CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.10news.com/news/maya-millete/larry-millete-to-have-phone-privileges-restricted-in-jail
Larry Millete to have phone privileges restricted in jail
https://www.10news.com/news/maya-millete/larry-millete-to-have-phone-privileges-restricted-in-jail
SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — Larry Millete will have his phone privileges restricted while in jail, only able to call his attorney, according to a judge on Wednesday.

“I believe that you understood what your orders were and you violated them blatantly,” said Judge Maryann D’Addezio.

Prosecutors said Wednesday that the husband of missing Chula Vista mother Maya Millete has made more than 129 phone calls in jail, and about nine hours worth of those calls have been directly to his children. Some of those calls have been in the middle of the night.

Millete was arrested on Oct. 19 and charged with the murder of Maya by Chula Vista Police. Maya has been missing since January and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

He was given a protective order during the last hearing and told not to contact any witnesses or his three children. Prosecutors said he violated that order.

"Asked his 11-year-old to read headlines to him, asked to help calculate what the mortgage will be," prosecutors said.

Prosecutors alleged that he has asked the children to watch the movie “Shot Caller” and to read him news headlines. They feel like this is traumatizing the children more.

His attorney, Bonita Martinez, claimed he was never given a physical copy of the order, while the judge said he blatantly violated the order.

Millete's lawyer also said she will file a motion to modify the restraining order to try to allow him to contact his kids. His lawyer told ABC 10News that all phone calls he makes are monitored and recorded.

All I can say is WOW…these poor kids, I really feel for them. He’s so controlling, he can’t even stop himself while he’s in jail. SMH.

SAN DIEGO COUNTY, Calif. — The husband of missing mother Maya Millete returned to court Wednesday after he was accused of violating a protective order involving his three kids.

During last week's arraignment, a judge ordered Larry Millete not to have any contact with his kids.

Prosecutors said since then, he's made 129 phone calls from jail, and that includes 9 hours’ worth of calls to his kids. They said the calls were made from jail at all hours of the day, during school hours as well as late at night. One call was made at 1:48 a.m.

Judge rules Larry Millete violated protective order | cbs8.com

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — Larry Millete will have his phone privileges restricted while in jail, only able to call his attorney, according to a judge on Wednesday.

“I believe that you understood what your orders were and you violated them blatantly,” said Judge Maryann D’Addezio.

Prosecutors said Wednesday that the husband of missing Chula Vista mother Maya Millete has made more than 129 phone calls in jail, and about nine hours worth of those calls have been directly to his children. Some of those calls have been in the middle of the night.

Millete was arrested on Oct. 19 and charged with the murder of Maya by Chula Vista Police. Maya has been missing since January and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

He was given a protective order during the last hearing and told not to contact any witnesses or his three children. Prosecutors said he violated that order.

"Asked his 11-year-old to read headlines to him, asked to help calculate what the mortgage will be," prosecutors said.

Prosecutors alleged that he has asked the children to watch the movie “Shot Caller” and to read him news headlines. They feel like this is traumatizing the children more.

His attorney, Bonita Martinez, claimed he was never given a physical copy of the order, while the judge said he blatantly violated the order.

Millete's lawyer also said she will file a motion to modify the restraining order to try to allow him to contact his kids. His lawyer told ABC 10News that all phone calls he makes are monitored and recorded.

All I can say is WOW…these poor kids, I really feel for them. He’s so controlling, he can’t even stop himself while he’s in jail. SMH.

shot caller is from a yuppie turned white supremacist perpective.... what an odd choice. and wjy was he having access to phones at night arent they supposed to be on lock down at night???

Why did he have such phone privilege's? Well, he blew it now.
If you can, watch the news video too. They say it was only five minutes in court. His parents report it is very hard for them to control Larry on the phone calls, and he has ended up talking to the children. :mad: LM has been way out of control for a long, long time and his parents seem to enable him, JMO. He is placing more heavy weight on children :mad: that should not have to watch that movie and feel further insecurity about their future. :mad: Blatant disregard to the Judge's orders. Larry must be very scared now. Talk Larry.

Man charged with killing wife accused of prohibited contact with kids - (kusi.com) BBM

"Larry Millete, 40, who is accused of killing 39-year-old May “Maya” Millete, the mother of his three children, has made 129 jail calls since his arrest last week, a prosecutor said Wednesday."

"According to Deputy District Attorney Christy Bowles, Millete has spoken to his children — ages 11, 10, and 5 — during an undetermined number of the calls, which the prosecutor said happened despite a judge ordering him last week against having any contact with the children."

"Bowles said he has made “disparaging” remarks about his wife’s family in some of the calls and also suggested the two oldest children watch a prison movie called “Shot Caller” to better understand his current situation."

Short Trailer because I never watched this movie or know much about it. Oh no, it's not for children and will only worry them further.
Shot Caller Official Trailer #1 (2017)

SAN DIEGO COUNTY, Calif. — The husband of missing mother Maya Millete returned to court Wednesday after he was accused of violating a protective order involving his three kids.

During last week's arraignment, a judge ordered Larry Millete not to have any contact with his kids.

Prosecutors said since then, he's made 129 phone calls from jail, and that includes 9 hours’ worth of calls to his kids. They said the calls were made from jail at all hours of the day, during school hours as well as late at night. One call was made at 1:48 a.m.

Judge rules Larry Millete violated protective order | cbs8.com
Insane! What the heck is going on ???

MOO

Insane! What the heck is going on ???

MOO
Why did he have such phone privilege's? Well, he blew it now.
If you can, watch the news video too. They say it was only five minutes in court. His parents report it is very hard for them to control Larry on the phone calls, and he has ended up talking to the children. :mad: LM has been way out of control for a long, long time and his parents seem to enable him, JMO. He is placing more heavy weight on children :mad: that should not have to watch that movie and feel further insecurity about their future. :mad: Blatant disregard to the Judge's orders. Larry must be very scared now. Talk Larry.

Man charged with killing wife accused of prohibited contact with kids - (kusi.com) BBM

"Larry Millete, 40, who is accused of killing 39-year-old May “Maya” Millete, the mother of his three children, has made 129 jail calls since his arrest last week, a prosecutor said Wednesday."

"According to Deputy District Attorney Christy Bowles, Millete has spoken to his children — ages 11, 10, and 5 — during an undetermined number of the calls, which the prosecutor said happened despite a judge ordering him last week against having any contact with the children."

"Bowles said he has made “disparaging” remarks about his wife’s family in some of the calls and also suggested the two oldest children watch a prison movie called “Shot Caller” to better understand his current situation."

Short Trailer because I never watched this movie or know much about it. Oh no, it's not for children and will only worry them further.
Shot Caller Official Trailer #1 (2017)

Definitely something is really off with LM. Surely he realized that Jail Phone Calls are generally recorded, I think. Perhaps, cell phones are allowed now.

In Larry's first and only interview he mentioned that the oldest child was more like him....???? However, asking an 11-year-old "to read him the news headlines, as well as help him calculate what their mortgage" is a form of child abuse, IMO. He should never have contact with the kids again.....or until they have had substantial counseling and matured.

Quote from article above from @Curious Me.

Before this, I've heard experts on the local news say Larry won't get bail. Now, I think that is ensured and that he will not get bail. He's a "rule breaker" and "finagler" every which way. My thoughts are there will probably be no bail, and also no contact with children while in jail. MOO, the courts can't chance it. They must protect those children. Also, MOO, LM's parents are not respecting the Judges orders either, and have broken the rules.

finagler - act in a devious or dishonest manner.

In a common sense society, I would agree with you. However, this is California.
I've seen a whole lot of "not" commence sense from our judicial system since Gasgon, our head prosecutor was elected. He is currently under a recall effort.

Before this, I've heard experts on the local news say Larry won't get bail. Now, I think that is ensured and that he will not get bail. He's a "rule breaker" and "finagler" every which way. My thoughts are there will probably be no bail, and also no contact with children while in jail. MOO, the courts can't chance it. They must protect those children. Also, MOO, LM's parents are not respecting the Judges orders either, and have broken the rules.

finagler - act in a devious or dishonest manner.

What the heck, Larry has lost his ever-loving mind hasn't he?

IMO - he is scared to death the kids are going to tell something and he's not there to prevent or shut it down. He's toast, I think the kids have knowledge of something.

Definitely something is really off with LM. Surely he realized that Jail Phone Calls are generally recorded, I think. Perhaps, cell phones are allowed now.

In Larry's first and only interview he mentioned that the oldest child was more like him....???? However, asking an 11-year-old "to read him the news headlines, as well as help him calculate what their mortgage" is a form of child abuse, IMO. He should never have contact with the kids again.....or until they have had substantial counseling and matured.

Quote from article above from @Curious Me.

I believe much of what we are hearing about here has to do with jail conditions post COVID19 where revisions were forced across the country to accommodate mandates for all inmate visitation/contact by phone and/or video only.

It's big business -- outsourced, and I'll research who has the contract for Chula Vista/SDCJ inmates.

MOO

ETA: San Diego Jail annoucement...

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department will resume in-person and video visitation on October 15, 2021, at all Sheriff's Detention Facilities. We are pleased to welcome you back.

LM's housing area is designated: 3/MED

The Daily AM, Daily PM, and Daily Evening 30 minute video hours for inmates are published but seems "3/MED" is a special type of housing unit and not included. See link.

Detention Facilities | San Diego County Sheriff

Beginning July 1, all phone calls from San Diego County Sheriff's Department jails will be free. Local, long distance, and international calls are free. A person can make unlimited phone calls per day. To give everyone equal opportunity to use the phone, each call will be limited to 15 minutes.

The answers to many of the questions you may have about this new policy can be found below:

Important information about the San Diego County Jails and their inmates can be found on the San Diego County Sheriff's Department Public Information Plan.

For information on how to schedule an in-person or video visit, click here.

For other Customer Service Issues regarding inmate telephone services, please contact Securus at 1-800-844-6591 or online at SecurusTech.net.

To request a refund for an Advanced Connect Account, please click here.

All inmate telephone calls will be recorded unless the call is made to a number that has been verified by the Detention Investigations Unit (DIU) as registered to an attorney, physician or religious advisor; and entered into the "Do Not Record" database of telephone numbers. DIU can be reached at (858) 285 -2051.

Telephones | San Diego County Sheriff

https://www.sdsheriff.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/3663/637589308849030000

Last edited:
Larry apparently did not show up for work on the 6th which was unusual for him according to his boss in the arrest documents. We know Maya was last seen on the 7th at around 5:00pm. If he was planning Maya's demise on the 6th, I would be curious about his movements that day.

This is a great point. I caught that as well. I wonder if the boss also called his phone many times on the 6th and 7th as well with no response. Why did Larry not go to work on those days? I assumed it was because the family took off to prepare for the trip. If that was the case though, his boss wouldn’t have called so many times on the 8th. It’s very interesting to think he could have been plotting during that time.
As far as the rest of your points, they align with my previous post/opinion in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
^^rsbbm

I presume there's a message LM is trying to impart with this recommendation.

I also believe LM's head is in overdrive, and all he can think to do moving forward will be to blame his lawyer. I think the message to the kids is that everything he's doing from here on out is to "protect" the family.

Right... more like controlling and manipulating his entire family until his last breath. MOO

A California stockbroker is arrested and charged for a fatal DUI accident, and on his lawyer's advice, takes a plea deal which sees him sentenced to 16 months in prison. While incarcerated, he becomes involved with a violent white supremacist gang. Release date: August 18, 2017 (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach