Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying it’s likely, but two kids could’ve already been at grandmas. Two others plus O&O could be the four we see being loaded into the van. Drop off two more and return with O&O. But then why does it seem that they return without any kids.

LE stated no sign from the dogs that the 2 boys ever left the house either. IMO either meaning ...was never in the house or never left the house when the others left. My guess is the first.

why were the kids not allowed on the dirt anyway seems very odd to only let them plat on that tiny bit of concrete.

The more I thought about that statement days ago, the more I decided as a grandma I could never raise my grandgifts in that part of CA. There are too many little “beasties” hiding in that dirt! Scorpions, fire ants, rattle snakes... EEEKKKK.

Not saying that was her reason for saying that but just my point of view.

Iirc, Chief Walker was asked by a reporter at the first PC, (paraphrased):

Reporter- “were there signs/evidence that children lived in the home”?
Chief Walker- “yes”.
Reporter- “were there signs/evidence that Orrin & Orson lived in the home”?
Chief Walker- “not necessarily”.

IMHO

This is interesting. Note the first question is answered "yes" without qualification. This is likely true.
The second question however when its directly about, Orrin and Orson he says, "Not necessarily". This suggest (the former) that there were "signs/evidence" of kids in the home just not them.
How did he distinguish between the both?

This is interesting. Note the first question is answered "yes" without qualification. This is likely true.
The second question however when its directly about, Orrin and Orson he says, "Not necessarily". This suggest (the former) that there were "signs/evidence" of kids in the home just not them.
How did he distinguish between the both?

Four well used beds and two immaculate ones? No toys/clothes for kids this age strewn around? Shoes neatly put in the wardrobe, not out and about? No pictures drawn by three and four year olds? Just four kid towels in the bathroom? The toothbrushes absent, or seemingly unused and as dry as Mojave desert? No worn pyjamas in proper size anywhere?

JAN 14, 2021
Reward for missing boys increases to $100K | News | desertnews.com

600085c89ef42.image.jpg

Kern County Sheriff's Office vehicles stage in front of Silver Saddle Ranch on Aristotle Drive Wednesday morning, Jan. 13, while 50 officers and deputies search the grounds for Orson and Orrin West, two toddlers reported missing in California City on Dec. 21. According to Cal City Police, no signs were found.

[...]

In Jan. 13 interview with Bakersfield news station 23ABC, CCPD Chief Jon Walker said 50 personnel from multiple agencies searched Silver Saddle Ranch based on a tip from a resident. The compliment included California City police officers and KCSO's search and rescue team, who furnished a small boat.

"We're still looking and following up on tips, clues, anything that they can come up with," Walker said in that interview. He added he did not want to think of the search as a body recovery "because we don't have any information to prove that."

"Just because we can't find them doesn't mean their not alive," Walker said. "We really hope they are alive and they are safe."

[...]

"Bill Garcia Investigative services has been providing pro bono investigations for missing and abducted children for twenty eight years and have never been accused of fabricating witness sightings or been threatened by law enforcement," Garcia's statement reads. "In any event, I am concluding our efforts and pray that officials will followup properly. Good karma to all."

10717 Aspen Ave, California City, to Silver Saddle 20751 Aristotle Dr - Google Maps

We’ve seen photos of the “firewood” TW collected from a nearby field. Looked like a couple or so branches and some sticks to me. I’m curious where he had been obtaining his wood for fires before?

Hypothetically, for discussion purposes:
Criminal commits crime. Suddenly crook finds themself in a position where crook must call 911 to come to house.
What are the first things crook might do to avoid any detection of criminal activity?

We’ve seen photos of the “firewood” TW collected from a nearby field. Looked like a couple or so branches and some sticks to me. I’m curious where he had been obtaining his wood for fires before?

Criminal commits crime. Suddenly crook finds themself in a position where crook must call 911 to come to house.
What are the first things crook might do to avoid any detection of criminal activity?

Hypothetically, get rid of incriminating evidence, scrub electronics, create a story

JMO

My “avoid detection” plan would have started before I callled 911. Every neighbor in the area would have heard my calls, cries and yelling for my boys. In fact I would be so hysterical the neighbor may have been prompted to call 911 themselves. Every light in the house would be on. I would also make sure anything that I planned to say had physical evidence back up.

ETA..of course plenty of innocent people don’t act the way one would assume. I have been fooled before here in WS. One cannot judge based on that alone.

Last edited:

Burn the evidence.

I’m the first one to say people handle stress and fear very differently. Some rise. Some fall. The lack of their distress spoke volumes. Either way, story true - or - story false; stress and fear should implode, both physically and emotionally. Fear of going off script and/or polygraph; one might hypothesize altering substances in play. I can understand one parent standing in the calm to lead his/her family and stabilize the other. But both of them? Just standing there with zero emotion. Just. Standing. There. No. Look to Gannon’s parents for examples. In his case, destroyed mom took lead (someone had to do it! omg, I’m so proud of Landen ) and passionately cried out for her child. Passion does not apply to AP interview.

Four well used beds and two immaculate ones? No toys/clothes for kids this age strewn around? Shoes neatly put in the wardrobe, not out and about? No pictures drawn by three and four year olds? Just four kid towels in the bathroom? The toothbrushes absent, or seemingly unused and as dry as Mojave desert? No worn pyjamas in proper size anywhere?

@Hexe are these your own words & thoughts or did I miss an inventory?

My own. That's why there are question marks everywhere.

I honestly questioned myself more thinking I missed such a wonderful list! Lol Sorry I seen all the question marks but my brain was reading it more like “wtheck did I just hear”!

You wrote that so well ya took my blood pressure up a few notches. Good post thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova