detail, no emotion, no sense of attachment, references the past, no specificity, no level of worry. However, when LM says things like "well, sometimes she'll stay out until 2:30 am, it shows that there is some sort of monitoring going on in the relationship. Relationship troubles.

Her victimology is low risk, meaning it's likely someone very close to her that has caused her disappearance (unless there was some activity that took her out of her low-risk lifestyle). We don't have enough info to know which of these Maya is right now.

The use of words like "embarrassing," "surreal," "mind-numbing," are red flags. Discussing May's drinking is victim-shaming. He builds himself up to be the "good guy," which always sends out alarm bells. "She needs space, I don't" is LM putting her disappearance on May's shoulders.

That he makes it a point to mention the argument at all is concerning and significant, and tells us it's possibly a triggering event for him. Triggering events are typically preceded by precipitating stressors.

LM is asked about the last time he saw May, and he starts discussing, in detail, issues they were having and the argument they had before she disappeared. He minimizes the argument by saying they "kinda" got into an argument. He's minimizing it because it was significant to him. All the problems they'd been having "for the last year" was the build up to that last night he saw her. "I give her space" tells us that it's ongoing, and that he was "giving her space" during this year they've been having problems. (He didn't say "I gave her space" the last time he saw her, he said he gives her space, so it's for a longer period of time). His brain is recalling the buildup of the last time he saw her.

The reporter says, "So you got into an argument, and the last time you saw her was in the house?" LM replies, "Yes, briefly." Briefly implies that it's possible whatever happened started in the house, but then possibly moved to a different location.

He becomes wordy, and uses descriptive words like physically, visually, rustling around, making dinner, to describe seeing her in the house on Friday, but he is trying to convince the listener that he saw her Friday. When you take that into context with him saying he "knows that the first 48-72 hours are the most important in a missing persons case" + him delaying her brother with the locked bedroom door + delaying the family coming over until Saturday, he is making sure that those first 48-72 hours is passing before the cops are called. It's no coincidence that she wasn't reported missing for 72 hours after the last day she was seen.

Even though the little boy is just three (?), I think a skilled investigator who knows how to interview kids could find out a lot. Especially about the beach trip.

amateur opinion and speculation

While listening to the experts I vividly recalled Fotis Dulos saying, "I just wish Jennifer would come back and clean up this mess."

Denigration is certainly part of a profile, maybe in this case too.

-Chris spoke with May's sister and BIL at length. She loves the desert, cars, adventure, she likes to cut loose on the weekends, and would NEVER miss her daughter's birthday.
She has a job with the federal govt. and what LM might not have been anticipating is that there is a parallel investigation taking place with NCIS. (Whoopsie.)

-LM was in the Navy for 4 years as a Corpsman. He was never deployed overseas and is not a combat veteran, although he portrays himself to be both.

-LE took May's car to pull electronics, and some other things that they will not discuss on the show.

-Chris says the case looks like it's steadily going in the right direction.

In victimology, we study the victim, and the risk level to determine if they are high, medium, or low-risk. Secondary, a risk assessment will be made, as to determine what is going on in victim's life leading up to the approximate time of the disappearance.

In suspectology, LE will do the same to anyone who emerges as a potential suspect. If they conclude that the victim is a low risk victim, which is most likely in May's case, then there is a high probability that the suspect is someone very close to her, whether that's an intimate relationship or a casual one. Someone close to the victim is most likely someone within that contingent level of relationship- intimate or casual.

It's a Crime asks what their thoughts are when the reporter asked if there was a man involved, and LM answered that Maya likes to go hiking in the desert. Very telling, could be a triggering point (of humiliation) and he's likely giving information away with that statement- that he thinks she's meeting someone when she goes hiking in the desert (or he has knowledge that she at one time did that). This also raises the possibility that she is somewhere in the desert, perhaps he took her there, and that could be why they are searching in the desert. It's definitely a focus of interest.

The commonality in C. Watts, Angela Greene's husband, B. Morphew, and LM (who all have wives that fell off the face of the earth) is that the husbands are controlling the narrative. Chris has a theory that they are all learning from each other through social media, crime shows, and podcasts, similar to how criminals learn in the prison system. (I agree!) Cyclical violence could very well be ramping up due to Covid.

They will do another show just focusing on Maya coming soon. (And I am here for it!)

Ooo interesting point made by D.Jackson about him commenting that his daughter like him doesn't want to open up and keeps things in a shell. Many on here have noted how sadly the 11 yr may hold the answers here. Is this him in his interview subconsciously saying she won't say anything because (pure speculation and opinion) - he's told her not too...?

-Chris spoke with May's sister and BIL at length. She loves the desert, cars, adventure, she likes to cut loose on the weekends, and would NEVER miss her daughter's birthday.
She has a job with the federal govt. and what LM might not have been anticipating is that there is a parallel investigation taking place with NCIS. (Whoopsie.)

-LM was in the Navy for 4 years as a Corpsman. He was never deployed overseas and is not a combat veteran, although he portrays himself to be both.

-LE took May's car to pull electronics, and some other things that they will not discuss on the show.

-Chris says the case looks like it's steadily going in the right direction.

In victimology, we study the victim, and the risk level to determine if they are high, medium, or low-risk. Secondary, a risk assessment will be made, as to determine what is going on in victim's life leading up to the approximate time of the disappearance.

In suspectology, LE will do the same to anyone who emerges as a potential suspect. If they conclude that the victim is a low risk victim, which is most likely in May's case, then there is a high probability that the suspect is someone very close to her, whether that's an intimate relationship or a casual one. Someone close to the victim is most likely someone within that contingent level of relationship- intimate or casual.

It's a Crime asks what their thoughts are when the reporter asked if there was a man involved, and LM answered that Maya likes to go hiking in the desert. Very telling, could be a triggering point (of humiliation) and he's likely giving information away with that statement- that he thinks she's meeting someone when she goes hiking in the desert (or he has knowledge that she at one time did that). This also raises the possibility that she is somewhere in the desert, perhaps he took her there, and that could be why they are searching in the desert. It's definitely a focus of interest.

The commonality in C. Watts, Angela Greene's husband, B. Morphew, and LM (who all have wives that fell off the face of the earth) is that the husbands are controlling the narrative. Chris has a theory that they are all learning from each other through social media, crime shows, and podcasts, similar to how criminals learn in the prison system. (I agree!) Cyclical violence could very well be ramping up due to Covid.

They will do another show just focusing on Maya coming soon. (And I am here for it!)

BBM
Texas Veterinarian Wendi Davidson killed & hid her husband,Michael Severance’s body. He was in the US Air Force . The Military went after her with a vengeance. They helped find Michael and helped put Wendi away. She lost every appeal too.
She never planned on THAT.
Just sayin...

MOO

2/13/21 The Unsolved Casefile: Where is Maya Millete? - Court TV
Re: Mays sister talking with the children Sat ....
Maricris says the 9 yr old said she saw her mom last on Thursday night.
Maricris goes on to say that the girls said they did not see their mom all day Friday.
Maricris says they did not see their mom for 11 hours ..Then Dad came home.
She also says that when she ,Maricris, tried & tried to call on Friday not only Mays phone went to v/mail but LMs phone and the children’s phones all went to v/mail.

MOO

BBM Plural, they both have phones then!
Why would both phones be switched off when no adult was with them for 11hours? I'm fixated on this but I feel this holds some answers.
My 12 yr old is stuck to her phone and sometimes texts me to bring her snacks etc during her online lessons.
If she woke up to an empty house, she'd call us. In emergency she'd go to neighbors. Moo

... a separate investigation because she was a Defense Contractor. Yes, they confirmed that there was probably another investigation going on through the NCIS. (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) I think it's because Maya worked with military contracts, they'd have to consider any connection of that to her disappearance. The show's panel said LM probably didn't think of that.
Within the Department of the Navy, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service is the civilian federal law enforcement agency uniquely responsible for investigating felony crime, preventing terrorism and protecting secrets for the Navy and Marine Corps...
> About NCIS (navy.mil)
I'm not sure how far NCIS goes in their investigation. They're concerned with national security and info getting in the hands of the wrong people. It's still up to CVPD to investigate this as a homicide and proceed. Initially, NCIS -- I just thought they'd be the ones that combed her phone and computer records more thoroughly. All MOO
BBM
Texas Veterinarian Wendi Davidson killed & hid her husband, Michael Severance’s body. He was in the US Air Force . The Military went after her with a vengeance. They helped find Michael and helped put Wendi away. She lost every appeal too.
She never planned on THAT.
Just sayin...
MOO
Interesting. He was active Air Force. Be nice if they went after this with a vengeance.
Thank You for transcribing that show. It was hard to catch everything being said. Yes, they confirmed NCIS is investigating as well. :)
He's slicker than people give him credit for, IMO. It seems he likes to portray himself as the victim in the marriage, but I get the feeling he might tell a lie or two now and then. Definitely MOO.

Last edited:
Why would both phones be switched off when no adult was with them for 11hours? I'm fixated on this but I feel this holds some answers.
Wow, you're right that why would the phones of daughter(s) being going to voicemail that whole Friday? Those girls were home all day and unreachable by phone. Did LM turn off the children's phone(s) somehow? Or worse, did LM involve them in not talking to anyone that day with some story? I worry the daughters may feel a need to protect their Dad.

My 12 yr old is stuck to her phone and sometimes texts me to bring her snacks etc during her online lessons.
If she woke up to an empty house, she'd call us. In emergency she'd go to neighbors. Moo

I wonder if MM/LM had set up their childrens' phones in such a way (or even just had a "house rule") that their cell phones would be powered off during school hours. This seems one likely explanation, at least to me...

Yes, he comes across as having contempt for his wife.
This isn't looking particularly good for LM. That being said, just because someone acts weird or says thoughtless things doesn't mean they are a murderer. Still waiting on additional info from LE.
Not looking good all around.
Get those kids out of that house!

Wow, you're right that why would the phones of daughter(s) being going to voicemail that whole Friday? Those girls were home all day and unreachable by phone. Did LM turn off the children's phone(s) somehow? Or worse, did LM involve them in not talking to anyone that day with some story? I worry the daughters may feel a need to protect their Dad.

Absolutely to both of these points! If he is guilty, I can only imagine the emotional manipulation he has over the kids. MOO. The relatives said in an interview that they seemed distant when they stopped by this weekend and are usually excited to see them.

MOO. Something that stands out to me, is the bedroom door being locked. I have a few theories if she wasn’t one to always lock her the door in the first place. Which btw makes no sense to do if he had a key.

1. Locking the door was his way of creating a story and delaying a missing persons search.
2.Something happened in that room on Thursday night and he locked it out of guilt (or just so he wasn’t reminded of what happened since according to him he doesn’t like to think about it (insert eye roll)), while also delaying anyone going in.

Absolutely to both of these points! If he is guilty, I can only imagine the emotional manipulation he has over the kids. MOO. The relatives said in an interview that they seemed distant when they stopped by this weekend and are usually excited to see them.
That's very worrisome. The children must be very confused and frightened. It sounded like Maya was very close to her children, and their well being should be evaluated by a professional IMO.

I wonder if MM/LM had set up their childrens' phones in such a way (or even just had a "house rule") that their cell phones would be powered off during school hours. This seems one likely explanation, at least to me...

Well, in this situation. It’s a reasonable suspicion.
Questionable circumstances because their mother is missing.
Worth pursuing. Easily explored & explained. Or not.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member